SELECT CONTENT

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Page 2 of 66 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by leavers Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:40 am

Bobette wrote:
sprout wrote:She wouldn’t have let TPTB or family/friends influence her in the final decision to pick Carlin imo.

Uh, yes she would - she literally said on the show that family means everything to her and their opinion is paramount.  Personally I'd like to see Leads choose without pressure/influence from friends and family but that's another conversation.

100% agree! If I was tptb I wouldn't have the families/friends involved at all, but that's because they're always the least favourite part of the show to me.  I don't care AT ALL what Old Aunt Martha or whoever thinks!
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1341

Back to top Go down

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Storybook Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:45 am

Angie has refuted the $100k payment as not true.

The little I watched of Matt's season I thought he was simply there to have a good time (which Abbie provided for him). When Chelsea was so shocked she had won spoke volumes to me. Personally I can't compare the two couples. Angie said she was past the partying phase of her life and wanted a stable relationship. When she was in the jungle she realised she was ready to find love. Angie also said she had a connection with Carlin from the first night and she saw his dorky side even if the viewers didn't. I never thought Matt and Chelsea would last but Angie and Carlin are at the sane stage in life and I believe they have a real, genuine relationship.
As for Angie's family they said they were happy with Angie choosing either Timm or Carlin.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:53 am

Storybook wrote:Angie has refuted the $100k payment as not true.  

Well IMO she'd hardly admit to it if it were true so...  no idea

Meanwhile, Angie's friends are saying it's a showmance with Carlin, and Ciarran would have won had he stayed.  

Exactly how I see things too, and have all season.   :yes:

NewIdea 17 NOV 2019

Bachelorette star Angie Kent 'is still texting' former contestants

Despite picking Carlin on this week's finale, Bachelorette Angie Kent has been sending emotional messages to former contestants Timm Hanly AND Ciarran Stott.

And close friends of the 29-year-old ex-Goggleboxer fear she is having second thoughts after choosing winner Carlin Sterrit. They believe she feels 'awkward and uncomfortable', showcasing a romance that might not be real.

These revelations come amid shock rumours backstage crew on The Bachelorette wished she had chosen Timm over Carlin.

Angie has made no secret of the fact she and Timm have chatted since the show ended even though she’s breaking her contract with Channel Ten.

She announced on The Project, 'Timm is one of those people, I am one of those people, when I make a connection with somebody, I don't care about contracts,' she said.

But it’s unlikely show bosses or Carlin know that friends believe she is exchanging Instagram messages with Ciarran, who was forced to quit The Bachelorette suddenly after his grandmother died.

‘Ciarran and Angie weren’t in touch at all during the run of the show,’ said one friend. ‘But there have now been emotional messages. They definitely still have a strong connection.’

‘They had such a bond, no-one is surprised," added the friend. "Her friends all think Ciarran could have won and says she looks awkward and uncomfortable whenever she’s with him because she has doubts.

‘We all thought she would move to Sydney after the show to be with Carlin but she’s going to stay on the Sunshine Coast and re-assess in January how she feels.”

Crew on the show were also hoping Angie would choose Timm as the eventual winner, with one revealing, ‘Carlin didn’t ooze charm and warmth like Timm. He was more cagey and the crew all felt that.’

And fans of the show say that even Osher Gunsberg had a luke warm response to Carlin’s win – not even tagging him on Instagram and Twitter when he wrote a message to Angie following last Thursday’s finale.

He wrote, “Massive congratulations @angiekent_. It was an absolute pleasure to have a front row seat watching you fall in love with Carlin xx”

Osher follows Angie and Ciarran, but is yet to follow Carlin.

‘He follows Chelcie and Matt Agnew who won The Bachelor on Instagram,” said one fan. ‘But not Carlin. Doesn’t that say it all?

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:04 am

sprout wrote:I don’t believe this ridiculous contract for a second. 
JMO

25k a year each doesn't seem like enough when someone like Angie could make that for doing a shill or two.

leavers
leavers

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:08 am

leavers wrote:25k a year each doesn't seem like enough when someone like Angie could make that for doing a shill or two.

Yeah and neither of them are enough good actors to pull it off anyway IMO.  

I'm expecting a split before Xmas (or more accurately - an admission of a split, since I have my doubts they are actually together)
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:15 am

Bobette wrote:
leavers wrote:25k a year each doesn't seem like enough when someone like Angie could make that for doing a shill or two.

Yeah and neither of them are enough good actors to pull it off anyway IMO.  

I'm expecting a split before Xmas (or more accurately - an admission of a split, since I have my doubts they are actually together)

See, I could see that 100k/2 years thing working for a couple like Ali and Taite who are arguably kinda nobodies at this point. But Angie? imo nah, she's above accepting a deal like that imo. Not on a personal level, just on a professional/financial one. Plus I feel like Matt and Chelsie's breakup slighly less than 2 months post-finale makes me think that the contract thing might actually be bullcrap after all? Maybe Honey Badger was stirring the pot a bit. It's been rumoured to be a 3 month thing for so long. Maaaybe M&C were asked not to say anything until after the Bachelorette finale, but I have doubt it's a "contract" per se.
leavers
leavers

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:23 am

@leavers Yeah Matt and Chelsie were 100% told to keep a lid on it till after Angie's finale IMO.  I think there are definitely contracts in place and IMO they are even more restrictive than the few clauses we've heard about.

With today almost 2 months to the day from Matt's finale, maybe TPTB dropped the contract back from 3 months to 2 and gave them time off for good behaviour.  laugh out loud  If Angie and Carlin are bound by the same terms, they might have to wait till Jan 14.  

That would mean having to do the whole Xmas palaver together though and I doubt either of them would want to do that so if they can get out of it sooner they will IMO.  Once Angie's got all those book sales in the bank, of course. Rolling Eyes

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 2 ZignWsp

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:42 am

With Matt and Chels over and the Aus franchise having a successful couple every year, the pressure is on and that leaves it to Angie and Carlin for a successful year couple-wise for the show.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:18 am

Bobette wrote:@leavers Yeah Matt and Chelsie were 100% told to keep a lid on it till after Angie's finale IMO.  I think there are definitely contracts in place and IMO they are even more restrictive than the few clauses we've heard about.

With today almost 2 months to the day from Matt's finale, maybe TPTB dropped the contract back from 3 months to 2 and gave them time off for good behaviour.  laugh out loud  If Angie and Carlin are bound by the same terms, they might have to wait till Jan 14.  

That would mean having to do the whole Xmas palaver together though and I doubt either of them would want to do that so if they can get out of it sooner they will IMO.  Once Angie's got all those book sales in the bank, of course. Rolling Eyes

Maybe tptb know what Matt did Redfacemad and were willing to take sympathy on Chelsie and let it finish early for her sake.
leavers
leavers

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:23 am

Aw Carlin's Insta story about the sunflowers haha. Glad he can be humble and have a laugh about it, must be irritating.
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:36 am

Hello, hello! I am new here. I have been following your discussions since Matt's season. It was interesting to see how different some of your views are and all of you make some interesting points. I would just like to say that I initially was reluctant about Angie. She is not a person I have ever followed, I never found her funny, and I don't watch much reality TV, except this show.  I only started watching her season by the end of week 2 because I happen to have acquaintances who know two contestants there: Ciarran and Carlin. Apparently these two guys are really lovely and genuine people and got along really well.To be honest, initially I found this season boring. I judged contestants (especially Timm) when I shouldn't have judged them,  but he grew on me. Timm reminds me of a friend I have, someone I knew since I was a teenager. In my opinion, Timm is a very happy single man and eventually he may find someone perfect for him but I am sure that single or not he will always be happy and will always be a bit child-like but at the same time emotionally adjusted when it matters.

Now, I didn't expect to like Carlin and Angie together as much as I do. I think they are 100% genuine and since I have a few friends in the industry I believe there is little reason to believe in what New Idea is claiming. My friends have assured me that the 2 years contract is false. Magazines love to sell stories, most of them fabricated. The 'friends' magazines often refer to don't exist or are only rumours. Sadly these magaziner are rarely held accountable for that. IMO Angie and Carlin are sincere. I want to see another successful couple so I rather send good energies and believe they can make  it Smiley I would like to point out that in one of their interviews Carlin and Angie said that they are botk dorky and have many things in common but we didn't see that. They are always laughing so I don't think Angie needs Timm in her life in order to have a laugh.

Sorry for the rant but after months reading this forum I wanted to summarise my views Smiley I will make sure I always add the IMO Thank you! Smiley
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:44 am

Genevieve Australia wrote:Hello, hello! I am new here. I have been following your discussions since Matt's season. It was interesting to see how different some of your views are and all of you make some interesting points. I would just like to say that I initially was reluctant about Angie. She is not a person I have ever followed, I never found her funny, and I don't watch much reality TV, except this show.  I only started watching her season by the end of week 2 because I happen to have acquaintances who know two contestants there: Ciarran and Carlin. Apparently these two guys are really lovely and genuine people and got along really well.To be honest, initially I found this season boring. I judged contestants (especially Timm) when I shouldn't have judged them,  but he grew on me. Timm reminds me of a friend I have, someone I knew since I was a teenager. In my opinion, Timm is a very happy single man and eventually he may find someone perfect for him but I am sure that single or not he will always be happy and will always be a bit child-like but at the same time emotionally adjusted when it matters.

Now, I didn't expect to like Carlin and Angie together as much as I do. I think they are 100% genuine and since I have a few friends in the industry I believe there is little reason to believe in what New Idea is claiming. My friends have assured me that the 2 years contract is false. Magazines love to sell stories, most of them fabricated. The 'friends' magazines often refer to don't exist or are only rumours. Sadly these magaziner are rarely held accountable for that. IMO  Angie and Carlin are sincere. I want to see another successful couple so I rather send good energies and believe they can make  it Smiley I would like to point out that in one of their  interviews Carlin and Angie said that they are botk dorky and have many things in common but we didn't see that. They are always laughing so I don't think Angie needs Timm in her life in order to have a laugh.

Sorry for the rant but after months reading this forum I wanted to summarise my views Smiley I will make sure I always add the IMO  Thank you! Smiley

Welcome1 Genevieve_Australia!
Good to read your comments! I agree and was also surprised by many things after the show ended... it’s an edited show.
JMO
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 66 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

+32
Enough
ReneeM
Emayem
Valancy
stopperify