SELECT CONTENT

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 9 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3

Post by Jolena Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:22 pm

I don't know about anywhere else but whats happening around here (NJ) my gas bill is up more then $50.00 per month. electric too., and at the pump is rising faster then ever, it was under 2.00 gal and now it's over 3.00 gal.( looks like it will reach 4.00 sooner rather then later. Noticed the food prices in the grocery store are all up too. People can't be happy about this and it's gonna get worse. Buckle up. Politicians at their best I guess. jmo
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4299

Back to top Go down

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 9 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3

Post by Norcalgal Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:29 pm

@Jolena We are in the country so rely on propane for heating. We always experience about $.80 variation in price per gallon, depending on the season. The colder it is in the east, the more our prices rise out here in the west!

Because I track gasoline and fuel prices for our business, I've seen the rise, too. I attribute it to more people back at work and higher demand for gasoline. Using tolls over the bay area bridges to determine the increase in driving, some bridges are at 90% of pre-pandemic travel. Unfortunately, mass transit is lagging behind this increase - estimates are that it will take 2 years for ridership to reach 2019 levels, furthering the demand for gasoline.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5312

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:16 pm

Everything is up in my area too and I'm in a different country.

IMO it has to do with a pandemic, and everyone loosing billions of dollars a day.

When you have sick workers who can't pick crops, and so many more who are unable to work, demand is high, everything is going to go up. I'm not buying any fruits or vegetables imported from anywhere right now because it's crap. They are in such a rush to export by the time it hits the shelves it's horrible. I can't wait till our local farmers harvest fruits and vegetables, we have the best! Love my local farmers. More people have been home this past year and they have been purchasing more which results in bare shelves. So the demand is high, workers need to work more shifts, which costs more.

People are renovating their homes because they are home due to COVID, lumber is taking weeks to arrive whereas you were able to walk into a lumber store and get what you want. When everything was shut down last year, we were paying .75Cents a litre for gas, prices that haven't been seen in decades. No one was driving, supply was in abundance. Once people started going back to work, demand was high again. We are at 1.25 a litre.

Many utilities in my area have implemented discounts during COVID and waive late fee's.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71468

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:18 pm

Norcalgal wrote:@Jolena We are in the country so rely on propane for heating. We always experience about $.80 variation in price per gallon, depending on the season. The colder it is in the east, the more our prices rise out here in the west!

Because I track gasoline and fuel prices for our business, I've seen the rise, too. I attribute it to more people back at work and higher demand for gasoline. Using tolls over the bay area bridges to determine the increase in driving, some bridges are at 90% of pre-pandemic travel. Unfortunately, mass transit is lagging behind this increase - estimates are that it will take 2 years for ridership to reach 2019 levels, furthering the demand for gasoline.

Just a short while ago the U.S was energy independent , gas prices were dropping  at a fast rate. Stopping the pipeline was not good for America , the workers or for our wallets. jmo

Last edited by Jolena on Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : left out a word)
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4299

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:56 pm

Jolena wrote:snipped

Just a short while ago the U.S was energy independent , gas prices were dropping  at a fast rate. Stopping the pipeline was not good for America , the workers or for our wallets. jmo

Are you sure about that? I don't have time nor the interest to check that but I'm pretty sure the US hasn't been energy independent for years.

I'm pretty sure Canada was the main exporter of oil to the US.

I don't want to make this a political discussion I just don't want any false information posted on our forum.

ETA:

98% of Canada’s oil exports go to the U.S.

https://www.nrcan.gc.ca/science-data/data-analysis/energy-data-analysis/energy-facts/crude-oil-facts/20064

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:58 am

@GuardianAngel your 2nd one isn't until July?? Wow. Over here it's 3-4 weeks after the first one so I go back on May 7th.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 9 1f49c

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 9 8367-910 What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 9 I_got_13 What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 9 E5kqdm15 What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 9 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11973

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:04 pm

@Linds911 I got the Astra Zeneca which states the 2nd dose has to be after 12 weeks later.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chasus71 Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:40 pm

I finished up my vaccinations on THU which was the pfizer vaccine. I only had to wait 3 weeks in between the 1st and 2nd shot.

The first shot, I had no side effects but my last shot, I did experience chills, body aches and some fever the day after. Today I feel so much better. My son also had his second shot on the same day as me and he did suffer the same side effects I did the day after. He too is doing better today.
chasus71
chasus71

Female Posts : 4265

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:29 pm

@chasus71 glad to hear you and your son are done and are feeling better!

I knock on wood, had no side effects at all, not even a sore arm. Hoping for the same after the second round. What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 9 3552228123

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:16 am

@GuardianAngel Ah ok! I don't know if I could wait that long for another dose! Good luck!

My arm was just sore, the next day it hurt to move, that night I couldn't even raise it because it hurt so bad. Thankfully no chills or headaches. Hoping the 2nd dose is the same way I can handle it again. laugh out loud

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 9 1f49c

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 9 8367-910 What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 9 I_got_13 What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 9 E5kqdm15 What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 9 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11973

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun May 02, 2021 8:46 pm

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 9 3806527698

Go to the link to read the thread and then to show this thread for more.

https://twitter.com/Goodable/status/1388183988188106753

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun May 02, 2021 10:07 pm

That’s so fun! What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 9 1122970954

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15322

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3

+13
Fleurdesel
MiniDiva
Jolena
justcallmegranny
albean99