SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3

Page 56 of 56 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3 - Page 56 Empty Re: Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3

Post by Guest Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:06 am

Nativenewyorker wrote:
Piper61 wrote:
doantam wrote:it is strange that the two strongest contenders are best friends in the house, are not jealous of each other and appears to share things about their dates.

One would think at this stage it is natural to feel a little bit of jealousy if you are really falling in love.

It also seems like, from Arie and Jef's interviews, Arie and Jef segregate themselves from the rest of the guys. All the guys that [/[b]b]left seem to be rooting for Sean. Interesting.
Any links to that affect? Think it's sour grapes? Jealousy if so? I think Joe coming out and saying Emily is into Jef because of his deep pockets was very classless and tacky. Especially since she seemed to like him, but realized they didn't mesh in areas important to her.

It's nice to remind people that it was one of the contestants who left, namely Joe, who first brought up Jef's wealth as a reason for Emily being into him. Some of the other eliminated guys said the same thing. All some people on here did was pick up on it.

I don't think Joe was there long enough to have time to be jealous or bitter. It's too easy to blame it on that. There was a reason why more than one guy thought having a lot of money was important to Emily. They were there.

They were there for like a week though and I think only Joe and Tony mentioned it. They didn't really get to know Emily that well, imo.

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3 - Page 56 Empty Re: Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3

Post by IntanFA14 Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:12 am

Everything is confusing. I'm reading every posts and my head hurts just trying to keep up (or my head was totally out of the loop already, who knows). It is supposed to be just a TV show to watch(albeit it involves real people) and speculate but I'm thinking it would just probably better if I a)don't watch, b)don't speculate, c)don't care or... who am I'm kidding I'm sucked into it. Well played MF, WELL PLAYED indeed.

I like reading every perspective and although I would want to form my own opinion of everything, at this point I'm just gonna have to see how all played out first (the edited part that is) so that I don't get my head in a tizzy. My life is a mess enough to sort out before I try sorting out others. This is of course IMHO. Continue on...

Last edited by IntanFA14 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3 - Page 56 Image4xxi Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3 - Page 56 23325432
I'm a Sagittarius, "Positive" is my middle name..

IntanFA14

Female Posts : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by mnmhughes Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:26 am

IntanFA14 wrote:Everything is confusing. I'm reading every posts and my head hurts just trying to keep up (or my head was totally out of the loop already, who knows). It is supposed to be just a TV show to watch(albeit it involves real people) and speculate but I'm thinking it would just probably better if I'm a)don't watch, b)don't speculate, c)don't care or... who am I'm kidding I'm sucked into it. Well played MF, WELL PLAYED indeed.

I like reading every perspective and although I would want to form my own opinion of everything, at this point I'm just gonna have to see how all played out first (the edited part that is) so that I don't get my head in a tizzy. My life is a mess enough to sort out before I try sorting out others. This is of course IMHO. Continue on...

You said it, exactly! bowdown
mnmhughes
mnmhughes

Female Posts : 8112

Back to top Go down

Post by IntanFA14 Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:36 am

mnmhughes wrote:
IntanFA14 wrote:Everything is confusing. I'm reading every posts and my head hurts just trying to keep up (or my head was totally out of the loop already, who knows). It is supposed to be just a TV show to watch(albeit it involves real people) and speculate but I'm thinking it would just probably better if I'm a)don't watch, b)don't speculate, c)don't care or... who am I'm kidding I'm sucked into it. Well played MF, WELL PLAYED indeed.

You said it, exactly! bowdown

Glad someone noticed :yes:

Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3 - Page 56 Image4xxi Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3 - Page 56 23325432
I'm a Sagittarius, "Positive" is my middle name..

IntanFA14

Female Posts : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:39 am

Bloven wrote:Ok so the whole wedding answer is bothering me now. I'm thinking it was pretty weird. Sweet but so so odd! First he says he doesnt know if Arie is engaged ???? Well I'm pretty sure he would. If he is engaged to Emily than Arie couldn't be and he continues to say they remained friends and he thinks Arie will invite him to the wedding? And the reason he knows for a fact things wouldn't be weird should Arie be engaged to Emily is because why? Does he mean its b/c one of them is engaged to her and they are still cool?! The strangest part of all is him saying he would go to the wedding but wonders if it would be weird for Emily. I took that like he is conceeding that he lost but is concerned she would feel bad with him being ther b/c she didn't pick him but he still wants to go anyway because he loves them both. Random who could have that kinda strength if you fell in love with this girl? no idea

I dunno ... I know many are throwing a parade over this interview so maybe I'm just :sourgrapes: But some of it sounds like he won and some seemed like he could care less. The whole never dating on tv again and not being the Bach made me lean toward him not enjoying his overall expierence.

That part is odd, but since it doesn't come from the full transcript, we are still lacking context. I would wait to see the full transcript before interpreting it; must be in the second half. The summary is from a site that is still acting like Arie actually said he was engaged. Not trustworthy, IMHO.
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by Pattycake92 Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:41 am

Same thing happened with the strategy quote and it turns out Jef said nothing of a strategy. But really, he can't say he knows Arie is not engaged and he can't say that he is so its completely understandable to say that he doesn't know.
Pattycake92
Pattycake92

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:51 am

just logic wrote:
59hawaii wrote:[

If Jef is saying he does not know whether Arie is engaged to Em, then that means Jef is not engaged to Em.

If Jef is engaged to Em, the answer to the question "is Arie engaged?" would be "No, because Em is engaged to me."

If Jef is dating Em, the answer to the question "is Arie engaged?" would be "No, because I'm still dating Em."

So, in conclusion, Jef is not seeing Em at all right now.

Whether Arie and Em are engaged, just dating, not even in contact with each other - he does not know, so he can't answer whether Arie is engaged. In other words, he does not know the status of Arie/Em's relationship at this time.

That's what my logic says based on the answers given. Now, if he's lying, then that's a whole different matter.

I think he was probably sort of joking as in "Well, for all I know maybe he met someone since leaving the show and is engaged".

Yes, the quote is along the lines of, "I don't know if Arie is engaged," not, "I don't know if Arie is engaged to Emily."

dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Back to top Go down

Post by rth3 Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:52 am

Regarding the "engaged" question debate..

When I read the article, I took it as Jef answering truthfully... "I don't know if Arie is engaged." He didn't say to Emily. Neither did Arie, right? He just said that if he were to ask to be the Bachelor, his "fiance" would not approve. He didn't say Emily.

Knowing Jef and Arie, they are totally having fun playing with words here; answering the interviewers question without being specific.

rth3

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:55 am

Tiggerlgh wrote: I am sure going in they told all three of them to act like you are still in the game and dont know the ending (which only one does).

Exactly. And it seems they were told to express their feelings as they were at the time of the upcoming episodes they are discussing (Sean - London, Arie - Croatia, Jef - Prague). I think Jef struggled the most with his wording, though. He may not have chosen every tense exactly as he meant to, ie as told to by producers. Sean's was producer perfect.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:04 am

59hawaii wrote:
jojo47 wrote:
canyonvue wrote:
Bloven wrote:Ok so the whole wedding answer is bothering me now. I'm thinking it was pretty weird. Sweet but so so odd! First he says he doesnt know if Arie is engaged ???? Well I'm pretty sure he would. If he is engaged to Emily than Arie couldn't be and he continues to say they remained friends and he thinks Arie will invite him to the wedding? And the reason he knows for a fact things wouldn't be weird should Arie be engaged to Emily is because why? Does he mean its b/c one of them is engaged to her and they are still cool?! The strangest part of all is him saying he would go to the wedding but wonders if it would be weird for Emily. I took that like he is conceeding that he lost but is concerned she would feel bad with him being ther b/c she didn't pick him but he still wants to go anyway because he loves them both. Random who could have that kinda strength if you fell in love with this girl? no idea

I dunno ... I know many are throwing a parade over this interview so maybe I'm just :sourgrapes: But some of it sounds like he won and some seemed like he could care less. The whole never dating on tv again and not being the Bach made me lean toward him not enjoying his overall expierence.

Obviously, he's going to disguise the truth, so he's doing the best to do that, by saying he doesn't know if Arie's engaged. If he said yes, that would cause problems. If he said no, that would cause problems. What else could he say?

And then he's asked, wonder if it's Emily? So, he has to go along with that and explain how he'd feel and how she might feel, which is either real, or just how he supposes it would be, if it were so.

I'm sure he knows. He just has to answer the question vaguely.

So why wouldn't he just say something like "You know I can't answer that. It would give the ending away." Pretty direct and not speculative or hypothetical in any way. I don't understand the answer he chose to give, especially because he does know the ending.

If Jef is saying he does not know whether Arie is engaged to Em, then that means Jef is not engaged to Em.

If Jef is engaged to Em, the answer to the question "is Arie engaged?" would be "No, because Em is engaged to me."

If Jef is dating Em, the answer to the question "is Arie engaged?" would be "No, because I'm still dating Em."

So, in conclusion, Jef is not seeing Em at all right now.

Whether Arie and Em are engaged, just dating, not even in contact with each other - he does not know, so he can't answer whether Arie is engaged. In other words, he does not know the status of Arie/Em's relationship at this time.

That's what my logic says based on the answers given. Now, if he's lying, then that's a whole different matter.

My impression is Jef iis trying to answer "in the moment". Also, that he is a bit nervous.
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 56 of 56 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3

+100
Nibbles22
schnitzel
jojo47
nikikass
DMBFan