SELECT CONTENT

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Page 47 of 66 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 56 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 47 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by sprout Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:49 pm

sprout wrote:
Bobette wrote:Tall Poppy Syndrome refers to a resentment of people who are exceptional and outstanding in their field.  Angie isn't, IMO.  Before Bette she did odd jobs such as nannying and is only "known" for being on reality TV, which IMO doesn't require any special skill.  

By her own admission she isn't a good dancer, and IMO she doesn't have a good enough back story to compensate for that, and make the audience want her to keep her around.  I would expect Angie (and the guy from MAFS) to be gone early in the competition.  

Maybe then she might need to get a real job...

What constitutes a real job? IMO, what Angie is doing for a buck is her choice. There is obviously some appeal for Angie to keep being offered these opportunities. *edited*. JMO

I was not directing my comment about tall poppy syndrome to a member - it is a general vibe that I am picking up on through various social media and is my opinion, which I believe is allowed.
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 47 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:48 pm

@sprout absolutely your opinion is allowed. yes

When there comments in a quoted post without specifying who it is being referred to, SM tabloids etc, it's not clear. Hope this clarifies.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by rosefun Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:50 pm

sprout wrote:
sprout wrote:
Bobette wrote:Tall Poppy Syndrome refers to a resentment of people who are exceptional and outstanding in their field.  Angie isn't, IMO.  Before Bette she did odd jobs such as nannying and is only "known" for being on reality TV, which IMO doesn't require any special skill.  

By her own admission she isn't a good dancer, and IMO she doesn't have a good enough back story to compensate for that, and make the audience want her to keep her around.  I would expect Angie (and the guy from MAFS) to be gone early in the competition.  

Maybe then she might need to get a real job...

What constitutes a real job? IMO, what Angie is doing for a buck is her choice. There is obviously some appeal for Angie to keep being offered these opportunities. *edited*. JMO

I was not directing my comment about tall poppy syndrome to a member - it is a general vibe that I am picking up on through various social media and is my opinion, which I believe is allowed.
@sprout I'm replying because I agree with Bobette and hopefully my reply will give her a break... I took the get 'a real job' as faceticous. Very obvious Angie wants to continue working on TV and SM sales imo, only time will tell if she has the draw card and popularity to suceed. Imo she's like no other bach leads with changing image, extreme marketing and sales. I replied upthread to the 'tall poppy syndrome' too, and said that imo its being said to squash the negative public opinion that imo increased after her bushfire post.

Btw thanks for your reply to my post last week @bobette.
I think your comment “pot calling the kettle black” absolutely sums it up, and  I’d add “if you’re going to talk the talk, you’ve got to walk the walk”.

@Idlemess I actually think Angie looks attractive, it’s her personality and sincerity that needs work imo
rosefun
rosefun

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:33 am

Bobette wrote: 
The Bachelorette's Angie Kent and Carlin Sterritt sparked engagement rumours on Friday, when they were spotted ring shopping in Sydney.  They appeared to be in a celebratory mood while sipping champagne and browsing through a selection of diamond rings at Michael Arthur jewellers in Paddington.

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 47 Ax1zgey

Source

I wouldn't be surprised if they also got paid by the jeweller (either in dollars or in freebies) for the advertising.  Look at how Angie's holding her ring finger awkwardly across her black t-shirt as she leaves (knowing damn well she's being photographed IMO).

And here's the confirmation - the "engagement ring" shopping excursion was nothing but a staged shot for mutual publicity IMO.

Angie Kent rocks a retro ensemble on her 30th birthday as she leads the reality star arrivals at the glittering Michael Arthur Boutique launch party

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 47 NACIjkk

Source

And just look at the others in attendance - the lowest of the low trashy Z-list "celebrities" IMO.  Angie continues to slip lower in my opinion with every "career decision" she makes.  no no

Also noting her birthday post was just plain weird IMO - admitting to being an "emotional mole" who Carlin "tries" to love and support.  I wonder how much longer they'll drag this out.

Last edited by Bobette on Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Enough Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:03 am

You wouldnt have your birthday party with people you hardly know.

Carlin just confirmed that it was an event.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8PrYqinfFk/?igshid=11gkp8gztytxb

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8PVnt8nWuV/?igshid=v68odhd5rals

Enough

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:07 am

@Enough Yes it was an event - the opening of a jewellers they happened to coincidentally be papped inside last month. no no

Other attendees included Matt's rejects and various MAFS "stars" (people Angie has previously mocked and called trashy).

ETA: Oh and here they are arriving - Carlin dragging Angie's bags while she walks ahead with a sour look on her face.  Rolling Eyes

He'd have run for the hills by now IMO if he didn't value publicity so highly.  He looks more like her PA than boyfriend IMO.

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 47 PYMeJlx

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 47 XDljtGv

And this just confirms for me that she moved to Sydney chasing fame/$$$, not for Carlin, otherwise why live so far apart.

She also confirmed she's finally made the move to from the Sunshine Coast to Sydney to be near Carlin, yet still lives over an hour away from her genetically-blessed other half.

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 47 ZvSUEKd

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:06 pm

Bobette wrote:snipped...

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 47 PYMeJlx

So is the size of the bag correlated to the size of the ego?

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:08 pm

@Norcalgal They're probably both Angie's.  bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 47 3806527698

I'm wondering if they're going to drag things out till March, when the next Bach will be announced and they can quietly split citing one of the typical excuses.  

They can't really use distance anymore so it will probably be something like "so busy, exhausting schedules, not able to spend quality time together, etc etc".

I still feel like Carlin's putting in way more effort than Angie.  Moving to Sydney but still an hour away from him shows he's not a high priority on her list IMO.

He must really be enjoying his higher profile to put up with her IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Enough Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:27 pm

Poor Carlin can't afford Angie's lifestyle. I am not sure whether he is a qualified PT. He is not registered with Fitness Australia. (But you don't need to be registered with Fitness Australia to be a PT)

Also working as an instructor in F45 don't pay much. You only get paid for the classes you supervise. If you do PT one on one, you do get more pay.

Enough

Back to top Go down

Post by sprout Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:03 am

GuardianAngel wrote:@sprout absolutely your opinion is allowed. yes

When there comments in a quoted post without specifying who it is being referred to, SM tabloids etc, it's not clear. Hope this clarifies.

Thank you.
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by rosefun Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:15 am

Yep further confirmation about the 'happenstance' laugh out loud, staged photos at the jewellers and engagement rumours. Really who cares if they sell and promote, its just the staged and pretence in the way its done that gets noticed by some of us. I guess the average fan doesnt have a clue, they just get excited and gush about a possible engagement laugh out loud. I wonder if she still wears the ring Carlin gave her on the Bachelorette final. (Different sponsor for the show - Dracakis Jewellery source). There mustn’t be any after show contract for the couples to promote the ring, or maybe a short time period.

Yep interesting the tribe she’s selling with isn’t it. In her past life (or persona) she'd be slagging or calling them out imo. They aren't the SM influencer set that would entice me to by something like diamonds either, but tbh I only initially recognised Martha and give that opinion after googling and reading stories about the others  Rolling Eyes

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 47 Aksell10

OT but since I googled them, just a share in case someone else is also interested, some not so nice tales and insight into the others imo-->
- Martha mafs - media article, - Tahla fame from Love Island (I couldn’t get myself to watch the show even though I really like Sophie Monk and her humour) media article, - Chloeszep , I remember reading this story but didn’t know her name until now - media article

Imo, that photo of Carlin with the suitcase is one of the few, if not only, candid/genuine pap photos I've see of them. Angie must have come from, or going to, airport. I think I read that she was in Melbourne for DWTS practice/rehearsal, wouldn't rehearsal be in Sydney? Also I'm not watch DWTS, will someone do a brief Angie recap.

About them breaking up, well I’m still in the ‘business selling partnership’ and ‘fake’ camp (which btw is a first for me with the bach shows and I’ve watched them from the beginning). Imo, the way they have denied it and talked the romance up, I reckon they could go another year if there’s profit in it laugh out loud. Sort of backed themselves in a corner with credibility if it came out as a ‘ruse’ now too.
rosefun
rosefun

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:36 am

@rosefun I caught Angie's dance on DWTS.  It wasn't great but I won't shame her for it because I think she realised that herself (and if not, the DWTS audience is known for being pretty brutal so they'll let her know IMO).  

She won't be the first to go - she's Ch 10 property so the Ch 9 MAFS guy will probably go first IMO, but I can't see her lasting long.  Also I found her face really distracting.  She really needs to lay off the botox and fillers IMO.

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 47 2XST7xM

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 47 7wVC2EL

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 47 XZsFkf4

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 47 BZsaOMd

Source: Tenplay

Last edited by Bobette on Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 47 of 66 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 56 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

+32
Enough
ReneeM
Emayem
Valancy
stopperify