SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers *

Page 18 of 59 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 38 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 18 Empty Re: Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers *

Post by Idlemess Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:37 am

Off topic here, but I need to say that it’s a financial crime that the US educational system places students and their parents in debt. I’m currently helping my son through university. All my honest to God opinion.

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 18 Empty Re: Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers *

Post by Genevieve Australia Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:05 am

GuardianAngel wrote:@Genevieve Australia thanks for the info.

Admitting, I had to google locum. So even though she took time off, she has been working in her field but in different locations?

I am happy to help, Guardian Angel . I don't watch the NZ franchise but if for some reason any of the member of the forum following the NZ version need some translations with whatever she is saying I may be of help Smiley Just tag me in a post Smiley

'You are always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.' - Diane Von Furstenberg Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 18 1176891977
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:15 am

leavers wrote:Yep, you have to be earning a certain amount but it's only about ~40kish since the current government lowered the threshold from over 50. Even doctors straight out of uni are earning more than 40k, so you're paying it back immediately.

In America you have to be from a wealthy family or be smart enough to get scholarships. And I know Americans who have gotten part-scholarships becauase of their results for law school and they still had big loans to repay and they were very intelligent, driven people. So you can't really count on the scholarship for a full ride unless you're incredibly brilliant.

True, in Australia the threshold has increased, it is now 45,881, but if you earn 45,881 to 52,973 you only have to pay 1% , which is still incredibly low, paying that wouldn't put anyone in hardship if they manage their money wisely.

Here are the percentage that get discounted according to a person's earnings, in 2019-2020, in case some of you want to know more about it:
https://www.hrblock.com.au/tax-tips/understanding-hecs-help

'You are always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.' - Diane Von Furstenberg Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 18 1176891977
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:55 pm

While it is fascinating to discuss what education costs in our respective countries, let's get this topic back to the Bachelorette NZ.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan44 Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:23 am

Contestants up!! Woop Woop!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7MPMIol0mZ/

Jordan44

Female Posts : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:42 am

How did this escape my attention for 10 whole hours.  laugh out loud

@AllAboutLove may we please have contestant threads?

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 18 12bBJBQ

In order:

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 18 EeqryFh

Originally from Tauranga, but now living in Hamilton our “foodie” Aaron is hoping that our Bachelorette could be the love of his life!

He’s hoping he’ll make it to hometown visits, so he can show our leading lady the perfect date – a walk on the beach, followed by a nice little lunch and then watch the sun go down. Something nice and simple, just for two (and the film crew).

Alongside finding ‘the one’, Aaron is also hoping he’s able to learn more about himself so he can be better in relationships in the future.

Will Aaron get a chance to take a stroll around The Mount with our leading lady?

Why did you apply for The Bachelorette New Zealand?

I was getting tagged in the memes all the time, getting told I should apply – so it was probably a bit of peer pressure. But then I thought it would be a cool opportunity as well.

Have you watched much of the franchise before?

I have. I’m a bit of a romantic, so it’s always cool to watch other people do that. Always in it for love.

Tell us about your dating history:

I’ve got two ex-girlfriends, and one girl that was on the scene a shorter time, but she impacted me pretty well. My longest relationship is just over a year and I’ve been single for about a year now. I’m sick of the dating scene at this point.

Who’s your celebrity crush?

Kate Hudson.

Fun fact:

I worked in America for three years on a summer camp. I was in North Carolina. I would go over every summer, so I didn’t have a winter for four and a half years.

Source

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 18 B77M540

Wanaka based contender Elliott is hoping our Bachelorette is a fan of his party trick – magic! Oh, and doesn’t mind a bald head!

Always up for an adventure and to not take life too seriously, he’s ready to take on his latest adventure – heading into the mansion with an open mind and open heart!

Elliott’s hoping to walk away with the most amazing girl he’s ever met!

But with a love for a good time (and a bit of a party), is Elliott ready to settle down and get serious?

At first it was people pressuring me to do it, and the more I thought about it I realised this girl is probably going to be really amazing and I’d really like to meet her.

Have you watched much of the franchise?

No, my first time seeing any of The Bachelorette was yesterday and I’m pretty disappointed to find out there’s no immunity challenges.

What will your friends and family say when they find out you’re on the show?

My friends and family are going to love this, guaranteed. They’ll all be excited, I’d say. I think they’ll be happier I’ve finally done something along these lines, than surprised.

I’ve got a pretty good dating history. I’ve met some really nice girls. My first girlfriend was a long-term one, five years, and that sort of set the bar. Since then, I’ve not met anyone who’s matched up. I’ve been single about eight months this time.

Ariana Grande!

Source

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 18 6oyGBIA

Radio Station ZM put out a call for a Wildcard to enter the mansion and thanks to a public vote Flynn was announced the winner! He’s hoping to do those voters proud and find a girlfriend he can ‘do life with’!

Flynn wanted to take part in a dating experience that was something he'd never do in any other situation, and something that would challenge him and push him out of his comfort zone.

He’s a model by day, but will his blue steel be enough to charm our leading lady?

What will your friends and family say when they find out you are on the show?

They will be really excited. We’ve watched some of these types of shows before, and I think they will enjoy seeing me on the show.

Emily Ratajkowski.

I’ve had one serious girlfriend, and that lasted 10 months. It ended about a year and a half ago. We just grew apart and I was going to go to Europe for four months to train. We are still good friends.

What do you want to get out of this experience?

End goal would be a girlfriend I can do life with – I’m still quite young so finding someone I can go on adventures with after the show would be amazing.

Source

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 18 0aUJSFq

Glenn has a larger than life personality and is excited about the prospect of dating in a different way. Having tried dating the ‘norm’ way, he’s ready to give something different a go – plus, seeing the adverts every day when working out helped encourage him to apply!

He’s looking for a girl to go travelling with – and if they look like his celebrity crush Scarlett Johannsson, bonus!

A personal trainer based in Auckland, Glenn’s hoping to woo Lesina with his confidence and rock–hard abs.

I was single and I’d seen the adverts all over the TVs where I work! I feel like I bring a lot to the table and have a lot to offer the right person.

The concept of The Bachelorette really excites me; the way it works, the rose ceremonies, the guys competing for the girl – it’s quite exciting and interesting.

When I was 19, I had my longest relationship, which lasted three years. When I came out of that, I went through a bit of a depression, but that led me to be the strongest version of myself, through self–development and working on myself. Since then I’ve had two relationships that lasted about six months.

Scarlett Johansson

A life–changing experience, to learn a lot about myself.

Source

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 18 YKvzMFx

Jonathan is serious about finding true love through this experience, he’s ready to settle down with the right woman and hopes our Bachelorette is the one.

His most recent relationship left him heartbroken, but he’s excited to take a fresh step towards true love.

Hopefully, his secret weapon Barry the pug will help him win Lesina’s heart on night one!

I didn’t fully submit my application initially. The reason I did finish it is because I want the chance to find someone I can fall in love with. I do want to find someone I can be with forever. I’m at that point in my life where I want to get married and have a family and I’m hoping to get a chance to find that by doing this.

Jennifer Aniston.

My friends will be very excited, and they will be very happy for me. My family will be very excited. Mum will be a bit sceptical for sure, but my family are really supportive.

Ideally, if it came down to engagement, I am open to the idea of that. I’d be happy to get down on my knee and propose.

Source

Hmmm... here for the right reasons.  Coming off a freshly broken heart.  Jonathan could be one to watch IMO.   :detective

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 18 GwF407f

Kurt is looking for someone special he can take along to all the Warriors games this year! A huge fan of the Warriors (with impressive memorabilia collection), he’s hoping he can find someone that can share in his passion.

Having never watched The Bachelorette franchise series before, Kurt is going head first into the unknown – but he’s excited for the journey and hopes he’ll be able to find a connection at the end!

When he’s stressed or wants to relax, Kurt takes to the kitchen to do some baking – so let’s hope our Bachelorette has a sweet tooth!

Someone submitted an application on my behalf initially, so it came as a bit of a shock when I got the phone call asking if I wanted to complete it!

In 2018, I stepped in the ring and had some boxing fights – and I wanted a challenge for 2019, and this was the perfect opportunity to get out of my comfort zone.

My mum will probably be a bit excited and joyful, she’ll be like, ‘finally’! My father would have a typical dad response – he’ll probably just roll his eyes. My friends will be all for it, they want me to be happy and find someone to settle down with. They know I’m a hopeless romantic, so will look forward to seeing me on the show.

My longest relationship was six or seven years long, that did not end on good terms. My most recent was about two months and I was left heartbroken, a little bit devastated. That finished about 18 months ago and I’ve been single since.

I probably haven’t thought too much about it!

The ideal outcome would be to find someone to spend the rest of my life with and create memories with. If that’s not the case, to be out of my comfort zone.

Source

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 18 3rFYCHA

Luscious–locked Liam thinks he’s hotter than a Hemsworth, but this hasn’t helped him find lasting love!

Don’t let the Aussie accent fool you, Liam was born in Hawke’s Bay, but has spent most of his time living across the ditch. He’s now returned to home soil in the hopes of finding love!

He says he puts a lot of pressure on relationships and strives to have his partners live life to the fullest. He’s hoping the Bachelorette will be a beach babe, and that he’ll be leaving this experience with her on his arm.

It’s just something different, I’m a bit of an unconventional guy so putting myself out there for love is a little unconventional – so it sums me up pretty well.

What will your friends and family say when they find out you’re on the show?

They will freak out, they will go crazy. They probably won’t be surprised though!

Hailey Bieber.

What’s your dream date?

Somewhere along the beach, a nice temperature, nice day, secluded, maybe a bottle of wine on the sand with a bit of a picnic and some light music.

Fun fact:

My friends and me hold gratitude circles, where we tell each other what we are grateful for.

Source

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 18 EwTkm7h

This karaoke lovin’ Virgo is excited at the potential of finding his love!

A romantic at heart, Steve is hoping that the stars align, after all – he quit his job to join the eligible bachelors in the hopes of wooing the Bachelorette!

Steve’s looking for love, trust, kindness and humour in a partner, with trust being the most important – without trust you can’t have anything.

Will Steve get the connection he’s dreamed of with our Bachelorette, or will cupid’s arrow misfire?

The first priority was finding love and a connection with someone. I’ve been on a few dates here and there and haven’t had much luck. So being on The Bachelorette and putting myself out there might give me some luck.

Jennifer Lawrence. She’s pretty down to earth and seems like a lot of fun – she can make fun of herself, doesn’t take herself too seriously. I think she’d be pretty cool.

I’ve had two long-term relationships – nine years and seven years – and I’ve been single for nearly two years now, with a couple of dates in between. I’ve been a long-term relationship guy with no marriage and no kids.

My main priority is a wife. Or a connection with the Bachelorette – that’s what we are all here for and if you’re not, then I don’t know what you’re doing. I just want her to be happy. It’s her choice, she’ll decide about her connection with any of us. At the end of it, she’ll make the right choice – I just hope it’s me!

Source

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 18 VCDbnqK

Loveable larrikin Terence may be ‘technically’ homeless at the moment, but he doesn’t think that’ll hinder his chances with our Bachelorette!

He’s such a fan of the saying ‘work hard, play hard’ he’s got a tattoo saying it – on his bum!

He’s been travelling around the world for the last few years and is ready for a partner to join him on his adventures. He’s hoping his carefree attitude and sense of humour will take him far on this journey.

Hopefully, our leading lady loves Nutella and turtles as much as Terence does.

I was actually stitched up by my sister – she signed me up a few months ago. I think I’m the kind of person who would do alright on a show like this, I’m pretty outgoing and I’m not afraid of embarrassing myself. I think my sister wanted to make the most of that!

They’ll definitely laugh, I think what they say will depend on how I go on the show!

It’s a pretty brief dating history, I’ve had one girlfriend for about five months and a couple of little flings, but not a strong history of relationships! Probably because I’m in a different city every couple of months.

What qualities do you look for in a partner?

Adventure. Someone really outgoing and confident – happy to embarrass herself or me while she’s at it! Someone who doesn’t take life too seriously.

Source

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 18 GPoxSHY

Source

One's homeless, one's a magician, one's 'hotter than a Hemsworth': Meet the first nine Bachelorette suitors

The first nine of the Bachelorette's suitors answer some important questions.

The first nine of the 22 suitors who will vye for the affections of TVNZ's Bachelorette Lesina Nakhid-Schuster have been revealed, and they offer a mixed bag of traits with which to woo the 32-year-old surgeon.

There are the party boys, the quirky guys, and the hopeless romantics.

There are a few here we can probably rule out as good matches for  our Bachelorette.

25-year-old Terence, for example, sports some excellent Jeff Spicoli-style hair and has a tattoo reading "work hard, play hard" on his bum, which may or may not be your thing, but he's also "technically homeless." Correct me if I'm wrong, but that probably isn't the right line to pull out for a 30+ professional woman.

And Flynn - who comes onto the show by way of winning ZM's Wildcard contest - is super cute, but also a 20-year-old student.

Among the more likely matches, Elliott is looking for "the most amazing girl he's ever met!" - no pressure - and is an amateur magician, if that floats the Bachelorette's boat.

Or is she more of a league fan? That'll make all the difference where Kurt getting a rose is concerned; he has an "impressive collection" of Warriors memorabilia.

There's a lot of confidence on display here. Glenn has "rock-hard abs", Liam  "thinks he's hotter than a Hemsworth" (spoiler: he's not) and Steve  who's a 35-year-old karaoke lover, quit his job to be on The Bachelorette.

Then you've got your out-and-out romantics. Jonathan was "heartbroken" by his last relationship and just wants "to settle down with the right woman." And Aaron is "in it for love" and actually, without any apparent irony, describes his ideal date as "a walk on the beach, followed by a nice little lunch and then watch the sun go down."

So who will Lesina choose? Aaron the foodie? Flynn the model? Will she go travelling with Glenn, or will she want to join Liam and his friends in a gratitude circle?

You'll have to tune in to TVNZ 2 on Monday, January 27, at 7.30pm to find out.

The first nine Bachelorette suitors are:

Aaron McNabb, 27, a food technology teacher from Hamilton
Eliott Gilchrist, 32, a painting company owner from Wanaka
Flynn Palmer, 20, a student and model from Auckland
Glenn Richards, 28, a personal trainer from Auckland
Jonathan Wedge, 26, a designer from Auckland
Kurt Johnston, 30, a business development manager from Auckland
Liam Cochrane, 28, a product development manager from Perth
Steve Masters, 35, an account manager from Auckland
Terence O'Brien, 25, a builder from Waipu

Source

Premiere date: January 27 cheerleader

ETA:  Found Jonathan's IG: https://www.instagram.com/jonofunn/ Worlds are colliding here - I love VLDL!  laugh out loud

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 18 CaxOkwy

Source

Also this is interesting...  Lesina has liked most of the guys' posts about being on the show but with Jonathan's she was the very first like (they are in chronological order on desktop).  

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 18 4AQ1beW

Source

Oh yeah and his last post for 2019 seemed chipper.  Hmmmm.....

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers * - Page 18 DLhkP2H

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:13 pm

Thanks @Bobette. Interesting. Nobody that really floats my boat, but maybe someone did hers and how fab if you nailed it so quick with Jonathan.

Bring on the next batch!!!

Do we know when this is starting to air? They usually release the cast shortly before the show starts in the US. Is it similar for NZ?

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:31 pm

I saw the photos and read their profile rapidly; thus far I like Aaron, but probably because it is the first photo I saw and he has a reasonably attractive face. This could be the first time I watch the NZ Bachelorette.

Last edited by Genevieve Australia on Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:05 pm

Out of the first 9 suitors, 2 are her age or older. Women can date any demographic they want IMO however the reality is that most prefer partners their age or older so I’m hoping for a 50/50 mix.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:50 pm

Like @Sprite I’m not super into any of them. Jonathan sure says all the right things, and that may help him along if he’s genuine, which he looks like, and possibly naive enough to get on board with production.
Now I want to get my hands on Lésina’s birthday...I’ll have to check her insta.
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:18 pm

Is Lesina an indigenous New Zealander?

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:05 pm

@Idlemess Lesina was born in the US while her parents were travelling and is of mixed heritage.  Dad is Samoan/German and Mum is Trinidad & Tobago/Lebanese.

It's a win for diversity with Lesina being of Pacific Islands, Caribbean, Lebanese and German heritage.

Lesina's father George is Samoan/German and although retired now, was a teacher at Mt Albert Grammar for over 20 years.  Her Mother Dr Camille Nahkid is Trinidad & Tobago/Lebanese and is an Associate Professor at the AUT School of Social Sciences and Public Policy. She has done extensive research into Māori and Pasifika educational achievement; family and community among Pasifika youth; factors impacting on migrant resettlement; and culturally relevant research methodologies. In 2018 she was awarded a Member of New Zealand Order of Merit for services to ethnic communities and education.  

Lesina is the eldest of her 2 siblings - her brother Alesano works with refugees, interviewing and helping them with entry into New Zealand & her sister Shani has recently graduated from Columbia University with a Masters in Sociology and Education.

Source

Jonathan stands out to me because his bio reads like a classic all-in, open-hearted F2, while his IG post and that Like from Lesina hint at a possible F1 finish IMO.  Suspect   

He's also done a bit of acting so they share that but I'm not sure he fits the "driven" part of Lesina's wishlist so I'll also be interested to see who's in the next batch.   :yes:

Genevieve Australia wrote:This could be the first time I watch the NZ Bachelorette.

Fist for all of us @Genevieve Australia - NZ has never had a season of Bachelorette before.  yes
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 59 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 38 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette New Zealand - Season 1 - Dr Lesina Nakhid-Schuster - Lily McManus - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers *

+27
greentoolcat
Kels0012
jen689
just me
Karina
sdmom
quick_dry
Andie H
Katiebelle
atem
notarose