SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 20 - Charity Lawson - Aug 14 - MTA - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 20 - Charity Lawson - Aug 14 - MTA - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 5 Empty Re: Bachelorette 20 - Charity Lawson - Aug 14 - MTA - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by ariwolf Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:56 am

luvstx wrote:
chasus71 wrote:
eusebeia wrote:The preview did show Joey walking away from  Charity (at the FRC?) as if he'd been dismissed, so if we go by the rule that whatever they show the opposite happens, then maybe Joey IS F1.  I hope so, but I'm usually wrong.  

That was him walking from MTP and not FRC. They never showed either guy walking up to FRC.

Have we ever had so little footage of the F2 guys on FRC Day???

Not sure what that means but it's an interesting edit.

probably because there's still technically 3 guys left and they want to keep up the suspense that she takes aaron back imo
ariwolf
ariwolf

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 20 - Charity Lawson - Aug 14 - MTA - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 5 Empty Re: Bachelorette 20 - Charity Lawson - Aug 14 - MTA - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by luvstx Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:37 am

ariwolf wrote:
luvstx wrote:
chasus71 wrote:
eusebeia wrote:The preview did show Joey walking away from  Charity (at the FRC?) as if he'd been dismissed, so if we go by the rule that whatever they show the opposite happens, then maybe Joey IS F1.  I hope so, but I'm usually wrong.  

That was him walking from MTP and not FRC. They never showed either guy walking up to FRC.

Have we ever had so little footage of the F2 guys on FRC Day???

Not sure what that means but it's an interesting edit.

probably because there's still technically 3 guys left and they want to keep up the suspense that she takes aaron back imo

I'm bummed that a good chunk of the finale episode will obviously be taken up with Aaron nonsense. I find all of it interesting though annoying.
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:54 am

I enjoyed last evening's show. I especially enjoyed the lack of shouting and people talking over each other. I thought the show was well-paced, fun, and had a good variety things to cover.

Pete -- an unfortunate situation. He really must have hit the guys the wrong way. It was nice to see the apology.

Brayden -- went as expected. As far as villains go, I don't mind him. He keeps things lively.

Xavier -- there was really nothing for him to do here but apologize, say that he was putting work in, and vow to do better. When he was speaking on his own, he was on-track to accomplish that. But when he was speaking with Charity, his explanation fell apart. I do feel for him in that he says he can't stop thinking about Charity. Maybe this will spur him on to some badly-needed personal growth.

Gerry -- he was the highlight of the show for me. I loved how the guys supported him.

The previous Bachelorettes -- great to see them. Des's season was my first watching the show, so I still have a soft spot for her in particular.

The Bachelor contenders -- I thought that John came off the best. The camera loves him, and he got a lot of air time.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by luvstx Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:04 am

@Amethyst I have to agree with you. One of the better MTA/WTAs thanks to the general lack of stupid drama this season.

Xavier - went down a few notches for me after they replayed their conversation in WA. No excuse for him not to have told her sooner about his infidelity. And Charity clearly wasn't having it with Xavier. The look on her face at the close of his hot seat said it all to me.
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by luvstx Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:06 am

Another funny moment last night....

When they showed Brayden's footage with Kat Izzo on BIP. He was squirming and kept looking towards the guys. I was then reminded that spoilers have connected Kat to one of the other guys from Charity's season post-BIP. Guessing Brayden was very uncomfortable that they showed that in front of her new man....
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by honeydiors Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:37 am

luvstx wrote:Another funny moment last night....

When they showed Brayden's footage with Kat Izzo on BIP.  He was squirming and kept looking towards the guys.  I was then reminded that spoilers have connected Kat to one of the other guys from Charity's season post-BIP.  Guessing Brayden was very uncomfortable that they showed that in front of her new man....
Yeah Kat is currently with John Henry
honeydiors
honeydiors

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:56 am

luvstx wrote:@Amethyst I have to agree with you.  One of the better MTA/WTAs thanks to the general lack of stupid drama this season.

Xavier - went down a few notches for me after they replayed their conversation in WA.  No excuse for him not to have told her sooner about his infidelity.  And Charity clearly wasn't having it with Xavier.  The look on her face at the close of his hot seat said it all to me.

I agree with your thoughts on Xavier. And watching Charity's facial expressions has been one of the highlights of the season for me. She is so transparent. The look of sheer horror and disbelief on her face during Xavier's FSD in Fiji was amazing. And the look of pure "ick" when she was sitting on the sofa with him at MTA was terrific as well.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:48 am

One of the better MTA, even if Brayden was featured too much! I loved how the guys get along and could issue an apology when needed and laugh at themselves. You can see they ended as friends, which is great as only one of them may end up with Charity.

Laughed at the shrimp boat driver calling Charity - Chastity! He did it several times! Even Charity laughed. Laughed really hard at John in his birthday suit, walking out covering up his jewels. Those guys rocked the Ken costumes! Loved seeing the former bachelorettes - Des was a knockout! I felt Deanna was anxious about being there. And Gerry - what a sweetheart. I teared up when he spoke of his wife and how quickly she succumbed. So many have stories of finally retiring, only to have their plans derailed with illness and death. Gerry is just endearing! What a great choice for their first golden bachelor!

I want to focus on Xavier, whom many want to crucify. The guy is obviously smart and talented (music, knitting, works out, etc). I suspect things have come pretty easy to him and that includes women. I do not fault someone who is 'dating' for cheating, I may lose some respect for the cheater as I believe honesty and transparency are admirable qualities. But having 3 sons, maturation comes later for them than women. It is the rare man who shows maturity about matters involving their little brain before they are 30. (Shout out to Zach Shallcross who showed us that.)

I also think Xavier has not had to articulate his feelings as much as he did with Charity. He knew he loved her but he knew he had to be honest with her. He just went about it in the wrong way. When we saw Xavier with Charity and compared their interactions to Joey and Dotun, we knew he wasn't her person. So whether he was let go at HT or on FSD, it really didn't matter - except to Charity and everyone else who wants to crucify him.

I felt Xavier seemed embarrassed that the whole TV world knows he was unfaithful. His body language showed he did not want to be there. He was man enough to show up, admit his faults and tell us it's not who he wants to be when he is serious about his future wife. Everyone learns lessons in life - some more than others and some earlier than others. IMO, this experience has been a good teacher to him. We have seen so many contestants go on to redeem themselves based on lessons learned here. I have a feeling he'll be in that group.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5309

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:03 pm

Linds911 wrote:@Maddy I gave up waiting around 8:30 will just watch the whole MTA on Hulu. I saw some of it though, did they show the whole episode or just like the last hour?
Don't blame you, it was totally crazy, and they didn't even say what to do, to wait or give up, I was not interested in their new at all! no no After 9 pm when they kept talking, I just couldn't believe it and was ready to give up waiting. But from 9:06 pm they all of a sudden started showing it. It was all crazy how it was done with the braking news all of a sudden for longer than an hour. But they did show the whole episode till 11:06 pm. And they kept advertising the next show after that till they cut it to the news. I don't know what they are going to do with that show next, we'll see. But it's not the first time they are doing something like that. Something like that happened during some season too. I just hate it, when they do it like that! no
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:34 pm

Norcalgal wrote:One of the better MTA, even if Brayden was featured too much! I loved how the guys get along and could issue an apology when needed and laugh at themselves. You can see they ended as friends, which is great as only one of them may end up with Charity.

Laughed at the shrimp boat driver calling Charity - Chastity! He did it several times! Even Charity laughed. Laughed really hard at John in his birthday suit, walking out covering up his jewels. Those guys rocked the Ken costumes! Loved seeing the former bachelorettes - Des was a knockout! I felt Deanna was anxious about being there. And Gerry - what a sweetheart. I teared up when he spoke of his wife and how quickly she succumbed. So many have stories of finally retiring, only to have their plans derailed with illness and death. Gerry is just endearing! What a great choice for their first golden bachelor!

I want to  focus on Xavier, whom many want to crucify. The guy is obviously smart and talented (music, knitting, works out, etc). I suspect things have come pretty easy to him and that includes women. I do not fault someone who is 'dating' for cheating, I may lose some respect for the cheater as I believe honesty and transparency are admirable qualities. But having 3 sons, maturation comes later for them than women. It is the rare man who shows maturity about matters involving their little brain before they are 30. (Shout out to Zach Shallcross who showed us that.)

I also think Xavier has not had to articulate his feelings as much as he did with Charity. He knew he loved her but he knew he had to be honest with her. He just went about it in the wrong way. When we saw Xavier with Charity and compared their interactions to Joey and Dotun, we knew he wasn't her person. So whether he was let go at HT or on FSD, it really didn't matter - except to Charity and everyone else who wants to crucify him.

I felt Xavier seemed embarrassed that the whole TV world knows he was unfaithful. His body language showed he did not want to be there. He was man enough to show up, admit his faults and tell us it's not who he wants to be when he is serious about his future wife. Everyone learns lessons in life - some more than others and some earlier than others. IMO, this experience has been a good teacher to him. We have seen so many contestants go on to redeem themselves based on lessons learned here. I have a feeling he'll be in that group.

@Norcalgal I agree with your post around Xavier & you articulated it so well. I was glad to see he got the opportunity to express himself, both in general & to Charity. I felt sad for him that the FSD experience “messed him up”. He wasn’t the guy for Charity, but he’s still a good guy.
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:54 pm

It was too much Brayden as I suspected but he came across better than some of the guys. He was very annoying during the season and I'm sure to his fellow bachelors but he seems to be helping himself a bit so will be interesting to see what he's like in BIP. I think he was on the show toward that end plus hoping to get SM followers. Xavior did fine but he just seems not ready to commit at this time, which is fine but he shouldn't go on these types of shows.

I didn't remember Peter but was disappointed in what many of the guys did, including John which surprised me. Sean didn't really do anything to make me like/dislike him any more. I'm assuming he'll be on BIP. I did get a laugh when Jesse told him to leave the hot seat. laugh out loud I really don't think he has a shot at lead and the audience didn't seem thrilled to see him. John B seemed to get the biggest response and maybe Tanner also. I thought they both did great when asked to speak, Tanner in a more serious way and John showing his sense of humor. I could handle either of them as TB but would prefer John partly because I keep saying it's time to have an Asian bachelor and every year it doesn't happen. :fingersarecrossed

I thought Jesse did great as host and Charity also. She handled the guys very well and I have to say that she has way more personality than I gave her credit for after Zach's season. I'm hoping that she found the right guy for her, whichever one it will be. I did really enjoy seeing the former Bachelorettes. Des looked great with her haircut!

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:41 pm

@Norcalgal  I've never been in favor of dragging Xavier down. He's just not ready for a serious relationship, and I think he's come to that realization as well. I also think that he realizes that he may lose a woman that he doesn't want to lose unless he does some maturing. This will be a growing experience for him.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 20 - Charity Lawson - Aug 14 - MTA - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+15
Linds911
honeydiors
Maddy
eusebeia
julychild