SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - Media - SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #8

Page 50 of 79 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 64 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - Media - SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #8 - Page 50 Empty Re: Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - Media - SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #8

Post by Chgohighlife Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:59 pm

@HEA
I will not disagree with your characterization of Hannah because you are right; she had no right to expose Peter as she did, she was beyond angry and out of control. Fact is we did not see the total exchange and it was edited poorly but, intentionally so. However, Hannah is not without blame. IMO She was wrong on many levels and I have said that many times. I do not find her smart or classy or even right, most of the time.

Luke exhibits behavior I hate to see in anyone. There is no special knowledge required to know and understand that sex before/outside marriage is not sanctioned period by Christians north, south, east or west. I have known good men of all faiths, ages 20-100 throughout my whole life. I know none who would find Hannah B’s comments acceptable, especially on national tv. What she said made no sense in the context of respect for a devout Christian man. Luke’s purported belief is not a mystery or unusual but IMO it’s not the point because it’s not why people dislike him, at all. He’s clearly a hypocrite as indicated by the fact that he tossed his beliefs aside for more screen time and another attempt to wed this woman who told him in no uncertain terms that they were unequally yoked and his beliefs meant nothing to her. Then, she asked him to leave.

IMO Anyone who watched all the episodes should know why she hit the ceiling when he told her she “owed” him. It’s because she had already stupidly and foolishly turned her entire season over to him. It took her till that point to understand that she should have sent him home week one. That everything the other men had tried to tell her about Luke was true and she had been duped by a poorly constructed act and he was not who he pretended to be. IMO he was just a control freak attempting to use the Bible and her faith to control her and get his way. This is very apparent to Luke detractors. IMO We don’t allow him to hide behind his faith because it is clear to his detractors and to Hannah that he is not governed by faith but, by his excessive pride. The anger she directs at Luke is the frustration and disappointment in herself she felt for being so gullible and easily manipulated. She is really angry with herself and she should be because she gave Luke too much power and her season is almost as much about him, as her. All IMO.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - Media - SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #8 - Page 50 Empty Re: Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - Media - SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #8

Post by 4health Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:30 am

albean99 wrote:Luke came across as very rude and controlling to me. First he said if she had slept with one or two guys to tell him and he'd leave. Then he backed down on that yet it still came across as very judgmental. The whole "you owe me..." just made it all worse. To me it’s not as much about differences in religious beliefs, but in how Hannah (and women in general) wants to be treated. JMO

I respect your opinion and can see why you and others feel the same.  I don’t have a horse in this race.  I don’t have a favorite at all because IMO Hannah was my issue with this season plus tptb did some major editing.   I have to remind myself that this show doesn’t show us true people/personalities.   TPTB are the true
manipulators IMO and Hannah wasn’t doing this show to find a husband IMO because she had no thought or respect for any of the men.   She didn’t care it was all about her IMO.

4health

Female Posts : 1493

Back to top Go down

Post by avacaroline Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:44 am

Chgohighlife wrote:@HEA
I will not disagree with your characterization of Hannah because you are right; she had no right to expose Peter as she did, she was beyond angry and out of control. Fact is we did not see the total exchange and it was edited poorly but, intentionally so. However, Hannah is not without blame. IMO She was wrong on many levels and I have said that many times. I do not find her smart or classy or even right, most of the time.

Luke exhibits behavior I hate to see in anyone. There is no special knowledge required to know and understand that sex before/outside marriage is not sanctioned period by Christians north, south, east or west. I have known good men of all faiths, ages 20-100 throughout my whole life. I know none who would find Hannah B’s comments acceptable, especially on national tv. What she said made no sense in the context of respect for a devout Christian man. Luke’s purported belief is not a mystery or unusual but IMO it’s not the point because it’s not why people dislike him, at all. He’s clearly a hypocrite as indicated by the fact that he tossed his beliefs aside for more screen time and another attempt to wed this woman who told him in no uncertain terms that they were unequally yoked and his beliefs meant nothing to her. Then, she asked him to leave.

IMO Anyone who watched all the episodes should know why she hit the ceiling when he told her she “owed” him. It’s because she had already stupidly and foolishly turned her entire season over to him. It took her till that point to understand that she should have sent him home week one. That everything the other men had tried to tell her about Luke was true and she had been duped by a poorly constructed act and he was not who he pretended to be. IMO he was just a control freak attempting to use the Bible and her faith to control her and get his way. This is very apparent to Luke detractors. IMO We don’t allow him to hide behind his faith because it is clear to his detractors and to Hannah that he is not governed by faith but, by his excessive pride.  The anger she directs at Luke is the frustration and disappointment in herself she felt for being so gullible and easily manipulated. She is really angry with herself and she should be because she gave Luke too much power and her season is almost as much about him, as her.  All IMO.

YEEEESSSSSS!!!!! YES YES!!! clapping!
avacaroline
avacaroline

Female Posts : 807

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:53 am

@Chgohighlife I obviously see it very differently which is fine. Nobody read a book the same Hugesmile

I saw a man who was bullied by the guys because Hannah liked him a lot and because he did not respect the bro code as his purpose was Hannah. I saw a man alone and used by the prods (Garett ridiculous ham per se). I saw a man who got all the green lights from Hannah that she loved him by kissing him like she was making love. I saw an insecure man who saw the ideal girl he created and was in love in a show he should never have stepped in. I saw a man pushed to his limits and all his buttons with.

Is he perfect? Heck no. But in there, weeks after weeks, his only support was his faith and the ideal Hannah he created. When the ideal Hannah disappeared, he was crushed. I honestly believe he had genuine feelings for Hannah but it was not Hannah at all. It was the ideal woman he created.

Yes he has serious issues. For one, he must learn to know people and not create an ideal vision of them. He needs to listen. He needs to better communicate. He needs to just stop trying to be perfect. He needs to gain more life experience. I do not think he knows what a couple means and furthermore a relationship means.

But. With the right girl who has the same beliefs, the same goal, the same aspirations. He will become a fine man. Give him a few years in the right environment, with the right people to love him the way he is and show him where he needs to change.

Because you know what? Luke is as imperfect as Hannah as everyone and instead of hate, I’d rather think the edits created a villain... like each season in this Reality Tv show that exist only upon the illusion of love.

Everyone on set can be a villain. Crew taped hundred of hours. Use them, cut them, edit them, build a story, pushed Luke in one direction that for sure will rub the wrong way the other guys, build this tension and resentment and jealousy and drama... and voila!

We know nothing but what we saw of Luke at hometown. Did he look unloved? Unappreciated? Nope. Because he was in his element.

So again, let’s wish him the best. Same for Hannah who need serious mental support. It is obvious she dislikes herself and mixed up everything and obviously also need to experience life. But I have to admit she made good tv show. 1.6millions followers is impressive!

Cheers, my friend wine give them both credit that knowing a person well in this environment is a challenge. This show is a bleach, yet I still hope for a happy ending with a jaded perspective. Meh

Is it the finale yet?  Smiley from Millan.Net

Back to top Go down

Post by violetstoo Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:15 am

Chgohighlife wrote:@HEA

IMO Anyone who watched all the episodes should know why she hit the ceiling when he told her she “owed” him. It’s because she had already stupidly and foolishly turned her entire season over to him. It took her till that point to understand that she should have sent him home week one. That everything the other men had tried to tell her about Luke was true and she had been duped by a poorly constructed act and he was not who he pretended to be. IMO he was just a control freak attempting to use the Bible and her faith to control her and get his way. This is very apparent to Luke detractors. IMO We don’t allow him to hide behind his faith because it is clear to his detractors and to Hannah that he is not governed by faith but, by his excessive pride.  The anger she directs at Luke is the frustration and disappointment in herself she felt for being so gullible and easily manipulated. She is really angry with herself and she should be because she gave Luke too much power and her season is almost as much about him, as her.  All IMO.

And that is the tea, homemade!!!! clapping! deadhorse

violetstoo

Back to top Go down

Post by violetstoo Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:24 am

HEA wrote:@Chgohighlife happy Sunday to you too bestbud!

I listened few times and I did not hear him saying anything rude to her, or didn’t attacked her. He said that they spoke about purity before marriage... not a new subject then..... and he wanted confirmation with her own words, face to face, that she did not sleep with any of the guys... BECAUSE his beliefs were that he did not have sex since he found Jesus (2 years +/-) and he expected his future fiancé to believe the same.

Not verbatim but the essential is here.

She twisted it that he shamed her. He didn’t. He didn’t say: you are a s***. He was shocked and that was purposely said for shocking him that she F*** in the windmill... with no care whatsoever what Peter would think that it was shared on national TV.

SHE took it that way because she knew perfectly well that southern baptists are very strict regarding purity before marriage and she got mad about it.

Yes nobody should judge her. Yes only Jesus will. Yes it is her body. Yes she can do whatever she wants.

But in the process, she did hurt Peter. She did hurt voluntarily Luke. She didn’t follow Jesus commandments (not my words it is said many times in the Bible) She did not respect his values but expected that he would accept and be fine that she slept with guys few days before a potential proposal because she was free to do it. F*** the consequences and F*** if anyone was upset in the process. Facts.

Selfish. Me me me. We shall call her MeHannah ... the same way we used to call DeAnna.

I disagree. Both were excessive imo. But blaming only Luke is unfair.

I believe he was 100% convinced she was in love with him. She literally pull a bullet in his mega bubble. Him or prods doesn’t matter. He was shocked beyond words because he realized FINALLY that Hannah was not the ideal perfect girl he thought she was. And this is why he couldn’t leave. He was just frozen in shock. We can clearly see it when she yelled him to leave and when he tried to speak she yelled again and again... giving the last bullet telling him she F*** in the windmill.

That is not an adult conversation but an angry woman who found the right words to hurt a man who said early on he fell in love with.

So yes. It was very unfortunate that Luke came on this show for her. Unfortunate that he was crazy to create this perfect woman before stepping at ep1. Unfortunate that they did not have much time to speak in depth about how they practice their religion daily. Unfortunate that we saw only the worse of edited Luke. Unfortunate that Hannah thought of herself as Queen Hannah and the contestants as her peasants to please her, love her, worship her, put her on a pedestal... regardless of their struggles, feelings, jealousy and all.

But that is the beast of the show. It was her journey... and damn the consequences after all.

Yes I defend Luke but only on a spiritual side. I do not like his personality much. But I know very well where he is coming from his baptist community. Been in very very identical community. We have to live it to understand. And this is why I find it difficult to see him an evil person to burn alive. He is not. I found him a complete alien living with another complete different species. None of them are bad or better, just impossible to understand each other.

I wish them both peace and harmony and happiness. They are human being with good and bad trying their best to follow Jesus words. Whatever they do or say, BOTH, it is their choice, their life.

My opinion which is as good as any on this board, just in the minority.  Hugesmile

I definitely see where you are coming from, but I still think we need to be willing to look outside of our community, and see how other people navigate in the world Appreciate your pov, thanks for sharing Smiley

violetstoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:51 am

@violetstoo I totally agree. Disversity means expanding our knowledge and experience yes

@4health @USAGold bestbud!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:30 am

@HEA
People who really are what Luke is pretending to be are not “complete aliens” nor are they “impossible to understand” because it is through example that they lead and influence and make those unfamiliar want to know more and emulate and learn and grow. Failing all those things (as Luke does consistently) does not make one better than others. It makes them isolated and valued only by those who are willing to subjugate themselves or who don’t need them anyway. It makes them fail in their mission and their responsibility because they are devoid of positive impact and present false and poor examples of what they can only give voice to but, are not sincere or, genuine enough to live and model for others.

I know there is a great need for some to believe this man is rejected for his beliefs but IMO he is not. He is rejected because he is false and his triumphant re-appearance back on our screens tonite to continue to make this season all about him is the proof of that. IMO He has no self-respect. Hannah has amply and graphically demonstrated her disdain and disrespect for Luke. There is nothing there for him except cameras but, those are more than enough as he basks in his own narcissistic glory. So, so sick of him AND his enablers, too. All IMO.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:34 am

Chgohighlife wrote:~snipped

Luke’s purported belief is not a mystery or unusual but IMO it’s not the point because it’s not why people dislike him, at all. He’s clearly a hypocrite as indicated by the fact that he tossed his beliefs aside for more screen time and another attempt to wed this woman who told him in no uncertain terms that they were unequally yoked and his beliefs meant nothing to her. Then, she asked him to leave.

Because this is the media thread, I'll touch on a few of the highlighted points as it relates to Luke's determination to gain notoriety by promoting his faith on national tv. Mike Robertson, ministry leader at Luke's church was quoted in the Gainsville Times: "He wants to share his faith on national tv. He believes God has given him this opportunity to go out there and he's praying for opportunities." 

I have no problem with Luke or anyone else declaring their faith, but I'm saddened by his warped portrayal of Christian values. Perhaps Luke has seen how successful Sean Lowe has been parlaying his stint on the Bachelor into dozens of tv show appearances. But Sean was quite a bit more mature in his faith than Luke and didn't lie, manipulate, demoralize or attempt to control the women on his season. 

Luke's brother Mike and SIL Hannah have admitted they follow spoiler accounts Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - Media - SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #8 - Page 50 2498057887 hoping to help Luke prepare for his appearance on the show. Mike complained in various media sources that it wasn't fair for other eliminated contestants to appear on GMA when Luke wasn't invited to appear. Mike also admitted during his Fox interview that Luke wanted to use the Bachelorette as a platform to share his views on faith with the nation. Prideful much? IMO of course. It's no surprise to me that Hannah twisted off on Luke when she finally realized he was exactly the man others had told her he'd shown himself to be. IMO.

https://www.gainesvilletimes.com/life/gainesville-resident-luke-parker-to-be-on-upcoming-season-of-the-bachelorette-in-may/

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ADDED SOURCE)

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahD Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:29 am

FLChica wrote:

Luke’s purported belief is not a mystery or unusual but IMO it’s not the point because it’s not why people dislike him, at all. He’s clearly a hypocrite as indicated by the fact that he tossed his beliefs aside for more screen time and another attempt to wed this woman who told him in no uncertain terms that they were unequally yoked and his beliefs meant nothing to her. Then, she asked him to leave.

Because this is the media thread, I'll touch on a few of the highlighted points as it relates to Luke's determination to gain notoriety by promoting his faith on national tv. Mike Robertson, ministry leader at Luke's church was quoted in the Gainsville Times: "He wants to share his faith on national tv. He believes God has given him this opportunity to go out there and he's praying for opportunities." 

I have no problem with Luke or anyone else declaring their faith, but I'm saddened by his warped portrayal of Christian values. Perhaps Luke has seen how successful Sean Lowe has been parlaying his stint on the Bachelor into dozens of tv show appearances. But Sean was quite a bit more mature in his faith than Luke and didn't lie, manipulate, demoralize or attempt to control the women on his season. 

Luke's brother Mike and SIL Hannah have admitted they follow spoiler accounts Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - Media - SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #8 - Page 50 2498057887 hoping to help Luke prepare for his appearance on the show. Mike complained in various media sources that it wasn't fair for other eliminated contestants to appear on GMA when Luke wasn't invited to appear. Mike also admitted during his Fox interview that Luke wanted to use the Bachelorette as a platform to share his views on faith with the nation. Prideful much? IMO of course. It's no surprise to me that Hannah twisted off on Luke when she finally realized he was exactly the man others had told her he'd shown himself to be. IMO.
https://www.gainesvilletimes.com/life/gainesville-resident-luke-parker-to-be-on-upcoming-season-of-the-bachelorette-in-may/

I agree with both of you. That's why I can never defend Luke's spirituality because I never saw it.  He trumps himself as a Christian but his behavior and his manner of expecting someone to agree and comply with his beliefs is really off-putting. As someone said before, His manner of Christisnity is like the Pharisees who are primarily hypocrites.  He makes himself appear holy and everyone else who do not share his beliefs be damned.

He intended to use his platform to share his faith but at the rate of hate towards him, I don't think he did his faith any favors.

It goes without saying...everything I say is IMO.
SarahD
SarahD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutchy23 Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:47 am

SarahD wrote:
FLChica wrote:

I agree with both of you. That's why I can never defend Luke's spirituality because I never saw it.  He trumps himself as a Christian but his behavior and his manner of expecting someone to agree and comply with his beliefs is really off-putting. As someone said before, His manner of Christisnity is like the Pharisees who are primarily hypocrites.  He makes himself appear holy and everyone else who do not share his beliefs be damned.

He intended to use his platform to share his faith but at the rate of hate towards him, I don't think he did his faith any favors.  

I dislike him because imo he is a total hypocrite. He did not have sex with a girl he was in a relationship with. He used girls for his own pleasure. He was having threesomes and has even thrown money at girls after having sex with them! So he didn't have any respect for women!
Than all of a sudden he sees Jesus in the shower and he thinks he is a total saint?
Who is he to judge Hannah?
I could have respected him for his believes and his faith, but not after what he has done.
For me this is hiding behind a religion and not acting on it.

Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - Media - SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #8 - Page 50 Hollan11
Dutchy23
Dutchy23

Female Posts : 398

Back to top Go down

Post by alwayscooking Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:28 am

I find this tweet by Lauren Zima so odd considering Peter or Tyler haven't even been eliminated yet.  Also abc hasn't even release ANY photo's of her final 2 guys or ANY photo's of the FRC.  Not even in her FRC dress. Has there ever been a season where we are down to the last week and still nothing from the FRC  yet?
Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - Media - SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #8 - Page 50 Screen47

https://twitter.com/laurenzima
alwayscooking
alwayscooking

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 50 of 79 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 64 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 15 - Hannah Brown - Media - SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #8

+86
Spoil Me Again
beautifulxendings
misslurking
iamreal2u
Eagle Eye