SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 18 - Michelle Young - Nov 2 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 18 - Michelle Young - Nov 2 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 5 Empty Re: Bachelorette 18 - Michelle Young - Nov 2 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Idlemess Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:29 am

mizzoufan wrote:I just adore Rodney!!! I'm shocked he was passed over as the lead. Considering we aren't getting much from Clayton. Jmo

IMO, the show wasn’t going to have a back to back POC as Lead. So the standard prototype was necessary to preserve their audience.

I’m intrigued by the social media following of the POC compared to their White counterparts

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 18 - Michelle Young - Nov 2 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 5 Empty Re: Bachelorette 18 - Michelle Young - Nov 2 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by bluwavz Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:42 am

https://youtu.be/eTN7e9lpIpk
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19230

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:47 am

Interesting episode last night. I really liked the 1st GD. the guys looked good in their flight suits and Michelle just looked good. I was thinking that while she jumped gracefully off the wing that I'd need to see a medic because I'm sure I'd have twisted an ankle doing that. giggling I felt for Will because I wouldn't have done well in that g-force simulator. Peter couldn't stand it so had to be a jerk later in the night. How does he think that plays well? Hopefully they had the jacket cleaned for Will. I was surprised that Martin got the GD rose but maybe because I don't feel I knew him.

Rodney's date was fun although they should have left out the poor guy getting naked. Not sure why they think that's a good thing. It was a short date which doesn't probably bode well for him in the long run. I really liked when they were telling each other about their pasts. I can now see why he goes as far as he does. What a nice guy!

I also liked the other GD and enjoyed the spoken word poems. Jamie really showed his true colors in his pm's and didn't even bother doing a poem. Does he not realize that he's on camera at all times and it will be used? It appears that he was assuming he'd be the f1. Yikes. no no Michelle won the night for me with her poem that really told her story.  :claphands

Some favorites from the RC: Nayte calling out Jamie after Rick told them that he was the one who "spilled" to Michelle the previous week. I also liked that he didn't want to continue talking about him without letting Jamie tell his side. I thought Michelle handled it all very well when Jamie clearly lied to her and sent him packing. Another favorite was that Peter went home! I thought for sure that he and Will would be in a 2 in 1 date.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15323

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:44 pm

Ratings:

For ABC, “The Bachelorette” from 8 to 10 averaged a 0.6 rating and 2.6 million total viewers. At 10, “Queens” had a 0.3 rating and 1.2 million total viewers.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ratings-nbc-voice-la-brea-161058649.html
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19230

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:21 am

I enjoyed the dates. Both Jamie and Peter were in self-destruct mode with their overblown egos. I didn't understand Jamie's remark about Michelle being in spring break mode. Has he never seen the show before? Dating and getting to know a bunch of people is what it's all about. I appreciated Nayte saying that, given Peter's behavior, he felt it necessary to "take a few steps back" from him.

Rodney is a sweetie, but I think Mollique was on target with his remarks that Rodney is a "great guy" whom Michelle had "friend zoned." That had been my feeling as a viewer, but it was interesting to see that at least one of the guys in the house felt that way as well.

I have to admit that I'm curious about Clayton. He's good looking, well built, and from the edit, also well-spoken and presentable. But we haven't seen much of him at all. Before the season, the producers made it seem like it would be obvious why he was picked. But for right now, there's just not enough footage to make the call as a viewer. Perhaps that will change as the season goes on.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:08 am

I noticed the guys who got GD roses, both did something extra: Martin pulled Michelle aside to check on her; Brandon pulled her upstage for his poem. Those little gestures mean a lot to Michelle.

Rodney’s 1-1 date is short! Normally they have a day activity then dress up for a romantic dinner but his seems like half day only. I agree he’s friend zoned! Just compare the way she kisses him and Brandon.

Did Brandon say he’s falling in love with her already? With two back to back GD roses and got to meet her parents before MTP, I think he’s the over-confident, too much too soon F2. We shall see!

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:37 pm

I finally got to watch this episode last night. A few observations: Jamie talked about how things would play out on the episodes for the viewers which I thought was strange since he supposedly never watched the show. I wonder if Peter was a producer fave because he was so annoying to have lasted even as long as he did. Clayton kind of insisting that Michelle "spin" with him came across as bossy to me. I'm still not seeing the appeal. On the up side, I liked how Nate and Rick handled the reveal to Jamie. Brandon is so smitten, my heart will break with his when he goes. Michelle is glorious in how she handles everything. Thankfully she still has some good guys there and that's all it takes. Still like Joe.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:40 am

pavalygurl wrote:I finally got to watch this episode last night.  A few observations: Jamie talked about how things would play out on the episodes for the viewers which I thought was strange since he supposedly never watched the show.  I wonder if Peter was a producer fave because he was so annoying to have lasted even as long as he did.  Clayton kind of insisting that Michelle "spin" with him came across as bossy to me.  I'm still not seeing the appeal.  On the up side, I liked how Nate and Rick handled the reveal to Jamie.  Brandon is so smitten, my heart will break with his when he goes.  Michelle is glorious in how she handles everything.  Thankfully she still has some good guys there and that's all it takes.  Still like Joe.

Yeah, for real. Memo to Clayton: Never, ever insist that a woman do any particular thing. It comes off as abusive.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 18 - Michelle Young - Nov 2 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+11
Idlemess
philphan
quietpal
luvstx
Sprite