SELECT CONTENT

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Page 25 of 66 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 45 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 25 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by sprout Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:18 pm

Emayem wrote:If anything, maybe it shows that cute bogan blondes are his type and Angie may have indeed been someone he would have chased outside of the show? giggling

I was thinking the same 😂
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 25 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Bobette Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:58 am

Before the show I too thought of Angie as a cute funny boganish blonde, like Tara, but I actually see her now as being much more like Ali - commercial, into plastic surgery, with typical/vanilla taste in men, if Carlin is any guide.

Tara would not have chosen Carlin as her F1 IMO - her fiancé seems like everything Angie said she wanted - funny, a bit crazy, a guy to chill out on the couch with and eat pizza - and I'm not surprised she didn't reply to Carlin's comment.

What that comment says to me is that Carlin was either aiming to hook up with a girl on TV/from the Bach franchise or attract the attention of people connected to the show.  His goal was to get famous IMO so mission accomplished.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:38 am

Bobette wrote:Before the show I too thought of Angie as a cute funny boganish blonde, like Tara, but I actually see her now as being much more like Ali - commercial, into plastic surgery, with typical/vanilla taste in men, if Carlin is any guide.

Tara would not have chosen Carlin as her F1 IMO - her fiancé seems like everything Angie said she wanted - funny, a bit crazy, a guy to chill out on the couch with and eat pizza - and I'm not surprised she didn't reply to Carlin's comment.

What that comment says to me is that Carlin was either aiming to hook up with a girl on TV/from the Bach franchise or attract the attention of people connected to the show.  His goal was to get famous IMO so mission accomplished.

Agree with everything here. He was obviously desperate to get on Bach IMO.
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:43 am

FWIW I still don't see Angie and Carlin as compatible - nothing I have seen post show has convinced me their lifestyles will mesh when they get back to the real world. The main thing they have in common is their desire for publicity and promotion, IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:10 am

Nothing I saw on the Bachelorette made me think Angie was compatible with Timm or Ciarran. In the post show videos posted by Angie or Carlin I see a natural connection between them and I believe they enjoy each others company. They are both savvy with selling themselves to the media and good on them for that IMO However things turn out in the long term they seem happy now, and I'm happy for them.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:00 am

Storybook wrote:Nothing I saw on the Bachelorette made me think Angie was compatible with Timm or Ciarran. In the post show videos posted by Angie or Carlin I see a natural connection between them and I believe they enjoy each others company. They are both savvy with selling themselves to the media and good on them for that IMO However things turn out in the long term they seem happy now, and I'm happy for them.
This is how I see them too and will continue to do so until there is hard evidence otherwise. I don’t quite understand wh6 so many people thought her compatibility with Timm and Cairan was long term Looking back, IMO Carlin was it from the red carpet

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:29 am

Several posts have been deleted for breaking the rules, & the subsequent conversations that stemmed from that post have also been deleted. This is a general discussion thread, ALL opinions regarding Angie & Carlin are fair game. No one has to be positive about them. People are free to hold and state their negative opinions. Choosing to be positive about a couple or an individual you like is also fine, what’s against the rules is trying to force other members to justify their opinions when it differs from yours and being snarky. If seeing negative opinions of this couple bothers anyone, I’d implore them to stick to the fan thread.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by sprout Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:58 am

Just Looking wrote:
Storybook wrote:Nothing I saw on the Bachelorette made me think Angie was compatible with Timm or Ciarran. In the post show videos posted by Angie or Carlin I see a natural connection between them and I believe they enjoy each others company. They are both savvy with selling themselves to the media and good on them for that IMO However things turn out in the long term they seem happy now, and I'm happy for them.
This is how I see them too and will continue to do so until there is hard evidence otherwise.  I don’t quite understand wh6 so many people thought her compatibility with Timm and Cairan was long term   Looking back, IMO Carlin was it from the red carpet

Yes, their connection was obvious from the red carpet. It was always Carlin imo, no matter how hard TPTB made it seem like she was into the other guys. I think Angie and Carlin are very compatible and a great match.
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:02 pm

I took a break and I was reading the comments. I don't see how Carlin's comment on Tara's post is related to his current relationship with Angie.   This is an isolated comment written by Carlin, and he can write any comments he wishes.  He can make a judgement of her appearance and that doesn't mean he is interested and even if he was if he was married or not, I don't care. He is not married to his ex-wife anymore and she (Carlin's ex-wife) has had nothing but kind things to say about Carlin, that's all that matters to me. BTW, if he likes Tara IMO Carlin then has questionable taste laugh out loud  Tara is a mega bogan, too much too much! She may be cute but her boganness makes her very unattractive IMO yet it looks like it didn't have the same effect on Carlin...oh well! :crazed :crazed :crazed

Last edited by Genevieve Australia on Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

'You are always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.' - Diane Von Furstenberg Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 25 1176891977
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:18 pm

Bobette wrote:Before the show I too thought of Angie as a cute funny boganish blonde, like Tara, but I actually see her now as being much more like Ali - commercial, into plastic surgery, with typical/vanilla taste in men, if Carlin is any guide.

Angie, like Sophie Monk, is a bogan and so is Tara, but Tara is a mega-bogan; I think that is the general consensus in Australia because bogan is a specific category and they -Angie, Sophie Monk, Tara- have referred to themselves  as bogans. Aly IMO is more cheesy than bogan. IMO most of the contestants both male and female are  bogans; arguably, it is a very bogan thing (although not exclusively) to join a reality TV show. Todd for example, can be charming but he is a bogan who likes bogans and mega bogans.  IMO, sadly, in Australia, the bogan culture is spreading due to reality TV.  Anyway, there are nice bogans and there are odious bogans.  The fact that Carlin likes bogans is IMO not surprising,  I dare say that almost all contestants we saw on Angie's season are bogans, and that includes Carlin. IMO Carlin is a lovable, almost timid, very nice bogan but bogan nevertheless, and I have no issues with that. I still like him and Angie together. Finally, I don't really care about what he wrote on Instagram 1 or 2 years ago; but I am not a 'true fan' of  either of them because I am not into 'fandom'.

Last edited by Genevieve Australia on Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:23 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : edited a few times to delete a paragraph and add IMOs)

'You are always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.' - Diane Von Furstenberg Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 25 1176891977
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:27 pm

Reality TV fans reckon The Bachelorette's Carlin Sterritt isn't as genuine as he seems

DEC 03, 2019 10:45AM

It hasn't even been a month since Angie Kent and Carlin Sterritt proclaimed their love for one another in The Bachelorette finale, but it's hardly been a fairytale romance - for the Aussie public at least.

While we're still getting over Timm's dumping (RIP), certain nuggets of information and Instagram clues have led fans to believe that winner Carlin, 30, may not be as genuine as he seems.

Let's examine the evidence, shall we?

That flirty comment on Bachelor in Paradise star Tara Pavlovic's Instagram post

It seems that Carlin had his eyes set on a former Bachie contestant way before he applied for Angie's season.

In fact, when Tara Pavlovic was starring on the first season of Bachelor in Paradise in 2018, the fitness trainer left the one-word comment - "Stunner" - on a picture she uploaded to Instagram.

The comment came shortly after his separation with his wife, which leads neatly to the next point...

The ex-wife drama

During his 24 hour date with Angie early on in the series, Carlin confessed that he was technically still married.

"In 2016, I got married. We've been apart for a year and a half. We've drifted apart you know and I was pretty hurt in the process. She's moved overseas now and for me, I've closed that chapter of my life ... So, we filed for divorce and stuff, but I suppose that was the last stage of that so it hasn't been final yet," he revealed during the episode.

The ex-wife in question, Taran Higgins, even shared a supportive message to Carlin in a caption of the couple in a wedding-themed photo shoot, but Angie told Now To Love that she was left a little confused by Taran's post.

"I think it would be a little bit different if she posted it now with her in a wedding dress and him, but she didn't know the outcome. She didn't know that Carlin was the one at the end," Angie said.

"I think it was a beautiful message, but the picture is a bit of an interesting choice, if I'm going to be completely honest. Like why is homegirl wearing a wedding dress?"

His secret acting career

Carlin's motives for going on The Bachelorette were called into question, when it was revealed he wanted to use the show to boost his acting and modelling profile.

Though he was described as a fitness trainer by producers, news of Carlin's on-screen projects soon came out.

Fellow Bachelorette contestant Jamie Doran warned Angie of her suitor's "real" intentions, and even Carlin's brother said during hometown visits that at the start of the competition, Carlin was on the show to further his career.

"I didn't want to talk about acting and modelling, because I never wanted Angie to question my sincerity," Carlin told TV WEEK.

"I tried to be myself and as genuine as possible."

That subtle swipe at runner-up Timm Hanly

When you attack sweet angel Timm Hanly, you attack us.

In a recent Instagram post from his Vietnam vacay with Angie, Carlin made a subtle swipe at the Bachelorette runner-up, who Angie dubbed her "soulmate" with his caption, "My best friend I haven't friend-zoned."

But despite all the drama circulating, Angie and Carlin seem to still be enjoying one another's company.

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:34 pm

So basically they have been reading the discussions here. Same old, same old.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 66 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 45 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

+32
Enough
ReneeM
Emayem
Valancy
stopperify