SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - Premiere Sept 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Page 1 of 24 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - Premiere Sept 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers* Empty The Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - Premiere Sept 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by Love_Me Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:05 pm

Canada's Rogers Media Plans Second Season of 'The Bachelor Canada'

The sophomore season will take place in 2014, after City rolls out a series of homegrown sitcoms.

TORONTO – The Bachelor is headed back to Canada.

Local broadcaster Rogers Media on Monday confirmed it plans a second season of The Bachelor Canada on its City network, for 2014.

The move follows Bianka Kamber, who dated Kris Humphries for two years before the NBA star fatefully married and divorced Kim Kardashian, taking the hand of former pro footballer Brad Smith as the first season of The Bachelor Canada wrapped in November 2012.

STORY: Kris Humphries’ Former Girlfriend Bianka Kamber Wins Final Rose on 'The Bachelor Canada'

City-parent Rogers Media is waiting until 2014 for a second cycle of Bachelor Canada as it focuses this year on rolling out homegrown sitcoms like Seed, Package Deal and the Eva Longoria-starring animated comedy Mother Up!

"City is extremely proud of the success of The Bachelor Canada last fall,” Scott Moore, president of broadcast at Rogers Media, said in a statement Monday.

The launch of a local version of the Bachelor franchise on City follows ABC’s Bachelor and Bachelorette franchises enjoying a long run on the Canadian channel.

Rogers Media aired nine episodes of the inaugural Bachelor Canada season from Force Four Entertainment.

The broadcaster has no immediate plans for a Canadian version of The Bachelorette, while insisting it has kept its options open.

A second season of The Bachelor Canada was first reported by TV Guide Canada.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - Premiere Sept 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers* Empty Re: The Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - Premiere Sept 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by Brill Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:57 pm

Looks like Tyler will be back.

Tyler Harcott‏@tylerharcott

“@click4amanda: Hawaii seems to agree with @tylerharcott (a LOT) but you still have to come back for Bachelor 2” Fret not, I shall return.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - Premiere Sept 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers* Empty Re: The Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - Premiere Sept 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by momoftrips Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:09 pm

Season 2 of ‘Bachelor Canada’ headed for production

Greg David, November 8, 2013 11:15:47 AM

Get ready ladies, Season 2 of The Bachelor Canada is getting closer to reality.

City announced Friday morning that the network had partnered with Good Human Productions Inc. for the second go-round of the homegrown reality offering. Force Four Entertainment produced Season 1.

“Known for its high production quality, dramatic storytelling, and fairy-tale ending, The Bachelor Canada proved to be an incredible success for City in its inaugural season,” Nataline Rodrigues, director of original programming for Rogers Media, said in the release. “With their proven experience at the helm of this hit series, partnering with the creative minds at Good Human Productions was a natural fit to continue the momentum for the upcoming season.”

Rookie production company Good Human was founded by former Rogers Media executive Claire Freeland and Bachelor Canada Season 1 supervising producer Sean De Vries.

Casting for Canada’s next bachelor and bachelorettes begins in December, with production set for next spring. A fall 2014 season premiere is expected.

City confirmed that Season 1 host Tyler Harcott will reprise his role as the host The Bachelor Canada.

Earlier this year, Rogers Media president Scott Moore confirmed to TV Guide Canada that the series would return in 2014 after a debut year that averaged 727,000 viewers overall and was the No. 1 original series of all time among adults and females aged 25-54.

Season 1 of The Bachelor Canada concluded with former Canadian Football League slotback Brad Smith choosing Bianka Kamber as his gal pal. The pair is still together.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

momoftrips
momoftrips

Female Posts : 3098

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:18 pm

Can't wait to see another season of Bach Canada!!:yes: 

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:34 pm

When I first started reading I was very disappointed that they switched producers. Very. I liked Bach Canada much better than the US version and I do think they really had Brad's back in a way that Fleiss and co. do not.

There was one week when we went from 16 to 12 (bachelorettes); she was No. 13, she wasn’t on the list because she was so standoffish and one of the producers came to me, he was like, ‘Brad, you know, I just have a feeling about her, just give her a chance.’ And I was like, ‘OK.’ The next week was Mexico and that was the beginning of the end.” [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Whoever that guy is , I hope they keep him. And I hope their attitude towards helping the lead make good choices remains their policy.
Rookie production company Good Human was founded by former Rogers Media executive Claire Freeland and Bachelor Canada Season 1 supervising producer Sean De Vries.
Hopefully Sean de Vries would agree.
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:40 pm

Why are they going with a different production company? I'm not sure if that is a good sign. The people in the first one were concerned about the people and love story and not just the drama like the US version. Hope they don't go in that direction.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:24 pm

Does anyone know which producer it was that Brad is referring to in my post, above? (the one who convinced him to keep Bianka around)
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:00 pm

tigertiz wrote:When I first started reading I was very disappointed that they switched producers.   Very. I liked Bach Canada much better than the US version and I do think they really had Brad's back in a way that Fleiss and co. do not.

There was one week when we went from 16 to 12 (bachelorettes); she was No. 13, she wasn’t on the list because she was so standoffish and one of the producers came to me, he was like, ‘Brad, you know, I just have a feeling about her, just give her a chance.’ And I was like, ‘OK.’ The next week was Mexico and that was the beginning of the end.” [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Whoever that guy is , I hope they keep him.  And I hope their attitude towards helping the lead make good choices remains their policy.
Hopefully Sean de Vries would agree.

I believe Sean and Claire worked on season 1 together and are here again:

“Good Human’s goal is to create and deliver consistent hits for broadcasters across North America and around the globe,” said Freeland, partner and executive producer. “We couldn’t be more enthusiastic about starting this journey with the second season of The Bachelor Canada, a series both Sean and I are incredibly passionate about."

“After working together as broadcaster and producer to bring the first season of The Bachelor Canada to audiences across the country, it's very exciting to be joining forces as the executive producers of Season 2," said De Vries, partner and executive producer.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:19 pm

Sprite wrote:Why are they going with a different production company? I'm not sure if that is a good sign. The people in the first one were concerned about the people and love story and not just the drama like the US version. Hope they don't go in that direction.
See my note above. Sean DeVries and Claire worked on the first season together and are together again to produce the second season. Hopefully it will be done with the same kind of class that the first season was.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:45 pm

So, it won't be shown until Summer or Fall?

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:57 am

atem wrote:So, it won't be shown until Summer or Fall?
Yea, just like in the first season, they did the filming of it starting May and shown it starting September. They are doing the casting starting January.

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:51 pm

Aunties_Love wrote:
atem wrote:So, it won't be shown until Summer or Fall?
Yea, just like in the first season, they did the filming of it starting May and shown it starting September.  They are doing the casting starting January.
I think they time it that way so that it doesn't compete with the timing of the American season...Bachelor January through March and Bette May/June through August.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 24 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - Premiere Sept 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

+29
Eagle Eye
ThankMeLater
Maddy
Metronomy
richmondrose