SELECT CONTENT

Season 7 Screencaps Discussion - Thread #3

Page 45 of 68 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 56 ... 68  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Season 7 Screencaps Discussion - Thread #3 - Page 45 Empty Re: Season 7 Screencaps Discussion - Thread #3

Post by IrishGal Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:35 am

in2deep wrote:
San wrote:
cupcakes wrote:Is this a HTD with Ames?

Season 7 Screencaps Discussion - Thread #3 - Page 45 32zu8uc

If he doesn't get another 1-1 date then I would say yeah. :Nod:

I did a ridiculous amount of looking at Central Park carriage rides and found a few discrepancies from this photo: 1. cobbled streets - no cobbled streets around Central Park, to the best of my knowledge/recollection; 2. grass roof on right. I don't remember any grassy roof action in NYC. 3. Carriage itself - most Central Park carriages have the riders lower than the drivers. This one, def has riders higher.

Anything else I can do from Australia, just let me know.... I have some time, since I've had to abandon my ipad. Ccrazy obsession with Angry Birds - and now I no longer love my eldest son who introduced it to me.

i

Hope you are having a great time,I2D! I agree that doesn't look like Central Park. It doesn't even look like Ashley to me. Where is her hair?

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Season 7 Screencaps Discussion - Thread #3 - Page 45 Empty Re: Season 7 Screencaps Discussion - Thread #3

Post by jelle Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:42 am

Could this be Constantine in Atlanta?

Ames is getting his PhD at Harvard. Might this be Cambridge, MA?
jelle
jelle

Back to top Go down

Post by ryvetted Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:56 am

Molly wrote:Thanks for the twitter page information. I'll follow them for photos. Isn't it weird, though, that they don't have a photo section for Bette 7 on their webpage? I guess that page is reserved for past shows - after medianet is through with the current season.
Suspect

I know that's weird they aren't on there! Those pics are usually on Ashley's FB "public figure" fan page too.
ryvetted
ryvetted

Female Posts : 4022

Back to top Go down

Post by ryvetted Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:10 am

IrishGal, this pic shows her ponytail.
Season 7 Screencaps Discussion - Thread #3 - Page 45 Picture4

jelle, this angle makes it look more like Ames than Constantine yeah?
Season 7 Screencaps Discussion - Thread #3 - Page 45 Picture3
ryvetted
ryvetted

Female Posts : 4022

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:48 am

IrishGal wrote:
in2deep wrote:
San wrote:
cupcakes wrote:Is this a HTD with Ames?

Season 7 Screencaps Discussion - Thread #3 - Page 45 32zu8uc

If he doesn't get another 1-1 date then I would say yeah. :Nod:

I did a ridiculous amount of looking at Central Park carriage rides and found a few discrepancies from this photo: 1. cobbled streets - no cobbled streets around Central Park, to the best of my knowledge/recollection; 2. grass roof on right. I don't remember any grassy roof action in NYC. 3. Carriage itself - most Central Park carriages have the riders lower than the drivers. This one, def has riders higher.

Anything else I can do from Australia, just let me know.... I have some time, since I've had to abandon my ipad. Ccrazy obsession with Angry Birds - and now I no longer love my eldest son who introduced it to me.

i

Hope you are having a great time,I2D! I agree that doesn't look like Central Park. It doesn't even look like Ashley to me. Where is her hair?

Ha ha I was about to post a picture of the ponytail too! But yours is clearer than mine was, ryvetted.

I had to laugh at in2deep's post because I spent too much time today doing much the same thing (and even scrutinizing google street view and an interactive map of Central Park), and came to pretty much the same conclusions. The cobblestones don't match, the structure doesn't match, and the carriage doesn't seem to match. Also there is a glaring lack of NYC skyline in the background, which as far as I know is visible from most places in Central park if not everywhere. But I haven't been all over the park so I can't say that for sure.

jelle wrote:
Ames is getting his PhD at Harvard. Might this be Cambridge, MA?

Also I lived in Cambridge, MA for almost 10 years and that isn't in Cambridge. I've also never seen a carriage like that there either. My only other guess is that either it is some other outlying area of NYC or suburb? They list his hometown as NY, NY, but maybe his family is upstate? Usually they would say so, though.

So yeah, I have no idea where this is.

And true, we have no idea if this is even Ames. But who else could it be? It looks more like him than anyone else at this point. And the VO that is playing over the image has her saying "this is awesome, Ames," and you can hear the clop clopping of the horse in the background, but of course that sound could be edited together.

Back to top Go down

Post by bing2262 Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:12 am

ryvetted wrote:IrishGal, this pic shows her ponytail.
Season 7 Screencaps Discussion - Thread #3 - Page 45 Picture4

jelle, this angle makes it look more like Ames than Constantine yeah?
Season 7 Screencaps Discussion - Thread #3 - Page 45 Picture3

This is definitely Ames.He is wearing the same shirt on episode 6 Hongkong Dragon Boat race.

Last edited by bing2262 on Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
bing2262
bing2262

Female Posts : 1480

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:33 am

Once upon a time, the Brown family had ties to Manchester, Vt.
There are several horse and carriage companies in this area. One in particular is the Saratoga Horse and Carriage. The carriage photos are small on the site and I could not establish something to match, but I am wondering if the HTD may not be in NYC but at a "country home".

Season 7 Screencaps Discussion - Thread #3 - Page 45 Handc
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCBlond Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:55 am

Hey all...
Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents because I live in NYC. I can't think of a specific spot where there is cobblestone in Central Park, but that carriage does look like one that you'd find lined up outside on Central Park South. Also, if you're in the park and going on one of those rides, sometimes the big, magnificant trees obscure the view - espcially in the daytime. At night it's kind of hard NOT to ignore the skyline because of all the lights. As for the little house...Hmm. I just don't know. The little building that houses the Central Park Conservancy Museum is old and might have a roof that is similar. I could be wrong, though. I'd check it out but I'm not in Manhattan right now.

Also, going back to the JP/Ash photos from ET Canada - is he coming out of Trump SoHo? Because of the kind of long, tall doors (and they're metal and glass indicating more modern architecture) that Ash looks like she's exiting from, those types of buildings remind me of SoHo and Tribeca. Could be completely wrong, but it's just a thought...

NYCBlond

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelad9 Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:16 am

Kashathediva wrote:Once upon a time, the Brown family had ties to Manchester, Vt.
There are several horse and carriage companies in this area. One in particular is the Saratoga Horse and Carriage. The carriage photos are small on the site and I could not establish something to match, but I am wondering if the HTD may not be in NYC but at a "country home".

Season 7 Screencaps Discussion - Thread #3 - Page 45 Handc

I think your guess is the most likely. Ames seems to maybe come from family money which was the impression I got when reading his bio and ofc the HT intro that he did on Ep 1. Otherwise unless he got full scholarships, I don't think he could have afforded to go to both Yale and Harvar, or was that columbia?

Last edited by Kelad9 on Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:42 am; edited 2 times in total

Kelad9

Female Posts : 1107

http://kelad9.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:17 am

Greenwich Village area has some cobblestoned streets, too.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:46 pm

The carriage looks like a high perch phaeton, the cobblestone and the mossy roof look to be a replica of an English country estate as does the "handler" walking ahead of the carriage.

I vote for an English type manor house in the Connecticut countryside.
Molly
Molly

Back to top Go down

Post by LaureanT Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:01 pm

NYCBlond wrote:Hey all...
Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents because I live in NYC. I can't think of a specific spot where there is cobblestone in Central Park, but that carriage does look like one that you'd find lined up outside on Central Park South. Also, if you're in the park and going on one of those rides, sometimes the big, magnificant trees obscure the view - espcially in the daytime. At night it's kind of hard NOT to ignore the skyline because of all the lights. As for the little house...Hmm. I just don't know. The little building that houses the Central Park Conservancy Museum is old and might have a roof that is similar. I could be wrong, though. I'd check it out but I'm not in Manhattan right now.

Also, going back to the JP/Ash photos from ET Canada - is he coming out of Trump SoHo? Because of the kind of long, tall doors (and they're metal and glass indicating more modern architecture) that Ash looks like she's exiting from, those types of buildings remind me of SoHo and Tribeca. Could be completely wrong, but it's just a thought...

Welcome to the site NYCBlond! :Welcome

"Create the situation you want." Roberto Martinez, Jr. heartbeat
LaureanT
LaureanT

Female Posts : 870

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 45 of 68 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 56 ... 68  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Season 7 Screencaps Discussion - Thread #3

+80
Bluesky
nutty1
NanaMary
momoftrips
Bloomers