SELECT CONTENT

What is happening around you? - Thread #1

Page 36 of 47 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 41 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is happening around you? - Thread #1 - Page 36 Empty Re: What is happening around you? - Thread #1

Post by umngirl Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:58 pm

NCGalBecca wrote:Tomorrow we get to meet the bone marrow donor that helped save my hubby's life. Duke is having a transplant reunion and my hubby is the guest of honor so they will unite them for the first time. I can't wait to tell him how forever grateful I am that he gave us this gift. It has allowed my hubby to have 15 more months of life( and counting!!) and to see my son graduate from college and so many other moments. Most of all, he gave him a future. I can't wait to meet this wonderful guy.

That is incredibly awesome Becca. Such a great experience to get to meet the donor. And I wish continued good health for your husband so he can make many more great memories.

As for what's happening around me, I start nannying for 3 adorable boys soon. I'm so excited to hang out with them every morning and afternoon. In the meantime, my volleyball team has been playing awesome. We are sitting at #1 in the conference. Hopefully our tournament tomorrow ends with a trophy too.

What is happening around you? - Thread #1 - Page 36 87b72b10 What is happening around you? - Thread #1 - Page 36 86669110 What is happening around you? - Thread #1 - Page 36 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

What is happening around you? - Thread #1 - Page 36 Empty Re: What is happening around you? - Thread #1

Post by Ladybug82 Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:14 pm

San, I think you'll do well and be great at it! Congrats and good luck!

Becca, sounds like it will be an incredible day! I'm so glad to hear your husbands doing so well. I wish him continued good health!

Umn, I'm sure you'll have a blast and be great with those 3 boys. And congrats on being #1 so far this season! And good luck tomorrow at the tournament and the rest of the season! Keep us updated!

As for me, work is slowly, continuously picking up (architecture, building/construction) so that is a blessing. I like getting busier and busier from work after it being so slow for the last few years. :Smiley: The big thing is, I have been up to my elbows in ribbon, buttons, sparkles, thread and hot glue. My cousin is having a little girl next month. :Woah-hoo: The first girl for her and in our family. She has 2 boys, who I wouldn't trade for the world...but I can't wait to have a little girl to spoil. Been working on a bunch of hair bows with velcro clasps for her to wear once she gets here! I already warned my cousin that until she gets big enough to decide she doesn't want to be a girly girl...we're going to spoiler her. Hair bows, jewelry (dress up and daily wear), etc...I have covered, until she decides to be a more rough and tumble girl with her brothers. Hugesmile
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by beader Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:30 pm

NCGalBecca wrote:Tomorrow we get to meet the bone marrow donor that helped save my hubby's life. Duke is having a transplant reunion and my hubby is the guest of honor so they will unite them for the first time. I can't wait to tell him how forever grateful I am that he gave us this gift. It has allowed my hubby to have 15 more months of life( and counting!!) and to see my son graduate from college and so many other moments. Most of all, he gave him a future. I can't wait to meet this wonderful guy.

Congratulations to your hubby and best wishes to him, you, all your family, and the donor who saved his life.

beader

Back to top Go down

Post by KikiLove Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:47 pm

Wishing you and your hubby a wonderful reunion with the donor Becca blowkiss I'm always so touched when I read your signature PINKHEART

:congratstoyou: to you and your volleyball team umn and best of luck with the tournament and the nannying ❤

So excited for you ladyB! :babies: :sprinklehearts :sending flowers

What is happening around you? - Thread #1 - Page 36 Seanie10What is happening around you? - Thread #1 - Page 36 Tumblr_m5ljljyBe21rx9goxo1_250What is happening around you? - Thread #1 - Page 36 Tumblr_m7vu98s0lT1rwl05yo1_100
''Let your faith be bigger than your fears''
''No one can make you feel inferior without your consent'' - Eleanor Roosevelt
KikiLove
KikiLove

Female Posts : 2434

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgFME101EA3Jsekih-BkYbA

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:21 pm

NCGalBecca ~ I am keeping your husband and family in my thoughts and prayers. How exciting he gets to meet the person who helped saved his life. God Bless!
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:32 pm

Duke holds a very special place in my heart .. I have 3 family members who received transplants there .. They are amazing .. I will think good thoughts for you and your hubby tomorrow...

A bit of grace and a bit of badass
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by just logic Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:00 pm

What an amazing day you will be having tomorrow. I have nothing but respect for anyone who has the kind of heart it takes to donate bone marrow as it's not a pleasant experience - so this is truly an unselfish act and one that should earn them a special place in peoples hearts. Hoping that your family enjoys many, many more wonderful celebrations and many more years.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a car.
just logic
just logic

Back to top Go down

Post by NCGalBecca Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:26 am

Thanks everyone for the kind words. The donor was a wonderful, 33 yr old guy with a lovely wife and two cute little girls from DC. They were such kind, fun people and after spending the day with them, I think we'll be friends for life. The whole event was so positive and touching.

Loved reading here about all the good things going on in everyone's real world lives and hope that anyone suffering is feeling better soon.

One faces the future with one's past. - Pearl Buck
NCGalBecca
NCGalBecca

Female Posts : 1904

Back to top Go down

Post by glazedover Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:50 pm

What a great outcome NCGalBecca! So happy that your husband is doing well and you had such a wonderful meeting with your donors. I wish you continued success and happiness.

glazedover

Female Posts : 751

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:21 am

Thrilled that you got to meet the donor, NCGlaBecca, and happy to hear everyone's news.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by KikiLove Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:10 am

awwww So happy everything went well Becca! blowkiss

What is happening around you? - Thread #1 - Page 36 Seanie10What is happening around you? - Thread #1 - Page 36 Tumblr_m5ljljyBe21rx9goxo1_250What is happening around you? - Thread #1 - Page 36 Tumblr_m7vu98s0lT1rwl05yo1_100
''Let your faith be bigger than your fears''
''No one can make you feel inferior without your consent'' - Eleanor Roosevelt
KikiLove
KikiLove

Female Posts : 2434

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgFME101EA3Jsekih-BkYbA

Back to top Go down

Post by CarrieA Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:33 pm

Oh hey, if you haven't seen on facebook, or twitter, or anywhere else that it could possible be posted rotfl...I'm now engaged and so so so happy! kisses

Ring:
What is happening around you? - Thread #1 - Page 36 Proxy
CarrieA
CarrieA

Female Posts : 3482

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 47 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 41 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

What is happening around you? - Thread #1

+64
jelle
richmondrose
skitts
glazedover
dw_a_mom