SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Page 61 of 79 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 70 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 61 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Post by Sundy Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:28 pm

@agent99 imo because she would make great TV. I read an article, it could have been here, where Elly said Abbie was openly talking about wanting to be on BiP. Half of me thinks she is in on the whole charade, the other half of me thinks she is playing down her connection in front of the other girls
Sundy
Sundy

Female Posts : 5893

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 61 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Post by Agent99 Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:46 pm

Sundy wrote:@agent99 imo because she would make great TV. I read an article, it could have been here, where Elly said Abbie was openly talking about wanting to be on BiP. Half of me thinks she is in on the whole charade, the other half of me thinks she is playing down her connection in front of the other girls

Abbie likes herself on tv imo, so she would want to be extending her time in the limelight by being on BiP.   All of me thinks she is in on the whole charade laugh out loud

Agent99

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaynab Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:55 pm

Matt has said in numerous interviews that he feels like he had good interactions with all of the women. IMO, I think the reason Matt and Abbie connected so well is because of how open she was with him, whereas it took Chelsie a long time to open up to him, Chelsie kept her cards close to her chest. Abbie is the person I think he got to see the most of as in who she is before any of the other girls, and it’s not like this process is a year long, it’s 3 months so he can only go off what’s infront of him. Matt doesn’t really have to work hard for anything from Abbie necessarily so I’m sure he always knew how strongly she felt for him which I think played into him keeping her for long. Also, I remember Monique saying in one interview Abbie likes to play like she’s a feminist and all this so I think they probably did connect on many levels. I just think Chelsie is everything he’s always wanted and he’s said that on the show and after that his F1 is everything he said he wanted and more. I think it shows that Matt kept Chelsie around when she wasn’t as open but i think he wanted from her what Abbie was giving and wanted Chelsie to be the one. Like Snez said Sam would say to her he thought she seemed disinterest. IMO, although the editing is obviously leaving a lot out of their conversations and full relationship with Matt and Abbie just like there leaving the other stuff out of Matt and Chelsie as well. IMO it shows that none of the girls are strongly defending her, most are saying she did what she had to do to win and get time with Matt, no problem with that. I think once the show gets down to hometowns and the girls don’t have to focus on Abbie, hopefully the editing chills out as they’ll only be focusing on the relationships. They’ll have to as she’s not going to have arguments with girls after the next episode. i think two things can be true that Abbie Had a relationship based on more than just lust with Matt and her not being the nicest, most easy to live with person. Abbie has even said in an interview she thought the girls were her friends so she would just talk but now regrets it so I’m sure when she was in the house she would’ve said things she saw as a joke or otherwise since from the insider guides she was included in the group as one of the loudest girls with Mary and Nikki.
At the end of the day, Matt said this in his interview with Jonesy and Amanda on Friday, talking about why he doesn’t watch it and if his F1 finds it awkward.
He added, “You’ve got to remember that this is a moment that happened a long time ago in the past and the premise of the show is that I’m single and it’s … just something that we need to try and delicately move forward and navigate together.”
At the end of the day, the filming is three months and when the finale airs on the 19th it would’ve been 4 months. I really think Matt and Chelsie are really happy and he just wants to move forward.

Zaynab

Female Posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:09 pm

Vjeff wrote:
Bobette wrote:@Sundy Yeah it's almost like the selection of contestants was an experiment to see what type of woman he'd choose.  I don't think Matt would have met a lot of chemical engineers on Tinder so I think he has *other criteria* than just brains, and F1 could have gone another way.

I kinda disagree with the top bit only because Matt did a 4 year engineering degree and goes back to Perth often so I'm sure he knows plenty of female engineers from UWA alumni. I actually see it as almost odd when he acts like he has never met a female nerd before.

@Vjeff I may not have worded that well because I agree with you - I also think he would have met hot nerds before (he apparently had a fling with his Swiss PhD tutor for a start...).  

What I meant was, if he was only interested in women of a certain intellectual level, Tinder would not be the place to find them, and I've heard him mention dating apps several times.

Basically I don't think Matt's running any IQ tests at his bedroom door and, producer meddling aside, I think Abbie earned her place in the final 2 and he wanted her there.

Agent99 wrote:I agree that Matt is getting an endearing, dorky Hugh Grant-esque edit, who looks utterly befuddled around beautiful women.   But in that scene with Abbie, you see a different Matt imo.  He is in control of the conversation imo.  He is gently chiding her, albeit in a very teasing manner.   I think he knows exactly what Abbie is doing.  The question for me is - did he take her to F2 because he genuinely did like her, or because she would make great tv.

Glad you saw it too and I especially agree with the bold.  Matt is thoroughly enjoying having women squabble over him IMO - perhaps making up for lost time if he was a nerdy kid.

I think Abbie is smarter than people give her credit for and there was a mutual understanding between them.  She's not a clueless bimbo making unreciprocated advances, IMO.

Agent99 wrote:
Sundy wrote:@agent99 imo because she would make great TV. I read an article, it could have been here, where Elly said Abbie was openly talking about wanting to be on BiP. Half of me thinks she is in on the whole charade, the other half of me thinks she is playing down her connection in front of the other girls

Abbie likes herself on tv imo, so she would want to be extending her time in the limelight by being on BiP.   All of me thinks she is in on the whole charade laugh out loud

I agree here also - on the swing date they very much reminded me of two actors, especially when whispering to each other, like when one forgets a line and the other helps out.  IMO they bonded, even if - or maybe because - they were both "in on it".

IMO the other girls saying Abbie is "too competitive" has only made her more attractive to him - because he knows she's all in and he doesn't have to win her over/work for her affection like we see with Helena.  Abbie is easy for him IMO, in a good way.

I'm hoping she does go to Paradise and the backlash hasn't put her off (though somehow I doubt it would laugh out loud).  The two people I want there most are Abbie and Kristen because I think both have been heavily edited and I want to see them au naturale.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Kels0012 Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:49 pm

@Missnair Curious why you don't like Matt as a Bachelor? I think he is doing a great job and shows personality. Of course I'm used to the US version where all the leads are generic and bland and only watched the successful seasons of the AU Bach on the archive. What is wrong with him?
Kels0012
Kels0012

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:56 pm

Zaynab wrote:IMO, I think the reason Matt and Abbie connected so well is because of how open she was with him, whereas it took Chelsie a long time to open up to him, Chelsie kept her cards close to her chest. Abbie is the person I think he got to see the most of as in who she is before any of the other girls.

I agree @Zaynab, being able to open up quickly in the environment of this show is paramount. Chelsea could easily have gone the way of Helena IMO if she hadn't managed to drop her guard in time. She reminds me a bit of Tim's Anna in that regard.

susanna22 wrote: Against many... I would have prefer for Matt to end up with Abbie! Even if it would have been for a short relationship ... because I have no doubt it would have been a very fun and memorable one for both of them.

welcomeback @susanna22

I'm glad he chooses Chelsea because she is not the kind of woman who usually gets cast on this show, and I think they have a chance at longevity, but I certainly think Abbie held a lot of appeal for Matt and if he had picked her I'd understand why.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaynab Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:22 pm

IMO, I really think Chelsie is not as quiet as they are making her out to be in the sense of not having a strong personality like Abbiw. Obviously she was shy, but for her to be friends with the majority of the house, she is someone who could connect with the girls. Rachael has said Chelsie is hilarious, also Rachael, Jessica and Nichole both have commented on this Ig post with Rachael saying party Chelsie is her favorite Chelsie. https://www.instagram.com/p/B2BrN7sjtg5/?igshid=4g2wbfz3esa4. Also Rachael calls Chelsie Cheeky Che.
Matt said on their second one on one he loves that she challenges him and keeps him on his toes, so I think he was as attracted to her and they had a flirty relationship as well. Also Vakoo said on the podcast the Real Talk with Holly and Ali this past Friday the only reason she is still watching the show is for Chelsie because they are really close. I really hope they show more of her personality and I am excited for next week to see them together as a couple in interviews and things. Also, Chelsie said in the NW top 7 interview that she was self conscious infront of the cameras. IMO, also looking at her IG and her siblings Facebook she doesn’t come off as shy.

Zaynab

Female Posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundy Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:23 pm

Apparently they have screened the HTD ad. Did anyone see it?
Sundy
Sundy

Back to top Go down

Post by butterflylove Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:09 pm

Sundy wrote:Apparently they have screened the HTD ad. Did anyone see it?

Wait. What? When? Where?
butterflylove
butterflylove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundy Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:18 pm

butterflylove wrote:

Wait. What? When? Where?

People are saying they saw it and Elly basically gives up. It’s quite normal for the ad to come out on the weekend
Sundy
Sundy

Back to top Go down

Post by butterflylove Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:50 pm

Sundy wrote:
butterflylove wrote:

Wait. What? When? Where?

People are saying they saw it and Elly basically gives up. It’s quite normal for the ad to come out on the weekend

But not usually for Hometowns, that'll be Thursday's ep.. surely they wouldn't spoil HTD's.. ? Would they....
butterflylove
butterflylove

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:59 pm

Zaynab wrote:IMO, I really think Chelsie is not as quiet as they are making her out to be in the sense of not having a strong personality like Abbiw.

It works in their favour to make the F1 and F2 seem really different. I bet Matt and Chelsie connect on multiple levels but it makes "better TV" if Chelsie is the nerdy/intellectual one while Abbie is the physical one.  When I don't doubt that Abbie is also highly intelligent, and Chelsie is fun and sexy.  Look at her instagram photos, she's willing to do silly poses while drinking and wearing thong bikinis ... she's not some wallflower nerd reading textbooks 24/7 but TPTB definitely want the average viewer to think she is.
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1342

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 61 of 79 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 70 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

+45
Lurker1000
Kels0012
susanna22
Blueeyes85
stoneleigh