SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3

Page 1 of 56 1, 2, 3 ... 28 ... 56  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3 Empty Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3

Post by 59hawaii Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:24 pm

jojo47 wrote:
veg_out wrote:
cupcakes wrote:So Ricki hasn't met her F1?

The plot thickens. :WAVEY: hmmm

And her mother doesn't know who she picked?

Maybe it's the one who hasn't had a MTP? giggling

59hawaii

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3 Empty Re: Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3

Post by veg_out Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:38 pm

ironcat Today at 7:17 pm

veg_out wrote:

ironcat wrote:And one meeting is enough to be sure that the guy is going to make a good dad? I suppose there is the outside chance that Ricki would take an instant and inexplicable dislike to the guy, but the only way to know and feel secure that it's going to work in that area is for Ricki to spend serious time with Emily's "fiance". AFAIC, the "engagement" is just for show, like all the rest of them from this franchise have been, and the couple will know when it becomes more than that, if it ever does. And that won't happen until Jef has spent a lot more time with Ricki than one visit.

Yeah, but then why did they make a point of keeping in the first episode Emily's reflection on her engagements and that the next time would be the last time. Is this engagement just for show, or is this engagement because she's in love?

Oh, I'm sure she thinks she's in love, and did at the time. When I say "for show", I mean under the influence of the Bachelor Bubble, where they forget about how ridiculous the whole thing probably would be in the real world.

The way I look at it, an engagement is just words here and means nothing, and the guy doesn't even have to spring for the ring. As long as the couple doesn't actually jump the gun and get married until they figure out if it can really work between them, it's not such a big deal. Plenty of people get engaged multiple times in real life, and then break them off, and they aren't wounded, traumatized or stigmatized for life, why should the fools on this show be any different?

Oh, I understand, lady. I'm simply confused that the show would choose to leave in there the heavily underlined emphasis on this engagement being her final engagement. I find it interesting that Brad flew her dad to South Africa so that he could ask for her hand in marriage. Her dad watched the proposal. Brad met Ricki. Now that doesn't a bond or family make, but it shows an initial trust in feelings. Everyone can jump on those words as they want to. ETA: Buuuuttt, I should say that, if Emily knew that this engagement was just for show, and that this relationship would likely not last, thank goodness that she had the sense to not bring her sweet girl into this scene again!

I do look forward to the Sweet Home Alabama ripped-off FRC! Pretty!
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:44 pm

veg_out wrote:

veg_out wrote:

ironcat wrote:And one meeting is enough to be sure that the guy is going to make a good dad? I suppose there is the outside chance that Ricki would take an instant and inexplicable dislike to the guy, but the only way to know and feel secure that it's going to work in that area is for Ricki to spend serious time with Emily's "fiance". AFAIC, the "engagement" is just for show, like all the rest of them from this franchise have been, and the couple will know when it becomes more than that, if it ever does. And that won't happen until Jef has spent a lot more time with Ricki than one visit.

Yeah, but then why did they make a point of keeping in the first episode Emily's reflection on her engagements and that the next time would be the last time. Is this engagement just for show, or is this engagement because she's in love?

Oh, I'm sure she thinks she's in love, and did at the time. When I say "for show", I mean under the influence of the Bachelor Bubble, where they forget about how ridiculous the whole thing probably would be in the real world.

The way I look at it, an engagement is just words here and means nothing, and the guy doesn't even have to spring for the ring. As long as the couple doesn't actually jump the gun and get married until they figure out if it can really work between them, it's not such a big deal. Plenty of people get engaged multiple times in real life, and then break them off, and they aren't wounded, traumatized or stigmatized for life, why should the fools on this show be any different?

Oh, I understand, lady. I'm simply confused that the show would choose to leave in there the heavily underlined emphasis on this engagement being her final engagement. I find it interesting that Brad flew her dad to South Africa so that he could ask for her hand in marriage. Her dad watched the proposal. Brad met Ricki. Now that doesn't a bond or family make, but it shows an initial trust in feelings. Everyone can jump on those words as they want to.

I think they leave it in to try to convince us that it's real this time (no, really! :giggle: ). And no doubt CH will gush about how sincerely in love they are, and how hopeful he is that it will work; that's always the producers' party line. I suspect they also believe that viewers may not tune in if they don't think a real engagement is a possibility, so they're not going to eliminate that hope right off the bat. WE know that the participants get wrapped up in the "fantasy" and end up jumping the gun, but the show will never admit to that. :WAVEY:

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:54 pm

ironcat wrote:
veg_out wrote:

veg_out wrote:

Oh, I understand, lady. I'm simply confused that the show would choose to leave in there the heavily underlined emphasis on this engagement being her final engagement. I find it interesting that Brad flew her dad to South Africa so that he could ask for her hand in marriage. Her dad watched the proposal. Brad met Ricki. Now that doesn't a bond or family make, but it shows an initial trust in feelings. Everyone can jump on those words as they want to.

I think they leave it in to try to convince us that it's real this time (no, really! :giggle: ). And no doubt CH will gush about how sincerely in love they are, and how hopeful he is that it will work; that's always the producers' party line. I suspect they also believe that viewers may not tune in if they don't think a real engagement is a possibility, so they're not going to eliminate that hope right off the bat. WE know that the participants get wrapped up in the "fantasy" and end up jumping the gun, but the show will never admit to that. :WAVEY:

Such a level-headed perspective of things, IC. Have a good night bestbud!
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Pattycake92 Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:56 pm

It's a leap of faith no matter if she's met them once or none at all.
Pattycake92
Pattycake92

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:55 am

Was this posted yet?

The Bachelor king, Mike Fleiss, shares his secrets in Banff

Executive producer of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette talks about fake reality shows, imitators and his favourite moments

By Eric Volmers, Calgary Herald June 13, 2012 9:02 PM

It was during the early days of reality TV when Mike Fleiss came up with a formula for developing new ideas for the Fox Network.

It involved a back and forth between Fleiss, who would eventually become the creator of the Bachelor and the Bachelorette, and his friend, Mike Darnell, the man credited with launching When Animals Attack! and the abandoned-before-it-aired TV special O.J. Simpson: If I Did It, Here’s How it Happened.

“We would sit there and try to think of crazy ideas and try to one-up each other,” says Fleiss. “Whenever we thought we had something that could be produced into a television show, we’d say ‘Can we really put that on television?’ And when we said that we would say ‘Now we have to put it on television.’ If it was questionable about whether not it was appropriate for viewers, then it would have a chance to be a success.”

Fleiss held a master class Wednesday morning at the Banff World Media Festival, where he talked about the success of his most famous creation, the state of reality TV and even offered some vague but enticing hints about what his next reality project would be for network television.

The 48-year-old already had a resume that included such fare as The World’s Scariest Police Shootouts and Shocking Behaviour Caught on Tape when he approached ABC with the high-concept premise of the Bachelor. Fleiss, who was used to five-minute pitches, spent an hour trying to explain the idea, to baffled executives.

Since 2002, the Bachelor and its sister spinoff The Bachelorette have become flagships for ABC’s reality TV wing, with the former lasting 16 seasons and counting. It’s been franchised in nearly a dozen countries. A Canadian version will air in the fall.

But it has also spawned numerous imitators, a fact that apparently still irks Fleiss.

“I never saw it as flattery,” he says. “I’m sort of over it now, maybe through sessions of therapy. Initially, I was very upset. When I pitched the show (to ABC) it took me an hour to explain how to do it: How do they date? Where do they live? How would they be eliminated? What would happen afterwards? How would we would cover these things? Literally, there was nothing like it so the pitch took a full hour. Now people come in and say ‘Brett Michaels is the Bachelor, what do you think?’ That’s not really creative. For a pitch that originally took an hour can now be boiled down to eight words, I don’t feel those creative people are really doing their work.”

The lack of originality in network reality shows has become painfully obvious, Fleiss added. It has certainly heightened the levels of cynicism among audiences.

“I think most of the shows are fake,” says Fleiss. “I think there’s all kinds of bullsh—t going on behind the scenes with, I would say, outside of the talent shows and the Bachelor, where we really kill ourselves and spend a lot of money and time and destroy our staff to make sure its real, that 70 to 80 per cent of the shows on TV are bullsh—t. They’re loosely scripted. Things are planted. Things are salted into the environment so things seem more shocking.”

Fleiss says he initially based the concept of the Bachelor on his own show, Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionaire? The Fox ratings hit ran in 2000 and nearly sank Fleiss’s career when it ended in scandal. The multi-millionaire, as it turned out, was less of a multi-millionaire than he had claimed to producers. He also once had a restraining order filed against him by a former girlfriend, something else he had failed to report to producers when they hired him. In 2000, the scandal became front-page news.

Nevertheless, Fleiss recognized a juicy premise when he saw one.

“I knew there was something powerful in that concept of watching somewhat desperate women compete for one questionable, eligible man,” he says. “So I set off trying to make a show that had that same energy and that same concept but was slightly more responsible. And that became the Bachelor.”

Fleiss points to the Bachelor’s 13th season with Jason Mesnick his personal favourite. That season found the hapless bachelor proposing to Melissa Rycroft at the end, only to soon discover he was really in love with runner-up Molly Malaney. He broke the news to Rycroft as the cameras rolled on an “After the Final Rose” TV special.

“He actually called us in tears and said ‘Is it OK to switch?’” Fleiss said. “I said ‘Well, it’s your life. We can’t legislate that you must stay with Melissa.’ But that was amazing TV ... That’s the stuff that really makes my life worth living.”

Fleiss’ production company is busy preparing two more reality shows for cable TV, one is about “nerds” while the other is about “people’s obsessions.”

He is also preparing a new show for network television. But he’s tight-lipped about that one, although his vague description does sound enticing.

“It’s got a little bit of hybrid in it,” he says. “Hopefully it will be ... scary. I can’t say anything else.”

Link
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by KikiLove Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:45 am

http://bacheloretteemily.com/top-10-reasons-bachelorette-emily-chooses-jef-holm-at-the-finale/

Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3 Seanie10Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3 Tumblr_m5ljljyBe21rx9goxo1_250Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3 Tumblr_m7vu98s0lT1rwl05yo1_100
''Let your faith be bigger than your fears''
''No one can make you feel inferior without your consent'' - Eleanor Roosevelt
KikiLove
KikiLove

Female Posts : 2434

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgFME101EA3Jsekih-BkYbA

Back to top Go down

Post by KikiLove Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:49 am

Love_Me wrote:Was this posted yet?

The Bachelor king, Mike Fleiss, shares his secrets in Banff

Executive producer of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette talks about fake reality shows, imitators and his favourite moments

By Eric Volmers, Calgary Herald June 13, 2012 9:02 PM

It was during the early days of reality TV when Mike Fleiss came up with a formula for developing new ideas for the Fox Network.

It involved a back and forth between Fleiss, who would eventually become the creator of the Bachelor and the Bachelorette, and his friend, Mike Darnell, the man credited with launching When Animals Attack! and the abandoned-before-it-aired TV special O.J. Simpson: If I Did It, Here’s How it Happened.

“We would sit there and try to think of crazy ideas and try to one-up each other,” says Fleiss. “Whenever we thought we had something that could be produced into a television show, we’d say ‘Can we really put that on television?’ And when we said that we would say ‘Now we have to put it on television.’ If it was questionable about whether not it was appropriate for viewers, then it would have a chance to be a success.”

Fleiss held a master class Wednesday morning at the Banff World Media Festival, where he talked about the success of his most famous creation, the state of reality TV and even offered some vague but enticing hints about what his next reality project would be for network television.

The 48-year-old already had a resume that included such fare as The World’s Scariest Police Shootouts and Shocking Behaviour Caught on Tape when he approached ABC with the high-concept premise of the Bachelor. Fleiss, who was used to five-minute pitches, spent an hour trying to explain the idea, to baffled executives.

Since 2002, the Bachelor and its sister spinoff The Bachelorette have become flagships for ABC’s reality TV wing, with the former lasting 16 seasons and counting. It’s been franchised in nearly a dozen countries. A Canadian version will air in the fall.

But it has also spawned numerous imitators, a fact that apparently still irks Fleiss.

“I never saw it as flattery,” he says. “I’m sort of over it now, maybe through sessions of therapy. Initially, I was very upset. When I pitched the show (to ABC) it took me an hour to explain how to do it: How do they date? Where do they live? How would they be eliminated? What would happen afterwards? How would we would cover these things? Literally, there was nothing like it so the pitch took a full hour. Now people come in and say ‘Brett Michaels is the Bachelor, what do you think?’ That’s not really creative. For a pitch that originally took an hour can now be boiled down to eight words, I don’t feel those creative people are really doing their work.”

The lack of originality in network reality shows has become painfully obvious, Fleiss added. It has certainly heightened the levels of cynicism among audiences.

“I think most of the shows are fake,” says Fleiss. “I think there’s all kinds of bullsh—t going on behind the scenes with, I would say, outside of the talent shows and the Bachelor, where we really kill ourselves and spend a lot of money and time and destroy our staff to make sure its real, that 70 to 80 per cent of the shows on TV are bullsh—t. They’re loosely scripted. Things are planted. Things are salted into the environment so things seem more shocking.”

Fleiss says he initially based the concept of the Bachelor on his own show, Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionaire? The Fox ratings hit ran in 2000 and nearly sank Fleiss’s career when it ended in scandal. The multi-millionaire, as it turned out, was less of a multi-millionaire than he had claimed to producers. He also once had a restraining order filed against him by a former girlfriend, something else he had failed to report to producers when they hired him. In 2000, the scandal became front-page news.

Nevertheless, Fleiss recognized a juicy premise when he saw one.

“I knew there was something powerful in that concept of watching somewhat desperate women compete for one questionable, eligible man,” he says. “So I set off trying to make a show that had that same energy and that same concept but was slightly more responsible. And that became the Bachelor.”

Fleiss points to the Bachelor’s 13th season with Jason Mesnick his personal favourite. That season found the hapless bachelor proposing to Melissa Rycroft at the end, only to soon discover he was really in love with runner-up Molly Malaney. He broke the news to Rycroft as the cameras rolled on an “After the Final Rose” TV special.

“He actually called us in tears and said ‘Is it OK to switch?’” Fleiss said. “I said ‘Well, it’s your life. We can’t legislate that you must stay with Melissa.’ But that was amazing TV ... That’s the stuff that really makes my life worth living.”

Fleiss’ production company is busy preparing two more reality shows for cable TV, one is about “nerds” while the other is about “people’s obsessions.”

He is also preparing a new show for network television. But he’s tight-lipped about that one, although his vague description does sound enticing.

“It’s got a little bit of hybrid in it,” he says. “Hopefully it will be ... scary. I can’t say anything else.”

Link

Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3 Tumblr_m41mm3kGPt1qzy5hmo1_250

Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3 Seanie10Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3 Tumblr_m5ljljyBe21rx9goxo1_250Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3 Tumblr_m7vu98s0lT1rwl05yo1_100
''Let your faith be bigger than your fears''
''No one can make you feel inferior without your consent'' - Eleanor Roosevelt
KikiLove
KikiLove

Female Posts : 2434

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgFME101EA3Jsekih-BkYbA

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:53 am

Here is another interview he did:

Most reality TV is 'fake' says executive producer of 'The Bachelor'

By Bill Graveland, The Canadian Press June 13, 2012

The executive producer of the Bachelor/Bachelorette, Mike Fleiss takes part in a seminar at the Banff World Media Festival on Wednesday, June 13, 2012. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Bill Graveland

BANFF, Alta. - In a revelation that will likely come as a shock to few TV viewers, the executive producer of "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" says many reality shows are rigged.

Still, Mike Fleiss insists that his long-running programs don't fall into that category.

"I think most of the shows are fake," Fleiss said during an interview at the Banff World Media Festival. He added that the creators of "The Bachelor" "really, really kill ourselves and spend a lot of money and time to make sure that it's real."

Fleiss joked that his career almost ended after he introduced "Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionaire?" in 2000.

The Fox Network reality show in which multi-millionaire Rick Rockwell asked Darva Conger to marry him once made TV Guide's list of worst TV shows of all time.

Fox later learned an ex-girlfriend accused Rockwell of hitting her, and Conger asked for an annulment.

Fleiss said despite its failings the show did eventually lead to "The Bachelor/Bachelorette" franchise which is now into its 16th season.

Fleiss said other reality shows currently on the air are loosely scripted and that situations are planted into the environment so that things seem "more shocking."

"It's not completely fake but the best moments of those shows are usually orchestrated," he said.

"If the viewer gets desensitized to these reality TV moments then yes, the stakes have to increase so that forces the producer to try and deliver something that is even higher octane."

He also places some blame on the viewers.

"They're not requiring a pure delivery of non-fiction content. They know it's somewhat fake but they're OK with it."

Fleiss acknowledges some instalments of "The Bachelor" franchise have worked better than others. He said the last season of "The Bachelor" was kind of soft and there weren't enough "memorable moments."

"I just want to care about the show. I won't do a show just to do a show. I want to make something I would be interested in."

Fleiss revealed he is currently working on two new reality series that will air on cable as opposed to the major networks.

He said one is about "nerds" and the other will be about people's obsessions.

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/entertainment/all/Most+reality+fake+says+executive+producer+Bachelor/6777327/story.html#ixzz1xkRbNCJ2
Love_Me
Love_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:56 am

So, the FRC is at night. That means no shadows for us to study.

Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3 Anigif_enhanced-buzz-7775-1355590544-1_zps0fd77e73
moonchild
moonchild

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:58 am

moonchild wrote:So, the FRC is at night. That means no shadows for us to study.

I loved the finale set up SHA had for season 3. It was whimsical and something about it being at night made it even more romantic. IMO

Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3 20124011

Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3 20124012
Love_Me
Love_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Keili Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:04 am

I hope they do something like that for Emily's FRC too. They used to be more like that on TB. And at night. But for the past few years, they're all in the middle of the day, in front of a beach. They're becoming so cheesy looking and repetitive.
Keili
Keili

Female Posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 56 1, 2, 3 ... 28 ... 56  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3

+100