SELECT CONTENT

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 3 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:01 pm

@sdmom Wonderful news!! thumbsup

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 3 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:53 pm

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 3 3552228123

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:56 pm

Last week, Amanda Gorman, shared her gift of putting words together in a mysterious way at the US Inauguration. I received this video and thought I would share it. Poetry is indeed special!
This poem comes to us from Canada.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by chasus71 Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:07 pm

My son just earned his associates degree in Environmental Science. To award him for his success we bought him a 2015 Jeep Patriot. He has persevered through so much and we wanted to make sure that he continues to succeed with no worries about how to get from point A to point B.(Trust me he had an old unreliable 1998 jeep cherokee before this and it was on it's last leg).

Now in the fall he will transfer to the University of WA to earn his Bachelor's degree. We are proud parents indeed at least one great thing to come out of 2020!!
chasus71
chasus71

Female Posts : 4265

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:14 pm

@chasus71 Congratulations on your son's graduation and continued success in school.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by chasus71 Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:53 pm

@Norcalgal Thank you very much!!
chasus71
chasus71

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:07 pm

@Norcalgal that is lovely! When she talks about the gym's being closed, that's my son. He's been so frustrated. They closed initially in March, opened for a few weeks in July but have since been closed. He is a gym guy, so he started walking and running. The other day he walked/ran 16kms! 10 miles.

Andrea Dorfman is a screen writer and director. Her first poem became famous too, How to be alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7X7sZzSXYs

@chasus71 Congrats to your son and to you and your family for supporting him! It's nice to see young ones rewarded for hard work. yes

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chasus71 Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:52 pm

@GuardianAngel Thank you vey much. I am a firm believer as a parent of being a big supporter of my kids especially when they are doing great things in spite of obstacles that may be in their path. I am blessed as both my sons are amazing human beings in general.
chasus71
chasus71

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:22 am

It's a great day for Family Day. There's a lot of snow on the ground and another possibly a foot coming by this afternoon into tonight along with a winter storm.  

Hopefully the storm doesn't come in until later tonight as they are predicting so families can enjoy their time out doors. Me? I'm inside with my pup and not moving until I'm sure I'm going to have to shovel snow.  Hugesmile

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 3 Happy-Family-Day-Canada-1200x900

Source
Source

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:24 pm

@GuardianAngel Thanks for the reminder that it is Family Day. I had totally forgotten since it is my regular day off. Because of you I went and checked my schedule on CARM and realized that I have tomorrow off in lieu of today. Without the reminder I would have shown up for work tomorrow! rofl

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:42 pm

@Sprite What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 3 3806527698 I actually didn't even think of it until someone mentioned it to me last week. Family Day? Holy cow, it's that time already? laugh out loud Glad you get the extra day making it two days off in a row.

Stat holidays this past year just come and go without thinking about them since there are no plans!

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:58 pm

@GuardianAngel I will actually get 4 days in a row since every other week I get a 3 day weekend. I will go back on Wednesday and work till Saturday and then I have a whole 3 weeks to do nothing. I had been putting off taking the last half of my vacation in the hopes that Covid would be over and I could go somewhere, but clearly that isn't happening so I had to use it before the end of the fiscal year in March.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3

+13
Fleurdesel
MiniDiva
Jolena
justcallmegranny
albean99