SELECT CONTENT

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Page 46 of 66 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 56 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 46 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Bobette Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:30 am

Storybook wrote:I've watched DWTS before and there have been "stars" who have two left feet, but they improve. For me watching them improve is the best thing about the show.
...snipped

I agree, viewers enjoy rooting for the underdog and watching people improve, but previously the contestants with two left feet who go far have almost always been famous and accomplished in another field - politics, sports, carpentry etc.  

Angie is only known for being on reality shows and has no special "talents", nor a compelling backstory.  That's not enough to make people root for her IMO, especially as many are already sick of seeing her face on TV, if SM is anything to go by.

Anyway, TWT.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 46 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by sprout Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:27 am

Bobette wrote:Tall Poppy Syndrome refers to a resentment of people who are exceptional and outstanding in their field.  Angie isn't, IMO.  Before Bette she did odd jobs such as nannying and is only "known" for being on reality TV, which IMO doesn't require any special skill.  

By her own admission she isn't a good dancer, and IMO she doesn't have a good enough back story to compensate for that, and make the audience want her to keep her around.  I would expect Angie (and the guy from MAFS) to be gone early in the competition.  

Maybe then she might need to get a real job...

What constitutes a real job? IMO, what Angie is doing for a buck is her choice. There is obviously some appeal for Angie to keep being offered these opportunities. *edited*. JMO

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Directing negative comment to members)
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:36 am

Bobette did you write this article? Lol

https://www.pedestrian.tv/entertainment/angie-kent-carlin-sterritt-ring-shopping/

In Wild And Fully Unplanned Scenes, Angie & Carlin Of ‘The Bachie’ Were Seen Ring Shopping

In a lovely little bit of happenstance, Angie Kent and Carlin Sterritt of The Bachelorette were photographed while ring shopping in Sydney last Friday, sparking engagement rumours for the couple.

It was surely a happy coincidence indeed when a Daily Mail photographer just happened to be waiting right outside a jeweler in Paddington at the exact time the pair decided to walk in.

Even better, they actually sat right by the window, with Angie Kent laughing and sipping bubbles as she made sure to turn her face to the camera. Wild scenes, folks. Absolutely unprecedented.

This isn't an exaggeration btw everyone.. they genuinely sat next to the window! Interestingly, I live in Paddington and have never seen one pap ever. What are the chances!

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 46 23654740-7909545-Something_to_tell_us_The_Bachelorette_s_Angie_Kent_and_Carlin_St-m-27_1579563627433
Source: Daily Mail
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:51 am

@Vjeff cantstopl  No I didn't write it but fellow snarky skeptics are not hard to find.  They're just trying WAY TOO HARD to try to convince people it's not a showmance IMO.  

I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't even slept together.  Seriously.  Between Carlin's conservative beliefs and Angie's IMO cold fish manner I suspect the most they do is high five each other when they secure another promotional gig.  I see no genuine warmth or intimacy, especially from Angie.

Oh and I'd bet one billion dollars the place Angie is moving into in Sydney is NOT that lavish Rose Bay apartment they were "candidly" papped looking at last month. Rolling Eyes

ETA:  People in the comments clearly not buying it. laugh out loud

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 46 CMigX7f

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:26 pm

Rolling Eyes

That's a clear set up IMO since a photographer just so happen to be right outside. If two people were truly in love, they wouldn't care about paps and sitting in front of a jewellery store for all to see. As a matter of fact, I think that would be done discretely.

@Vjeff thanks for letting us know Paddington is not a popular destination choice for paps. laugh out loud

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71471

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by rosefun Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:25 pm

ITA - setup

Very interesting choice of damage control and diversion imo...
bushfire 'insensitive' / 'tone deaf' post on the monday and then out sparking engagement rumours on the friday  bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 46 1f602

"happenstance" - what a brilliant word.
rosefun
rosefun

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:01 am

I wouldn't be surprised if they also got paid by the jeweller (either in dollars or in freebies) for the advertising.  Look at how Angie's holding her ring finger awkwardly across her black t-shirt as she leaves (knowing damn well she's being photographed IMO).  

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 46 Ax1zgey

Source

It's very reminiscent of how Carlin held his arm across his black t-shirt to show off his watch when they were photographed looking at that apartment (which he definitely was getting paid for, because he posted pics of the exact same watch on his IG the next day).  

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 46 86Huidq

Source

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 46 T7ONh6e

Source

That ring is probably part of their collection that they either loaned or gifted to her for the photo op IMO (though I refuse to look - don't want to give them free advertising laugh out loud). I know many contestants shill, but the way these two go about it just seems extra slimy IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by rosefun Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:53 am

totally agree with your post above @Bobette

Imo, Carlin not only blatantly models 'the products' but he's also very good at presenting the sale before the next post which formally adds the tags and sells the item. And Angie is a keen 'modeling/marketing' learner laugh out loud

I also had a good nod and laugh out loud at you saying "though I refuse to look - don't want to give them free advertising laugh out loud"... geez the amount of times I've gone to post something about them and thought 'nope, I don't want to be negatively shilling for them' laugh out loud

btw big cheers to you @Bobette for what I see as brilliant posts with perception and calling out bs.
rosefun
rosefun

Back to top Go down

Post by rosefun Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:59 am

I’ve just been reading the comments on Angie's IG bushfire post last week. Holy moly it gives insight imo......
The comments have been heavily deleted or filtered. I can’t even see the comment and her reply that was screen shot in the Who article. I remember seeing comments like ‘I love you Angie but this is wrong’… ‘she doesn’t like constructed criticism you’ll get deleted’ etc. I can’t see them now either. There’s the occasional negative comments but its basically full of hearts, love and comments defending Angie. Imo, it paints the picture that not very many people were upset by the post. And yeh its Angie’s IG and her right to delete etc, I even applaud ignoring or deleting the negative/ destructive/ hate type comments, but is it really fair or respectful to her genuine fans to have responded in such a defensive way? It’s not real smart from a marketing perspective either, brands like to see realism, engagement and authenticity imo.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7QIuF5letC/

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 46 A_ig110

I looked at the Who magazine IG post too. And I really question who got “bullied” the most, was it Angie or was it her fans that were objecting to the post? How fair and accurate was it to label the people who questioned the post’s appropriateness as “trolls”?  Yes many may have been trolls but given the context of the post and the amount of people hurting, is it really that hard to see that some of them may have been genuine?

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 46 A_who111

Also the Who article did Angie a big favour by not clicking on the image and showing that there were actually FOUR tags (and probable income streams - it wasn’t just Bondi Sands being promoted because they had donated to the bush fire appeal).

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 46 A_ig_p11

It’s a perfect example of hypocrisy, greed etc … and bullsh*t imo
Seriously… Angie often says ‘everyone’s got a story’ but she didn’t stop and consider that some of her followers may have a story. If you consider how many people have been devastated by the fires, why was it so hard to see that some of her followers may have been emotionally raw? Rather than listening and showing care and empathy, she chose to react with defence, arrogance and contempt imo (contempt by supporting and keeping the comments that put down the people who had objected to her post).

To anyone who doesn’t understand what I’m saying, this is empathy imo----
just for a minute imagine someone touched or devastated by the bush fires, they go on IG and see heaps of beautiful concerning, fundraising, and giving posts (btw there’s lots of examples from Angie’s bach alumni)… hopefully they would feel comforted… and then they click on a post that references the fires and 4 tagged products… no words indicating that the poster is donating anything with the post, just promotion of brands…then they read multiple posts like ‘gorgeous photo of you’, ‘you’re beautiful’, ‘you’re hot’, ‘don’t change’, ‘where are your sunglass from’, ‘where’s your lippy from’, ‘where are your swimmers from’, ‘you’ve had your hair cut’ and there is very little mention about the actual bushfires… they then see comments that question the appropriateness of the post being deleted, or labelled as trolling and replied to with contempt. Geez, if you can’t see how that may have hurt and stirred someone, I don’t know what to say! Maybe I’m just a ‘wanker’,  ‘negative nancy’, ‘turkey’ or a ‘clown’.

Btw notice the poster who accuses Who Magazine of “bullying” Angie on Whos IG post (image 1), gloat in Angie’s IG comments that the person has been shamed by the Who article (image 2), isn’t there a bit of inconsistency there?

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 46 A_who11

Just a message and heads up to the mods-
I’ve not had posts deleted but I’ve not been as p’d off about what I see as bullsh*t and wrong before either so I understand if this post is too heavy or not in keeping of the forum, and you need to delete it.
rosefun
rosefun

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:33 am

@rosefun Yep.  I've noticed Carlin and Angie both routinely delete comments.  Angie will also argue with posters (often to the point of rudeness) then if she gets called out or can't think of a comeback she just deletes the whole thread.  

As I've said before, she's happy to dish it out, but can't take it IMO.  By deleting comments she's trying to make it look like everyone supports her but comments on media articles (and the DWTS IG page) give a more accurate picture IMO.

rosefun wrote:If you consider how many people have been devastated by the fires, why was it so hard to see that some of her followers may have been emotionally raw? Rather than listening and showing care and empathy, she chose to react with defence, arrogance and contempt imo (contempt by supporting and keeping the comments that put down the people who had objected to her post).

Re: The above, her current IG bio description is also insulting to those affected IMO: "Let’s use the fire in our hearts to help stop the fires happening across Australia".  As if it's possible to put out raging bushfires with good vibes (or the classic, "thoughts and prayers" Rolling Eyes ).  

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 46 4yIzJDh

Source

ETA: Re posts, those that got deleted were attacking other members.  My understanding of the rules is that expressing any opinion of a contestant/Lead is allowed, no matter how harsh, it's criticising the opinion of other members that's not, so your post seems fine IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:33 pm

I’m sorry, but neither of those pics are attractive. Sunglasses on or off. She seems so overdone from head to toe imo

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:22 am

When was it cool to be awful to people, Angie?  Well apparently only when you were doing it during your 4 years on Gogglebox.  

Seems you have deemed it now more cool to pretend that never happened, and preach to others about their beahviour instead. Rolling Eyes

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 46 S6Z7QWe

Source

... plus profit from it, since this post is sponsored.  Seems to me it would be kinder to promote anti-bullying for free but what do I know.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 46 of 66 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 56 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

+32
Enough
ReneeM
Emayem
Valancy
stopperify