SELECT CONTENT

Gerry Turner & Theresa Nist - Golden Bachelor - Discusssion

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gerry Turner & Theresa Nist - Golden Bachelor - Discusssion  - Page 7 Empty Re: Gerry Turner & Theresa Nist - Golden Bachelor - Discusssion

Post by luvstx Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:49 am

My first guess is that they are simply getting a chance to explain that they are going to split time between the two houses but aren’t breaking up. I’m sure they are sick of all the rumors about not living together. And it makes sense to me.
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Gerry Turner & Theresa Nist - Golden Bachelor - Discusssion  - Page 7 Empty Re: Gerry Turner & Theresa Nist - Golden Bachelor - Discusssion

Post by albean99 Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:02 am

Well it's over already. I'm not shocked other than why did they get married in the first place? This must be what RS had heard about. The fact that they didn't move in together or that Theresa didn't leave her job was a big clue and probably for the best since they didn't seem willing to change their lives. It makes me wonder about the Golden Bachelorette because it's really hard to uproot yourself when you have kids and grandkids nearby.
Golden Bachelor divorce: Couple Gerry Turner and Theresa Nist call it quits 3 months after wedding

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by Fan4life Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:35 am

I think I'd be embarrassed. Why do I feel like Theresa may have dodged a bullet? He was so into Leslie until Theresa shared what she did for a living on their final overnight date.

Fan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by provenceguy Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:48 am

The announcement is indeed that they will be divorcing. RS had said we would be hearing an update from Bachelor Nation in the next day or so, and this was it.
provenceguy
provenceguy

Female Posts : 1885

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleurdesel Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:51 pm

I think it's harder to make it work at 70 when you already have your family of children and grand-children close by and as we say family is everything. Unfortunately they should of taught of that before. Just the fact, that even at the end of filming, they never saw each other, was the first red flag. But I am glad that for now, what we see is a united front from both of them annoucing this news.
Fleurdesel
Fleurdesel

Female Posts : 831

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:31 pm

@albean99 I'm not either. I can't remember who it was on here that said they wouldn't last and gave them a year. I am surprised it was over in 3 months. Insane.

I wondering if RS is hearing why it happened?

They had such good press from the Golden Bachelor and now that is down the toilet. I wonder if this will effect filming for the Bette and make it harder to get new cast members?

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:50 pm

Hopefully this news weeds out those who aren’t willing to compromise. That’s one advantage the young have or those without children.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by provenceguy Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:44 pm

Well, I think it's kind of pathetic that they couldn't work things out if "they still love each other".
I feel duped.
provenceguy
provenceguy

Female Posts : 1885

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:46 pm

provenceguy wrote:Well, I think it's kind of pathetic that they couldn't work things out if "they still love each other".
I feel duped.

this is really just my own opinion but I think its easy to say that when you've been together barely at all and never lived together

they might be married on paper but it wasn't really a marriage. JMO

also I've heard a rumour that it wasn't even a legal marriage, but I don't know about that? not sure if its public record or what, if so it would be easy enough to verify

~Say it one more time~
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1340

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:35 am

I thought all along that she was more into him . I do agree it is harder to up and move at 70 especially from the grandkids. Maybe TPTB should try casting contestants for both Golden and regular bachelor and ette, that are within a reasonable distance from the lead, and they might have better success rate. jmo
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4297

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:03 am

Yeah. For all Love is Blind's faults, doing each season in a single city/region is smart

eta: TMZ has obtained the divorce papers, so a legit (legal) marriage and divorce. I'd still argue when the marriage lasted 3 months and you never moved in together its not a marriage but thats just my opinion. Practically an annulment

I wonder how, if at all, it'll affect golden bachelorette? It'll definitely reduce the gravitas of the show, imo. Maybe they should have thrown their weight behind a revamped BiP rather than another GB show

~Say it one more time~
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1340

Back to top Go down

Post by luvstx Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:45 am

@leavers this has to hurt any future Golden Bach or Bette season. I don't think ABC should have pushed the wedding so hard. They might have lasted longer without getting married and TPTB could have milked that for as long as it lasted.

I am sure this divorce will nix many Golden opportunities Gerry and, also, Theresa would have had. I assumed they had lots of sponsorships, commercials, etc. in the works. Doubt those will pan out.

Well, it was fun for them (and us!) while it lasted. I tried to stay optimistic for them but will now honestly say that as the season closed and the wedding happened, my gut feeling about Gerry changed.

I wish them and their families well.
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Gerry Turner & Theresa Nist - Golden Bachelor - Discusssion

+16
suzq
Fleurdesel
gurlbrit
Linds911
pavalygurl