SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 44 of 76 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 60 ... 76  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 44 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by sprout Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:40 am

Lol at Jamie saying that Carlin has been “peacocking and strutting around” and that he’s the “2020 bachelor” - sounds totally scripted to me. JMO.
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 44 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:52 am

Storybook wrote:Personally I have a different take on the  Carlin drama. From what I know of the general public opinion of Jamie, he is seen as a stage 6 clinger and untrustworthy. IMO TPTB have set Jamie up as being vindictive and Carlin as the innocent person who will get viewer sympathy. Getting ready to prepare the viewer for his being F1.

Re: The bold, I don't think Jamie been portrayed as vindictive so much as clueless/competitive/obsessive, but I agree he's not winning any popularity contests so the audience may well side with Carlin.  

I don't doubt though that Carlin would have made comments about wanting/expecting to be Bach 2020 IMO - that's the exact impression I've had of him since he was first sleuthed way back at the start.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:56 pm

I have a theory about Carlin, which could be completely wrong and that's fine by me.
Maybe TPTB thought Timm would be F1 as he is Angie's "type". And as far as been sleuthed Timm is F2, so Angie didn't choose him.
Carlin may have been brought into the show under the premise of being the next Bachelor (knowing Angie wouldn't pick him). Maybe Carlin had no intention of falling for Angie but he did and the script had to be changed. All just my theory of course.
I am looking forward to the next episode to see how the whole drama pans out.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by sprout Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:00 pm

Storybook wrote:I have a theory about Carlin, which could be completely wrong and that's fine by me.
Maybe TPTB thought Timm would be F1 as he is Angie's "type". And as far as been sleuthed Timm is F2, so Angie didn't choose him.
Carlin may have been brought into the show under the premise of being the next Bachelor (knowing Angie wouldn't pick him). Maybe Carlin had no intention of falling for Angie but he did and the script had to be changed. All just my theory of course.

Going against her usual type will be the same outcome as the last bachelor Australia season.
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:53 pm

Storybook wrote:I have a theory about Carlin, which could be completely wrong and that's fine by me.
Carlin may have been brought into the show under the premise of being the next Bachelor (knowing Angie wouldn't pick him).
Maybe Carlin had no intention of falling for Angie but he did and the script had to be changed. All just my theory of course.

I completely agree with the bold @Storybook - IMO Timm, Ciarran and Ryan were Angie's potential F1s and yes I think they had Carlin in mind for Bach 2020 depending on how he was received by the audience.  It wouldn't surprise me if the Lead role had been hinted by TPTB and that's why Carlin made the comments in the house which we will hear relayed by Jamie.

As for Carlin falling for her, that I am yet to be convinced of.  He literally said in VO at the ep 5 RC, "the connection is fading".  As I said previously I think it was more a case that Ciarran left, her cyber crush on Ryan didn't translate into real life, and Timm was perhaps a bit too full on (to quote her Dad, "he'd drive you mad after a while").  So Carlin got the role and they filmed new/different talking heads to try to change the narrative and make sense of the ending - but it's just coming across as disjointed IMO.

IMO Angie would have pulled a Honey Badger had she been allowed but I don't think that will be an option for any future Leads after Nick's backlash.  I'd expect them to stay together post-show for long enough for Angie to promote her book and Carlin to get a few more sponsorship deals, then split, probably blaming distance, since Angie just moved away from NSW.

Last edited by Bobette on Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent99 Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:06 pm

So many guys ahead of Carlin laugh out loud.

Agent99

Back to top Go down

Post by Loulou Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:06 pm

I think the “the connection is fading” is cut and spliced. He could have been talking about someone else’s connection - who knows?

Loulou

Female Posts : 966

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:07 pm

It doesn't worry me either way if Angie is still with Carlin or not. They do have show business in common so that's one thing.
As for Carlin being a default F1 I don't for a minute believe that. I believe Angie fell for Carlin from the start. IMO she went through the motions with the other guys.
TPTB have to create obstacles for the F1 to overcome, that is the nature of this show, and for me it has become boring and predictable. Carlin has to appear to have doubts about his feelings, he would't be F1 without them IMO.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:11 pm

Loulou wrote:I think the “the connection is fading” is cut and spliced.  He could have been talking about someone else’s connection - who knows?

He said it's been so long since their date, he doesn't know what she's thinking about him or where he stands, and the connection is fading - exactly what every other First Date is scripted to say at this time of the season, then they're usually gone 2-3 eps later.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:26 pm

It’s a really good theory @Storybook TPTB would have asked Angie what she wanted, she would have trotted out the usual “quirky, funny, dogs” gear, so they cast accordingly, with possibly Carlin, Jackson and Glenn cast as potential next Bach.
Then Angie falls for Carlin, because like all leads she chose the one she is the most hot for.
TBH I’m not really that engaged in this season, maybe as mentioned above it’s become very predictable to me, or because the editing has again been rubbish, there are only about 5 guys that even speak to the camera, one of them is Ryan, who is a charisma free zone, and the another is Jamie, who should never have been cast, he’s meant to be the villain, but he really seems to be an easily manipulated emotional basket case. JMO
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:55 pm

@Dirty Street Pie I love your descriptions of Ryan and Jamie, they echo my thoughts exactly!
And I agree about Angie being "hot" for Carlin 😊 IMO her hormones went into overtime when he walked up the red carpet. She was a 'goner' and TPTB went into crisis mode and manufactured drama with Jamie, my opinion of course.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:03 pm

Dirty Street Pie wrote:It’s a really good theory @Storybook TPTB would have asked Angie what she wanted, she would have trotted out the usual “quirky, funny, dogs” gear, so they cast accordingly, with possibly Carlin, Jackson and Glenn cast as potential next Bach.
Then Angie falls for Carlin, because like all leads she chose the one she is the most hot for.
TBH I’m not really that engaged in this season, maybe as mentioned above it’s become very predictable to me, or because the editing has again been rubbish, there are only about 5 guys that even speak to the camera, one of them is Ryan, who is a charisma free zone, and the another is Jamie, who should never have been cast, he’s meant to be the villain, but he really seems to be an easily manipulated emotional basket case. JMO

My favorite comment here in bold Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 44 2498057887 That’s why this show can be predictable if one follows the typical patterns IMO of how the lead acts; and you hit the nail on the head with that comment. I am always amazed some of the show relationships have ended up in marriage and IMO proves that the true act of actually falling in love with the person starts after the show is over which is why for me, ok if folks break up; just means to me it wasn’t meant to be and they are not each other’s person after giving it a crack or not in some cases laugh out loud

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 44 of 76 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 60 ... 76  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+37
Ule.m
Fermont girl
Loulou
Fan4life
jenski_tas
BadDayBadDayBOOMGoodDay
Storybook
Jolena
Just Looking
Norcalgal
Sprite