SELECT CONTENT

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Page 48 of 80 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 64 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 48 Empty Re: Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Post by alwayscooking Sun May 17, 2020 4:34 pm

I personally find that word unacceptable, always have always will. But, IMO, because someone is singing along to a song, and repeats what the lyrics are, doesn't make them a racist. I've never really understood why this word is used in music today if people find it so offensive? I woke up today to some of the fan accounts on IG blasting Hannah. Many were saying she's not allowed to say it because she's white. This makes absolutely no sense to me, if it's offensive for her to say while singing along to a song, then it should be the same for everyone.

My opinion may not be a popular one on here, but, IMO, saying a couple stupid things in your life does not make you a racist. I think that word is thrown around way to easily today, one wrong word and your labelled. I'm sure that all the people that are trashing her right now have never, never, ever, said anything in their life that someone else found derogatory.
alwayscooking
alwayscooking

Back to top Go down

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 48 Empty Re: Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Post by notarose Sun May 17, 2020 4:45 pm

alwayscooking wrote:I personally find that word unacceptable, always have always will.  But, IMO, because someone is singing along to a song, and repeats what the lyrics are, doesn't make them a racist.   I've never really understood why this word is used in music today if people find it so offensive?  I woke up today to some of the fan accounts on IG blasting Hannah.  Many were saying she's not allowed to say it because she's white.  This makes absolutely no sense to me, if it's offensive for her to say while singing along to a song, then it should be the same for everyone.  

My opinion may not be a popular one on here, but, IMO, saying a couple stupid things in your life does not make you a racist.  I think that word is thrown around way to easily today, one wrong word and your labelled.  I'm sure that all the people that are trashing her right now have never, never, ever, said anything in their life that someone else found derogatory.  

My view is that she saw many fan comments thus was aware that some found it offensive. She could have, as you did, used the argument that it was a song lyric and paralleled your explanation. Or she could have been clear that she sang it and acknowledged the word has weight/history and going forward she will censor herself as she did with f*ck.
As is, maybe she said it maybe she didn’t maybe her brother did...

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sun May 17, 2020 4:54 pm

Norcalgal wrote:Matt James needs to sit down with her and tell her that just because she grew up hearing that word does not make its use legitimate of an educated and caring person. He needs to tell her how HE feels when he hears someone use it and how HIS impression of Hannah changes when she does. Maybe then she'll get it.

Yes I think she needs to be educated about several comments that she has made but imo it is not Matt’s place to have to educate her on this. She is a grown woman that should of known better. The part that really bothered me was her insensitive apology and trying to blame her brother that has his own issues to deal with. JMO
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by alwayscooking Sun May 17, 2020 4:59 pm

notarose wrote:
alwayscooking wrote:I personally find that word unacceptable, always have always will.  But, IMO, because someone is singing along to a song, and repeats what the lyrics are, doesn't make them a racist.   I've never really understood why this word is used in music today if people find it so offensive?  I woke up today to some of the fan accounts on IG blasting Hannah.  Many were saying she's not allowed to say it because she's white.  This makes absolutely no sense to me, if it's offensive for her to say while singing along to a song, then it should be the same for everyone.  

My opinion may not be a popular one on here, but, IMO, saying a couple stupid things in your life does not make you a racist.  I think that word is thrown around way to easily today, one wrong word and your labelled.  I'm sure that all the people that are trashing her right now have never, never, ever, said anything in their life that someone else found derogatory.  

My view is that she saw many fan comments thus was aware that some found it offensive. She could have, as you did, used the argument that it was a song lyric and paralleled your explanation. Or she could have been clear that she sang it and acknowledged the word has weight and going forward she will censor herself as she did with f*ck.

I agree, her apology should have just been , Yes, I said it, was singing along, and I said it, I'm sorry it offended anyone, and I'll try to do better. End of story.

People should demand that the music industry not use this word.
alwayscooking
alwayscooking

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Sun May 17, 2020 5:06 pm

She skipped over the F word to say the N word.  She wasn’t just singing along.  Again I just hope she truly learns from this.

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Sun May 17, 2020 5:24 pm

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 48 214ba710

https://www.instagram.com/stories/hannahbrown/
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19233

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun May 17, 2020 5:56 pm

This feels like a cop out. She should have at least posted something in her feed and not just a story that disappears in 24 hours.

As for the contents of the apology, I’m not a black POC so it’s not my place to accept her apology.

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 48 87b72b10 Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 48 86669110 Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 48 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sun May 17, 2020 7:10 pm

umngirl wrote:This feels like a cop out. She should have at least posted something in her feed and not just a story that disappears in 24 hours.

As for the contents of the apology, I’m not a black POC so it’s not my place to accept her apology.

I totally agree about she should of posted in her feeds and turned off the comments. IMO this is just her way of simply saying oh I got caught I will post on IG story that will go away and thinks people will forget . IMO
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Sun May 17, 2020 7:41 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/CATkMT6jojU/
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19233

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sun May 17, 2020 7:59 pm

Good job Rachel !
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by aviej Sun May 17, 2020 8:40 pm

Totally agree with Rachel here.
aviej
aviej

Back to top Go down

Post by alwayscooking Sun May 17, 2020 8:41 pm

I hope everyone that is calling Hannah out on this has never listened/downloaded music with this type of language in it, by doing so they are equally as guilty, IMO. By listening/downloading, whatever, you are accepting it, and therefore perpetuating it.

alwayscooking
alwayscooking

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 48 of 80 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 64 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

+77
CHO
iamreal2u
River57
Ilo
Idlemess