SELECT CONTENT

Emily Maynard - Tyler Johnson & Family - SM - Updates - Fan Forum

Page 20 of 80 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 50 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Emily Maynard - Tyler Johnson & Family - SM - Updates - Fan Forum - Page 20 Empty Re: Emily Maynard - Tyler Johnson & Family - SM - Updates - Fan Forum

Post by dw_a_mom Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:13 pm

Pierz wrote:She doesn't even tweet about Ricki anymore! :(

I think Ricki is entering the age where parents get expected to hold back a lot. By other parents for safety reasons. By the kids themselves for privacy and wanting some control over their own lives. My kids very rarely give me permission to put anything about them on social media of any type.

Very happy for Emily on her engagement!!!!

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Emily Maynard - Tyler Johnson & Family - SM - Updates - Fan Forum - Page 20 Empty Re: Emily Maynard - Tyler Johnson & Family - SM - Updates - Fan Forum

Post by lstiff Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:10 am

bleuberry wrote:He boyfriend reminds me of Ryan from her season. He looks like a nice guy!

emilygmaynard: it's going to be a good year Smiley
Emily Maynard - Tyler Johnson & Family - SM - Updates - Fan Forum - Page 20 3b5cf73672b511e3b76a12716b453d94_6

I am so happy for Emily! She seems to really be happy and in the end that is all that matters. When I was reading her blog yesterday http://emilymaynard.com/blog/you-heard-it-here-last-im-engaged/ I was thinking that Tyler looks a lot like Ryan. I know they are very different guys in their personalities but def see the resemblance. I think Ricki is going to have such beautiful siblings!!! YAY! YAY! YAY!  :Woah-hoo:

Avatar made by Kikill. #TeamJef :Drinkwater:
lstiff
lstiff

Female Posts : 632

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:00 pm

Lstiff, your avi makes me sigh. I love that picture of him! Ah well, in the end I just hope they are both happy, and I hope Em gets her minivan full of babies!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:26 pm

Fourth time’s a charm for The Bachelorette’s Emily Maynard of Charlotte

By Elisabeth Arriero

earriero@charlotteobserver.comFebruary 16, 2014

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2014/02/16/3271588/fourth-times-a-charm-for-the-bachelorettes.html#storylink=cpy

Charlotte, NC — While sitting on stage with her fourth fiance, Tyler Johnson, on Sunday at Forest Hill Church, Emily Maynard told the audience that this relationship is different because she has a new concept of what love is.

The former star of “The Bachelorette” told the Rev. David Chadwick that before, and especially during filming of the show, she bought into the concept that love is all about feelings and circumstances.

“You’re on a helicopter and you’re going to a beach, so of course I’m in love,” Maynard said.

Maynard and Johnson talked with Chadwick as part of his sermon on sexual purity and the differences between Hollywood and Biblical views of romance.

The couple first appeared earlier this month on Chadwick’s WBT radio program.

“I realized I don’t need to preach a sermon, I need to let them tell their story,” said Chadwick after church service ended. “It’s a great story. And it gives Emily a chance to share her redemption.”

During Sunday’s sermon, Maynard said she was overwhelmed with humiliation and embarrassment after filming - and her engagement to her third fiance, Utah entrepreneur Jef Holm, - ended

She said despite past tragedies in her life (such as the death of her first fiance, Ricky Hendrick in 2004), she “never felt lonelier” than when she returned home from the show.

“No one knows that Emily was in the fetal position for three weeks because she was so humiliated at what her life had become,” said Chadwick after the service.

It was through that pain that Maynard said she drew closer to God and the church.

“I had made that my idol: being chosen by another person, not Jesus,” Maynard told churchgoers.

And through the process of serving the church, she met current fiance Tyler Johnson. Maynard noted the irony of appearing on The Bachelor and The Bachelorette, only to “meet the person I’m going to spend the rest of my life with at the church down the street.”

The two had met years ago through an outreach program at Quail Hollow Middle School but had remained friends.

“Establishing that great foundation served us really well when we started dating,” said Johnson.

Still, Johnson, an elder at Forest Hill, said he couldn’t help but feel disappointed when he learned she was going on the Bachelorette.

“The negative of trying to be a friend first is you lost your opportunity,” he said. “I was just waiting for my shot.”

Months after she returned from filming, Johnson asked Maynard if she wouldn’t mind tweeting information on an event he was organizing, called the Justice Conference. In part because of her reality TV celebrity status, Maynard has more than 409,000 followers.

Maynard said she would on the condition that Johnson take her on a date, said Johnson. That date turned into a courtship that resulted in a marriage proposal in January.

“I prayed the Holy Spirit would lead me in a way to propose to both of the girls (Maynard and her daughter, Ricki),” said Johnson.

The elaborate morning proposal involved flowers, candles, a scrapbook, rings for both Maynard and Ricki and even a trip to the Pancake House.

“God’s timing is so perfect. Had he brought Tyler to me a couple of years ago, I would have looked at him more as a necessity,” said Maynard, adding that now she looks at him as a “blessing” because her reliance is now centered on God.

Chadwick said the couple’s love story illustrates the four different types of love mentioned in the Bible, all derived from Greek words: storge (family love), eros (physical and sexual love), philea (friendship love), agape (unconditional acceptance of another person).

He added that their story highlights the importance of placing a relationship with God over a relationship with anyone else.

After the service, those who had seen the Bachelorette and those who hadn’t seen the show said they were moved by the couple’s love story.

“It just proves that you can’t base love on a feeling or on the surface,” said south Charlotte resident Bethany Ely. “It does need to go a lot deeper than that, just like our relationship with Christ.”

Maynard acknowledged that shows like the Bachelorette give people a false sense of what real love is. She regrets being a part of that culture, she said.

To anyone still buying in to the lie, she said, “I’d want to teach them everything I’ve learned because it’s changed who I am to my core. I just want to shake them and give them a hug and a Bible.”

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2014/02/16/3271588/fourth-times-a-charm-for-the-bachelorettes.html#storylink=cpy

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:53 pm

So happy for her that she has found herself and the right man. And centered her faith.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:56 pm

Thanks for posting Bkay. Wishing Emily, Ricki & Tyler a happy life!

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:17 pm

I agree with you both - and this makes an interesting footnote to the ATFR fiasco we just witnessed. I've always liked Emily, and hope for the best for her as she makes a new family!

Back to top Go down

Post by copyman12 Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:05 am

Emily Maynard
Key West with my favorite girl
Emily Maynard - Tyler Johnson & Family - SM - Updates - Fan Forum - Page 20 Emily_10

Two Things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein
copyman12
copyman12

Male Posts : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:34 am

Lucky girls! Back in her old stomping grounds I guess...

Back to top Go down

Post by sanlee088 Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:09 pm

I am so happy for Emily and Ricky! She is going to be a stunning bride.
sanlee088
sanlee088

Female Posts : 1754

Back to top Go down

Post by sanlee088 Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:00 pm

Bailey West 
Just met @EmilyMaynard from the bachelorette in key west!

Emily Maynard - Tyler Johnson & Family - SM - Updates - Fan Forum - Page 20 BjIchJvIIAA9GJP
sanlee088
sanlee088

Female Posts : 1754

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:05 am

Emily Maynard ‏@EmilyMaynard  Mar 10
Tyler's family with Ricki and I at church :)New post at http://www.EmilyMaynard.com  today! {what I wore:… http://instagram.com/p/lXPNPGJCjD/

Nice looking family.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 80 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 50 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Emily Maynard - Tyler Johnson & Family - SM - Updates - Fan Forum

+110
alwayscooking
gurlbrit
TrishB
Aria
BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure