SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 8 - Emily Maynard - Edit Thread - Discussion

Page 2 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette 8 - Emily Maynard - Edit Thread - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 8 - Emily Maynard - Edit Thread - Discussion

Post by NeonRose Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:52 pm

JBF wrote:
iamreal2u wrote:
There is also a rainbow not sure how it adds to the discussion.

Yes it does. Where is it?

Get back later with details.
JBF :eyesigh:
NeonRose
NeonRose

Female Posts : 693

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette 8 - Emily Maynard - Edit Thread - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 8 - Emily Maynard - Edit Thread - Discussion

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:23 pm

JBF wrote:
iamreal2u wrote:

I'll get back later with details.

Rainbow behind Arie and Emily in the park on their HTD

Can't wait to hear your thoughts about last nights epi! Clocks , fireworks and cats oh my!

Back to top Go down

Post by just logic Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:42 pm

Quick question for those of you who follow the edit and stuff that may/may not mean anything. Do the picture placements in the pre-rose ceremony hold any meaning? I know they used to but I haven't followed the show for a few seasons so I'm not so sure now.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a car.
just logic
just logic

Back to top Go down

Post by CrystalYuriKim Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:15 pm

No, I don't think so. Not for this season at least. The pictures have been all over the place. In episode 4, Sean and Jef were both on the top shelf. Arie was somewhere on the very bottom (She had the best connection with Arie at that point, so it doesn't make sense that he was on the bottom) and Chris in the middle. Next episode, Arie's photo is on the very top, Sean right below, and Jef and Chris on the bottom.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

CrystalYuriKim

Female Posts : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:17 pm

Bloven wrote:
JBF wrote:
iamreal2u wrote:

I'll get back later with details.

Rainbow behind Arie and Emily in the park on their HTD

Can't wait to hear your thoughts about last nights epi! Clocks , fireworks and cats oh my!

OK... Sean got it kissing in front of Buckingham Palace. Chris got it after kissing in Croatia.

Jef just sang "the dreamers and me" in the song "The Rainbow Connection"

I think what we need is a Mega Post covering all of the episodes. Better stand back, folks! Ha ha!
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by asim Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:07 pm

can't wait!!
asim
asim

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:08 pm

asim wrote:can't wait!!
:yes:

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:12 pm

The Readers Digest Edit Of This Silly Season…

Summarizing for those who need a cluster of “stuff” culled together.

Feel free to expand with add-ons, make corrections or use anything here that might be useful.

Ep #1: Meet & Greet… just the highlights

In the intros we see “Southern Gentleman” Kalon impressive in black … and later Arie sporting black and shades. Both guys want to settle down from the fast lane. Ryan, Tony, Lerone and Charlie work out their abs. Ryan loves working with kids, while Tony actually has one. Charlie may be hunky, but he also has that head injury backstory… not that there is anything wrong with his heart. Speaking of heart, David the songwriter sings from his and seeks “perfect love”. Jef and Arie are both shown in motion, skateboard and race-car. Jef says he is often underestimated by appearances, but is young and wants to enjoy life and believes in the fairy tale.

Arie’s storyline is set up immediately: “I know Emily’s fiancé also raced and he passed away on the way to a race. Being a race car driver could bring back painful memories for her, so I’m definitely nervous going into this. I know it’s a big risk but I’m willing to take that risk and I hope she does to.” He brings this up in his first sit-down meeting with her.

Among the deleted intros later put online on Warner’s site: frontrunner Sean also works out, comments on the long marriages in his family and “what you see is what you get”. Kyle resembles Kalon “showering in confidence” and like Sean, Ryan, Tony and Lerone is proud of his perfect body, wanting to give us a view. In contrast, Michael is a musician who works with the blind. His backstory involves drug abuse. Brent, edited like Tony, is shown with all of his (mostly teenaged) kids. Alejandro’s intro resembles both Charlie and Michael (sad backstory) and Jef (has unique business). Stevie is just a funny DJ who makes people laugh. No intro for Chris or Doug… curiously.

Sean, Ryan, Lerone and Charlie all own dogs. Charlie asks his bulldog what he thinks about a girl and the bark is “no”. This will come to play as a key theme. In episode #7, Emily gets Arie to rub a dog to test his “loyalty”. Jef jokingly asks Emily that same episode if they should get a dog together and she says Ricki prefers cats.

Ironically Brent, daddy to six kids, and the fitness trainer who rips off his shirt (as Sean is asked to do in episode #3 by Emily’s friends) get the boot.

Several guys have unique entrances including “Grandma” Randy (appearances aren’t everything), Tony with the slipper (fairytale theme), Travis with the egg (father there to protect) and Kalon’s helicopter aping everybody else (appearance is everything… the bigger the better). Jef, who makes her feel like a nerd, disposes his skateboard rather quickly and hopes that Emily is not just impressed by material things. (Then again, in episode #5, she is happy to get Ryan’s bracelet.)

Key Chris quotes after Tony arrives with slipper:
When I came into this, I told myself… (Sean shown)
This isn’t a competition (Chris speaking)
But… when I want something (Jef shown)
I’m going to do everything in my power (Chris speaking)
to make sure I get that. Feelings… (Arie shown)
may get hurt (Chris speaking)
down the road (Sean shown, who responds “It’s gonna be tough”)

Jef has yet to get the “father to Ricki” role, but his skateboard talk with her is sandwiched between two fatherhood scenes: Travis’ egg is being guarded on the seat before Jef is seen with her. After, Doug brings Austin’s letter for her to read. He gets the first impression rose because she can relate to his single parent status. This structure vaguely resembles Ryan Sutter in episode #1 of Trista’s season: his poem is read between Josh saying he wants six kids and Brian the breast implant salesman, since Trista’s primary themes were her love of kids and men finding her overly attractive.

Like Doug, Ryan brought a letter (shown right out of the limo). His resembled an 11 year old’s, even if Doug’s was actually written by one.

Chris’ bobblehead starts off a doll/puppet theme for the season.

Chris is dubbed by her as “super hot” and Arie would be “hot” in a race car. Jef is “super cool” and she gets a “cool vibe” from, but also hopes he considers her “cool” too. Emily has yet to state on screen that she wants to be thought of as “hot”. Throughout the rest of the season, both Chris and Arie keep chirping the word “cool” constantly.

Other assorted voice-over “bytes” involving the top 4…
Arie:
You exceeded my expectations (Emily) / The guys are putting so much pressure on themselves (Emily taps him as she voice-overs) / I wouldn’t have the feelings (that I hope to have)… (Emily… camera switches from Arie to Jef for the second part)
Sean: Things got tense… (someone talking) / Have some competition / You have blown me away (Emily on these) / Who am I going to send home? (Emily) / I cannot be more excited (Emily)
Chris: some guys are a little ‘out there’ (somebody talking) / She’s made a good impression on all of you. (Chris Harrison at rose ceremony) / A million times over… (Emily) / I have a great group of guys here (Emily)
Jef: most eligible (first promo, Harrison voice-over) / the romance begins (Harrison) / Skinny guys (somebody talking) / Hi (Emily intro) / I’m a hopeless romantic (Emily) / I’ve done sales (Kalon) / (I wouldn’t have the feelings) that I hope to have… (Emily… camera switches from Arie to Jef for the second part) / you make me feel like I deserve to be here (Emily) / (you gave me butterflies) in my stomach (Emily)

Ep #2:

The second episode often solidifies the Bachelorette’s goal for her final choice.
-The first date featured super confident Ryan visiting Emily’s home in Charlotte, but Emily lacking confidence presenting him to Ricki. However, Ryan dances to Gloriana music in front of a crowd.
-The group date tested multiple guys’ confidence and one, Charlie, opened up to Emily about his own personal struggle. Kermit the frog praised Emily as a “catch” who would make any guy extremely lucky and worth any struggle. Ricki was present in the audience watching Jef propose to Miss Piggy. There was much public dancing on Muppet date. Guys eavesdroped on Stevie dancing singly with her afterward.
-The last date had Joe visit her childhood resort in West Virginia. Ricki was briefly discussed on Joe’s date, but the emphasis focused on the romantic connection… unsuccessfully. There was a private dance with Joe on his date.
-At the pe-RC meetings, Ryan is dubbed a “confidence killer” halting Tony.

While Emily prevents him from meeting Ricki, Ryan later postpones Tony from telling her about his son by giving her a long seven paged letter and makes her read it like Doug’s son’s letter in the previous episode. Jef is the one commenting in PI about it.

Despite being all about appearances, Ryan tells Joe and others at the mansion that you would never guess that “hunky” Charlie had a serious head injury and currently struggles with his speech. Likewise, Jef stated the previous episode that many underestimate him by outward appearances alone.

Most important date of the season?

Joe’s date is a key one for this season for reasons we have yet to determine, despite Emily forgetting his last name. It is obvious from the first rose ceremony position and meet & greet photo position that he was high on her radar that first night. Joe and Jef are “polar opposites” in the rose ceremony line-up, just as William and JP were (being Ashley’s top two frontrunners getting wedding themed dates with the key line “Are you nervous?”) When she discusses Joe’s departure to the guys, the camera pans Jef. Another intriguing Joe/Jef connection: Emily is shown with her daughter after Joe’s date preparing for bedtime and before Jef’s in episode #5 preparing for bedtime.

Key quote by Joe in the first episode promo: “Sometimes in life you have to take a leap of faith. I want to make this happen for her, Ricky, myself”. This quote is heard over slow moving ‘20s cars in Prague in the promo. Joe rides a slow moving car in West Virginia and Emily promises “it will get better”. Humorously, Ryan (who did not get booted on his 1 on 1 date that week) has a tie-in here on his very last date in Croatia: “I’m a very safe driver. You may not feel safe, but I never get into accidents.” Alas… he gets canned because he doesn’t include a “loving but not perfect family” on his top 12 list.

When Joe and Emily leap into a 100-year old pool at Greenbriar, there is an edit cut to a newer pool in Charlotte with a bunch of guys sunbathing. Tony asks if anybody is ready to “jump into a father role”. This sets up for a tit-for-tat between Kalon and Doug. Ironically, Kalon earlier praises Ricki on the Muppet date.

Joe’s love clock sets up the TIME theme this season. One reason he gets dumped is on account of his whatever-you-want responses to what he sees in five years. She feels they are not at the same “place” (or time). Joe’s clock is set at midnight, like Big Ben bonging away in London at the 5th rose ceremony and likely Jef’s kissing scene earlier that episode as well. Big Ben was shown daytime with Sean (no kiss after 3PM). Another clock is at the top of the stairs when Em grills Arie (#5) and the many are seen on his daylight Prague date (#7).

Other multi-episode connections with #2:

Charlie’s physical speech handicap on the Muppet date foreshadows other guys’ speech “handicaps” in several later episodes.

“Where the hell is Jef?” comes from Emily’s mouth after the Muppet date. In episodes #3, #5 and #6 by Sean, Arie and Chris each tell her they “missed” her (and she them), but we have yet to hear that coming from him. In episode #2, Emily tells Ryan: "Honey I’m gon’ give you a chase if you ask for it” and he chirps back: "Oooh Lord, I’m ready!" and later "This southern boy knows how to chase!" In episode #6, she explains to Doug that she prefers to be pursued.

Kalon jokes about the guys being focused more on each other with Emily rather than themselves with her. He interrupts Stevie’s time (much as Sean interrupted him on night #1), but this at least stops the guys from eavesdropping so much. In episode #3, Ryan eavesdrops on Arie kissing her, although we see others observing as well.

Ryan is “perfect like Brad” as Doug is in episode #4. The whole “perfect like Brad” is probably a semi-compliment, meaning perfect looking. She admitted that she is fussy with her own looks. Doug doesn’t exactly deserve this statement unless she thinks he’s too-good-to-true (i.e. hiding something). Ryan is a “perfectionist” though, preening a lot in mirrors. Ryan told Emily the following episode that if she got fat he would still love her, but not “on“ her.

John’s “dig” on Kalon’s Louis Vuitton luggage foreshadows all of the “baggage” drama in episode #5, although Jef carefully compares Ricki to a different brand on his date.

Chris says “It’s hard to believe any of these guys would have that same connection” before an edit jump-cut to Jef. There are a cluster of these and I’ll let the experts weed them all out. The most notable involves Arie saying he feels he has no competition in episode #4. We jump into Jef’s time with her on the beach. When Chris hopes Emily hasn’t forgotten their early connection early in episode #6, the edit cuts to Jef. When Ryan says he doubts she will find the right guy after his dumping, the edit cuts to Jef.

Ryan’s “flowery” apron in this episode foreshadows Arie and Doug sporting dresses in London (#5) and Jef and the others being “brave” in their kilts in Croatia (#6). Ryan is not entirely comfortable in his apron, but Jef sports wild shorts and socks in Bermuda (#4) without a hitch.

Jef’s proposing to Miss Piggy resembles Jef expressing his affection with a marionette (ep #7). Other puppets and dolls include Chris’ bobbleheads (#1), the “creepy” dolls Emily sees before kissing Arie (#6).

Joe being dumped for doing nothing wrong, but Emily not feeling butterflies and feeling they aren’t in the same place in “time”, foreshadows Nate leaving on the 2 on 1 date (#4) and Travis’ dumping (#6). She claims to feel butterflies over a shot of Jef in episode #1 and later “in my heart” with Sean in London (#5).

Fireworks after Joe leaves (and Emily watching them alone) foreshadow those after Jef gets the rose in Bermuda (#4… and Emily watching them with Jef’s arm around her). Arie gets a similar scene in episode #7 when he declares his love for her.

The Ryan Sutter-Trista’s guitar rift…

Tony is the first to receive it when he discusses how much he misses his son to her. (In addition, Tony’s discussion of both he and his son loving the Muppets also matches up with Doug discussing his son loving the movie #6 and the castle #7.)

Sean is the second in episode #3 just before his perfect father role discussion. The track gets louder when she says Sean sees her and Ricki as a blessing.

Arie is the third to get the guitar rift as he leaves Emily in Croatia, crooning that he sees Emily as his wife (#6). He gets again declaring his love for her in Prague over fireworks. (#7)

In past seasons, this music was an indicator of final one: Roberto, Emily on Brad’s season and JP got it during pivotal moments (Roberto agreeing to the Fantasy Date, Brad addressing deceased Ricky with Emily after the NASCAR date and when JP told Ashley to never be afraid to tell him anything in Hong Kong). Previously, it was often played in the finale, even with Melissa getting proposed by Jason… before getting dumped at After The Final Rose. Nicki received it twice on Ben’s season during discussions of marriage and long term relationships, but the rules were broken when she was dramatically dumped in Switzerland, mistakenly thinking she was ready to be a wife ad mother and that Ben was ready. This season, they are deliberately using it for “things Emily wants” and is finding in numerous guys who rival her final one.

The Rainbow Connection is introduced

The Muppets song performed in episode #2 foreshadows a huge rainbow appearing in Croatia (#6), when Chris and Emily exchange their “I missed you” followed by his “you had me worried”. Chris kissed her at this point. Was Emily thinking about Chris when he said that? Sean gets a small rainbow “flare” in front of Buckingham Palace in ep #5. When photographed kissing her, a light beam splits them. Have to see who else gets these… it looks like Arie might on his hometown. There is something very bizarre and otherworldly about these scenes.

In Ali’s season, Chris Lambton got his full rainbow in Tahiti reminding him of his mother and that she was looking after him despite his heartbreak, but the others, including F1 Roberto, received key “flares”. However… only Roberto got the flare when kissing Ali. She was sitting with Frank by the Hollywood sign, starting to meet Ty at the Blue Lagoon and was “mind wandering” with Kirk at a Lisbon castle when the other key flares were showcased.

For various reasons, this season is much different but using some kind of rainbow theme.
Do the lyrics of the John Williams song (a product of the cynical seventies when Kermit first sang it…1978) indicate anything?