SELECT CONTENT

Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Page 20 of 38 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 20 Empty Re: Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Post by Bobette Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:11 pm

makeover wrote:I was hopeful they would last because so many seemed to have faith in them as a couple but personally I did not see much chemistry between them during the season. Matt always goes on about how intellectual she is and that's what he likes about her and that was pretty much it. Chelsie also did that annoying school girl giggle whenever she is around him, which is kinda odd at their age. But so many believed in their perfect match so I thought maybe I was wrong.

@makeover Trust your gut!  

That's why I tell it like I see it regardless of popular opinion.  IMO the best part of this forum is the detective work and deconstruction/analysis of the show format and editing tricks, and none of that pointed to a runaway victory for Chelsie IMO.

I also agree re: Helena.  yes
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 20 Empty Re: Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Post by leavers Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:38 pm

When Helena said that her F3 date was very different in reality (he only talked to her when the cameras were on and he completely ignored her  and her family when they stopped rolling) was when I knew for sure that Matt is as much about the show and the image as anyone else in the franchise, and that he could act like a bit of a dick.

One of the many articles I read yesterday said that it's been six months since the finale was filmed (two months since it aired).  I feel like they probably would have known by the time they went public two months ago that it wasn't going to work.  That gave them FOUR MONTHS for Matt to have altered his travel plans if he knew he was going to be desperate to want to stay around for Chelsie or even take him with her. I rewatched their interviews they did post-finale, and while I freely admit I might be reading stuff into what I see, I feel like IMO it's now obvious that Matt was disinterested and just going through the motions and Chelsie was all in, but also a little... confused?  She was clinging to him like a limpet through a lot of it while he's just all about doing the media stuff as business, saying all the right words but there's no feeling behind them IMO.  #justiceforChelsie

Azzurra wrote:

It blows my mind because he chose her over girls. And now she is not enough for him? He threw the towel so early, it sounds fishy! How long it was between filming and now?
But seriously, the press tour was 6 weeks ago and he was in love. So I guess he was putting out a show. Jesus. Poor girl.

I am sending her all my love.

Yes, knowing that Chelsie already has a bit of a complex about feeling like she's 'not enough' because of the past behaviour of chitty exes, this is surely not going to help.

Matt's dismissive "oh well that's life" post was really callous imo.
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:28 pm

Copied this over from the Angie and Carlin thread, because I wanted to discuss something about Matt and Chelsie

rosefun wrote:
leavers wrote:
Bobette wrote:Considering the state of Australia at the moment it would be insensitive to use the phrase "where there's smoke there's fire", so I will instead say that IMO it's no coincidence that these stories confirm/reflect things which were rumoured throughout the season.

And I note none of the weekly mags are running stories about them being loved up. If there was a love story to be told, TPTB would make sure it was front and centre IMO. Make of it all what you will - my mind was made up about these two a long time ago.

Re: the bolded, in fact the smoke has been travelling so far from where the fires are that we've been told many times to not report smoke because there isn't actually a fire (within meaningful distance). Haha. Kinda kills the saying completely.

Vjeff wrote:

Matt and Chelsie didn't have all these articles about them. A few but definitely not to the same extent.

Matt and Chelsie didn't have these stories but it didn't exactly go well for them. There was just nothing to say for them either way because I think there was just literally nothing there.

I think Angie already has a presence so there's inevitably going to be more stories. And there's going to be a strong market for stories that are negative about their relationship because the public support was for Timm, not Carlin.

(I don't think they'll work, but that's because I don't actually think Angie truly wants a relationship with anyone).

yeh damn heart breaking about the fires and good read Bobette with your reference to them. I'm in Perth so it's not affecting us here but of course the concern and sadness for people is massive.

IDK, personally I think its just mags trying to sensationalise and get viewing. Also think that promotion and exposure is forefront for both of them anyway so whether its real love/relationship trouble/already split is secondary imo, as long as their individual brands, booksales etc continue. I'm not meaning to be to harsh on them, jmo that its not a genuine love story and all about fame/exposure/jobs from what I've seen of them and they wouldn't be the first to be using the show for exposure either.

(Also I reckon Matt and Chelsie had worst exposure and were tested more, not sure about the bulk or amount, but the headlines were relentless for awhile 'already broken up, Matt did a Blake', 'Abbie's pregnant' ....

I remember before the finale aired, there was speculation they'd already broken up, and that Chelsie wasn't going to do any media... and that was strongly dismissed as rumours with no base, but... what if? They actually had? And they reunited for post-finale media and to give it another try?

(just speculation/discussion on my behalf)

~Say it one more time~
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:38 pm

@leavers I agree with your speculation and IMO the parallels drawn are spot on.  :yes: It will be 0/2 this year IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykills Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:04 pm

. Anyway, the moment she deleted Matt’s pic on IG was probably the time they were abt to announce it. I think Chelsie posting that pic was actually her way of trying to get his attention but Matt was firm on his decision. I just really, really, feel bad for Chelsie.

Has anyone seen in her new ig post? Paps was following her.

Curiositykills

Back to top Go down

Post by rosefun Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:26 pm

leavers wrote:Copied this over from the Angie and Carlin thread, because I wanted to discuss something about Matt and Chelsie

rosefun wrote:
leavers wrote:
Bobette wrote:Considering the state of Australia at the moment it would be insensitive to use the phrase "where there's smoke there's fire", so I will instead say that IMO it's no coincidence that these stories confirm/reflect things which were rumoured throughout the season.

And I note none of the weekly mags are running stories about them being loved up.  If there was a love story to be told, TPTB would make sure it was front and centre IMO.  Make of it all what you will - my mind was made up about these two a long time ago.

Re: the bolded, in fact the smoke has been travelling so far from where the fires are that we've been told many times to not report smoke because there isn't actually a fire (within meaningful distance).  Haha.  Kinda kills the saying completely.

Vjeff wrote:

Matt and Chelsie didn't have all these articles about them. A few but definitely not to the same extent.

Matt and Chelsie didn't have these stories but it didn't exactly go well for them.  There was just nothing to say for them either way because I think there was just literally nothing there.  

I think Angie already has a presence so there's inevitably going to be more stories.  And there's going to be a strong market for stories that are negative about their relationship because the public support was for Timm, not Carlin.

(I don't think they'll work, but that's because I don't actually think Angie truly wants a relationship with anyone).

yeh damn heart breaking about the fires and good read Bobette with your reference to them. I'm in Perth so it's not affecting us here but of course the concern and sadness for people is massive.

IDK, personally I think its just mags trying to sensationalise and get viewing. Also think that promotion and exposure is forefront for both of them anyway so whether its real love/relationship trouble/already split is secondary imo, as long as their individual brands, booksales etc continue. I'm not meaning to be to harsh on them, jmo that its not a genuine love story and all about fame/exposure/jobs from what I've seen of them and they wouldn't be the first to be using the show for exposure either.

(Also I reckon Matt and Chelsie had worst exposure and were tested more, not sure about the bulk or amount, but the headlines were relentless for awhile 'already broken up, Matt did a Blake', 'Abbie's pregnant' ....

I remember before the finale aired, there was speculation they'd already broken up, and that Chelsie wasn't going to do any media... and that was strongly dismissed as rumours with no base, but... what if? They actually had? And they reunited for post-finale media and to give it another try?

(just speculation/discussion on my behalf)

Yeh I can see where you’re coming from leavers, I'd love to know when they really split too... before the final aired or after.. My hunch is that it was genuinely them trying and they were together during media but there probably problems.

I'm so not surprised that they would have been problems too... I loved what their season represented but always thought they had huge hurdles with the whole Abbie thing, and what I believe was huge toxicity in house with the girls and jealousy and competetion.

To be honest I’m a bit stuck on those screen shots with Rachael’s comments painting it being all Matts fault...
I had so much respect for how Matt and Chelsie handled it and released the 'split news' at the same time. They both expressed the best for each other, that it was no ones fault – just didn’t continue in the real world. Chelsie saying that Matt treated her with respect (“Matt showed me what it was like to be respected in a relationship and I am so thankful for that”) was huge for me considering what Chelsie aired about her past relationships. I also I don't have a problem with Matt's ending comment "it's noones fault, it's just life" and believe that may be a fair way to see it but then woah!!!  Rachael comes into Chelsie's IG comments and shatters it by totally pointing the finger at Matt.

My burning question (and over invested question laugh out loud) is when did Chelsie and Rachael become so tight? Imo it would have been toxic and hard work to be working on a relationship with Matt if Chelsie had stayed tight with girls who had publicly insulted Matt. Maybe she become friends with Rachael after the split.

(Rachael who was part of Monique's "Matts a the dog.... " conversation in episode 5? of 16, Rachael who went on Studio 10 with Nikki the day after they were evicted, episode 9, and called Matt a 'dog', total disrespect, fame hungry and vile on her part imo)
rosefun
rosefun

Back to top Go down

Post by rosefun Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:39 pm

Bobette wrote:
makeover wrote:I was hopeful they would last because so many seemed to have faith in them as a couple but personally I did not see much chemistry between them during the season. Matt always goes on about how intellectual she is and that's what he likes about her and that was pretty much it. Chelsie also did that annoying school girl giggle whenever she is around him, which is kinda odd at their age. But so many believed in their perfect match so I thought maybe I was wrong.

@makeover Trust your gut!  

That's why I tell it like I see it regardless of popular opinion.  IMO the best part of this forum is the detective work and deconstruction/analysis of the show format and editing tricks, and none of that pointed to a runaway victory for Chelsie IMO.

I also agree re: Helena.  yes

yep, I love how you and others contribute Bobette, brilliant sleuthing/analysing/opinions, big thumbs up.

yep I reckon Helena was an early pick too, also reckon we saw her and a few of them shut down with him getting close to Abbie and the 'dog...' comment, which imo sent him closer to Abbie. Abit of a f...up season in some ways.
rosefun
rosefun

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:39 pm

@rosefun IMO Matt and Chelsie would still be under some form of contract with Ch 10  and I believe that statement was carefully crafted by a TPTB publicist rather than Matt himself.  Also the timing is interesting to me because it very conveniently takes some of the heat off of Angie and Carlin, who are also getting a tonne of negativity and split rumours in the press today.

There's usually a flurry of articles from ex-contestants precisely 12 months after their season airs so I think we will have to wait a while to find out exactly what happened from the horses mouth, but I agree with your thoughts re: Rachel and what that implies.  IMO Chelsie wants to say more but can't so Rachel with her characteristic no f***s to give approach is doing it for her.

ETA:  Oh TY for the above Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 20 2498057887
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by rosefun Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:57 pm

Bobette wrote:@rosefun IMO Matt and Chelsie would still be under some form of contract with Ch 10  and I believe that statement was carefully crafted by a TPTB publicist rather than Matt himself.  Also the timing is interesting to me because it very conveniently takes some of the heat off of Angie and Carlin, who are also getting a tonne of negativity and split rumours in the press today.

There's usually a flurry of articles from ex-contestants precisely 12 months after their season airs so I think we will have to wait a while to find out exactly what happened from the horses mouth, but I agree with your thoughts re: Rachel and what that implies.  IMO Chelsie wants to say more but can't so Rachel with her characteristic no f***s to give approach is doing it for her.

ETA:  Oh TY for the above Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 20 2498057887

yep Bobette, totally agree about statements having to be approved or written by ch 10 and contracts etc. Also may be tied into taking heat of Angie and Carlin, but my hunch is thats not the case and it couldnt be put off any longer. I can't see that Chelsie would be made to say “Matt showed me what it was like to be respected in a relationship and I am so thankful for that” in her statement. And her saying that and then either supporting/or not stopping Rachael's comments is just poor poor poor imo and reflects badly on Chelsie for me. Like everyone, I wish only the best for Chelsie, same as I do Matt to be honest, and I hope she puts a stop to the trash.
rosefun
rosefun

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:52 pm

So Matt's pre show love fest about kids and marriage was a whopper? He found Love on the Bachelor and lost it in real life?

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:59 pm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7694373/Was-Chelsie-McLeod-blindsided-split-Matt-Agnew.html reading the forum again I see.
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:25 am

Vjeff wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7694373/Was-Chelsie-McLeod-blindsided-split-Matt-Agnew.html reading the forum again I see.

Oh boy the tabloids don't miss a trick. That was quick speechless
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4296

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 38 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

+40
Michdealm
jen689
Agent99
Valancy
appiah01