SELECT CONTENT

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Page 26 of 66 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 46 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 26 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by leavers Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:00 pm

Sprite wrote:So basically they have been reading the discussions here. Same old, same old.

and when you actually read the article, there's nothing in there from "reality TV fans". It's all just speculation by the writer based on nothing at all. Typical for "now to love" articles.

I haven't done any kind of scientific time analysis but I'm pretty sure Angie and Carlin have already spent more time together than Stu and Sophie or Matt and Chelsie ever did!
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1342

Back to top Go down

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 26 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by sprout Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:14 pm

They are really reaching with that article imo 😂
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:15 pm

A couple of nuggets from the latest gossip magazine
1) After all the rumours in the media Angie wasn't genuine about finding love on the show, it's now Carlin's turn to have the same said about him (I wonder if it is the same sources feeding the mags information?)
2) the comment "While we're still getting over Timm's dumping" (RIP is a bit much IMO), I question who the "we" are? To me it doesn't look like Angie is suffering grief so I don't see why this is continually brought up.

To me personally, gossip magazines are simply that, which is why I don't read them.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by sprout Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:16 pm

leavers wrote:
Sprite wrote:So basically they have been reading the discussions here. Same old, same old.

and when you actually read the article, there's nothing in there from "reality TV fans".  It's all just speculation by the writer based on nothing at all.  Typical for "now to love" articles.

I haven't done any kind of scientific time analysis but I'm pretty sure Angie and Carlin have already spent more time together than Stu and Sophie or Matt and Chelsie ever did!

Agree
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:27 am

sprout wrote:
Storybook wrote:A couple of nuggets from the latest gossip magazine
1) After all the rumours in the media Angie wasn't genuine about finding love on the show, it's now Carlin's turn to have the same said about him (I wonder if it is the same sources feeding the mags information?)
2) the comment "While we're still getting over Timm's dumping" (RIP is a bit much IMO), I question who the "we" are? To me it doesn't look like Angie is suffering grief so I don't see why this is continually brought up.

To me personally, gossip magazines are simply that, which is why I don't read them.

Sounds like the article was written by a bitter Timm fan.
JMO
@storybook @sprout @sprite @leavers @Just Looking Aren't some of those magazines asking people who have 'inside' information to write to them so they can publish their articles? Yes, they are!  Anyone can do that. Heck, I could go and send them an email saying that  I am acquainted with them and then I could create a nice (or a not very nice) story about Carlin and Angie or Timm and someone else, and contact one of the rubbish tabloids and they will probably publish something like 'A friend of....' or 'According to some sources....' cantstopl rofl cantstopl  Who wants to give it a try? The thing is that negative stories sell far more than positive stories.

Last edited by Genevieve Australia on Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:35 am; edited 2 times in total

'You are always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.' - Diane Von Furstenberg bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 26 1176891977
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:12 am

What is interesting to me is that the overwhelming majority of media articles about Angie and Carlin continue to be skeptical and negative.  Historically, this is not the case for successful Bach/Bette couples.  

There were no articles suggesting Matty and Laura were faking it, for example. Most of the post-show "gossip" centred around the fact that they seemed so loved up people suspected they had met pre-show.

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 26 XGIxTRa

Source

Even with Matt and Chelsie, the media articles between their finale and split were predominantly positive. The fact that the media are pushing this negative angle so hard with Carlin and Angie is telling, IMO. :yes:

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 26 SHmLpbv

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:30 am

leavers wrote:

and when you actually read the article, there's nothing in there from "reality TV fans".  It's all just speculation by the writer based on nothing at all.  Typical for "now to love" articles.

I agree 100%

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:47 am

Genevieve Australia wrote:
Bobette wrote:Before the show I too thought of Angie as a cute funny boganish blonde, like Tara, but I actually see her now as being much more like Ali - commercial, into plastic surgery, with typical/vanilla taste in men, if Carlin is any guide.

Tara would not have chosen Carlin as her F1 IMO - her fiancé seems like everything Angie said she wanted - funny, a bit crazy, a guy to chill out on the couch with and eat pizza - and I'm not surprised she didn't reply to Carlin's comment.

What that comment says to me is that Carlin was either aiming to hook up with a girl on TV/from the Bach franchise or attract the attention of people connected to the show.  His goal was to get famous IMO so mission accomplished.

Angie, like Sophie Monk, is a bogan and so is Tara, but Tara is a mega-bogan; I think that is the general consensus in Australia because bogan is a specific category and they -Angie, Sophie Monk, Tara- have referred to themselves  as bogans. Aly IMO is more cheesy than bogan. IMO most of the contestants both male and female are  bogans; arguably, it is a very bogan thing (although not exclusively)  to join a reality TV show. Todd for example, can be charming but he is a bogan who likes bogans and mega bogans.  IMO, sadly, in Australia, the bogan culture is spreading due to reality TV.  Anyway, there are nice bogans and there are odious bogans.  The fact that Carlin likes bogans is IMO not surprising,  I dare say that almost all contestants we saw on Angie's season are bogans, and that includes Carlin. IMO Carlin is a lovable, almost timid, very nice bogan but bogan nevertheless, and I have no issues with that. I still like him and Angie together.  Finally, I don't really care about what he wrote on Instagram 1 or 2 years ago; but I am not a 'true fan' of  either of them because I am not into 'fandom'.

Not sad that bogan culture is spreading....it is literally our culture in our country. Lol.
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:54 am

As for the media articles about the couples post show, I remember Laura was hinted at being the winner before the series started. It was easy for the media to push their relationship as they had been doing it from the start.
As for Matt and Chelsie the media reported them as a happy couple. They got that wrong.
Sophie Monk chose a married millionaire but said she wanted an ordinary Aussie bloke. Australia (and the media) forgave her and her career skyrocketed.
With Angie and Carlin, Australia's favourite was Timm and Angie not choosing him made her a villain and Carlin her accomplice. It seems the media, and the majority of Australia can't forgive either of them.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:12 am

Storybook wrote: ...snipped
As for Matt and Chelsie the media reported them as a happy couple. They got that wrong.

Exactly my point - IMO the media doesn't automatically publish negative articles.  I also disagree that negative stories necessarily sell more than positive ones.  

IMO the media are reporting what they are seeing and hearing about the status of Angie and Carlin's relationship, from various sources, and it doesn't bode well.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:35 am

Vjeff wrote:
Genevieve Australia wrote:
Bobette wrote:Before the show I too thought of Angie as a cute funny boganish blonde, like Tara, but I actually see her now as being much more like Ali - commercial, into plastic surgery, with typical/vanilla taste in men, if Carlin is any guide.

Tara would not have chosen Carlin as her F1 IMO - her fiancé seems like everything Angie said she wanted - funny, a bit crazy, a guy to chill out on the couch with and eat pizza - and I'm not surprised she didn't reply to Carlin's comment.

What that comment says to me is that Carlin was either aiming to hook up with a girl on TV/from the Bach franchise or attract the attention of people connected to the show.  His goal was to get famous IMO so mission accomplished.

Angie, like Sophie Monk, is a bogan and so is Tara, but Tara is a mega-bogan; I think that is the general consensus in Australia because bogan is a specific category and they -Angie, Sophie Monk, Tara- have referred to themselves  as bogans. Aly IMO is more cheesy than bogan. IMO most of the contestants both male and female are  bogans; arguably, it is a very bogan thing (although not exclusively)  to join a reality TV show. Todd for example, can be charming but he is a bogan who likes bogans and mega bogans.  IMO, sadly, in Australia, the bogan culture is spreading due to reality TV.  Anyway, there are nice bogans and there are odious bogans.  The fact that Carlin likes bogans is IMO not surprising,  I dare say that almost all contestants we saw on Angie's season are bogans, and that includes Carlin. IMO Carlin is a lovable, almost timid, very nice bogan but bogan nevertheless, and I have no issues with that. I still like him and Angie together.  Finally, I don't really care about what he wrote on Instagram 1 or 2 years ago; but I am not a 'true fan' of  either of them because I am not into 'fandom'.

Not sad that bogan culture is spreading....it is literally our culture in our country. Lol.

I disagree, I do not believe Australia is bogan per se, the word 'bogan' is Australian yet you will find that individuals who fit  the bogan label are everywhere in the world, especially in the US,  and it is usually not seeing positively, the same applies for the concept of CUB (cashed-up bogan). Further, a bogan can belong to any social class.  In fact, there are journal articles written by social scientists and behavioural scientists discussing this topic, articles which are commonly prescribed at universities. Some of these articles are quite revealing because even though we Australians see ourselves as egalitarian we really aren't and although we are highly socially mobile, social mobility is still not easy to attain here for certain groups and we stigmatise certain groups of people. If you @Vjeff don't do judge others and are happy to embrace 'boganess' then I sincerely applaud your attitude (I am not being snarky at all, I really admire people who show a tolerant, open mind Smiley ). Personally, I am very self-aware, I  know I have unconscious bias and I cannot help being a snob, partly due to my family background. I cannot help feeling what I do even if rationally I intend to change that feeling.

I concede that for many people, here in Australia, the spread of bogan culture is something they are rather enthusiastic about, I respect that yet I will never share their enthusiasm for boganess.

Last edited by Genevieve Australia on Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add a word)

'You are always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.' - Diane Von Furstenberg bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 26 1176891977
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:46 am

So, please help out a ‘non Australian ‘ neighbor! What the H#$@ is. ‘ bogan’ ???
Since I heard it, at first I thought it was a regional thing, then a type of people ( mix of bohemian and something else? ) I’m still lost and although it might be difficult to perfectly define, Ill appreciate your enlightening comments!
TYIA
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 66 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 46 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

+32
Enough
ReneeM
Emayem
Valancy
stopperify