SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 9 - Contestants - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

Page 42 of 45 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette 9 - Contestants - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion - Page 42 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 9 - Contestants - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

Post by 2observe Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:37 pm

gabriele wrote:
2observe wrote:
veg_out wrote:Regarding the conflict, it's central to any narrative structure. There's always some obstacle, either internal or external, against which the protagonist must endure or overcome. The resolution results in some mental/emotional breakthrough, accomplishment, or happy ending (usually) unless it's a tragedy.

Des' obstacle as previously stated is loving men who don't equally love her in return. Brooks at the moment will play right into Des' central conflict. Ideally, the resolution to Brooks' personal conflict would be for him to lean into his feelings for her and not leave her; by leaving her, it opens the door for Des' conflict to be resolved by choosing one of the guys who has stuck by her through it all and loved her probably more than she loved them. But with Brooks' leaving, I imagine that the support of these men will deepen her feelings for them.

Regarding the lack of conflict for Drew and Chris', it's definitely there and it's with Desiree. She is in love with Brooks but both of these men think that their relationship to her is unlike any other. Listen to their PIs on their HTDs. When Brooks leaves and she falls apart, their conflict will rise: do they stay and try with someone who obviously was in love with someone else? Their conflicts resolve at the FRC.

It could be argued that Brooks' conflict will resolve when he leaves. It's Des' conflict that doesn't resolve until the FRC, and if Brooks returns, it's not a guarantee that he's the resolution to her conflict.

Why do I think she'll take him back if he returns? Because she loves him. Because of the way she was with James. Because she's big on chemistry and sparks. But her tweet about dating advice makes a good case for Des closing the door that Brooks might walk out of and not looking back but choosing Drew or Chris.
Great post Veg, bowdown  And in the end Des' overcomes her obstacle by breaking her pattern.
i don't think you meant to add the "not" in there 2observe. of course, as someone who thinks she picks brooks i rather like your freudian slip. giggling
You're absolutely right, I didn't completely read the last sentence when Veg changed from Des choosing Brooks to choosing Chris or Drew. Hugesmile ETA: I took out the "not".:Smiley: 
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette 9 - Contestants - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion - Page 42 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 9 - Contestants - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

Post by 2observe Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:54 pm

nd4reality wrote:
albean99 wrote:Let him pursue? That's interesting. Either Brooks comes crawling back or Des chooses one of the guys who were pursuing her. Okay so it doesn't help us.  :laughingoutlou 

Chris & Drew both have built in conflicts as Vege stated perfectly. Will they be able to overcome not only their feelings about Des being so upset by Brooks leaving but can they be anything other than a default f1? I think we're seeing Drew & Des talk about it but not sure if she does with Chris. This is the first time that we've seen a lead talk about being in love with someone prior to the finale so it's all uncharted waters. I'm not sure how it's going to come across if Des doesn't veer away from her feelings for Brooks after he leaves although it looks like she does in the LCD with Chris. We're not 100% about which date is which for Drew - stay tuned. :Nod:
Stay tuned :Smiley: 

Yes we have already seen some sort of deep discussion going on with Drew. Be it at the FD or the LCD it really doesn't matter. What is important is that the subject is being discussed by the lead and one of the contestants. Perhaps she does so with the other - we don't know at this point.

My thinking is that if she had her door closed with these men she would not have bothered to delve into it at all. She would have brushed it off immediately. It seems like she didn't.
My thinking that the one way she gets closure from the Brooks (IF he is not F1 btw) and make her journey credible is if she is shown to realise her own situation and close the door to him at some point. I said this on another thread but if he is the one that gives her the 'I have fun with you BUT speach' she will be dumped and look like a doormat if she takes him back. As well, if she actually picks someone else she will look like she picked a default and will have to deal with the fans either way.

I think it will depend on how her conversations with the last two guys pan out.  The fact that tptb is letting us see the conversation with Des and Drew could be a clue to who she chooses in the end, and why.
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:07 pm

iamreal2u wrote:Will and kate walked away before they were married and any minute now they will have a little one.  Molly and Jason walked away from each other and they just had a little one.  Melissa and her now husband had broken up before she came on the show, and now they have a little one.  Sometimes letting go makes you realize what you really had and need.

Story of my life as well :cutesmile!: 

A bit of grace and a bit of badass
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by BarbB222 Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:20 pm

Jeepers wrote:
iamreal2u wrote:Will and kate walked away before they were married and any minute now they will have a little one.  Molly and Jason walked away from each other and they just had a little one.  Melissa and her now husband had broken up before she came on the show, and now they have a little one.  Sometimes letting go makes you realize what you really had and need.

:yes: 
BarbB222
BarbB222

Female Posts : 2366

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:30 pm

Jeepers wrote:

Yep. Sometimes you don't know what you've got until it's gone.

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:54 pm

Kashathediva wrote:What comes to mind personally is "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me." I try to adhere to the two strikes policy myself. Good few posts to wake up to!

I agree, Kasha! Veg has articulated some great thoughts here in a couple of posts.

Where was it that Des said something around "realizing or choosing what she needs rather than what she wants" (my paraphrase). Was that in a blog or a post-filming interview?
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:56 pm

Post filming I believe. I wish I could find that interview though jojo.

Team #[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
iPad mini typos [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper61 Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:43 pm

yes  Everyone is different, and everyone knows what is in their hearts and what they will do to please themselves. There really is no set formula. It's all relative to each individual. If they do the same things 100 times, choose to do it 101 and it all works out, bravo! In the end, it would all seem worth it.
Piper61
Piper61

Female Posts : 6364

Back to top Go down

Post by BarbB222 Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:44 pm

Piper61 wrote:
yes  Everyone is different, and everyone knows what is in their hearts and what they will do to please themselves. There really is no set formula. It's all relative to each individual.  If they do the same things 100 times, choose to do it 101 and it all works out, bravo! In the end, it would all seem worth it.  

:yes: 
BarbB222
BarbB222

Female Posts : 2366

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper61 Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:49 pm

jojo47 wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:What comes to mind personally is "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me." I try to adhere to the two strikes policy myself. Good few posts to wake up to!

I agree, Kasha! Veg has articulated some great thoughts here in a couple of posts.

Where was it that Des said something around "realizing or choosing what she needs rather than what she wants" (my paraphrase). Was that in a blog or a post-filming interview?
It's probably not this simple, but possibly what she wanted was to not have someone walk away, even temporarily which may be the cause of her big tears, but stick it out through the uncertainty, even if she might understand having been in a similar situation herself on Sean's season. And what she needed was Brooks because through it all, he gets her, it's easy with him, she's 100% herself with him. Maybe? :Smiley: 
Piper61
Piper61

Female Posts : 6364

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:56 pm

Piper61 wrote:
jojo47 wrote:

It's probably not this simple, but possibly what she wanted was to not have someone walk away, even temporarily which may be the cause of her big tears, but stick it out through the uncertainty, even if she might understand having been in a similar situation herself on Sean's season.  And what she needed was Brooks because through it all, he gets her, it's easy with him, she's 100% herself with him.  Maybe? :Smiley: 

:yes:  Brooks—just as he is. Not perfect.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:02 pm

jojo47 wrote:

I've always thought it was more general - like she used to want a certain more alpha-male, type-A guy (even like being drawn to Bryden, Ben and James who don't seem right for her at all) and she ended up with 3 quite sensitive, artistic, soft-spoken sweet hearted men to choose from in the end.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 45 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 9 - Contestants - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

+68
Luvstruck
Rolly
agentcurls
jojo47
iamreal2u