SELECT CONTENT

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Page 3 of 66 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 34 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 3 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Genevieve Australia Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:57 am

Astrobach wrote:
Genevieve Australia wrote:Hello, hello! I am new here. I have been following your discussions since Matt's season. It was interesting to see how different some of your views are and all of you make some interesting points. I would just like to say that I initially was reluctant about Angie. She is not a person I have ever followed, I never found her funny, and I don't watch much reality TV, except this show.  I only started watching her season by the end of week 2 because I happen to have acquaintances who know two contestants there: Ciarran and Carlin. Apparently these two guys are really lovely and genuine people and got along really well.To be honest, initially I found this season boring. I judged contestants (especially Timm) when I shouldn't have judged them,  but he grew on me. Timm reminds me of a friend I have, someone I knew since I was a teenager. In my opinion, Timm is a very happy single man and eventually he may find someone perfect for him but I am sure that single or not he will always be happy and will always be a bit child-like but at the same time emotionally adjusted when it matters.

Now, I didn't expect to like Carlin and Angie together as much as I do. I think they are 100% genuine and since I have a few friends in the industry I believe there is little reason to believe in what New Idea is claiming. My friends have assured me that the 2 years contract is false. Magazines love to sell stories, most of them fabricated. The 'friends' magazines often refer to don't exist or are only rumours. Sadly these magaziner are rarely held accountable for that. IMO  Angie and Carlin are sincere. I want to see another successful couple so I rather send good energies and believe they can make  it Smiley I would like to point out that in one of their  interviews Carlin and Angie said that they are botk dorky and have many things in common but we didn't see that. They are always laughing so I don't think Angie needs Timm in her life in order to have a laugh.

Sorry for the rant but after months reading this forum I wanted to summarise my views Smiley I will make sure I always add the IMO  Thank you! Smiley

Welcome1  Genevieve_Australia!
Good to read your comments! I agree and was also surprised by many things after the show ended... it’s an edited show.
JMO

Thank you very much, Astrobach Smiley Yes, whenever I am about to emit harsh judgements about a reality contestant I remind myself; 'The show is edited, wait until the show is over to see what they do' Smiley I prefer to remain positive. IMO most fans of this franchise want to see as many successful couples as possible, so I don't see the point of spreading negativity and hurting the couples, as I see many people do via social media. When I was on Facebook and Instagram the negativity made me feel sick and I had to close those apps. Every season is the same but the success rate in Australia isn't bad at all.
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 298

Back to top Go down

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 3 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Finch Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:15 am

Hi @Genevieve Australia handwave
I agree with you entirely and hope the best for them.
Finch
Finch

Back to top Go down

Post by Finch Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:17 am

Oh dear @leavers, I know slightly off topic in here but what did Matt do???

Maybe tptb know what Matt did Redfacemad and were willing to take sympathy on Chelsie and let it finish early for her sake.[/quote]
Finch
Finch

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:24 am

@Genevieve Australia :Welcome

I agree most viewers would like to see a happy couple however for me, sleuthing is separate and more about gathering and assessing all the available evidence, and in this case the indications are that Angie and Carlin won't last long at all, IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:38 am

Bobette wrote:@Genevieve Australia :Welcome

I agree most viewers would like to see a happy couple however for me, sleuthing is separate and more about gathering and assessing all the available evidence, and in this case the indications are that Angie and Carlin won't last, IMO.

Nice to meet you, Bobette. I want to clarify this: I am not a romantic, those who know me may even say I am a person who is too rational, but I would like to see a couple lasting because I wish everyone the best. I am also a pragmatist and I live under the premise that 'correlation doesn't equal causation'. Plus, I am a snob: I won't be fooled by magazines or rumours, especially not when I have many friends in the industry who I trust far more than I trust stupid tabloids. IMO what New Idea or the Daily Mail write is not evidence of anything, it is usually rubbish. If I was to believe in what New Idea or other similar magazines claim then Jennifer Aniston would have had 1,000 children, she would be living now with Brad Pitt, Angelina J would have had an affair with Justin Theroux, Nicole Kidman wouldn't be anymore with Keith Urban, etc. I just don't read trash. I read this forum precisely because there is no trash here, just speculation. At the moment there is nothing about Angie and Carlin that makes me question their words. If they don't last it won't be because New Idea was right about the rumours but simply because relationships have cycles and about 40% marriages end up in divorce.
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by Finch Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:44 am

So far they have posted more than Sophie/Stu, and Matt/Chelsie put together. Angie has introduced Carlin to her friends which we never saw with Sophie or Matt, AFAIK.

Finch
Finch

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:48 am

@Genevieve Australia

I agree a lot of what is posted in the media is trash, but some do have links to the show through shared media ownership or reciprocal business arrangements, just like the betting and paparazzos.  

New Idea revealed the first 12 guys before any of the other media outlets, and their stories often lay the groundwork for storylines which will come out later in the show (or in this case, post show).  

I'm not saying I think they won't last based on one NI article - I'm basing it on what I've seen and read over the past 8 months (we started sleuthing Angie's season in March).  Anyway, as always, TWT.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:11 am

Finch wrote:Hi @Genevieve Australia handwave
I agree with you entirely and hope the best for them.

Thank you very much, Finch and thanks to everyone for being so welcoming Smiley
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ule.m Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:19 am

https://www.newidea.com.au/bachelorette-star-angie-kent-is-still-texting-former-contestants
Why is Angie still in contact with Timm and Ciarren. Did she not pick the person who would fulfill her needs the best, and did she not consider that the boys may want to move on or how it affects Carlin.

Ule.m

Back to top Go down

Post by sprout Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:34 am

Welcome @Genevieve Australia. I’m agreeing with so much you’re saying.
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:38 am

Ule.m wrote:https://www.newidea.com.au/bachelorette-star-angie-kent-is-still-texting-former-contestants
Why is Angie still in contact with Timm and Ciarren. Did she not pick the person who would fulfill her needs the best, and did she not consider that the boys may want to move on or how it affects Carlin.

Because - in her own words - she "half loved" Timm and Carlin (or more accurately she probably "third loved" the three of them, since IMO Ciarran would have gone to the end had he stayed).  That math equation does not equal enough love for a successful relationship IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:39 am

Ule.m wrote:  New Idea   bachelorette-star-angie-kent-is-still-texting-former-contestants

I had to edit your link because I am a new member and apparently I cannot post or quote links. IMO the article published by New Idea is distorting things. Angie has admitted that both she and Carlin are in touch with Timm but Angie also noted that she doesn't think she should be seeing Timm now but she  hopes to catch up with Timm  later on but always with Carlin there.  Many of us are good friends now with people we once dated although it usually takes a while after breaking up before a person is just on 'really good friends' terms with an ex,  whereas Angie seems to be rushing it a bit :S  Angie has suggested that unlike what the edit made us believe, Ciarran wasn't really 'up there' on her list of favourites. Angie hasn't said anything about texting Ciarran and Ciarran has said that he has not been in touch with Angie so it looks that part of the article was made up by New Idea to make things more controversial. IMO  Angie is only looking for friendship because she is a social butterfly. She clearly doesn't realise that people won't read it that way and will question her intentions.  

Carlin seems to be a really loving and patient guy and Angie said that they are similar but he cannot really stop Angie from sending texts, especially if she is transparent about it and doesn't do it behind his back. I do hope that Angie doesn't take Carlin for granted though. He seems to be very confident about what they have but it is not good to push someone too far. I hope Angie's 'texting' is just casual and amicable texting. I don't want to read too much into it now. I think New Idea is exaggerating things but time will tell. All JMO

'You are always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.' - Diane Von Furstenberg bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 3 1176891977
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 66 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 34 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

+32
Enough
ReneeM
Emayem
Valancy
stopperify