SELECT CONTENT

Gerry Turner & Theresa Nist - Golden Bachelor - Discusssion

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gerry Turner & Theresa Nist - Golden Bachelor - Discusssion  - Page 8 Empty Re: Gerry Turner & Theresa Nist - Golden Bachelor - Discusssion

Post by provenceguy Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:26 am

I wish them well, too, but the whole thing just leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Two grown people couldn't figure out where to live? Seriously?
provenceguy
provenceguy

Female Posts : 1885

Back to top Go down

Gerry Turner & Theresa Nist - Golden Bachelor - Discusssion  - Page 8 Empty Re: Gerry Turner & Theresa Nist - Golden Bachelor - Discusssion

Post by Amethyst Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:30 am

I think it's idiotic that they got married so quickly in the first place. What was the rush? Hopefully they had an ironclad pre-nup.

Having said that, plenty of retired people split their time between two homes. Perhaps the main problem was that Theresa still enjoys working, which would have narrowed their housing options as a couple.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by luvstx Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:58 am

provenceguy wrote:I wish them well, too, but the whole thing just leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Two grown people couldn't figure out where to live? Seriously?

Two grown people who are really in love can figure out where to live....why not do 4 months in NJ, 4 months in Indiana and 4 months travelling or living in a warmer clime? The issue here wasn't that they couldn't figure out where to live. The issue here was one or both of them wasn't in love enough to make it worth.
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:39 pm

My opinion of Gerry changed once it came out that he wasn't exactly as shown. I really think they should have given us more of a true Gerry instead of the fake perfect guy. Now it seems like Joey helped the Bachelor franchise and maybe it could have been a better BIP instead of a Golden Bachelorette like @leavers said. I enjoyed the GB but I don't think they considered the difficulties being unwilling to move would cause. It didn't appear that Leslie or Faith wanted to move either.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:49 pm

The stories that came out afterward about how he treated his former girlfriend were not good. The stories left a big question mark in my mind. I had to wonder if Gary might not be quite as he was presented on the show. Also, the show made it appear that he was financially stable and prosperous, if not borderline wealthy. Again, that appeared to not be the case afterward as other details emerged.

Theresa struck me as being a woman who is very self-sufficient. She can handle her business. If there was anything sketchy about Gary, I don't see her putting up with that.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by luvstx Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:54 pm

I just listened to a good portion of the Almost Famous podcast "The Golden Divorce". Ashley I, Trista and Bob Guiney were talking in the first segment. Trista said that when she heard the news, she reached out to Angie, Gerry's daughter, whom she'd met at the Golden Wedding. She asked Angie to send her dad a virtual hug. Angie said "Well, here's his number. Thank you." So Trista called Gerry. "I personally think it wasn't something.. love could get over." "If one person is living in one place and the other is living in another and they just can't compromise, there's nothing to talk about." "if you're deciding to prioritize where you're living currently then I think it should have been discussed"

My take from this is that Theresa wasn't willing to move and they couldn't compromise.

I think in six months we will learn that Theresa wasn't happy, wasn't willing to move knowing she wasn't happy and he didn't want to live apart. I do remember and interview since the wedding where Gerry expressed frustration (my word, not his) that he wanted to travel and that Theresa wasn't willing to retire.

There's more to this story. And everyone on the podcast believes they were under extreme pressure to get married on live t.v. and that TPTB were hoping to keep this split quiet for as many months as possible as it will hurt The Golden Bachelorette and the franchise in general.
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:40 pm

@luvstx Yeah, I never understood the rush to get married.  Yes, it was cute saying they are old and don't have time to waste,  but they had more compromises to make precisely because they have homes and kids and grandkids. Plus, let's face it, like anyone coming off this show in a relationship,  they barely knew one another. Relax, get to know one another, vist both places. Spend time in each one, Maybe decide to split your time between the two or find a point in between that might work. Dumb. Now they both look dumb/fake and all the goodwill the show got, just went down the toilet.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:37 pm

This whole scenario has reminded me that the premise of the franchise is not necessarily romance or a happy ending, but DRAMA.  Joey's season and Charity's were kind of special in that everyone got something wonderful from them.  They all ended up friends, found their love, and we the audience got to root for honest relationships and friendships.

These seasons were some of the most enjoyable to me.  I wish tptb could save the dramatics for BIP, and not inflict the crazy on Golden contestants, or for that matter, regular season contestants. The show has gotten a boost, Joey brought it to another level, Jesse is a great host. This coming season will have great travel sites also. I hope they learn something from the embarassment this whole event has brought. Gerry Turner & Theresa Nist - Golden Bachelor - Discusssion  - Page 8 3806527698

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:39 pm

I'm sure that there was blame to go on both sides but I don't think Theresa would be happy knowing that Gerry was misrepresented as being quite successful like she is and then finding out it's not true. On the other hand, it's very possible that he thought they'd be able to travel and she was reluctant to retire like he may have thought would happen.

I don't know what will happen with a Golden Bachelorette. I wonder if they'll cancel it and go on with a BIP? Last season's BIP was terrible so there may not be time to do a switch. no idea

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:34 pm

luvstx wrote:snipped ...
There's more to this story.  And everyone on the podcast believes they were under extreme pressure to get married on live t.v. and that TPTB were hoping to keep this split quiet for as many months as possible as it will hurt The Golden Bachelorette and the franchise in general.

THIS is TRUTH. Theresa should have run when they insisted she wear that awful veil! (Not saying it is Gerry who Theresa objected to - just the entire process). I think when a lead professes his love to more than one woman, and in Gerry's case told Leslie she's the one, it sets up a distrustful situation from the start. Perhaps Gerry did tell Theresa all the details and she still professed her love to him. Perhaps she had reservations but thought she was mature enough to get over it. In any case. Theresa continuing to work is a big flag to me - she might want to hit a certain milestone with her retirement before quitting work. I hope she communicated that to Gerry before they were married. It is convenient to focus on this but my suspicions are there were other issues. Whatever - they didn't get too far into it to have much to save, except their pride.

BUT the blood is on the producers hands to spend more time in casting - both Charity and Joey proved that (and to a certain extent so did Zach, whom we seem to have forgotten as he went back to living his regular life with Kaity) an honest, caring individual who knows themselves (looking at you Colton and Clayton) will bring in more viewers and $$$ than having drama and sexiness and whatever.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5309

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:16 am

Yup not surprised at all!! Got married way too fast!! I bet TPTB made them since they saw how much everyone loved watching the season. Bad choice. I agree with all the previous posts on why they couldn't make it work. hmmm no no

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

Gerry Turner & Theresa Nist - Golden Bachelor - Discusssion  - Page 8 8367-910 Gerry Turner & Theresa Nist - Golden Bachelor - Discusssion  - Page 8 I_got_13 Gerry Turner & Theresa Nist - Golden Bachelor - Discusssion  - Page 8 E5kqdm15 Gerry Turner & Theresa Nist - Golden Bachelor - Discusssion  - Page 8 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11971

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:27 am

Now that I've had a chance to think about it a bit more, I doubt that the issue of where to live was the only issue or even the most important issue. But it's a very convenient issue because it doesn't really assign blame to either party. It's a sufficient explanation for media purposes.

If they hadn't gotten married (which I totally believe was pushed by both the producers and the network,) they could have just coasted along for a while more as a "couple" -- long enough to get through the next GB season. No one would have been surprised if they broke up at some point down the road, because that happens. But a quick divorce after a quick wedding is going to raise eyebrows.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Gerry Turner & Theresa Nist - Golden Bachelor - Discusssion

+16
suzq
Fleurdesel
gurlbrit
Linds911
pavalygurl