SELECT CONTENT

Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Page 21 of 38 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 21 Empty Re: Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Post by Bobette Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:28 am

Vjeff wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7694373/Was-Chelsie-McLeod-blindsided-split-Matt-Agnew.html reading the forum again I see.

They even used the screenshots @Zaynab posted here - the heart is cut off in the exact same spot.  laugh out loud   So lazy, DM.   Rolling Eyes

Zaynab wrote:
Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 21 D152e010
Source

Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 21 GI4gZS7

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 21 Empty Re: Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Post by Vjeff Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:29 am

Jolena wrote:
Vjeff wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7694373/Was-Chelsie-McLeod-blindsided-split-Matt-Agnew.html reading the forum again I see.

Oh boy the tabloids don't miss a trick. That was quick speechless

They almost definitely got it from here IMO. There were other comments from Rachael on there and they chose the two screenshots on the same page here.

Edited: haha @Bobette just saw your post, nice pickup LOL. We should get commission.

Last edited by Vjeff on Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykills Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:55 am

Can anyone help me refresh my memory? Why did Monique called Matt a dog c*nt?

Curiositykills

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:47 am

makeover wrote:I was hopeful they would last because so many seemed to have faith in them as a couple but personally I did not see much chemistry between them during the season. Matt always goes on about how intellectual she is and that's what he likes about her and that was pretty much it. Chelsie also did that annoying school girl giggle whenever she is around him, which is kinda odd at their age. But so many believed in their perfect match so I thought maybe I was wrong.

I never thought of Chelsie as an intellectual and I did not find her brighter that any of the people I know, just normal but I am surrounded by truly bright people. I may come across as great snob (and I probably am) but  a chemical engineer is not typically an intellectual, in fact a person holding PhD is most of the time not an intellectual.  As I have already mentioned in another post, to have a PhD all that is required is passion for a specific area of research and hard work, nothing else; besides, Chelsie doesn't have a PhD.  Chelsie is not an academic because she doesn't work at an academic institution fulfilling academic roles. Chelsie has a bachelor degree in a field dominated by men, good, but 95% of people I know have at least one bachelor degree so a degree doesn't make anyone special! What matters is that Chelise seems to love what she does and that is great, she is happy! Chelsie seems like a really kind person yet the show exploited her degree and forgot to show us more about the person she is behind her degree.

The fact is that unlike what the show attempted to show, the academic world is filled with good looking, smart, successful  and outgoing people; we academics know how to have fun and travel extensively around the world. The academic arena is not really like The Big Bang Theory. I am therefore sure that Matt has meet many girls who are as smart as Chelsie and as cute or even better looking than Chelsie (I find Chelsie cute, not beautiful), so I didn't buy his comment about Chelsea being the 'hottest scientist' he has met,  just as I didn't buy Chelsie's shock when she realised that Matt was an astrophysicist hence, immediately thought as smart. If she didn't think the Bachelor was going to be smart, what was she doing on the show?

Chelsie had other issues that may have prevented Matt from really falling in love with her but he knew this well and he decided to continue with their relationship.  I did find her little girl giggling annoying but all of us human beings have annoying habits, and he didn't seem to mind her giggling while he was on the show.  Matt knew that they were not going to last, he could have picked someone else if he didn't know if he saw long-term potential with Chelsie yet he picked the person who seems to have been hurt the most.
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:55 am

Genevieve Australia wrote:
makeover wrote:I was hopeful they would last because so many seemed to have faith in them as a couple but personally I did not see much chemistry between them during the season. Matt always goes on about how intellectual she is and that's what he likes about her and that was pretty much it. Chelsie also did that annoying school girl giggle whenever she is around him, which is kinda odd at their age. But so many believed in their perfect match so I thought maybe I was wrong.

Chelsie has a bachelor degree in a field dominated by men, good, but 95% of people I know have at least one bachelor degree so a degree doesn't make anyone special!

Chelsie does have a Masters degree.

Chelsie isn't an academic or an "intellectual", but she is educated, intelligent and very career-driven, in a way that most contestants on this show are not. Most contestants on this show want to become Instagram influencers. Chelsie has no interest in that. That was enough for tptb to make her tv persona what it was.
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykills Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:31 am

leavers wrote:

Chelsie has a bachelor degree in a field dominated by men, good, but 95% of people I know have at least one bachelor degree so a degree doesn't make anyone special!

Chelsie isn't an academic or an "intellectual", but she is educated, intelligent and very career-driven, in a way that most contestants on this show are not. Most contestants on this show want to become Instagram influencers.  Chelsie has no interest in that.  That was enough for tptb to make her tv persona what it was.

And the fact that she graduated earlier than what was supposed to be a 4-5 year degree. For me, that meant she’s smart. I think it’s unfair to downplay her achievements just because shes not in academe.

Curiositykills

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:47 am

leavers wrote:

Chelsie isn't an academic or an "intellectual", but she is educated, intelligent and very career-driven, in a way that most contestants on this show are not. Most contestants on this show want to become Instagram influencers.  Chelsie has no interest in that.  That was enough for tptb to make her tv persona what it was.

First, I never said that she isn't smart, and okay, she has a Master, almost anyone can do a master these days, I don't care either way because I am not elitist, I came from a rather elitist family so I love them but I don't want to encourage elitism, I want to be different. Since I was born in Europe my way of thinking may be cultural. I am now Australian but I was always surprised at how fervently Australians refer to people who have degrees or masters. In Europe that is the rule, it is not the exception and no one cares or idealise people because of it. Anyway, I agree that Helena and Chelsie stood up but we didn't really get to see much of the others. Cassandra for example is an intelligent business woman and very successful. My point is that I believe the producers focused too much on Matt and Chelsea's degrees and that is why the season was boring and the break up is the result. I wanted to see who they were and I was so bored whenever Matt and Chelsie's romantic conversations focused on their so called 'nerdiness' and academic accomplishments! I mean, besides their passion for sciences (which I too have), what else did they have in common? We didn't see that! I hope it is clearer now. My criticism is not of Chelsie but I criticise this season's edit.

Anyway, I won't make more comments here. I think it is time for me to move away from this section of the forum.
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:06 am

Helena got an ATAR of 95.4 so probably the smartest of the lot and all she does is shill products and give questionable diet advice on SM. laugh out loud  Chelsie got the nerd edit because TPTB needed a contrast between the F1 and F2; that's just how the show works IMO.

BTW @Vjeff I love your new avatar yes
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:23 am

Bobette wrote:Helena got an ATAR of 95.4 so probably the smartest of the lot and all she does is shill products and give questionable diet advice on SM. Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 21 3806527698  

She was smart enough to get out at F3 though.   Hugesmile

cantstopl cantstopl cantstopl

You never know, 95.4 is a good ATAR but it is not excellent, for some degrees you need an ATAR of 99, we are a bit more flexible with regional/rural students, in their cases they can have a lower ATAR. Some students who have very high IQ have average ATAR scores and some who are normal have high ATAR scores, it reflects their study habits. Oh, but English is not Helena's first language so that is noteworthy! IMO, Helena came across as the most interesting of all. Helena had some presence there, she is definitely an intelligent person, but yeah, she is probably loving the shilling as well. I think almost all of them love the shilling. I feel sad when I see some of them leave their good jobs for the shilling but I don't judge them. Chelsie hasn't been shilling though. She seems very career-oriented, that is smart, the shilling eventually comes to an end.
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:27 am

Chelsie McLeod put on brave face when she stepped out for coffee in Melbourne on Monday, just 24 hours after announcing her split from Matt Agnew.

Refusing to show signs of her recent heartbreak, the 28-year-old Bachelor winner was all smiles as she visited a coffee shop with a male colleague.

Looking far from downtrodden, the singleton was seen peering at her phone while she walked while warmly smiling every time she looked up from the screen.

Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 21 MbQdi4q

Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 21 NmJzwbm

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:32 am

Bobette wrote:
Chelsie McLeod put on brave face when she stepped out for coffee in Melbourne on Monday, just 24 hours after announcing her split from Matt Agnew.

Refusing to show signs of her recent heartbreak, the 28-year-old Bachelor winner was all smiles as she visited a coffee shop with a male colleague.

Looking far from downtrodden, the singleton was seen peering at her phone while she walked while warmly smiling every time she looked up from the screen.

]
I cannot post the links because I am new but there Chelsie looks not only calm but even joyful, is almost as if she were thinking that 'the charade is over, yes!' Smiley She seems more fun without Matt.

PS: by the way, Chelsie is not as 'quiet' or 'shy' as they portrayed in the show. I have seen her instagram and she seems to love her bum, she has a few photos tagged 'happy new azz'...classy? no way, but that may reveal some of her insecurities and the need to have people's approval. The show was so poorly edited that I feel that Chelsie's personality disappeared and we don't really know her.

Last edited by Genevieve Australia on Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundy Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:53 am

I recently listened to a podcast of Laura’s where she spoke about this forum and that she was reading it as the show aired. It really changed my thinking on things. Splits are always messy. At the moment I don’t think really any of us could 100% say why. I know many of the past and sometimes present bachees read this forum so on the off chance that someone close to either is reading this I wish them well. It’s a shame it didn’t work out.
Sundy
Sundy

Female Posts : 5893

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 38 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

+40
Michdealm
jen689
Agent99
Valancy
appiah01