Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations! Guests are welcomed, our threads are not locked.

A site for fans of The Bachelor & The Bachelorette who enjoy
sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!

Please read the Rules!

bbspoilerfans@gmail.com

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net/f1-about-our-site-rules-guidelines

Enjoy!

Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Page 30 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Post by potpot712 on Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:31 pm

@leavers wrote:
@Curiositykills wrote:
@potpot712 wrote:So Chelsie put an Insta story asking people to lay  off Matt.  She really is a good soul.   I think he really did feel something for her, it just fizzled out fast.   For Chelsie to say in the insta story   "he didn't do anything wrong".... she sort of knows  it is probably a case of Bachie bubble bursting.    Too bad he didn't make more effort.

And that makes me mad at him more which understandably is petty

It makes me wonder, really, if Matt would have been another Honey Badger.

It's starting to make sense to me why the US show always pulls leads from past seasons. IMO past contestants believe in the process, are used to the process, and are committed to the whole thing. I'm not saying they'll all result in couples that *last*, I just think they're just going to be more genuine than pulling in somebody from the outside who probably wants to use the show as a launchpad.  A former contestant isn't famous outside of Bachelor Nation/whatevertheequivalentAUtermis, and probably never will be.  

If he really didn't  make any strong connection with any of the girls....should *I* blame him for wanting out though?  Maybe *I'm* being too hard on him.    At least he didn't drag this far too long just to save face.   Surely he knew  the backlash he was  going to get from the public  by breaking up too early, yet  he did it anyway.   Maybe he was actually being kind  by not leading her on  for too long.   And maybe he couldn't handle being asked where Chelsie was all the time.  He probably just wanted to get his own identity back  LOL.    As much as I am disappointed they didn't last,  I am glad  I got disappointed now  rather than later.     At least I can look for other things to occupy myself  haha.  

What happened to them  is  a big reminder  slap to *me*  not to invest too much on this reality TV dating shows.

potpot712

Posts : 19
Join date : 2019-11-14

Back to top Go down

Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Post by Genevieve Australia on Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:42 pm

I agree with @potpot712 IMO,  the reports of Matt breaking up with Chelsie because she didn't want to be an influencer have no solid foundations. Taking a look at their profiles suggests IMO that Chelsie is happy to post more often than Matt does and even before the show started Chelsie had more posts than Matt did; some of her captions were even focused on her buttocks (which IMHO is not classy or wise but I won't judge her because of that) and in some other posts she was having lots of fun on festivals and traveling (good on her!). Oh and wasn't Chelsea criticised for revealing too much about their sex life during their radio interview with Kyle and Jackie O? In the past other leads and contestants were not as revealing IMO. Moreover, after the break up Chelsie has also been more active on Instagram. Her reaction to the break up is clear: she was liking posts which hint  that Matt was the one at fault and he is not as sincere as he seems. She also posted a whole set of photos of their romance, why? IMO all that was unnecessary. Accordingly, I do not believe that Chelsea is the overly timid, sweet, innocent girl that the producers portrayed,  she is just a normal girl  and she has to deal with a break up the way she knows. Perhaps Matt realised that although they are both career oriented that is all they shared in common and that even though he liked her a lot he didn't really have romantic feelings towards her, so he waited to break up when he thought it was the most suitable time. I cannot affirm this but IMO it is a possibility.

Furthermore, IMO the one who had the F1 date and the one who he seemed to like from the beginning was Helena but she didn't reciprocate so he moved on. I think even Snezana and Laura had that impression as well. At that point Matt was probably noticing that Helena wasn't that interested; thus his surprise when she was chosen by Snezana and Laura. All this is just my opinion.

Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to summarize all my thoughts in one post.


Last edited by Genevieve Australia on Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:24 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : IMO)


'You are always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.' - Diane Von Furstenberg Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 30 1176891977
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 113
Join date : 2019-11-17
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Post by Genevieve Australia on Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:54 pm

@Bobette wrote:

I agree You nailed it with the bold IMO, @leavers.  

Re: almost not wanting to watch anymore, I noticed a big change to the show when Warner Bros took over and have become far more cynical in recent seasons.  

Genuine love stories have become a rarity IMO but I still enjoy the sleuthing, analysis and discussion, so I just accept the show for what it is - entertainment.

Yes, same here. I don't think they are casting contestants for the lead anymore, but the producers focus on drama. I recollect seeing comments on both Facebook and Instagram saying that besides a couple of girls Matt didn't have much choice; not even when the intruders came the second day. I know other seasons also had villains and drama but IMO the lead had more choices. IMO WB doesn't understand the Australian public. They haven't learnt though and the next season's ratings will show this IMO


'You are always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.' - Diane Von Furstenberg Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 30 1176891977
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 113
Join date : 2019-11-17
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Post by Just Looking on Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:27 pm

@Genevieve Australia Too much drama now and not enough love story. I guess Ill probably still watch

Just Looking

Posts : 1333
Join date : 2016-07-28

Back to top Go down

Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Post by rosefun on Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:39 pm

I, like many I'm sure, have been wondering how these innuendos and "the buzz" were going be addressed.

For me, Matt's season has been about as real and raw as it gets in showing human behaviour within the format of the franchise (particularly group dynamics).

I do believe Matt went on the show to find love, and if it moved his career into the direction he wanted that was a bonus, (same as Sam Wood imo), and I don't see anything wrong with it. He just simply didn't find the "one" and "the love story" that Sam and Snez did. It's sad and it's relatable to me....

https://www.perthnow.com.au/entertainment/tv/triggered-chelsie-mcleods-insta-crack-at-the-bachelor-matt-agnew-ng-b881392313z
rosefun
rosefun

Posts : 46
Join date : 2019-11-16

Back to top Go down

Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Post by rosefun on Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:00 am

@sprout wrote:
@Vjeff wrote:
@appiah01 wrote:Matt seems smart enough to know that choosing Abbie was not a viable option for his image. They literally only had sexual chemistry- she couldn't even understand or feign interest when he nerded out about science. He was also well aware that his friends did not want him to choose her. The man is smart. He googled how to screen kiss before going on the show so choosing the 23 year old who he was hot for wouldn't really fit into the image of nerdy, sweet, sexy science guy. The only viable options were Helena, who was not into him, and Chelsie. I don't believe Matt was looking for a life partner but I think he liked Chelsie. Not loved but liked well enough and would try to date her for a bit to see what happened. My guess is as soon as he got out of the Bachie bubble, and removed the adrenaline inducing dates, all affection faded and he realized he wouldn't even be able to capitalize on opportunities that come from the exposure of the Bachelor so he broke up with her because he didn't have enough feelings to trump that reality.

Abbie is smart. WALE and yields are boring af yes, but every property analyst I know is still smart. All scientists believe science is the holy grail of intelligence but it just isn't...just because she didn't understand science doesn't make her any less intelligent than them. Matt and Abbie did get alone and God forbid actually had fun together. As we know Matt's friends were very quick to shut down any idea of Matt being allowed to experience any fun or enjoyment in his life, but honestly they should feel guilty for trying to influence him into the choice they thought was right for him rather than what he actually felt.

Matt would’ve chose Abbie if he really wanted to. He’s a big boy and can make his own decisions imo. I don’t think Matt choosing Chelsie over Abbie had anything to do with their breakup. So how did Matt actually feel? That’s right, we don’t know! Saying otherwise is just an assumption imo.
@appiah01 and @Vjeff I just want to say that I love both of your posts and what you bring... I agree and disagree with different parts of what you've said... Yes I remember seeing Abbie fazing out (over the crater in sth africa) but I remember thinking that she still looked loved up. Abbie's BPropEc has been down played for the storyline but it also is real life that sometimes the different disciplines mean there are challenges imo, personally I totally get it Abbie fazing out bc I do it frequently with my man (he does it to me too laugh out loud). I think it happens when people come from different disciplines and have different passions etc but it can still work if the chemistry, morals and a common goals are strong. I reckon Abbie and Matt had a chance for awhile, its anyone's guess how long it would have lasted. But I reckon from what I saw he had the strongest physical (chemistry) and emotional connection with Abbie. He had pressure to pick someone, pressure to go against his type and I buy it that he had strong feelings for Chelsie and he maybe thought he could make it work with Chelsie but it didnt. I just hope it hasnt stopped us having other leads and contestants who to me are from the real world bc those love stories are my favourite.
rosefun
rosefun

Posts : 46
Join date : 2019-11-16

Back to top Go down

Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Post by potpot712 on Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:06 am

@rosefun wrote:I, like many I'm sure, have been wondering how these innuendos and "the buzz" were going be addressed.

For me, Matt's season has been about as real and raw as it gets in showing human behaviour within the format of the franchise (particularly group dynamics).

I do believe Matt went on the show to find love, and if it moved his career into the direction he wanted that was a bonus, (same as Sam Wood imo), and I don't see anything wrong with it. He just simply didn't find the "one" and "the love story" that Sam and Snez did. It's sad and it's relatable to me....

https://www.perthnow.com.au/entertainment/tv/triggered-chelsie-mcleods-insta-crack-at-the-bachelor-matt-agnew-ng-b881392313z

Yes I agree with you completely. Too bad it didn't work out for him

potpot712

Posts : 19
Join date : 2019-11-14

Back to top Go down

Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Post by rosefun on Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:50 am

@potpot712 wrote:
@leavers wrote:
@Curiositykills wrote:
@potpot712 wrote:So Chelsie put an Insta story asking people to lay  off Matt.  She really is a good soul.   I think he really did feel something for her, it just fizzled out fast.   For Chelsie to say in the insta story   "he didn't do anything wrong".... she sort of knows  it is probably a case of Bachie bubble bursting.    Too bad he didn't make more effort.

And that makes me mad at him more which understandably is petty

It makes me wonder, really, if Matt would have been another Honey Badger.

It's starting to make sense to me why the US show always pulls leads from past seasons. IMO past contestants believe in the process, are used to the process, and are committed to the whole thing. I'm not saying they'll all result in couples that *last*, I just think they're just going to be more genuine than pulling in somebody from the outside who probably wants to use the show as a launchpad.  A former contestant isn't famous outside of Bachelor Nation/whatevertheequivalentAUtermis, and probably never will be.  

If he really didn't  make any strong connection with any of the girls....should we blame him for wanting out though?  Maybe we're being too hard on him.    At least he didn't drag this far too long just to save face.   Surely he knew  the backlash he was  going to get from the public  by breaking up too early, yet  he did it anyway.   Maybe he was actually being kind  by not leading her on  for too long.   And maybe he couldn't handle being asked where Chelsie was all the time.  He probably just wanted to get his own identity back  LOL.    As much as I am disappointed they didn't last,  I am glad  I got disappointed now  rather than later.     At least I can look for other things to occupy myself  haha.  

What happened to them  is  a big reminder  slap to all of us  not to invest too much on this reality TV dating shows
.    

funny that I was just about to post that I agree with you totally @potpot712 (see bold) beautifully said, and I see you've agree with my previous post, nice - we're obviously in the same book of life Smiley.

As for 'beautiful souls', IDK, I don't know either of them and I only know what I see them saying and doing and the buzz it creates. We live in a world where social media buzz can make or break people.- people can be careless or deliberate in their intentions. ATM I question Chelsie's actions and words and I'm pleased she's obviously been called out on it...
rosefun
rosefun

Posts : 46
Join date : 2019-11-16

Back to top Go down

Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Post by Vjeff on Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:18 am

@potpot712 wrote:So Chelsie put an Insta story asking people to lay  off Matt.  She really is a good soul.   I think he really did feel something for her, it just fizzled out fast.   For Chelsie to say in the insta story   "he didn't do anything wrong".... she sort of knows  it is probably a case of Bachie bubble bursting.    Too bad he didn't make more effort.

A little bit odd when she has been purposely fueling that fire alot..

@rosefun wrote:
@sprout wrote:
@Vjeff wrote:
@appiah01 wrote:Matt seems smart enough to know that choosing Abbie was not a viable option for his image. They literally only had sexual chemistry- she couldn't even understand or feign interest when he nerded out about science. He was also well aware that his friends did not want him to choose her. The man is smart. He googled how to screen kiss before going on the show so choosing the 23 year old who he was hot for wouldn't really fit into the image of nerdy, sweet, sexy science guy. The only viable options were Helena, who was not into him, and Chelsie. I don't believe Matt was looking for a life partner but I think he liked Chelsie. Not loved but liked well enough and would try to date her for a bit to see what happened. My guess is as soon as he got out of the Bachie bubble, and removed the adrenaline inducing dates, all affection faded and he realized he wouldn't even be able to capitalize on opportunities that come from the exposure of the Bachelor so he broke up with her because he didn't have enough feelings to trump that reality.

Abbie is smart. WALE and yields are boring af yes, but every property analyst I know is still smart. All scientists believe science is the holy grail of intelligence but it just isn't...just because she didn't understand science doesn't make her any less intelligent than them. Matt and Abbie did get alone and God forbid actually had fun together. As we know Matt's friends were very quick to shut down any idea of Matt being allowed to experience any fun or enjoyment in his life, but honestly they should feel guilty for trying to influence him into the choice they thought was right for him rather than what he actually felt.

Matt would’ve chose Abbie if he really wanted to. He’s a big boy and can make his own decisions imo. I don’t think Matt choosing Chelsie over Abbie had anything to do with their breakup. So how did Matt actually feel? That’s right, we don’t know! Saying otherwise is just an assumption imo.
@appiah01 and @Vjeff I just want to say that I love both of your posts and what you bring... I agree and disagree with different parts of what you've said... Yes I remember seeing Abbie fazing out (over the crater in sth africa) but I remember thinking that she still looked loved up. Abbie's BPropEc has been down played for the storyline but it also is real life that sometimes the different disciplines mean there are challenges imo, personally I totally get it Abbie fazing out bc I do it frequently with my man (he does it to me too laugh out loud). I think it happens when people come from different disciplines and have different passions etc but it can still work if the chemistry, morals and a common goals are strong. I reckon Abbie and Matt had a chance for awhile, its anyone's guess how long it would have lasted. But I reckon from what I saw he had the strongest physical (chemistry) and emotional connection with Abbie. He had pressure to pick someone, pressure to go against his type and I buy it that he had strong feelings for Chelsie and he maybe thought he could make it work with Chelsie but it didnt. I just hope it hasnt stopped us having other leads and contestants who to me are from the real world bc those love stories are my favourite.

Thank you Smiley Agree with everything you said here.

Also IMO they have stopped giving the leads contestants that they actually want. The push for diversity and drama has overshadowed the desire to give the lead contestants who match their type.
Vjeff
Vjeff

Posts : 218
Join date : 2018-10-09

Back to top Go down

Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Post by leavers on Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:24 am

@potpot712 wrote:

If he really didn't  make any strong connection with any of the girls....should we blame him for wanting out though?  Maybe we're being too hard on him.    At least he didn't drag this far too long just to save face.   Surely he knew  the backlash he was  going to get from the public  by breaking up too early, yet  he did it anyway.   Maybe he was actually being kind  by not leading her on  for too long.   And maybe he couldn't handle being asked where Chelsie was all the time.  He probably just wanted to get his own identity back  LOL.    As much as I am disappointed they didn't last,  I am glad  I got disappointed now  rather than later.     At least I can look for other things to occupy myself  haha.  

What happened to them  is  a big reminder  slap to all of us  not to invest too much on this reality TV dating shows.    

(snipped quotes for brevity)

I actually have huge respect for any lead that doesn't choose anyone. I know Channel Ten wouldn't have liked it, and I know Honey Badger copped a lot of flak, but I personally think a lead choosing nobody if it comes down to there being nobody they really connect with is doing the right thing.

As for contracts (you didn't bring this up @potpot712 I'm just jumping off) IANAL but I can't imagine any court actually upholding a contract that forced people into being in relationships they don't want to be in.

leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 314
Join date : 2019-08-21
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Post by Just Looking on Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:30 am

@leavers IA with what you said and if indeed there is a contract then in my view, it's emotionally cruel. I thought Matt did form a genuine connection with Chelsie, physically as well (probably not as strong as physically with Abbie). He said he loved her and his first IG post he said "I found what I was looking for. I love you Chelsiemcleod". Perhaps he was genuine but once outside the Bach Bubble, his feelings changed which is virtually what he has said. A shame but that's life. I hope they both find their happiness soon.

Just Looking

Posts : 1333
Join date : 2016-07-28

Back to top Go down

Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Post by leavers on Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:33 am

@Just Looking wrote:@leavers IA with what you said and if indeed there is a contract then in my view, it's emotionally cruel.  I thought Matt did form a genuine connection with Chelsie, physically as well (probably not as strong as physically with Abbie).  He said he loved her and his first IG post he said "I found what I was looking for.  I love you Chelsiemcleod".  Perhaps he was genuine but once outside the Bach Bubble, his feelings changed which is virtually what he has said.  A shame but that's life.  I hope they both find their happiness soon.

The Bachelor bubble is definitely a factor I think! the US shows have proven that. I think we're spoiled on the AU shows with the track record... but look at the US Bachelor, the vast majority of the Bachelors have not stayed with their F1s. It's the norm!
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 314
Join date : 2019-08-21
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Matt Agnew - Chelsie McLeod - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum