SELECT CONTENT

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Page 47 of 80 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 63 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 47 Empty Re: Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Post by Lucas15 Thu May 14, 2020 8:47 am

Sprite wrote:snip
IMO there is a big difference. Nashville is much different from Florida. I think she had an ideal picture in her head and a country singer topped all. I don't think Tyler was the type of guy she was exposed to previously and I'm sure that tptb played with her head regarding him. I'm sure there was some..."are you sure you can trust him?", " he seems like a player". She had brought up the player bit several times throughout the show.
snip

IMO they did whisper things in Hannah's ear that could lead her to not trust Tyler. But I also think that Hannah was comfortable with "a singer" as she has a friend who is also a singer. (Source) IMO there was a reason why they focused on Jed and his musical involvement and gave him so many opportunities to focus on his music.
JMHO

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 47 Empty Re: Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Post by Chgohighlife Thu May 14, 2020 9:53 am

Lucas15 wrote:
Sprite wrote:snip
IMO there is a big difference. Nashville is much different from Florida. I think she had an ideal picture in her head and a country singer topped all. I don't think Tyler was the type of guy she was exposed to previously and I'm sure that tptb played with her head regarding him. I'm sure there was some..."are you sure you can trust him?", " he seems like a player". She had brought up the player bit several times throughout the show.
snip

IMO they did whisper things in Hannah's ear that could lead her to not trust Tyler. But I also think that Hannah was comfortable with "a singer" as she has a friend who is also a singer. (Source) IMO there was a reason why they focused on Jed and his musical involvement and gave him so many opportunities to focus on his music.
JMHO

I’m sure you’re both right but, I place a great deal more responsibility on Hannah for her decision. Her parents and Jed’s family gave her all the reason she needed to go in another direction but, we had already learned about her stubbornness through the very foolish IMO chasing of her first choice Luke, which persisted for weeks and skewed her entire season. He was her co-star until he finally ticked her off. 
I think we’ve seen a great deal of growth in Hannah this past year. Is she smarter and a bit more self aware? I think so. She’s young, she’s got time and she’s growing so, that’s all positive. Many people can’t say the same and are kinda stuck on stupid so, I’m slowly becoming a fan of Hannah because I can see her working hard to develop herself and I know how difficult and painful that can be. All IMO.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu May 14, 2020 1:11 pm

@Chgohighlife I don't disagree. Ultimately, no matter what other people said or how they tried to influence/manipulate Hannah, the final decision rests on her. That said, she is young and I wonder how I would have reacted at that age in the same circumstances with all those forces working against me.

I always liked Hannah. She is like a little sister that makes me crazy at times, but I always found her endearing because she has a good heart, makes fun of herself and seems to accept her mistakes and learn from them. I am stubborn too and am known to dig my heels in when I feel someone is trying to get me to do something. I always think why are you working so hard to get me to do this? It always makes me suspicious, but that is age and experience. I think this was a painful time for her, but she seems to have grown and learned a lot from it. I hope part of that growth is to be more wary of tptb!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by just me Thu May 14, 2020 2:06 pm

This was filmed before Hannah started on the Bachelorette. Interesting- since we know her final choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vCkFlWgRks
just me
just me

Female Posts : 428

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Thu May 14, 2020 2:56 pm

@just me Thanks for bringing this one up! Pretty close to what Jed’s image was and add the music component and Nashville living and she was a goner. That’s the comfort she is referring to. It was comfortable to go with him because she was following all her preconceived notions and beliefs about what she liked instead of truly discovering what values and character she needed or wanted.
It’s clear to me that she had a steep learning curve in realizing she was not really following her ‘ heart’ but a young girl’s naive pipe dreams and slowly had to shed her illusions at great emotional cost. She has matured and gained more confidence into who she is and what are essential qualities in a life partner. Tyler was and remains one who embodied these ‘newer’, never explored qualities and values and it was too foreign for her to jump in at the time.
I’m sure she’s now laughing this whole ‘dirty looking, bearded guy look’ as she has turned on her inner intuition a little more and learned to discern ‘ true heart ‘ behind the looks.
JMOAA
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Sun May 17, 2020 12:42 pm

Surprised this wasn't discussed in here yet. So disappointed in her. The "apology" was bad too. no no

https://twitter.com/monstersandcrit/status/1262024340389990404?s=20
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19230

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun May 17, 2020 1:09 pm

This isn’t the first example of casual racism from Hannah. But it does reinforce my opinion that she is incredibly sheltered, privileged and ignorant.

Last edited by umngirl on Sun May 17, 2020 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 47 87b72b10 Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 47 86669110 Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 47 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Sun May 17, 2020 1:57 pm

bluwavz wrote:Surprised this wasn't discussed in here yet. So disappointed in her. The "apology" was bad too. no no

https://twitter.com/monstersandcrit/status/1262024340389990404?s=20
Agreed!  It told me a lot when she skipped the F word but said the N word with a hard r.  I hope she learns from this and grows.  She isn’t that young anymore and has had enough experiences she should know better.  All imo.

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun May 17, 2020 2:00 pm

It will be a long if ever that she "grows" with that mentality.

@umngirl well said, IMO too!

She really meant it? That's the typical excuse for outright racist idiots. IMO

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71459

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sun May 17, 2020 2:36 pm

When she tried to apologize and put the blame on her brother told me she will not learn or grow from this. She needs to take responsibility of her actions. She just comes across as someone who thinks she is privileged and can do no wrong. JMO
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sun May 17, 2020 3:54 pm

Matt James needs to sit down with her and tell her that just because she grew up hearing that word does not make its use legitimate of an educated and caring person. He needs to tell her how HE feels when he hears someone use it and how HIS impression of Hannah changes when she does. Maybe then she'll get it.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5308

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sun May 17, 2020 4:32 pm

“After a bit, she starts noticing comments calling her out for saying the N-word and gives a lukewarm apology while laughing, saying, "I did? I'm so sorry...I don't think...Maybe it was Patrick [her brother]. Um, anyway..."

But it seems like viewers keep commenting about it, cause a few minutes later Hannah addresses it again, saying:

I really don't think I said that word, I don't think I said that word, but now I'm like, oh god. I'd never use that word. I've never called anybody that. We don't say that word....So, you know what, I'm going to stay here, and y'all can think I said whatever I did or think I'm something I'm not, but I'm not that...Look, people are going to want to think whatever they want to think of me, get mad at me, whatever. And even if I did accidentally say it, I'm very sorry, I was singing a song and not even thinking.”

And then she goes on to talk about her favorite skin care products
https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/tv/a32548596/hannah-brown-n-word-video-twitter-reaction/

She had multiple opportunities during her live to understand the gravity based on fan comments and to use those opportunities to be humble.
JMO her PR will do damage control.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 47 of 80 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 63 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

+77
CHO
iamreal2u
River57
Ilo
Idlemess