SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 8 - Videos - Discussion

Page 46 of 46 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 8 - Videos - Discussion - Page 46 Empty Re: Bachelorette 8 - Videos - Discussion

Post by jlccaz Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:32 pm

nutty1 wrote:
jlccaz wrote:Can we pause for a moment for a round of happy faces and clapping to celebrate Roberto not subjecting himself to this show, and Steve being so determined he was doing the show as recently as yesterday. And he's not. Maybe that's where Fleiss has "kaboom'd" Steve?

Good thought.

So Roberto is definitely not doing it? Still trying to catch up post vacation.

Did you feel like they were setting Sean up as next Bach after watching the MTA? A few of my friends even said that to me.

I thnk Sean gets a serious look, but at the end of the day, he's more "CMT" than ABC/Next material, because they couldn't cast a show with the usual Bach Pad quality girls, and have him credibly date them as Fine Young Christian Man / Fitness Model. I don't think he has the charm/presence to carry the show as a lead. But for the sake of the fan base, they will give him a serious look. That said, he is pretty funny on his Twitter feed, so maybe he will be able to cut loose on his episode.

As to Roberto, Star Magazine (!) is the only source for that, but it seemed sort of believable. They don't need to announce that until late August/early September so maybe we won't find out for awhile.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 8 - Videos - Discussion - Page 46 Empty Re: Bachelorette 8 - Videos - Discussion

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:37 pm

Don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but I decided to transcribe Emily's dad's words to both men, in alpha order (brought over from Jef's thread):

To Arie: [words in square brackets I have added to make sense of the sentence]
"You seem like a very nice fella and I know that she thinks a lot of you. Of course you could [ask her to marry you], Arie, particularly when you say that she is the love of your life. That's a doggone good place to start. [I'd] be proud to have you in the family. 'Course it's Emily's decision. ... You have my blessing."

To Jef:
"It's so obvious that you just make Emily extremely happy. Just lookin' at the smile she's got, it's obvious that she--she certainly cares for you."

I'm a little sad that Arie might have his heart broken badly. Clearly Emily's dad sees who the frontrunner is!

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:44 pm

I think Mom and Dad weren't too keen on their daughter going through the Public Humiliation Ritual / Vanity of two proposals, much less another one. It gets to be like Jason who proposed three times in 6 months or something like that. I could see her Dad not wanting to signal to Arie that he was going to be picked over Jef, thus the subdued demeanor. Man to man, with how sincere Arie was about "love of his life" I could see Mr. Maynard feeling like a j-e-r-k blessing a wedding that would never happen.

Remember when Shayne's dad flat out told Matt Grant that she did the show only to try to get another TV Gig (which in fact was literally true, and came to pass).

It must feel like crap to lead a nice guy on for the benefit of a tv show.

I hope he or the Mrs or the brother sent smoke signals to Arie, and he hits the road on his own. Won't happen but that would be nice.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by NCGalBecca Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:59 pm

^^^I thought the exact same thing watching the video. Her father looks so subdued with Arie and kind of like he'd rather be anywhere but there. It must be an awful spot to be in.

Re: Sean and the Bachelor. I think it's a case of overwhelming fan reaction by the demo that is driving it more than any wish on Sean's part. There's a poll on TV Guide today about who Emily should pick in the finale and he was getting as many votes as Arie as a possible winner and he's already off the show - i.e. people want him to come back and try to claim Emily. I am not really sure The Machine expected the reaction that they've received.

One faces the future with one's past. - Pearl Buck
NCGalBecca
NCGalBecca

Female Posts : 1904

Back to top Go down

Post by Iluvbachette Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:10 pm

nutty1 wrote:
jlccaz wrote:Can we pause for a moment for a round of happy faces and clapping to celebrate Roberto not subjecting himself to this show, and Steve being so determined he was doing the show as recently as yesterday. And he's not. Maybe that's where Fleiss has "kaboom'd" Steve?

Good thought.

So Roberto is definitely not doing it? Still trying to catch up post vacation.

Did you feel like they were setting Sean up as next Bach after watching the MTA? A few of my friends even said that to me.

MF has even posted on twitter how much Sean is loved.

Iluvbachette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:15 pm

Ohhhhh TVgrapevine preview is back up and running! It's been relocated. Here's the new link

https://www.facebook.com/pages/TVGrapevinecom/228358633847077

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:16 pm

rofl I agree. I can't picture Roberto doing it at all. Too classy. Plus I thought he said he liked his privacy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Iluvbachette Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:39 pm

Kimmy wrote:Ohhhhh TVgrapevine preview is back up and running! It's been relocated. Here's the new link

Kimmy, I just was about to post that myself. When watching the preview with her dad. I noticed that with Arie he was more somber, didn't show much facial expressions. Gave Arie his approval, but added it's Emily's decision.

With Jef he was with smiles when giving his approval. And said he can see how much Jef means to Emily, how she smiles. Dad knows best.

Iluvbachette

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:57 pm

Iluvbachette wrote:
Kimmy wrote:Ohhhhh TVgrapevine preview is back up and running! It's been relocated. Here's the new link

Kimmy, I just was about to post that myself. When watching the preview with her dad. I noticed that with Arie he was more somber, didn't show much facial expressions. Gave Arie his approval, but added it's Emily's decision.

With Jef he was with smiles when giving his approval. And said he can see how much Jef means to Emily, how she smiles. Dad knows best.

Jef went first. Mr Maynard must have felt like a j-e-r-k listening to Arie be nervous, profess Em was "love of his life", while himself thinking/believing that Em would pick the other guy. So, while I take the point, I attributed it to what a sh%^*( process this shows sets up for Mr Maynard to have to listen to those speeches knowing Best Case one of these two guys is being led on, and herded into a Public Humiliation Ritual. NO wonder he looked subdued. That's my take, because I'm choosing to believe the spoiler so far.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:30 am

Kimmy wrote:

rofl I agree. I can't picture Roberto doing it at all. Too classy. Plus I thought he said he liked his privacy?

I thought for certain RS wouldn't lend what was left of his credibility to a bad spoiler, but seems he got it wrong.

With that said, it being Roberto was only believable with the assumption that this season's Bachelorette didn't produce Bachelor prospects able to carry the show. Well, guess what...

Anyway, the ONLY reason it made sense for Roberto would be interested is if the deal was sweet enough to dig him out of the hole he bore himself into by opening his own agency in San Diego. The girl is a cutie, but doubt he turning it down had anything to do with her and I don't believe for a minute that Roberto was offered anywhere near a half a mil ...

Hoping the new Bachelor is Arie ... what did that radio host refer to Arie as, the tongue? giggling
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 46 of 46 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 8 - Videos - Discussion

+102
michelle1109
composer53
nikikass
schnitzel
mslat92