SELECT CONTENT

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 8 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:23 pm

Well no first shot for me today. They called to say they didn't have enough and will call asap to reschedule.

The good news is the day after they called we were advised the pharmacies in my area will be administering the shots. I registered at two local pharmacies plus I'm still registered at the original clinic which is an hour and a half away. The first place to contact me gets my arm!

The second good news is my mother got her first shot yesterday, and thankfully, knock on wood, no side effects at all. yes

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 8 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3

Post by Sprite Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:37 pm

@GuardianAngel Hopefully you will get called ASAP. When I went to get mine shot I was talking to the nurse about how it didn't seem very busy. She said they had been steady all day but they had a lot of open slots.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:25 pm

I think the open slots are due to those 80+ who don't have access to a computer to book their appointments. Something needs to be done about that. It was very busy when my Mother went.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:01 am

@GuardianAngel If you don't have access to a computer you can call to set up an appointment.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:03 pm

Yes a family member called and said it was easy to book over the phone.

I got a call from the out of town clinic today. They will confirm with me tomorrow for a 7pm appointment pm Wednesday. I wanted a Saturday appointment but they might not have enough by Saturday and I'd have to wait for the next delivery. I hope I can get in Wednesday.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:13 pm

@GuardianAngel good luck!
My sons’ wedding is in early June. My husband and I are fully vaccinated. He and his younger brother got the first shot a week ago. Someone who works at a clinic told his fiancée that they usually have extra doses, so she drove two hours one way, waited and got her first shot.

Big sigh of relief! We hope everyone who attends their wedding can get vaccinated. Fingers crossed.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:12 pm

@sdmom Sounds like a plan! I hope it all works out!

I am booked again for Saturday. Fingers crossed!!

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:05 pm

I can finally join the conversation! My parents and grandma have their 2nd doses already. I thought I had to wait until the 15th or later but my pharmacy had extras so I got my first dose yesterday! Guess it helps to be a local at the pharmacy. What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 8 3806527698 So far my arm is sore from the top to where the shot went but otherwise I'm good!

Good luck to the rest who are waiting for their first or second dose.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 8 8367-910 What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 8 I_got_13 What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 8 E5kqdm15 What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 8 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11968

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:00 pm

We had a bit of a scare recently. Our son and his wife are having some kitchen work done and the guy who does it got Covid and worked there 2 days. Luckily the baby was at grandparents both days. The 2nd day, my daughter-in-law was talking to him and he took off his mask (she was wearing hers) to take a drink of water and started coughing and told her that he wasn't feeling well. My son was working in the next room without his mask at that time. She asked the guy if he was vaccinated, which at 70 he should have been, and he said no. He didn't think he had Covid because he could still smell and taste his food. Not sure where he's getting his info but it made me really mad that he put them at risk, especially knowing that they have a baby. no no

Our DIL was fully vaccinated with Phizer and our son was 2 weeks after his 1st Moderna shot and happily they didn't get it. That tells me that vaccines work! What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 8 4256136633

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15306

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:36 pm

@albean99 that was scary! Glad the family is ok.

Even though both hubby and I are fully vaccinated, when people come to our house to do work, I stay upstairs and hubby is forced (by me) to wear two masks to interact with them.
We are not taking any chances before my son’s June wedding.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:39 pm

@Linds911 That's terrific! thumbsup

@albean99 that is so flipping annoying!!!! The gull of some people who are not informed, it's been a year, where have they been??! I'm glad to hear your family are ok.

@sdmom IA I will continue to wear masks, it's a way of life for me.

I got my first shot today with a second appointment booked in July! What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3 - Page 8 1710264613

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:24 pm

@GuardianAngel @Linds911 smileyyay
@albean99 Hope your worrying comes to nothing for your family. I just wish everyone would treat others like they wanted to be treated - with respect!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #3

+13
Fleurdesel
MiniDiva
Jolena
justcallmegranny
albean99