SELECT CONTENT

Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 16 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 16 Empty Re: Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:14 am

AllAboutLove wrote:I'd so prefer that someone just owns who they are and what they do. Rather than pretending and hiding which only adds to the negative perception imo. If you're an actor and that's your job or something you do or pursue, own it. Say something like, yep I am an actor and that's part of my jobs but I am here for love, etc. etc. Actors can look for love too. This hiding and removing things to have a certain image just comes across as shady and trying to pretend. jmo

Ahead of the Bachelorette premiere earlier this month, Carlin removed 'actor' from his Instagram bio and deleted his Facebook fan page.

Carlin, who is billed as a 'personal trainer' on the show, also removed his StarNow profile, where he advertised his services to casting agents.

In recent years, he has starred in campaigns for menswear brand Tramps The Store and also appeared in short films like Red Zone, Divided and Graveyard Shift.

Furthermore, he has a lead role in the upcoming Australian drama Out of the Woods.
source

Bobette wrote: Last week several people posted on SM that during the break while Bette was airing, one of Carlin's ads came on.  Oops. Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 16 3806527698

Bobette wrote:@sprout From what I've seen people are fairly evenly split on Carlin, almost unanimously against Ryan and Jamie, and almost unanimously positive towards Ciarran and Timm.  Osher himself seems to be Ciarran's number one fanboy.  laugh out loud  

Bobette wrote:
sprout wrote:Err not in the groups I’m part of!

I'm talking about what I've seen posted by the public audience, on Twitter and IG.  I'm not part of any private groups.

Vjeff wrote:
sprout wrote:@Bobette I’m not a user of twitter or much of Instagram, only Facebook so this is how we are seeing different things  Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 16 1f600

Agreed, completely different demographics. As a 26 year old no one I know uses Facebook, people only really use Insta these days. So I think the opinions will be reflected in that.

@Vjeff I totally agree re: demographics.  Also I suspect a private group would be filled with like-minded individuals so probably not a reflection of the wider audience IMO.

@sprout if you want to see what the general public are saying on Twitter you can type in #BacheloretteAU as a search term.  I'm not the only one who is skeptical about him.  

Source

That said, there are also many positive ones (mainly about his appearance/face) so I think it's fair to say the wider audience is split on Carlin.

It will be interesting to see how people feel after the next episode when his comments about wanting/expecting to be Bach 2020 are disclosed.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 16 Empty Re: Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Storybook Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:25 am

It's both laughable and annoying to me, that Carlin is not allowed to find love again because he was married before. And for the record I believe he is divorced and has an ex-wife. And I also believe this was made a deal of to create yet more drama and a huge stumbling block against Carlin being genuine.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by sprout Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:34 am

Edited because never mind Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 16 1f60e

Last edited by sprout on Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by sprout Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:42 am

Storybook wrote:It's both laughable and annoying to me, that Carlin is not allowed to find love again because he was married before. And for the record I believe he is divorced and has an ex-wife. And I also believe this was made a deal of to create yet more drama and a huge stumbling block against Carlin being genuine.

I know, right? Perhaps that naughty man needs to join a monastery seeing he’s not entitled to finding love ever again Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 16 3806527698

JMO
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:52 am

sprout wrote:I’m not sure why there is a need to try and devalue my observations on what I’m currently experiencing as an actual member of these groups??

@sprout I don't think anyone is trying to do that.  Forum rules state that we are not allowed to talk about anything discussed in private SM groups or posted on non-public SM accounts, both for privacy reasons and because the information can't be verified.

GuardianAngel wrote:FYI any SM content that is private cannot be discussed or posted because we respect their privacy. TYIA
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by sprout Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:57 am

Bobette wrote:
sprout wrote:I’m not sure why there is a need to try and devalue my observations on what I’m currently experiencing as an actual member of these groups??

@sprout I don't think anyone is trying to do that.  Forum rules state that we are not allowed to talk about anything discussed in private SM groups or posted on non-public SM accounts, both for privacy reasons and because the information can't be verified.  

I wasn’t discussing what was said specifically though in these groups. I was just trying to point out that these groups are more than just a handful of like minded individuals discussing the show. There also seemed to be an incorrect perception that the wider audience does not use Facebook to discuss the show and contestants.
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:09 am

@sprout Your post here about what was discussed in the private Facebook group was was very specific which is why I didn't quote the whole post upthread.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by sprout Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:14 am

Bobette wrote:@sprout Your post here about what was discussed in the private Facebook group was was very specific which is why I didn't quote the whole post upthread.

I didn’t name anyone though and these opinions are just a general perception of the vibe and did not include any actual quotes but I’ll delete it anyway.
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Bachbee Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:35 am

I'm doubtful that TBPT would leave a revelation that Carlin is an actor and was hoping to be next lead in the edit, unless they wanted it to be addressed in their way before it came out publicly.
It also looks like Angie sends Jamie home in defense of Carlin and Cirrian (imo viewer favorite) isn't happy about it and walks.
It's reminding me of how they left Britt making Cass cry in the edit on Nicks season.. and we all know how that ended for her (F1 but not quite). F1 darling but show enough flaws to help explain why there is no happy couple at the end.
Bachbee
Bachbee

Female Posts : 517

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:30 am

@Bachbee Yes it reminds me of when Ali "dealt with" the staircase incident by sending Nathan home for talking about it, while not actually addressing/denying the rumours at all. laugh out loud  

Just TPTB's way of trying to address something they knew would come out in the long run and similarly they would have expected Carlin to be recognised as an actor from his ads IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:39 am

I check the Bachelorette AU IG page mainly and Carlin’s pics are the most liked and the videos are the most viewed. I don’t know what barometer is being used to decipher how the audience feels about the contestants but the IG likes say a lot to me. For sure there are Twitter / IG comments that are both positive and negative for all the contestants. Also since the show has premiered I have not seen the show handle trend in the top ten once on Twitter so not sure how many folks are actually tweeting this season. I personally don’t think there will be backlash when Carlin is F1, the general audience as I have noted before is very fickle and just care to watch the love story play out since IMO they ain’t thinking too deep about the show like sleuthers do...all jmo.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:20 am

mercieme wrote:I check the Bachelorette AU IG page mainly and Carlin’s pics are the most liked and the videos are the most viewed. I don’t know what barometer is being used to decipher how the audience feels about the contestants but the IG likes say a lot to me. For sure there are Twitter / IG comments that are both positive and negative for all the contestants. Also since the show has premiered I have not seen the show handle trend in the top ten once on Twitter so not sure how many folks are actually tweeting this season. I personally don’t think there will be backlash when Carlin is F1, the general audience as I have noted before is very fickle and just care to watch the love story play out since IMO they ain’t thinking too deep about the show like sleuthers do...all jmo.
I agree. I also think Angie knew that Carlin was a strong contender very early on and IMO their love story will start to unfold after their 2nd SD. It seems like there could be a couple of obstacles for them to jump over. I know that Angie has said she wants someone who makes her laugh, but IMO there’s a big difference between that and a complete jokester all the time .. that would drive me crazy. Jamie is annoying me big time with all his voice overs, Timm seems like a nice guy but too OTT, Ciarran also seems like a lovely guy but too eccentric, Ryan seems very genuine and totally there for Angie, I like Jackson, and Hayden. I thought Glenn was really attractive and lovely but she didn’t get to know him and let him go - maybe he was too reserved and didn’t really feel it with Angie. Obviously AJMO.

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+30
jenski_tas
Dirty Street Pie
Kindnesscounts
bluwavz
richmond1
Vjeff
Flowergrrl
ReneeM
Finch
mbl
stoneleigh