SELECT CONTENT

Episode 2 - 5/30 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 43 of 44 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 2 - 5/30 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 43 Empty Re: Episode 2 - 5/30 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Alanna Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:03 pm

Starshine_16 wrote:
pavalygurl wrote:I do believe that JP, Ben, Dino and Ames all genuinely care for her. I am so ready to be done with Bentley and on with that show.

I totally agree with you on that.

Cosigned. I think Ash is having some trouble figuring out what to do initially but judging by her F4, she figures it all out by HTD. :smooch:

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Episode 2 - 5/30 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 43 Empty Re: Episode 2 - 5/30 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:09 pm

ND4, you are right. They are going to do whatever makes the most $$$ - I don't know who they are pulling in besides us never-say-die-hard romantics, but they must have evidence that this nasty trainwreck stuff pays off enough to keep escalating it with every passing season. Clearly, they don't worry about losing us, their core audience, even though they have to be aware at the outrage over it. And they have a point.

Ever since I started watching (ironically, I started watching with Brad I, which is evidently when this sort of thing went into high gear), I have not missed a single season, even though I thought both DeAnna and Ali were mostly unsympathetic mean girls, I was po'd over Brad I, Jason's and Jillian's seasons and I was initially furious when Jake ended up as Bach because Reid and Kip turned it down.

And yet, Jake's season was the only one I seriously considered not watching, but sure enough, once September rolled in, there I was, remote in hand. TPTB know that their core audience will watch it, even while loathing the worst of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by connorsmom Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:12 pm

Alanna wrote:
Starshine_16 wrote:
pavalygurl wrote:I do believe that JP, Ben, Dino and Ames all genuinely care for her. I am so ready to be done with Bentley and on with that show.

I totally agree with you on that.

Cosigned. I think Ash is having some trouble figuring out what to do initially but judging by her F4, she figures it all out by HTD. :smooch:

yes From what we've seen, all four of her F4 are good guys. Sort of makes for interesting conversation that the only drama we've seen really among these guys is Bentley, and really, only what he says in his interview moments. I wonder what kind of drama--if any--we'll see after he's gone?
connorsmom
connorsmom

Female Posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:06 pm

nd4reality wrote:Here's a quick question, in 1 interview Chris H mentioned something about Ashley not carrying on after Bentley left. Is it confirmed that she had a date with JP ? I think that instead of the pre-planned date they switched it up a bit but still met up but have not seen any SCs.
Which would make JPs date the "emotional connection" date of episode 3 which is a shooin to the F1 (As spoilt).
I can see their time together as similar to Chris and Alis time together when she was so sick... Just hang in out with no real agenda
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by noobsleuth Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:02 am

Jeepers wrote:
nd4reality wrote:Here's a quick question, in 1 interview Chris H mentioned something about Ashley not carrying on after Bentley left. Is it confirmed that she had a date with JP ? I think that instead of the pre-planned date they switched it up a bit but still met up but have not seen any SCs.
Which would make JPs date the "emotional connection" date of episode 3 which is a shooin to the F1 (As spoilt).
I can see their time together as similar to Chris and Alis time together when she was so sick... Just hang in out with no real agenda

It's either going to be a bonding, care taker like moment like CL and Ali or Jason and Deanna no OR it will be boring but romantic in the leads eyes like Brad and Em laugh out loud
noobsleuth
noobsleuth

Female Posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post by happy2bme Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:16 am

In the new clip of the abc site, I noticed that when Bently was saying goodbye to the other men, Jeff had his ridiculous mask off. Seems like they packed a lot into this episode.

happy2bme
happy2bme

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:04 am

pavalygurl wrote:
etherealfire wrote:

Agreed and I'd add Ryan P, Ben C and maybe even William to that. I really don't believe he meant to hurt her at all and I think he genuinely likes her. That's the ironic thing about this stupid Bentley situation. He probably really was the only one of the 25 that didn't have any interest in her at all. I think her F6 definitely wanted to be there. How sad that she is going to plagued with worry over something that is essentially a non-issue, thanks to TPTB and their wonderboy Bentley. :Frown:

Absolutely. This is the point Fleiss does not get about women IMHO. We LIKE the romance. For me at least this is the equivalent of the hockey and basketball playoffs. I don't need to see suffering. I want the happy ending and would rather have a rom.com than all this "mindf**k" as Reid called it.

All of us have life's challenges to deal with daily. For me, this show could be a sweet reprieve from all the world's woes. Bentley just pushes into my face how evil some people can be. If I want a villian, I'll go to the movies, or turn on the news.

And if Fleiss ONLY wanted to appeal to the female demographic, maybe that is what he would present...

However, he has no problem drawing women to the show, his dilemma is how does he draw MEN to watch...

I surely don't claim to represent all men, but a lot of men love watching a good trainwreck with lots of big explosions!

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:36 am

Good Post I appreciate the different perspective you bring to this board, Rich. And might I add that those making the decisions (Fleiss, Elan, Millsy, Harrison) obviously see things closer to your lens than most of ours. As ridiculous as this sounds, (totally) I love a good train wreck too...as long as no one gets injured! Unfortunately, it is always the lead that ends up with the broken heart...well at least that is what they want us to think (Ali/Frank).
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloomers Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:50 am

Beeleever wrote:Good Post I appreciate the different perspective you bring to this board, Rich. And might I add that those making the decisions (Fleiss, Elan, Millsy, Harrison) obviously see things closer to your lens than most of ours. As ridiculous as this sounds, (totally) I love a good train wreck too...as long as no one gets injured! Unfortunately, it is always the lead that ends up with the broken heart...well at least that is what they want us to think (Ali/Frank).

No, it is only the female leads who end up with the hurt. Notice, that these kinds of things don't happen to the guys. All 25 of the women are usually clamoring for the chance at the Bachelor. Once in a while we see the lead have to work at getting who he wants - Brad and Andy - but you didn't see either one of them with a brokenheart.

When you encourage someone in the present, you help that person to become successful in the future.
Bloomers
Bloomers

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:21 am

Hi Richlp: Thanks for the male point of view here. I get this from the guys in my life also, but I think Fleiss stands to lose some of the female audience with this current mess. Of course, we on these boards are
probably more committed and will most likely keep watching. But, I can't help thinking he is alienating a big portion of the regular female viewers. We all know it's gonna hit the fan Mon-Tues. It will be interesting to see if the viewership drops off. But then again you may be totally correct.
I just wish Fleiss would bring in more females in decision making positions on the show. I doubt the Cassie Lamberts and other producers have as much of a say...I just don't see a female perspective, especially this season.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloomers Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:39 am

pavalygurl wrote:Hi Richlp: Thanks for the male point of view here. I get this from the guys in my life also, but I think Fleiss stands to lose some of the female audience with this current mess. Of course, we on these boards are
probably more committed and will most likely keep watching. But, I can't help thinking he is alienating a big portion of the regular female viewers. We all know it's gonna hit the fan Mon-Tues. It will be interesting to see if the viewership drops off. But then again you may be totally correct.
I just wish Fleiss would bring in more females in decision making positions on the show. I doubt the Cassie Lamberts and other producers have as much of a say...I just don't see a female perspective, especially this season.

What Fleiss also knows is that we love to get riled up and jump on that cad with both feet and arms flailing. We are giving him what-for with everything in us! You see, in a way ole Bentley is not only paying for his own sins, but he is paying for the sins of all of his predecessors as well - guys he has never met, nor will he ever meet - every cad that any and everyone of us gals knows.
It's high time somebody pays for all that poor, outrageous behavior, and he is as good a guy as any. 👅

When you encourage someone in the present, you help that person to become successful in the future.
Bloomers
Bloomers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:45 am

Bloomers wrote:
pavalygurl wrote:Hi Richlp: Thanks for the male point of view here. I get this from the guys in my life also, but I think Fleiss stands to lose some of the female audience with this current mess. Of course, we on these boards are

What Fleiss also knows is that we love to get riled up and jump on that cad with both feet and arms flailing. We are giving him what-for with everything in us! You see, in a way ole Bentley is not only paying for his own sins, but he is paying for the sins of all of his predecessors as well - guys he has never met, nor will he ever meet - every cad that any and everyone of us gals knows.
It's high time somebody pays for all that poor, outrageous behavior, and he is as good a guy as any. 👅

Haha, Bloomers! Ain't that the truth! Better to exorcise our frustrations on a TV 'character' than a real life cad, I guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 43 of 44 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 2 - 5/30 - Discussion - Spoilers

+50
happy2bme
jojo47
connorsmom
Starshine_16
Iam4UGA