SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 9 - Contestants - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

Page 43 of 45 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette 9 - Contestants - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion - Page 43 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 9 - Contestants - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:48 pm

relaxing wrote:
jojo47 wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:What comes to mind personally is "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me." I try to adhere to the two strikes policy myself. Good few posts to wake up to!

I agree, Kasha! Veg has articulated some great thoughts here in a couple of posts.

Where was it that Des said something around "realizing or choosing what she needs rather than what she wants" (my paraphrase). Was that in a blog or a post-filming interview?

I've always thought it was more general - like she used to want a certain more alpha-male, type-A guy (even like being drawn to Bryden, Ben and James who don't seem right for her at all) and she ended up with 3 quite sensitive, artistic, soft-spoken sweet hearted men to choose from in the end.
yeah, "choosing" wasn't in what she said. it seemed like it could be more general or maybe not. it wasn't a clear statement like referring to choosing one guy over another. jmo.

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette 9 - Contestants - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion - Page 43 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 9 - Contestants - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

Post by pavalygurl Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:52 pm

But she also said the show was kind of a learning curve for her. If she wanted Brooks from the start, how does that fit her quote. What did she learn in relation to Brooks, what changed? How did she go from what she wanted to what she needed? And I don't think the want and need both refer to Brooks, IMO, it's one or the other.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by iamreal2u Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:02 pm

Not necessarily. I see Des as a very subordinate individual and when she is finished with something she is done. I think in this instance she thought that she could let Brooks go and just go on as usual(plenty of other fish in the sea), but she could not. She realized that she needed him to complete her life and I hope he is on board. Things happen.
iamreal2u
iamreal2u

Female Posts : 4107

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:06 pm

pavalygurl wrote:But she also said the show was kind of a learning curve for her.  If she wanted Brooks from the start, how does that fit her quote.  What did she learn in relation to Brooks, what changed?  How did she go from what she wanted to what she needed?  And I don't think the want and need both refer to Brooks, IMO, it's one or the other.

Agree with your interpretation here Pav, especially the part about Brooks not being both the "want" and "need". It's one or the other.

The learning curve also sounds familiar.
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:08 pm

pavalygurl wrote:But she also said the show was kind of a learning curve for her.  If she wanted Brooks from the start, how does that fit her quote.  What did she learn in relation to Brooks, what changed?  How did she go from what she wanted to what she needed?  And I don't think the want and need both refer to Brooks, IMO, it's one or the other.
:yes: yes 
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:10 pm

Well, whatever she learned and when, apparently she ended up with Brooks and felt that he was what she wanted/needed in the end. :Smiley: 

I think what's she's saying is that she came on the show thinking she knew what she wanted, and ended up finding out what she needed by getting to know Brooks. :Smiley:

Last edited by canyonvue on Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:10 pm

Des' theme of the season has been her living a fairytale. Maybe she was rather idealistic about falling in love and wanted it to go a certain way during this experience.

But maybe what she found she needed was something more grounded, raw, honest, ultimately true, albeit messy and not tied up with a pretty little pink bow.

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:11 pm

veg_out wrote:Regarding the conflict, it's central to any narrative structure. There's always some obstacle, either internal or external, against which the protagonist must endure or overcome. The resolution results in some mental/emotional breakthrough, accomplishment, or happy ending (usually) unless it's a tragedy.

Des' obstacle as previously stated is loving men who don't equally love her in return. Brooks at the moment will play right into Des' central conflict. Ideally, the resolution to Brooks' personal conflict would be for him to lean into his feelings for her and not leave her; by leaving her, it opens the door for Des' conflict to be resolved by choosing one of the guys who has stuck by her through it all and loved her probably more than she loved them. But with Brooks' leaving, I imagine that the support of these men will deepen her feelings for them.

Regarding the lack of conflict for Drew and Chris', it's definitely there and it's with Desiree. She is in love with Brooks but both of these men think that their relationship to her is unlike any other. Listen to their PIs on their HTDs. When Brooks leaves and she falls apart, their conflict will rise: do they stay and try with someone who obviously was in love with someone else? Their conflicts resolve at the FRC.

It could be argued that Brooks' conflict will resolve when he leaves. It's Des' conflict that doesn't resolve until the FRC, and if Brooks returns, it's not a guarantee that he's the resolution to her conflict.

Why do I think she'll take him back if he returns? Because she loves him. Because of the way she was with James. Because she's big on chemistry and sparks. But her tweet about dating advice makes a good case for Des closing the door that Brooks might walk out of and not looking back but choosing Drew or Chris.

This is great post & observations and I would agree with you if there was more time but its roughly 6 days between Brooks maybe leaving (4/29 or 4/30) and FRC (5/6). Not enough time, IMO, to turn it around completely.

Last edited by sfrank on Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:12 pm

2observe wrote:
:yes: yes 

:yes: 

Team #[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
iPad mini typos [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by gruder Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:12 pm

agentcurls wrote:Des' theme of the season has been her living a fairytale. Maybe she was rather idealistic about falling in love and wanted it to go a certain way during this experience.

But maybe what she found she needed was something more grounded, raw, honest, ultimately true, albeit messy and not tied up with a pretty little pink bow.

yes 

gruder

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:13 pm

jojo47 wrote:

Agree with your interpretation here Pav, especially the part about Brooks not being both the "want" and "need". It's one or the other.

The learning curve also sounds familiar.
I don't think Brooks is both.

What she thought she wanted may have been something more "sure thing", something easier, like it perhaps is with someone like Chris and Drew who can so easily profess their love and say all the right things (I'm NOT saying that is a negative thing).

Maybe Brooks is the one she "needs" in the end, even it if was less than perfect and easy.

Last edited by agentcurls on Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:15 pm

Maybe, someday, someone can ask her what she meant by that. That would be a good question.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 43 of 45 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 9 - Contestants - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

+68
Luvstruck
Rolly
agentcurls
jojo47
iamreal2u