SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - July 19 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

5 - Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - July 19 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 11 Empty Re: Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - July 19 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:29 pm

@jen689 Thank you.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71478

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

5 - Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - July 19 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 11 Empty Re: Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - July 19 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Guest Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:33 am

Here are my thoughts...  I think they wanted to bring in Blake to stir the pot and it's back firing on them now.  I think they thought everyone was going to just fall in love with Blake and Katie and it's not happening.  Greg has only been on one season and has more followers on Instagram than Blakes has. Greg post one picture and gets 150K likes and Blake post his and Katies 1:1 and gets only 40K likes.   It seems to me that when Bachelor Nation & Abc Bachelorette post people go crazy for Greg on the Instagram & Facebook post.  Like Literally.   Not much Blake support.  Heck even twitter has been pretty harsh on Blake.  Someone noticed that the ABC Bachelorette ad Bach Nation took down the picture of Katie & Blake on their 1:1.  It was also mentioned that in the previews they show Katie & Blake making out on the couch and they cut that completely out the last episode.  I find this VERY strange.   They even showed Katie said she felt she wasn't as far as long with Blake as the other guys.  So just like that in the snap of the fingers everyone is suppose to fall in love with Blake.  If Katie is honestly upset over Greg leaving like literally how can she 4 days later get engaged.  This is all very confusing to me.  I know what RS has said but it honestly it doesn't make sense to me.   All I have seen with Katie and Blake is majority physical. In their first 1:1 in which I'm pretty sure production had Blake ask her about why she was sex positive and that's about the only real conversation that we have seen.  Just like why was Brendan there until this last episode?

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:46 am

SpecialK wrote:Here are my thoughts...  I think they wanted to bring in Blake to stir the pot and it's back firing on them now.  I think they thought everyone was going to just fall in love with Blake and Katie and it's not happening.  Greg has only been on one season and has more followers on Instagram than Blakes has. Greg post one picture and gets 150K likes and Blake post his and Katies 1:1 and gets only 40K likes.   It seems to me that when Bachelor Nation & Abc Bachelorette post people go crazy for Greg on the Instagram & Facebook post.  Like Literally.   Not much Blake support.  Heck even twitter has been pretty harsh on Blake.  Someone noticed that the ABC Bachelorette ad Bach Nation took down the picture of Katie & Blake on their 1:1.  It was also mentioned that in the previews they show Katie & Blake making out on the couch and they cut that completely out the last episode.  I find this VERY strange.   They even showed Katie said she felt she wasn't as far as long with Blake as the other guys.  So just like that in the snap of the fingers everyone is suppose to fall in love with Blake.  If Katie is honestly upset over Greg leaving like literally how can she 4 days later get engaged.  This is all very confusing to me.  I know what RS has said but it honestly it doesn't make sense to me.   All I have seen with Katie and Blake is majority physical.  In their first 1:1 in which I'm pretty sure production had Blake ask her about why she was sex positive and that's about the only real conversation that we have seen.  Just like why was Brendan there until this last episode?  
Nick V came in after the season had started and that caused a fan base uproar.  Becca T and Amber returned a 2nd time on night 1 of Ben’s season and a general fan response was that they already had their chance. Recently Heather returned later in the season to join Matt’s cast and many fans weren’t happy.  Historically, any alumni that returns for a new season gets a noticeable amount of negative fan feedback.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:54 am

SpecialK wrote:Here are my thoughts...  I think they wanted to bring in Blake to stir the pot and it's back firing on them now.  I think they thought everyone was going to just fall in love with Blake and Katie and it's not happening.  Greg has only been on one season and has more followers on Instagram than Blakes has. Greg post one picture and gets 150K likes and Blake post his and Katies 1:1 and gets only 40K likes.   It seems to me that when Bachelor Nation & Abc Bachelorette post people go crazy for Greg on the Instagram & Facebook post.  Like Literally.   Not much Blake support.  Heck even twitter has been pretty harsh on Blake.  Someone noticed that the ABC Bachelorette ad Bach Nation took down the picture of Katie & Blake on their 1:1.  It was also mentioned that in the previews they show Katie & Blake making out on the couch and they cut that completely out the last episode.  I find this VERY strange.   They even showed Katie said she felt she wasn't as far as long with Blake as the other guys.  So just like that in the snap of the fingers everyone is suppose to fall in love with Blake.  If Katie is honestly upset over Greg leaving like literally how can she 4 days later get engaged.  This is all very confusing to me.  I know what RS has said but it honestly it doesn't make sense to me.   All I have seen with Katie and Blake is majority physical.  In their first 1:1 in which I'm pretty sure production had Blake ask her about why she was sex positive and that's about the only real conversation that we have seen.  Just like why was Brendan there until this last episode?  

I get the confusion, especially since Blake isn't all in at this point of the season. Greg appears to be the clear F1 at this point. My guess is that if the rumors are true that Desiree is brought in to talk to Katie (either in-person, or more likely virtually,) it's because the producers saw a similar situation to Des's being played out, where the "heartbreaker" (Greg/Brooks) leaves abruptly, and the cast member with the slow burn (Blake/Chris) ends up winning in the end. As we've seen with Desiree, this scenario can end up working nicely for everyone.

I'm not sure that it matters much that Blake isn't as popular as Greg. If Blake ends up with Katie, there will be a synergy between the two of them that will create a new dynamic. BN does love a successful couple.

I'm just hoping at this point that if Greg leaves, he's not the next Bachelor. I think I would look forward to that even less than I did with Colton.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by pbmax Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:13 pm

Confusing to a few of us also. Brendan was still there because she had to get rid of those tatter tellers. If Blake is F1 it's because he's the only left.
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by CHO Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:25 pm

Totally agree - very well said !! After such a major clashing, Katie - imo - needs to take some time out !
CHO
CHO

Back to top Go down

Post by CHO Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:30 pm

I think that's what is unsettling about Blake being F1. He is the only one left. And we haven't seen a lot to help us think there was anything serious going on with Blake. When he arrived and for quite a while after he arrived - Katie was crazy about Greg...
And then her sister saying - if he doesn't propose, she won't make it...
Does she have enough strength to enjoy Blake and see if anything is there - but as far as an engagement - hold off ?
CHO
CHO

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:18 pm

Unfortunately production doesn’t care about the contestants beyond how they fit in their storylines. Greg is Katie’s heartbreaker & Blake will provide the proposal Katie has been talking about all season. The show will be edited to provide the most dramatic effect for this outcome. Blake seems like a good guy, but this is his third lead. Regardless of how nice or sincere he is this time around, viewers will have a harder time warming to him.

I understand your confusion & the show’s edit at this point really doesn’t support an engagement with anyone but Greg. They have a lot of work to do in a short period of time to make an engagement to Blake believable so that he doesn’t appear as the default. JMO
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:50 pm

jojo47 wrote:snipped

Unfortunately production doesn’t care about the contestants beyond how they fit in their storylines. Greg is Katie’s heartbreaker & Blake will provide the proposal Katie has been talking about all season. The show will be edited to provide the most dramatic effect for this outcome. Blake seems like a good guy, but this is his third lead. Regardless of how nice or sincere he is this time around, viewers will have a harder time warming to him.

I understand your confusion & the show’s edit at this point really doesn’t support an engagement with anyone but Greg. They have a lot of work to do in a short period of time to make an engagement to Blake believable so that he doesn’t appear as the default. JMO

Re the bold. ITA There have been plenty of leads and F1's run over by the bus due to editing. If Greg is the fan favourite and they do have a big blow out I expect Katie and Blake to be the bad guys, just like Rachel and Bryan vs the beloved F2 who could do no wrong.

I expected to see a big blow out between Blake and Brandan, a storyline for sure, but there wasn't anything at all.

To me they are putting doubt on Blakes' intentions. I never thought any contestant would say they aren't in love right now (just him being true to himself or scripted to throw doubt to the viewers) At this point in the show they are all falling over the lead with ILY's.

Greg seems to me to be very insecure not sure of himself, and I don't even think he's ready for a long term relationship.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71478

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by pbmax Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:20 pm

I heard Katie say in a interview, something like if you're hesitant about proposing then you're not ready. Something that made me go hmmm.
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaybird Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:37 pm

@GuardianAngel you summarized the situation well… :yes: and why it seems so unsatisfying to me. She’s putting so much effort into Greg and he doesn’t seem like proposal material at all from what I see. The tentative, low  voice is not showing ILY vibes IMO. Katie seems to carry the relationship.  

Things seem effortless with Blake, crazy chemistry, she’s very into him, but we’re not seeing a love story (yet, IMO). At this point it’s hard to get excited about any proposal ending.

And hey, @pbmax , haven’t seen you in a while handwave

Jaybird

Female Posts : 727

Back to top Go down

Post by pbmax Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:07 am

Jaybird wrote:@GuardianAngel you summarized the situation well… :yes: and why it seems so unsatisfying to me. She’s putting so much effort into Greg and he doesn’t seem like proposal material at all from what I see. The tentative, low  voice is not showing ILY vibes IMO. Katie seems to carry the relationship.  

Things seem effortless with Blake, crazy chemistry, she’s very into him, but we’re not seeing a love story (yet, IMO). At this point it’s hard to get excited about any proposal ending.

And hey, @pbmax , haven’t seen you in a while handwave

handwave It's been a while.
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - July 19 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+24
officeRules
Aunties_Love
Billysmom
mizzoufan
albean99