SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Dec 15 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Dec 15 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 15 Empty Re: Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Dec 15 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by sdmom Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:22 am

@HEA I agree with you. It’s not that I don’t agree the girl is cute or they had a good time. Obviously she’s important to Brendan, but so are Zac’s parents, Ivan’s patents, Ben’s sister, but none of them were part of their daily activities.

I just wonder when  so many of them want to have a 1-1 date with Tayshia, and contrast to normal years when many of the contestants would have two dates before hometown, isn’t alone time with the lead more precious in this shorten season? Especially Brendan’s 1-1 was so long ago!

All Jmo.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Dec 15 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 15 Empty Re: Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Dec 15 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Sprite Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:35 am

I agree with both of you @HEA and @sdmom. To me it was like when at FDs they have people as part of the date or are surrounded by people. It usually means the lead is trying to avoid spending time with that person. They could have done all those things without the child. It was unnecessary and diminished the amount of precious time they get alone together when they are getting closer to the crucial decision time.

I have to say that this was one of my favourite MTP episodes. Not only were all the families lovely, but there was no "awkward" family doing weird things...like with dead birds...and no family getting abnoxious/aggressive towards the lead. Maybe because of Covid production had to concentrate on how to safely do HTDs that weren't, they didn't have time for their usual shenanigans.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by luvstx Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:54 am

@Sprite I totally agree with you (and HEA and sdmom) on this. Great episode with great families with a great lead and great contestants. Loving this season!

I did have a moment, though, during Zac's HTD when I thought, "This brother is questioning Tayshia and this process but TPTB are not hyping it or throwing him under the bus." It felt like he got away with his skepticism in ways other siblings and family's have not (Ashley's sister, Des' brother, etc.).
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by philphan Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:14 am

I agree Sprite. I thought having the niece on the date was a way for Tayshia to avoid intimate moments with Brendan. Maybe Tayshia already knew Brendan wasn’t going to be the one at the end?? This is why I think this was producer or Tayshia driven.

Don't sweat the small stuff....Strive to live by the Golden Rule
philphan
philphan

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:33 pm

Brendan’s divorce storyline is all about the dealbreaker of his ex-wife not wanting children and from what he shared it appears he didn’t know that until they went into couples counselling. During the family date he said (was it to his brother or an ITM?) that he had wanted to be a young father  but still wasn’t at 30.
This sounds like a male biological clock plot line. His relationship priority is having children. For that reason it’s no surprise IMO that his niece was on the day portion of the date. I do agree that having her there all day then the night being with his family didn’t allow for any time as a couple. This was only their 2nd 1-1. Maybe they did have alone time and it wasn’t shown. We didn’t see Tayshia and Zac design their shoes so it’s possible we didn’t see part of Brendan’s date.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:56 pm

jojo47 wrote:After this epi, I believe that Tayshia did initially want Brendan most - but only for part of her season. I think she became uncertain or scared of this relationship, while her connection with Zac became easier & more comfortable. I believe Zac will be F1 & Ivan the heartbroken F2.

Hi, @jojo47 hi  I agree with you. It was Brendan until it was Zac, and then Tayshia fell hard for Zac such that it altered her other relationships, imo.

A few additional thoughts about the season:
1. Former contestants, like Rachel, Lauren & Arie, JP, JoJo, and Ashley I., comment about the way they view the show differently after having been on it. IMO, that means that TPTB orchestrate interactions and dynamics, hopefully informed by the lead's preferences, but sometimes to agitate the lead in a certain direction. The 1:1 portions of the HTDs this season, imo, were aimed at giving Tayshia a glimpse of life with certain men, the everyday-at-home-cooking with Ivan and the trip-to-NY with Zac, especially. In that vein, Brendan's date and Ben's reticence, imo, were encouraged by TPTB. More on Ben after the season wraps.

2. IMO, moving the last two seasons' FRC to remote locations (maybe Hannah's, too?) intends to curtail spoiling the season. I might be wrong, but Tayshia's ITM at the end of Zac's date where she says, "Zac and I are good," could be a little easter egg from the producers that Zac and Tayshia are ok.

3. It looks like maybe Tayshia has done pick-up PIs at Nemacolin?? The ones with the backdrop that includes the crystal chandelier? In those, she's glowing when talking about Zac.

@notarose, good points about Brendan's storyline.
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:28 pm

@notarose @veg_out @sdmom  good points.

Note... yes! What happened with the knickers? I was looking forward to see that. hmmm

I do not remember hearing Zac and I are good. Was it during ITM after or during The HTD?

Also, don’t the contestants have to fill in forms and explain what kind of date they will offer at HTD, people and activities way back when they are selected?

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:04 pm

Sprite wrote:I agree with both of you @HEA and @sdmom. To me it was like when at FDs they have people as part of the date or are surrounded by people. It usually means the lead is trying to avoid spending time with that person. They could have done all those things without the child. It was unnecessary and diminished the amount of precious time they get alone together when they are getting closer to the crucial decision time.

I have to say that this was one of my favourite MTP episodes. Not only were all the families lovely, but there was no "awkward" family doing weird things...like with dead birds...and no family getting abnoxious/aggressive towards the lead. Maybe because of Covid production had to concentrate on how to safely do HTDs that weren't, they didn't have time for their usual shenanigans.

The bolded is what I have in mind, but reversed: maybe it’s Brendan who subconsciously didn’t want to be with Tayshia intimately, physically and/or emotionally, because he was overwhelmed and not ready. IMO of course.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:57 pm

@HEA, the "Zac & I are good" PI is said when she says goodbye to him after his HTD.

IMO, the story arcs of Tayshia and Zac are tied up in each other rather than the separate arcs of some of the other contestants. I suspect that we'll see an obstacle emerge in the final episode where Tayshia and Zac start to have second thoughts about their relationship spurred by her father's input and the return of Ben: Is it real? Can it survive in the real world? Should we get engaged or slow down?

By creating doubt, it sets both Zac and Tayshia on edge so that the FRC is their conflicts' resolution; it also causes the audience to stay invested to see the ending.

The story arcs for the season are the main reason that I believe Zac is Tayshia's F1.
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:08 pm

luvstx wrote:@Sprite I totally agree with you (and HEA and sdmom) on this.  Great episode with great families with a great lead and great contestants.  Loving this season!

I did have a moment, though, during Zac's HTD when I thought, "This brother is questioning Tayshia and this process but TPTB are not hyping it or throwing him under the bus."  It felt like he got away with his skepticism in ways other siblings and family's have not (Ashley's sister, Des' brother, etc.).
I have to be honest I thought Zac’s brother was rather harsh. I was okay with him even when he said “ you didn’t answer the question” but then after that I did feel he was rude to Tayshia. jmo

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:32 pm

gabriele, I see your point, for sure, about the interaction.

The good news: With both Zac's brother and his dad, Tayshia held her own and stood her ground as she also did when challenged by Ivan's father. She even pushed back when Zac questioned her blueberry pick and later affirmed to him, "I can be myself," when he gave her advice prior to meeting his parents.

Tayshia, imo, has shown her strength and independence, particularly when in a dating relationship–she's her own person, not needing to adopt the habits, beliefs, or preferences of anyone to avoid conflict (please also see @gabriele 's reminder about Tayshia's experience in the OC–thank you  PINKHEART ).

She also speaks up for herself in a way that invites the other person to hear her.

Last edited by veg_out on Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:48 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : edited to clarify context and to add note)
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 16 - Clare Crawley & Tayshia Adams - Dec 15 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+21
2observe
albean99
moonlightonight
Jaybird
limoncello