SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 8 - Emily Maynard - Edit Thread - Discussion

Page 28 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette 8 - Emily Maynard - Edit Thread - Discussion - Page 28 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 8 - Emily Maynard - Edit Thread - Discussion

Post by cindebugg Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:07 pm

moonchild wrote:
ironcat wrote:
cindebugg wrote:
ironcat wrote:Emily had TWO SQTs with Jef in Bermuda, the second one (which was only shown in a deleted scene) probably hoping he'd finally kiss her since he didn't on the first. If she was only thinking of Arie this whole time, and so concerned for his welfare that she went so far as to just give the date rose to Jef in order to "protect" him, why work so hard to try to get Jef to kiss her?

Emily also made a comment in an interview about not everyone getting to have their first date in London. I suspect by that point, when the producers told her she would be taking Doug on the only solo date in Bermuda, she probably figured that it would be more fun to have her first real date with Jef in London anyway, and so went along with it. In the meantime, giving him the date rose in Bermuda would be her way of making sure he knew that she was still interested. :yes:

Here's the thing, You have to take people to the end. If I'm to believe what came out of Emily's mouth on her FD dinner with Arie, she was done in Dollywood. Still have to get to the end. To get your first date at the end of the 5th episode out of 10 episodes is too late. She and Arie had already been building on their immediate connection for 2 weeks before she went out with Jef and in the very next episode we see Arie alone with her at her place after their walk during the group date.

I, for one, don't believe everything that comes out of anyone's mouth, let alone somebody on a highly produced reality show. As in life, people sometimes speak the truth and sometimes, not so much, and I trust my own judgment to tell the difference. Also in my experience, it's not how you start, it's how you finish. That said, we will both see on Sunday what the "thing" really is. :yes:

But what kind of connection were they building? The edit is showing mainly a physical connection and it didn't seem to evolve much more from there. Jef & Emily were building a different kind of connection. Jef mentioned in his interview that all the guys thought he had lost out because he had taken things so slowly, but he said they hadn't seen the looks that he had exchanged with Emily or heard their conversations. Emily, herself has openly said that she had to chase Jef. Why would she do that when she had plenty of other guys that were very much in to her and she could have easily taken to the F2 if Arie was the "done deal" from the start?

Go back to Jef's introduction piece from the first episode. Jef says that most people underestimate him, but IF they take the time to really get to know him, they are pleasantly surprised. That was in his introduction for a reason. As it has been said many times before, EVERYTHING is in what we view for a reason.

I'm not the one that said, I was done at Dollywood, Emily said it and her lips were moving. Absolutely what we saw of Em and Arie was a physical edit, but throughout the show they gave us clues that they were in tune to one another. Arie was the only one to say Emily would send Ryan home. They talked about Arie being ready to be a Father at Dollywood. She said on their HTD that he had talked about his family. She told him on their FD that he was the one she sought out. I saw those looks Jef was talking about. When she picks up Arie for his date in Prague Jef and Sean both get a wide eyed look from her when they hug. I'm thinking Jef wasn't the only one getting the look.
I think the biggest contrast for me is the difference in Emily when Arie tells her he loves her and when Jef tells her he loves her (the letter). 2 more sleeps and it will be all over but the shouting. laugh out loud Crazy season but loads of fun.

Life's too short to dance with ugly men!
cindebugg
cindebugg

Female Posts : 1469
Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette 8 - Emily Maynard - Edit Thread - Discussion - Page 28 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 8 - Emily Maynard - Edit Thread - Discussion

Post by shannonmac Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:30 pm

cindebugg wrote:
I'm not the one that said, I was done at Dollywood, Emily said it and her lips were moving. Absolutely what we saw of Em and Arie was a physical edit, but throughout the show they gave us clues that they were in tune to one another. Arie was the only one to say Emily would send Ryan home. They talked about Arie being ready to be a Father at Dollywood. She said on their HTD that he had talked about his family. She told him on their FD that he was the one she sought out. I saw those looks Jef was talking about. When she picks up Arie for his date in Prague Jef and Sean both get a wide eyed look from her when they hug. I'm thinking Jef wasn't the only one getting the look.
I think the biggest contrast for me is the difference in Emily when Arie tells her he loves her and when Jef tells her he loves her (the letter). 2 more sleeps and it will be all over but the shouting. laugh out loud Crazy season but loads of fun.

This just shows how visual perception is so different. Out of everything with Arie and Emily that scene was one that spoke to me that Emily wasn't quite where Arie was in the relationship. I know editing plays a role but the two of them were breaking eye contact alot. It was a strange scene set up. The look on her face.... her head was tilted like Arie that is sweet. At the end she completely breaks eye contact and looks down as she is saying if things keep going this way. And she is looking down for a significant amount of time- avoiding having to meet his eyes. I just did not find it one of their closer scenes. Trust me there were alot of scenes that I was quite sure they were really into each other. Just not this one. Too many takes- maybe.... Or just a different visual perception.. :Smiley:

With Jef what I saw was a dreaminess imagining the future. Their eye contact was solid and long through the letter. The tone of her voice responding to Jef was softer. After the letter she did break eye contact a couple of times and did look down at her lap- but it was brief as if to break the intensity and then looked right back up.

The PI's then become important- as you said re Dollywood - What is the lead saying does it jive with what I am seeing. To a certain extent- yes.
The issue with being done at Dollywood is what does it mean to Emily? It was the first week of dates. that was it she was in love?- the prague scene suggests she wasn't quite there yet. Or does done mean- Arie convinced her they had something special- she could feel it and was going to take him further.

With Her PI to Arie re I'm in love with you: she's matter of fact "Whoa, it kinda scared me. It liked changed everything. ... too many things jumbled in my head... but he wouldn't just throw that around... She would break eye contact with the camera, one time rolling her eyes up and to the right.

The PI for Jef "I love so many things about Jef.... but it feels perfect inside my heart.. thats what really matters to me. Perfect" and she pulled her shoulders up towards her head smilling as if giving herself a little hug. She looked directly at the camera with confidence the whole time.

To be fair Jef's took place the following week.

But you see it completely differently, which reinforces to me that MF knows each season he can count on human nature and the audience will see see the story differently so he can confidently set up the "who does he/she pick" each season.

Re the physical edit- just because someone is given the physical edit it doesn't mean there isn't more to their relationship- it just means TBPT is not going to focus on that so there is no doubt they did talk. In fact post season Arie confirms this and says he wished they had showed more of their talks and the fun they had together. I am sure he doesn't want to be edited as "just a great kisser" when there is more to him than that..

I would love it if they would dissect a season for us 1 time.. But I am resigned to the fact it will never happen..... :tissuebox

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
shannonmac
shannonmac

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:07 am

cindebugg wrote:
moonchild wrote:
ironcat wrote:
cindebugg wrote:
ironcat wrote:Emily had TWO SQTs with Jef in Bermuda, the second one (which was only shown in a deleted scene) probably hoping he'd finally kiss her since he didn't on the first. If she was only thinking of Arie this whole time, and so concerned for his welfare that she went so far as to just give the date rose to Jef in order to "protect" him, why work so hard to try to get Jef to kiss her?

Emily also made a comment in an interview about not everyone getting to have their first date in London. I suspect by that point, when the producers told her she would be taking Doug on the only solo date in Bermuda, she probably figured that it would be more fun to have her first real date with Jef in London anyway, and so went along with it. In the meantime, giving him the date rose in Bermuda would be her way of making sure he knew that she was still interested. :yes:

Here's the thing, You have to take people to the end. If I'm to believe what came out of Emily's mouth on her FD dinner with Arie, she was done in Dollywood. Still have to get to the end. To get your first date at the end of the 5th episode out of 10 episodes is too late. She and Arie had already been building on their immediate connection for 2 weeks before she went out with Jef and in the very next episode we see Arie alone with her at her place after their walk during the group date.

I, for one, don't believe everything that comes out of anyone's mouth, let alone somebody on a highly produced reality show. As in life, people sometimes speak the truth and sometimes, not so much, and I trust my own judgment to tell the difference. Also in my experience, it's not how you start, it's how you finish. That said, we will both see on Sunday what the "thing" really is. :yes:

But what kind of connection were they building? The edit is showing mainly a physical connection and it didn't seem to evolve much more from there. Jef & Emily were building a different kind of connection. Jef mentioned in his interview that all the guys thought he had lost out because he had taken things so slowly, but he said they hadn't seen the looks that he had exchanged with Emily or heard their conversations. Emily, herself has openly said that she had to chase Jef. Why would she do that when she had plenty of other guys that were very much in to her and she could have easily taken to the F2 if Arie was the "done deal" from the start?

Go back to Jef's introduction piece from the first episode. Jef says that most people underestimate him, but IF they take the time to really get to know him, they are pleasantly surprised. That was in his introduction for a reason. As it has been said many times before, EVERYTHING is in what we view for a reason.

You are right about the looks. From what was said, several of the guys got the looks and Jef even called Emily out on it early on......telling her that he had seen her giving other guys the same looks that she was giving him. My point on that was that he was on her radar from early on, even though it wasn't as apparent as the Arie connection in the beginning.

I do not dispute that Arie is a great guy and that Emily had deep feelings for him. The key difference for me is the fact that Emily talks multiple times about envisioning Jef in her future, in VO's, PI's, and directly to Jef. She says in Prague in a VO that she sees going to Jef's office and seeing pictures of their family on display. Now that was a VO and might have been said at a later time and not in Prague. She does tell Jef in Prague that she can see how their lives as parents would be, and not in the immediate future, but in the far future.......sure here's your cell phone, but don't tell your mother, sure take the car, have a good time. She tells Jef on the FD about when she went home before the HTD's, how she envisioned Jef there and how it would be when she was going through her routine day. Now Arie had just told her he loved her in Prague. If it was all about Arie, I would think that she would be envisioning Arie there in her routine life, and not thinking about Jef at all. On their FD Emily tells Jef that she envisions that she will keep him out of trouble and maybe he can get her in a little bit of trouble now and then. She envisions moving to SLC and starting a new life with just the three of them. She did tell Arie fairly early on that if they ended up together she would be willing to move to Scottsdale, but there was no discussion of a thought out plan on how it would be. Now, maybe similar conversations took place with Arie, but none were shown to us. What I did find very telling was that they were all the way to the FD's and she is asking what a typical day is like for Arie. I would think it would be difficult to envision what a typical day would be like together if you don't know what that life is like. I think that this discussion was included in the edit, just to show how different their daily lives truly are.

It's not long now until we find out what Fleiss has up his sleeve. No matter how it ends, I think it's been a really good season.
moonchild
moonchild

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:35 am

I agree that regardless of what kind of conversations, and what kind of relationship, Emily actually had with Jef and Arie, how they each are being EDITED is significant. Per the editing, Emily herself is questioning as late as FDs whether her connection with Arie is more than just physical, and that discussion about not even knowing what he does in the morning just reinforced that concern. OTOH, no such concerns with Jef, and lots of discussions have been shown throughout about how they would complement each other in their daily life together. There is a reason that the producers are showing us this dichotomy through the edit, just as there is a reason why Jef was shown talking in the beginning about how much he is typically underestimated by people in his real life, and then it just so happened to play out on screen that he was also overlooked by his "competition" due to his "late start". That wasn't just a coincidence, but a clue as to the eventual outcome IMO.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by shannonmac Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:12 am

ironcat wrote:I agree that regardless of what kind of conversations, and what kind of relationship, Emily actually had with Jef and Arie, how they each are being EDITED is significant. Per the editing, Emily herself is questioning as late as FDs whether her connection with Arie is more than just physical, and that discussion about not even knowing what he does in the morning just reinforced that concern. OTOH, no such concerns with Jef, and lots of discussions have been shown throughout about how they would complement each other in their daily life together. There is a reason that the producers are showing us this dichotomy through the edit, just as there is a reason why Jef was shown talking in the beginning about how much he is typically underestimated by people in his real life, and then it just so happened to play out on screen that he was also overlooked by his "competition" due to his "late start". That wasn't just a coincidence, but a clue as to the eventual outcome IMO.

:yes:

shannonmac
shannonmac

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:13 am

Of course I have been wrong twice (Reid and Chris), but if there is not real love between Emily and Jef, I will never watch this show again!

My feeling that the editors really had their work cut out for them at the end of this season - they had to temper what they left in of Emily and Jef to show a love story, yet leave some doubt, and they had to show everything leading towards a love story with Arie and Sean. Thus we have her with extra time with each of them in the street with Sean and Arie going to see her after Ryan's date.

As I have said before this is a fairytale - "The Tortoise and the Hare!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:20 am

ironcat wrote:I agree that regardless of what kind of conversations, and what kind of relationship, Emily actually had with Jef and Arie, how they each are being EDITED is significant. Per the editing, Emily herself is questioning as late as FDs whether her connection with Arie is more than just physical, and that discussion about not even knowing what he does in the morning just reinforced that concern. OTOH, no such concerns with Jef, and lots of discussions have been shown throughout about how they would complement each other in their daily life together. There is a reason that the producers are showing us this dichotomy through the edit, just as there is a reason why Jef was shown talking in the beginning about how much he is typically underestimated by people in his real life, and then it just so happened to play out on screen that he was also overlooked by his "competition" due to his "late start". That wasn't just a coincidence, but a clue as to the eventual outcome IMO.

Fleiss has to tell a parallel love story with the F1 & F2. He can't give away the ending and that is why two camps see two different love stories and endings. Fleiss's editing team was genius as it was literally split 50/50 as to who she ended up with to non spoiled viewers (minus my 79 year old Aunt who thought it was ChrisF4 and is still holding out that he is going to show up and sweep her off to Lawrence Welk Land) giggling

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:34 am

cindebugg wrote:I'm not the one that said, I was done at Dollywood, Emily said it and her lips were moving.

What is your prediction of how this pans out? Is it Arie at the end as a surprise? Or does she pick Jef as “default”? Could a live ATFR suggest a lot of indecisiveness?

Ooooh… that word “done” is not a good one. Chris Harrison says in the promo “Your mind is made up here. You are done.” But apparently Emily was “done” by Dollywood already?

In case it matters, here is what she says at the start of episode #9, Fantasy Dates. Jef will make the “best husband and best step-dad ever”. Kinda doubt she will dump “the best” especially after Jef said she “deserves the best” in screen back in episode #1. Also why is she crying so much when she talks about Arie? Reminds me of Jillian talking about Reid.

moonchild wrote:Go back to Jef's introduction piece from the first episode. Jef says that most people underestimate him, but IF they take the time to really get to know him, they are pleasantly surprised. That was in his introduction for a reason. As it has been said many times before, EVERYTHING is in what we view for a reason.

My name is Jef and I live in Salt Lake City, Utah. Very rarely do people take me seriously just because of the way I dress… the way I act. I like being underestimated, but if they care enough to get to know me, they are pleasantly surprised. I’m a CEO at a bottled water company and every bottle that’s purchased we donate a portion of the profits into our charity… and that charity provides wells all over the world for people who don’t have access to clean drinking water. I’m very different from other business owners that are buckle-down because I’m young and I want to enjoy life. I want to find that special someone to share the rest of my life with. I believe in the fairy tale ending.

Hey! In the above video I posted, Emily is looking for the same thing! A Fairy Tale Ending.

OK… my thoughts here. Lay it Allllllllll out there. Prepare for me to get deep. Swimmin’ with Arie’s dolphins again.

The original plan this season, only they downsized it because Emily didn’t want to dwell on it more than necessary, was to repeat the NASCAR date in Brad’s season but with an Indy variation. Simply put, she is seeking to replace the “love of her life”… whether with somebody similar or somebody different. Who does she say reminds her the most of Rick-Y? (Hint: it is stated in Dollywood.)

Arie in ep #1: “Being a race car driver could bring back painful memories for her, so I’m definitely nervous going into this. I know it’s a big risk but I’m willing to take that risk and I hope she does to.”

Interesting scenes in episode #5 to pick our sore brains...

Previously, Jef had to propose to Miss Piggy in front of Rick-I watching in a live audience. He got to practice HIS role this season in front of both a live audience and the two it matters to the most.

Now it is Arie’s turn to practice HIS role… in front of the competing guys, including Ryan Bowers, who thinks he is better suited to the role of “Nurse” getting Emily over her “ghost”. Over the end credits to this episode, Ryan says in his butchered Shakespeare, “Death is trying to keep you from me.” Hmmm… Check out the line Emily says hugging Arie: “I sound like I’m on my death bed”. Yes, she is talking about her ill voice, but you know those crafty Fleissian Elves in editing!

Arie’s comment "But non but fools do where get casted off". He declares "I don't know what the f*** I just said" Dude, you just drafted yourself. Maybe this line “A rose by any other name smells just as sweet” could also be interpreted as “a race car driver by any other name can function just as well for the purpose of this show”? Arie comments on Ryan playing Romeo “Thouest suck”. Regarding his kissing: "Dude, it's a play. You're not actually kissing her". (Unless he is discussing both him and Ryan. Ouch!)

Backtracking to the promo we saw in episode #1…

“Sometimes in life you have to take a leap of faith. I wanna make this happen for her, Ricki, and myself”

This line applies to either Arie or Jef… and their “roles” spelled out in the Muppet and Shakespeare performances.

Most of us believe this line is spoken by Joe, dumped in epie #2 at the Green-briar Patch at midnight on the silly wish clock… while Arie got the last rose in London as Big Ben gonged twelve times. Also both he and Arie had plane rides to West Virginny and cute-and-country Dollywood. Uh oh… plane = Rick-Y Therapy.

Oh... did I forget to mention? Joe missed his fireworks by leaving early, but both Jef and Arie enjoyed theirs.

During the quote in the promo, we see a slow moving antique car in Prague. Joe had an antique car on his date in West Virginia. On hometowns, both Jef and Arie are instructed by Emily to drive slow, but… of course they don’t. Arie says he will drive “safe” though. (Cue a very slow-driving Ryan quipping in Croatia: “I’m a very safe driver. You may not feel safe, but I never get into accidents.”) Jef certainly does not drive slow or safe and even tells Emily they are over her being “ladylike”.

Joe mentions the “leap of faith”. Apart from Nate and John doing it in Bermuda, we have BOTH Arie and Jef jumping into water on their fantasy dates, with dolphins included with Arie… who is confident they are *drink!* “safe” and Emily feels *drink!* “safe” with Arie. Jef gets her to jump in the water twice, since it may require additional tries with him.

Finale time… again, a possible scenario here. We shall see how wrong I am in my prediction. giggling

1.) We waste a third of the show re-crapping the Journeys of two guys. Jef wants to live to be 101 with Emily, but expresses concern about playing Daddy; he wants to meet Rick-I first. Arie is crooning for the fourth time in a row that he sees himself proposing to Emily and will do everything it takes… just as Charlie Maher crooned over and over that he was the best “fit” for Trista and Trista crooned back “since the day he stepped out of the limo, Charlie had The Look”… over and over and over and over again. Viewers will root for Arie since the race car driver has his engine heated up and Jef still looks like a marionette in tight jeans.

2.) Jef meets the parents in his sloppy white shirt, minus James Dean’s jacket (loaned to Sal Mineo). He must think it is 1955 since he arrived in Michael J. Fox’s skateboard back in episode #1, going “back to the future”… or something. In any case, Big Daddy approves of Jefie after he seeks permission “if” he ends up with Emily. Gotta throw lots of “ifs” since Joe’s “leap of faith” speech hasn’t quite sunk in with Jefie as quickly as it has I’ve-selected-the-church-in-Prague Arie.

3.) Arie meets the parents, after a little platypus slurp-time and dressed in his navy blue. He is concerned mostly about winning Big Daddy’s approval since he has never asked permission to propose on national TV before. Heck, if Sean and Roberto back out, he may have to do it twice next season. After a quick nod of the head, Big Daddy suddenly realizes there is a show to run here and welcomes Arie with open arms.

4.) Jam session between Em and her Fam. Big Daddy is doubtful she can be in love with two at once. Uh-oh… Wake up Call! Mama says she should postpone any engagements, although we are not sure why she says that… because she is in love with two guys or… because somebody won’t be ready for Fleiss’ fantasy of a shot-gun wedding until he meets Rick-I.

5.) After hearing Big Daddy, Emily has that shocked gotta-do-it-now look in her eyes. She has The Talk with Arie, telling him she has to repeat the same thing she did with Joe, Nate, Ryan, Travis and Doug... unless Arie is the one pulling a Tony. They walk out holding hands in the garden, they hug and she closes the SUV door on him.

6.) At the end of Arie’s crying scene to end all crying scenes, All Of America will ask “Who was that Sean, again?”

7.) Daytime on the beach, Jefie (who may still think Arie is competing… you just KNOW nobody will tell HIM) will cast his doubts about whether or not he will succeed as a daddy since he has yet to meet Rick-I. Nighttime, Emily is clinging onto her little stud for repeated make-out sessions to keep him thinking “proposal proposal proposal”.

8.) Jam session with Mister Harrison. Hopefully he will take her if Jef gets cold feet, since he is separated from his wife now and he can’t stop eyeing Emily up and down as they talk. OK... here I REALLY speculating, folks. As Harrison says, she is done. She made her decision. On to the next step.

She is still not ready to “start the conversation” with Rick-I about getting a replacement for the daddy she never met. She may still harbor feelings still unresolved and probably needs to discuss this with Jef. Mister Harrison feels she is being unfair to both Jef and Rick-I for any number of reasons, but probably because she decides to introduce Jef as a “friend” just like she did Brad on her hometown.

Sooo… the key questions:

That shot of Emily hugging Rick-I. Does it happen in the finale? Does she meet her future step-daddy? Or doesn't she and we are left hanging for an answer at After the Final Rose?

Why is the the final rose ceremony supposedly held after midnight? Or did I answer that with my earlier comments?

Why is the After the Final Rose live and will Ashley and JP be there? Back on May 8th, @Fleissmeister tweeted “Just wondering... How many of you who didn't watch ashley's season will be tuning in for @EmilyMaynard ???”
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by shannonmac Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:01 pm

Arie: "Dude, it's a play. You're not actually kissing her".

in addition maybe it is foreshadowing what he will be saying to Jef post season with respect to his own kissing. giggling

shannonmac
shannonmac

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:24 pm

Figured I should re-watch the finale and ATFR on abc.com before posting a few long-winded comments…

Obviously this finale compares with Ali’s with one guy denied his “last chance date”. Roberto getting Ali comfortable being more “intimate” is what sealed the deal with her and prompted the abrupt end with Chris Lambton.

Jef succeeding with Ricki as “the best step-dad” sealed the deal with Emily, since Ricki comes First and a “passionate” relationship comes Second in her mind (although I do see passion between her and Jef even if other viewers don’t). Whether or not Jef himself is actually ready, Ricki made sure to push him off the bridge for his own “leap of faith”. Poor Arie did not have the advantage of being on either the Muppet date or the play-with-children date (in addition to no little kids on his hometown like Sean and Jef), so Emily still had a cloudy picture of what his fatherly role would be like. Had his LCD been scheduled before Jef’s and he saw Ricki first, maybe the situation would have been different… or not.

All season long, I have often questioned if there was any staging and acting involved, but Arie really did appear… to me at least… to have fallen for Emily much as Chris L. did Ali, even if the latter wasn’t ready to propose and was more willing to promote the Ali-and-I-were-just-friends line post-show. The only pause I had was that Arie’s exit speech was a bit too much like Sean’s. We could chalk it up to both guys having the same interviewer in the back seat and the editors deciding to use the same “I feel stupid” type lines, with Sean’s being said to Emily’s face.

There has also been some criticism that Jef and Emily are not showing enough “heat”. Yet all should watch the ATFR on Brad’s season and count how many times HE strokes her and acts affectionate compared to the number of times she reciprocates. She is quite the Ice Princess with Brad, but I see her initiating a lot of “physical-ness” with Jef this time… and he is not avoiding it or refusing it either.

One thing that tickled me about that coffee-table book Jef gave her was the shot of a bed with the stick figures together. This amuses me for all the usual wrong reasons, just like his hometown comment about them now over her being “ladylike” and saying he would love to see her hold his gun all day. These are what I always call “Fleissian Freudianisms”… when the Fleiss editors are giving me such raunchy little thoughts that are not supposed to be what I am seeing on screen. You know, like JP saying he and Ashley are on the same track as Peak Tram thrusts through the Hong Kong night.

More critter stuff…

Back in Bermuda, Emily and Ricki watched a hen brooding over her chicks. We see Ricki “maternally” leaving food out for the iguana, but forgetting to properly feed her stuffed monkey enough Cheetos. There is also an interesting parallel of sorts between Jef getting Ricki to set a hermit crab free, just as Travis smashed Shelly the egg, “sending her free”, way back in episode #3. Travis and his egg stood by Jef in the first rose ceremony, in which he was called last.

Another critter open to different interpretations: the phoenix Emily wears around her neck when dumping Arie, symbolizing a rise out of the flames, rebirth and life after death. Another silly and useless tidbit of info that has nothing to do with any of this… Scottsdale, Arizona (where both Arie and last season’s Courtney reside) is a suburb of Phoenix.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:24 pm

I've been having too much fun with other aspects of this season to spend much time picking apart the editing, but I actually think it is cool how certain themes were carried through (even though it no doubt mandates lots of unromatic re-takes and "no, stand THERE's). Makes it clear why the show has so many writers.

I have read some of the comments in this thread and really enjoyed them.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by sopearl Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:32 pm

I understand the part about her changing er mind. She thought it would be one guy, but then she fell for another. I think Trista may have followed the same path.
sopearl
sopearl

Female Posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 8 - Emily Maynard - Edit Thread - Discussion

+55
proudmommy50810
HowSoonIsNow
pugmomma
Cecilia
pavalygurl