SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Episodes #2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 55 of 72 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 63 ... 72  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Episodes #2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 55 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Episodes #2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Michdealm Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:20 pm

One thing I noticed during Abbie and Matt's time on the yacht was that she seldom looked at him when she spoke. Perhaps she was trying desperately to think of things to say. I get the impression it is all an act and not very good acting either.
I also do not buy into her comment about being horny. They were never alone during those supposed intimate moments. There would be many cameras and producers around. It all seemed scripted to me. The lack of genuine emotion on her part makes the finale unexciting.
I am most interested in the Friday interviews which will indicate how things are going with Matt and Chelsie.

Michdealm

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Episodes #2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 55 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Episodes #2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Vjeff Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:47 pm

Bobette wrote:
Vjeff wrote:
I really think it is pointless for us to comment on how much effort was put into dates TBH given it was more likely the producers that arranged the gift vs Matt and we don't ecen see half of the dates (e.g. a lot of SM comments saying Helena and Matt didn't even kiss on their date, when we know they cut out a major portion). I personally do not believe he arranged the gift any more than he arranged the soundwave gift for Emma. On Abbie, she is young and I think she truly does believe she is in love with him, and I think she probably realised right after filming that she wasn't. Jmo

I'm with you @Vjeff - the Leads have very little control over anything IMO.  Yes he probably did the math but the rest was TPTB IMO.  As for Abbie being in love, I'd disagree there, I've seen her pulling back the past couple of eps, but personally I don't see how anyone could be in love after such a short amount of time.  "I like you and I'd like to date you after the show", sure, but "I'm in love with you?"  I never believe it when Leads or contestants say that - just TV scripting IMO.  Anyway about to watch now...

Agreed. Emma's friend's reaction when Emma said they had been on two dates sums it up haha..
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:58 pm

@Vjeff Someone did the math one season and I think the total amount of time the Lead spent with any contestant was something like 40 hours maximum.  It was used at the time as a way of arguing that the F2 didn't have a reason to be upset because they couldn't be in love after such a short amount of time but uh yeah hello the exact same applies in relation to the Lead/F1 IMO.

I'm not saying I think Chelsie and Matt aren't a good match - IMO they are - but the love story if it happens will come post-show IMO.  For me the "romance" side of this show is always secondary - it's the sleuthing and detective work and puzzle solving that I enjoy most, and seeing how TPTB are able to craft characters and storylines that the majority of viewers take at face value.  

Still haven't had a chance to watch but hopefully soon... darn work! Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Episodes #2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 55 3806527698
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:18 pm

Michdealm wrote:One thing I noticed during Abbie and Matt's time on the yacht was that she seldom looked at him when she spoke. Perhaps she was trying desperately to think of things to say.  I get the impression it is all an act and not very good acting either.
I also do not buy into her comment about being horny. They were never alone during those supposed intimate moments. There would be many cameras and producers around. It all seemed scripted to me. The lack of genuine emotion on her part makes the finale unexciting.
I am most interested in the Friday interviews which will indicate how things are going with Matt and Chelsie.
Agreed. It was some of the worst acting I've ever seen by a F2 (Abbie) for this show. jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:41 pm

I’ve just watched and I thought I could feel the deep love (and compatibility) between Matt and Chelsie, but then after seeing Matt with Abbie, I just don’t know. He seems very smitten. Maybe something happens in tonight’s episode that makes him question his relationship with Abbie. Maybe he does choose Chelsie because of a better fit but then, as rumoured, does a switch and ends up with Abbie. I do think most leads are somewhat conflicted towards the end so Who knows.

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeegaZigHah Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:48 am

Bobette wrote:...
I'm not saying I think Chelsie and Matt aren't a good match - IMO they are - but the love story if it happens will come post-show IMO.  For me the "romance" side of this show is always secondary - it's the sleuthing and detective work and puzzle solving that I enjoy most, and seeing how TPTB are able to craft characters and storylines that the majority of viewers take at face value.  ...

:yes:
Though I really believe Matt has real feelings for Chelsea, and may value her more based on how the show edited how much effort he appeared to give on their FD and how enthusiastic and how much lead he was taking with her, it's still the post-show life that will determine if he's been genuinely pursuing and staying loyal to his intentions with her - is she indeed is the F1.

It's quite too unrealistic for any Bachelor or contestant to say they have deeply fallen in the competition context of the show within limited times they are allowed to spend with each other. They can only either get caught up in the pageantry and expectations of it OR just for the lust of it. #realtalk

Yep, sleutheing viewers here, Abbie could not be faking the lust part at all. She's too comfortable being it and is pretty happy on SM with her edit so far.

As for Matt's "Astophysicist" career, let's see what kind of TV appearances he'll have and if that will really serve the public's education on popular science, otherwise he would just go on stretching his Bachelor 15 minutes of fame as far as the next Bachelor season. 2pop

Last edited by ZeegaZigHah on Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:57 am; edited 2 times in total

ZeegaZigHah

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:51 am

Episode 15, Part A

We open with a flashback of Helena's HTD tantie and it's just as well I'm not playing a drinking game where I take a swig every time she says the phrase "I can't" because she says 7 I can'ts in the space of 30 seconds and by this point I'd already be too wasted to see the keyboard.

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Episodes #2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 55 O6bfu8m

Source: Tenplay

Matt and Chelsie meet at the beach.  Matt is wearing an Inspector Gadget cosplay jacket which makes him look like a spy and I think Chelsie probably says something similar because the next minute he's shaking her hand and saying.  "Agnew.  Matt Agnew" and she replies "Chelsea McLeod".

Matt says "MCLEOD?!  That's a wicked last name.  Better than Agnew.  I'm taking your last name."  I like this bit because he seems excited to find out something "real" about Chelsie.  He's giggling and blushing and shuffling around looking at his feet like a schoolboy with a crush.  It's pretty cute.

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Episodes #2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 55 KMLDq32

After an extremely un-subtle advertising segment for Porsche (311 Km/hr top speed in case anyone missed it Rolling Eyes ) we arrive at the beach and they start practicing the Dirty Dancing lift which seems to feature every season in some form.  The best bit is when they don't realise they're being filmed.

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Episodes #2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 55 MGJQGOg

The seaplane ride is uneventful but it has a cruising altitude of 2000 feet which we are told is significant. We come to the evening portion in which Matt has composed the equation for Chelsie to solve which will open a safe.  This is a fun idea - kudos to whichever producer thought it up.  Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Episodes #2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 55 2498057887

It's the cruising altitude of the plane divided by the top speed of the Porsche.  The next bit is the distance they fell down the building, in feet (METRIC PLEASE - WE LIVE IN AUSTRALIA).  The next part is the bake time in seconds of the banana bread divided by the temperature in Kelvin.

They cut out the bit of her actually doing the math  Suspect but I'm going to suspend my cynicism for a moment to enjoy the fact that she successfully opens the safe and out pops a lovely gold necklace engraved with the chemical formula for oxytocin.  I do enjoy a nice neat circular storyline.

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Episodes #2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 55 DIe1v5j

Chelsie says she really hopes it's them at the end.  Matt tells her she ticks all his boxes and as others have said upthread he pretty much hints to her as much as he's allowed that she'll be the winner.  I'm surprised he didn't try to blink out some kind of secret message to her in morse code.

I feel like Matt was probably told by producers to try to get Chelsie to say the magic "I'm falling in love with you" line and she's obviously reluctant IMO but eventually she gives it up and at least she uses the phrase "falling" and not "in love".  They touch foreheads and it's all very sweet.

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Episodes #2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 55 UrCsKv8

After this we exit the Cerebral Chelsie Region and head south, to the Abbie Zone.  We join her as she is strolling around the waterfront trying to remember where she left her pants.  She says she would be shocked not to make the finale.

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Episodes #2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 55 YnGviQC

Matt is on his way to meet her and talking about their sexual connection.  They cut to a shot of him from below and angle the camera so it looks like there is a p*nis-shaped cloud sticking out his head and I really, really hope this is deliberate. laugh out loud

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Episodes #2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 55 QTggA31

Matt talks about the SpaceX reusable Falcon Heavy rockets.  Abbie says "I was prepared to fake excitement but that is quite exciting".  Matt says he's been trying to convince people for years that science is sexy and he finally met a girl who believes him.  

The arrive at a private beach and having seen the screenshots we all know what's coming.  Matt makes the most of his pre-show stage kissing research while Abbie leaves no doubt about why she was cast.  He's definitely not hating it though, IMO.

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Episodes #2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 55 LExx4gp

After a few solid minutes of From Here to Eternity style frolicking in the shallows, up rocks the super yacht and once aboard they immediately check out the bed cabin - just in case any viewers have missed the fact that Abbie is The Sexy One.  

During the evening portion, Abbie does most of the talking.  She tells Matt she loves him and I don't believe it for a minute but at least we've reached the stage where the F2 is ripe and ready for dumping.  They kiss and bit more and then it's end scene.

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Episodes #2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 55 NhCEL1L

Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Michdealm Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:56 am

Does anyone have any idea of how they all fly to South Africa. Given that it is a 14 hour flight would they all go on the same plane and return together?? Would they keep Matt away from the girls.

Michdealm

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeegaZigHah Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:04 am

Michdealm wrote:Does anyone have any idea of how they all fly to South Africa. Given that it is a 14 hour flight would they all go on the same plane and return together?? Would they keep Matt away from the girls.

I can only guess they booked the lead on a separate flight. Otherwise, it would seem like it's a bargain trip with Matt saying "Hi, everyone, see you individually on our final dates!" laugh out loud .

ZeegaZigHah

Back to top Go down

Post by stoneleigh Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:09 am

ZeegaZigHah wrote:
Michdealm wrote:Does anyone have any idea of how they all fly to South Africa. Given that it is a 14 hour flight would they all go on the same plane and return together?? Would they keep Matt away from the girls.

I can only guess they booked the lead on a separate flight. Otherwise, it would seem like it's a bargain trip with Matt saying "Hi, everyone, see you individually on our final dates!" laugh out loud .

Once they leave the mansion and the bach pad, each of the three have their own separate entourage with the necessary support/film people and handlers. Chelsie and Abbie fully separate at this time and everyone is booked in separate travel arrangements.

stoneleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:19 am

@Bobette after the season is over, I will miss your comments so much!

Maybe you can join us on the other side of the pretty vanilla US bachelor and his harem of 23- years-old beauty pageants, a la pilot Peter?

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:26 am

sdmom wrote:@Bobette after the season is over, I will miss your comments so much!

Maybe you can join us on the other side of the pretty vanilla US bachelor and his harem of 23- years-old beauty pageants, a la pilot Peter?

Haa ha - thanks @sdmom Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Episodes #2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 55 2498057887

I occasionally pop over to the US threads but some folks seem to take the show very seriously and I'd be worried I'd say something sarcastic about someone's favourite and get savaged.   Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Episodes #2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 55 1f62c    Also I can barely tell all those blondes apart.  laugh out loud

Part B coming up after I do a bit of actual work...
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 55 of 72 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 63 ... 72  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Episodes #2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+42
Batmouth
Cari
ZeegaZigHah
Jolena
Just Looking