SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 82 of 83 Previous  1 ... 42 ... 81, 82, 83  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 82 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by catalyst Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:59 am

I think it's a good indication that Irena is already moving to Perth - IMO the couples who make that move quickly (like Snezana moving for Sam Wood) are the ones most likely to succeed. The ones who wait to see how things go never pan out. Good luck to them both!

catalyst

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 82 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by leavers Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:03 am

Mmm I just don’t like the dynamic of Locky loving that she’s a nurse because it means she’s caring - not towards others, but towards him - and how she looks after him. Is he looking for an equal or for a replacement Mum? Gross imo. It’s not my jam. Like maybe it works for them but that doesn’t mean I have to like it.

~Say it one more time~
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1341

Back to top Go down

Post by Enough Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:04 am

Luckily Irina is a nurse and she can work anywhere.

Enough

Back to top Go down

Post by oldmcdonald Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:04 am

Yeah but there’s a very big difference between Locky and Sam Wood, or any of the other Bachelor’s. None of them were hooking up or sending messages to any other women whilst filming, so it wouldn’t matter who he picked, whether or not they moved for him or any other factor, the relationship won’t last longer than a year max IMO

oldmcdonald

Female Posts : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by Kas_256 Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:10 am

I think Irena moving to Perth is actually a good sign.
Maybe he’s more serious than we’ve given him credit for?

Regardless her moving gives them the greatest chance of surviving.

Kas_256

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:17 am

@Kas_256 Irena is the one doing the moving though.

If Locky moved to Vic, that would be a different story, but I honestly think he's just kicking his heels in WA till he can hoof it back to Bali.

If he expects Irena to quit another job and follow him when he does... well I don't think they will even last long enough to be an issue TBH.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Kas_256 Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:24 am

Yes I know she’s the one moving @bobette but assume be would have held her off with excuses or tried to delay happening it if he legitimately was faking the relationship or not that invested.

Hopefully he’s not that douch-ie and it’s at least an indication he wants it to work.

Kas_256

Back to top Go down

Post by Enough Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:27 am

Covid makes people adjust or change what they normally do.

Maybe Locky realised his Bali business may not be possible in today environment. Maybe he can start up an adventure company in Perth. But WA is still not opening its border. He may have to find another job. Can't rely on Ch10 as they are broke.

Enough

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:37 am

Exactly right @Enough - he can't do what he really wants to do for the forseeable future so why not just ride the Bach wave out?  IMO if borders were open it would be a very different story.  

To be blunt, I think he's got nothing better to do right now, and with Irena the one doing all the moving and sacrificing time with her family then it's really no great effort for him to play along is it.

That said, what I have liked about Locky as Lead is he really seemed to be up for anything.  I didn't see the same kind of agonising and awkwardness that I've seen with some past Leads.

IMO he handled coming back from lockdown WAY better than the girls and slotted right back into Bach mode - TPTB were lucky to have him IMO or it could have been an even BIGGER disaster.  laugh out loud

Still not the worst Lead we've had, but the worst season IMO, due mainly to screwed up editing (overly stretched first third of season, overly rushed/truncated last third, mess in the middle).

And please TPTB, never guarantee someone a spot in the final two again - the fakeness is just too obvious (not the first time they've done it either - they made Carlin the same offer IMO).
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Bachbee Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:07 am

What a waste this season was. Irena can do so much better than Locky, I think he wants a good little house wife at home, raising his spawn while he picks up women at the bar and dissapears for weeks on a hike Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 82 1f637
Bachbee
Bachbee

Female Posts : 517

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:23 am

Aww, come on! Wish the happy couple lots of luck.

We all know that this show has evolved into a “who wants to be a D-list Celeb” more than who’s looking for love...

So if Irena wants to move for love and Locky co-signs then hip hip hooray

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:23 am

Well that was certainly...an interesting ending. All I can say is thanks to @Bobette and all the other members here for your sleuthing who are the reason that I placed a Sportsbet bet on Irene at 5 to 1 odds before the season started - I will be having a good weekend!
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 82 of 83 Previous  1 ... 42 ... 81, 82, 83  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+36
Cari
Bookworm
Sundy
AllAboutLove
Maddy
Dumb
LoveDovez
ideas_ideas
rosefun
limoncello
amylou