SELECT CONTENT

*Spoiler Free* Media & Blog Thread

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

*Spoiler Free* Media & Blog Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: *Spoiler Free* Media & Blog Thread

Post by atem Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:30 am

Now, this is how to do a blog of the show! Loved it Bee! High clap

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

*Spoiler Free* Media & Blog Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: *Spoiler Free* Media & Blog Thread

Post by albean99 Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:26 am

atem wrote:Now, this is how to do a blog of the show! Loved it Bee! High clap

I enjoyed it plus there were some great SCs. I liked the guys in purple. Thanks, Bee! yes
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15308

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:37 am

Chris Harrison Blog's Ep 3

Des Bachelorette Blog

I thought the dress looked better on the show than in the photo.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15308

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:37 pm

I love to analyze the Bachelor/Bachelorette blogs. While Des is most likely not penning these herself, I have to assume that she is having some say/approval of what's written. I have found that the lead always looks for ways to mention their F1 even if they do not get dates and the F1 always ends up getting the most amount of mentions, which I am measuring in wordcounts. I started out planning to track just my favorites plus the guys who get 1-on-1 dates. I added Zak W to list purely based on all the mentions she is giving him (!!) and James based on next week's preview ... I guess both need to be on my radar as contenders.

I am separating the guys who got dates (as the date always requires mentions in her blog) with the guys she is choosing to callout even w/out date. If the guy is gone, I am not counting them. I'll build on this scorecard every Tuesday and bet we'll start to see even more obvious trend emerge in how she mentions her favorites.

Here goes:

Blog 1- May 28 Mentioned Men: Michael G, Chris, Zak W and Juan Pablo
Blog 2 - June 3 Mentioned Men: Brooks, Zak W, Bryden
Blog 3 – June 10 Men Mentioned: Brooks, Chris, Kasey, Juan Pablo, James

SCORECARD
Men w/1-on-1 Dates

Brooks: 383 words
Bryden: 280 words
Kasey: 93 words

Men who she mentioned without date

Zak W: 179 words
Chris: 122 words
James: 69 words
Juan Pablo: 60 words
Michael G: 43 words
Drew: 0 words
Zack: 0 words

MEN w/1-on-1’s
Brooks (blog 2/date and 3)

“I had butterflies walking into the mansion to pick Brooks up for our date. It was the start of an incredible new chapter of my life. For that first date, I wanted someone who could be spontaneous and turn a seemingly awkward activity into fun and laughter. Brooks was the perfect choice. At first I was nervous about bringing him to a bridal salon because men don't typically know what to do around beautiful white dresses, but bridal design is my passion so it was important for me to share that. Thankfully Brooks didn't freak out. He took charge and made trying on suits and dresses hilarious and memorable, which is what I'm looking for – someone who can just let loose.” (2)

“Looking into the mirror together as a couple, dressed as newlyweds, reminded me why I chose to be the Bachelorette and made me hopeful for what could be. I got genuinely excited! The best part about the car ride to the Hollywood sign with Brooks was our engaging and fun conversation. The natural banter and comfort we had continued and made the date so special. For me, the Hollywood sign represents everyone (including myself) who comes to Los Angeles to pursue their dreams, so the opportunity to sit on top of it carried a personal significance that meant so much to me.” (2)

“At dinner that night, Brooks shared details of his life that are not easy to talk about. His openness allowed me to trust him and share my own life story. The setting was gorgeous on top of that bridge, but the greatest thing about the date was that we were able to get lost in conversation and truly be in the moment. We weren't focused on anything else. Dancing in the moonlight to Andy Grammar was the cherry on top. I was the happiest person alive after a successful first date and that geared me up for the dates to follow.” (2)

“Brooks and I had an incredible date the week before so I already felt connected to him, which made it even harder to watch him in pain. I was disappointed that he had gotten hurt and had to go to the hospital. But I had a lot of great men on this date that I needed to focus on.” (3)

Bryden (blog 2/date)

“I was on a natural high after two dates and wanted to keep that joy alive on my date with Bryden. I love road trips – they're the best way to get to know someone you are dating. I have discovered red flags with exes while on road trips so I was interested to see how Bryden would be. He is very easygoing and also a little mysterious, which drew me in that first night. I knew he was from Montana and had never been to California before, so it was special to explore the Pacific coast and experience new sights.” (2)

“Neither one of us knew how the kite worked on the beach. That broke the ice because every time the kite wouldn't work we would burst into laughter. We played in the waves, rocks and sand like two little kids. It was the most fun I have had at the beach in a long time. Bryden showed that he could go with the flow and make the most of everything, which I really liked.” (2)

“I was excited to sit down at dinner and learn more about him. I could not believe the story of his horrible accident and how he made it through alive with such perseverance while learning a valuable life lesson – not to take life for granted. His decision to follow his passion and join the National Guard is admirable. While looking at the pictures of his accident and hearing what is was like to be hospitalized, all I wanted to do was take care of him. There was A LOT of build up for that first kiss – and I'm glad the night ended on a solid note.” (2)

Kasey (blog 3/date)

“I was so incredibly nervous and scared at the top of the building. Kasey made me feel comfortable and was the encouragement I needed to make it over the edge. I was happy to have him there. But after dinner took a turn for the worse when the wind picked up, I wasn't sure if it was just the elements or if there was something lacking in my connection with Kasey. I was disappointed in the date and confused about what might be missing between us. Was it because of that morning's drama?” (3)

Men Earning Mentions with No Dates

Zak W (blog 1, 2)
“The most memorable entrances that night came from someone who forgot a piece of clothing, and another who had too many layers on. As Zak W. walked out of that limo without his shirt on and abs of steel blazing, I couldn't help myself but to giggle like a schoolgirl. Of all things, I was not expecting someone to greet me practically naked. I could tell right away that it was meant as a joke and I liked that he didn't take himself too seriously.” (1)

“I actually dared Zak W. to cannonball into the pool, never thinking that he would actually do it. He showed how spontaneous he could be and that was very deserving of a rose.” (1)

“I was able to learn more about each guy that night at the cocktail party. I have never received a gift like the one Zak W. gave to me. I enjoy writing and have had a journal since I was 8 years old, so his thoughtful gift left me speechless and interested to learn more about the first night's "shirtless man."” (2)

Chris (blog 1, 3)

“I love a man who can make me laugh, so another entrance that was witty and fun was Chris getting down on one knee to then only wipe sweat from his brow and tie his shoe. Way to scare me and trick me all at the same time!” (1)

“That night I had really great conversations with everyone, but the highlight was my time with Chris. I didn't expect our conversation to come so easily. I felt like I'd known him for years. He was so witty and confident, and I knew I wanted to spend more time with him. Giving Chris the rose meant a lot to me and the slow dance in the park was the romance I had hoped for.” (3)

James (blog 3)

“James continued to intrigue me with his passion for life and his warmth. I enjoyed seeing his different sides. I appreciated the fact that he took this seriously and wanted to make sure I could see potential before wanting to pursue anything. I saw a softness to him that was sweet and I wanted to reassure him with the group date rose that I desired more time with him.” (3)

Juan Pablo (blog 1, 3)

“Another highlight of the night was talking with Juan Pablo and breaking up the monotony of conversation with a nighttime game of soccer. I loved that everyone came out to join in. It truly made and unbelievable night even more special and fun!” (1)

“Even the Latin cowboy, Juan Pablo, surprised me with his skills. Could he have been any sexier!?” (3)

Michael G (blog 1)
“I wanted to make an impression on Sean the first night I met him by making a wish in the fountain, so I really enjoyed Michael's entrance by fishing for those coins I tossed in last season so we could make new wishes.” (1)

PARTING THOUGHTS ...

- Guys with dates ... her mentions read more like fond memories vs. F1 but she writes more positively about Brooks than anyone of this group
- Guys without dates ... well, guess there's a reason we are seeing Chris in all those preview screencaps but what's with all the mentions of Zak W???
- Notable blog 3 line: “At the end of this week I felt confident and hopeful that my future husband was within this group.”

Hmmm ...should we assume that the above line is a shout-out to her F1?

MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:41 pm

Thanks for that break down!

It will be interesting to see if any of the 'hidden' guys start getting mentioned in the next blog!

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by bilolo Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:27 pm

MVMom39forever thank you for the analyse, it's interesting.
I think we'll see more mentions of her F1 in the coming weeks, besides, it's a good thing to give a shout out to the F1 after the episode airs (all those kissing might heart lol)

bilolo
bilolo

Female Posts : 2995

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:03 pm

Here's link to latest Des' People Blog and updated recap of who is getting mentioned - esp those without dates (Chris, Zak & Brooks again!).

Notable Blog 4 line: “I had a bit of a steamy session with Brooks in the spa. Whew!”   ... wish we had seen it! Thanks for nothing Fleiss ...

Blog 4 – June 17 Men mentioned: Brad, Kasey, Zak W, Chris, Brooks, Ben, James

Blog 3 – June 10 Men mentioned: Brooks, Chris, Kasey, Juan Pablo, James

Blog 2 - June 3 Men mentioned:  Brooks, Zak W, Bryden

Blog 1- May 28 Men mentioned: Michael G, Chris, Zak W and Juan Pablo

Overall Wordcount Scores for:

Men w/1-on-1 Dates

Brooks: 397 words
Bryden: 280 words
James: 234 words
Kasey: 130 words

Men only w/group dates
Zak W: 256 words
Chris: 161 words
Juan Pablo: 60 words
Michael G: 43 words
Drew: 0 words

MEN w/1-on-1’s

Brooks (blog 2/date and blog 3, 4 mentions)
“I had butterflies walking into the mansion to pick Brooks up for our date. It was the start of an incredible new chapter of my life. For that first date, I wanted someone who could be spontaneous and turn a seemingly awkward activity into fun and laughter. Brooks was the perfect choice. At first I was nervous about bringing him to a bridal salon because men don't typically know what to do around beautiful white dresses, but bridal design is my passion so it was important for me to share that. Thankfully Brooks didn't freak out. He took charge and made trying on suits and dresses hilarious and memorable, which is what I'm looking for – someone who can just let loose.” (2)

“Looking into the mirror together as a couple, dressed as newlyweds, reminded me why I chose to be the Bachelorette and made me hopeful for what could be. I got genuinely excited! The best part about the car ride to the Hollywood sign with Brooks was our engaging and fun conversation. The natural banter and comfort we had continued and made the date so special. For me, the Hollywood sign represents everyone (including myself) who comes to Los Angeles to pursue their dreams, so the opportunity to sit on top of it carried a personal significance that meant so much to me.” (2)

“At dinner that night, Brooks shared details of his life that are not easy to talk about. His openness allowed me to trust him and share my own life story. The setting was gorgeous on top of that bridge, but the greatest thing about the date was that we were able to get lost in conversation and truly be in the moment. We weren't focused on anything else. Dancing in the moonlight to Andy Grammar was the cherry on top. I was the happiest person alive after a successful first date and that geared me up for the dates to follow.” (2)

“Brooks and I had an incredible date the week before so I already felt connected to him, which made it even harder to watch him in pain. I was disappointed that he had gotten hurt and had to go to the hospital. But I had a lot of great men on this date that I needed to focus on.” (3)

“I had a bit of a steamy session with Brooks in the spa. Whew!” (4) 

Bryden (blog 2/date)

“I was on a natural high after two dates and wanted to keep that joy alive on my date with Bryden. I love road trips – they're the best way to get to know someone you are dating. I have discovered red flags with exes while on road trips so I was interested to see how Bryden would be. He is very easygoing and also a little mysterious, which drew me in that first night. I knew he was from Montana and had never been to California before, so it was special to explore the Pacific coast and experience new sights.” (2)

“Neither one of us knew how the kite worked on the beach. That broke the ice because every time the kite wouldn't work we would burst into laughter. We played in the waves, rocks and sand like two little kids. It was the most fun I have had at the beach in a long time. Bryden showed that he could go with the flow and make the most of everything, which I really liked.” (2)

“I was excited to sit down at dinner and learn more about him. I could not believe the story of his horrible accident and how he made it through alive with such perseverance while learning a valuable life lesson – not to take life for granted. His decision to follow his passion and join the National Guard is admirable. While looking at the pictures of his accident and hearing what is was like to be hospitalized, all I wanted to do was take care of him. There was A LOT of build up for that first kiss – and I'm glad the night ended on a solid note.” (2)

Kasey (blog 3/date and blog 4 mention)
“I was so incredibly nervous and scared at the top of the building. Kasey made me feel comfortable and was the encouragement I needed to make it over the edge. I was happy to have him there. But after dinner took a turn for the worse when the wind picked up, I wasn't sure if it was just the elements or if there was something lacking in my connection with Kasey. I was disappointed in the date and confused about what might be missing between us. Was it because of that morning's drama?” (3)

“Kasey's story about tap dancing as a child was hilarious and by far the most creative of the bunch. He also answered the question honestly and without hesitation, which is why he won "The Bachelorette's Mr. America."” (4)

James (blog4/date and blog 3 mention)
“James continued to intrigue me with his passion for life and his warmth. I enjoyed seeing his different sides. I appreciated the fact that he took this seriously and wanted to make sure I could see potential before wanting to pursue anything. I saw a softness to him that was sweet and I wanted to reassure him with the group date rose that I desired more time with him.” (3)

“I knew James was a loving man and truly cares for others, so it was nice to share this special day with him.” (4)

“James was great about everything. Having pizza at a local restaurant was a wonderful way to find out more about each other. I really enjoyed being out in public with James and seeing what a night in Chicago with him could be like. He opened up about his past relationship and cheating on his ex. I appreciated his honesty and believe that no one should be judged by their past. I was disappointed because I had been cheated on, but I was hopeful that James was so forthcoming because he would never do it again. I decided I was not going to hold it against him.” (4)

“Ending the night dancing in James's arms made me feel secure and happy about the date. Also, being a part of such a wonderful day together created a bond and an even stronger connection between us.” (4)

Men Earning Mentions with No Dates

Zak W (blog 1, 2, 4)

“The most memorable entrances that night came from someone who forgot a piece of clothing, and another who had too many layers on. As Zak W. walked out of that limo without his shirt on and abs of steel blazing, I couldn't help myself but to giggle like a schoolgirl. Of all things, I was not expecting someone to greet me practically naked. I could tell right away that it was meant as a joke and I liked that he didn't take himself too seriously.” (1)

I actually dared Zak W. to cannonball into the pool, never thinking that he would actually do it. He showed how spontaneous he could be and that was very deserving of a rose.” (1)

“I was able to learn more about each guy that night at the cocktail party. I have never received a gift like the one Zak W. gave to me. I enjoy writing and have had a journal since I was 8 years old, so his thoughtful gift left me speechless and interested to learn more about the first night's "shirtless man."” (2)

“I continue to be surprised by Zak W. and his thoughtful, romantic ways. The song he wrote and sang was incredible. He is extremely talented! The words he wrote are just how I want a man to feel about me. Hearing Zak play melted my heart, and I saw this incredible depth to him. The friendship we started from that first day was being transformed into a romantic connection. My heart is starting to be spread thin.” (4)

Chris (blog 1, 3, 4)
“I love a man who can make me laugh, so another entrance that was witty and fun was Chris getting down on one knee to then only wipe sweat from his brow and tie his shoe. Way to scare me and trick me all at the same time!” (1)

That night I had really great conversations with everyone, but the highlight was my time with Chris. I didn't expect our conversation to come so easily. I felt like I'd known him for years. He was so witty and confident, and I knew I wanted to spend more time with him. Giving Chris the rose meant a lot to me and the slow dance in the park was the romance I had hoped for.” (3)

“Another surprise came from Chris, who shared a poem that he wrote. I write poetry as well. Knowing we have that common interest was more than I could have imagined. He showed another side, and that left me intrigued.” (4)

Juan Pablo (blog 1, 3)
“Another highlight of the night was talking with Juan Pablo and breaking up the monotony of conversation with a nighttime game of soccer. I loved that everyone came out to join in. It truly made and unbelievable night even more special and fun!” (1)

“Even the Latin cowboy, Juan Pablo, surprised me with his skills. Could he have been any sexier!?” (3)

Michael G (blog 1)
“I wanted to make an impression on Sean the first night I met him by making a wish in the fountain, so I really enjoyed Michael's entrance by fishing for those coins I tossed in last season so we could make new wishes.”(1)

MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:15 pm

Question for spoiled folks: Fleiss said in an interview recently that viewers will be shocked with ending of Des' season. He says it's their “weirdest” ending ever, and that “It doesn't make sense in some ways. It comes out of left field in other ways.” He also said something to effect that he's not sure if Des is happy or if guys are happy with how it ended. Huh??

Is he just being his typical Fleiss ... trying to drum up viewers?

Or should we brace ourselves for a whacky ending?
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:01 pm

MVMom39forever wrote:Question for spoiled folks: Fleiss said in an interview recently that viewers will be shocked with ending of Des' season. He says it's their “weirdest” ending ever, and that “It doesn't make sense in some ways. It comes out of left field in other ways.” He also said something to effect that he's not sure if Des is happy or if guys are happy with how it ended. Huh??

Is he just being his typical Fleiss ... trying to drum up viewers?

Or should we brace ourselves for a whacky ending?

The spoiler is merely an answer to her question. I doubt you will get anything out of it.

Spoiler:

Team #[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
iPad mini typos [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:20 pm

There are several things that we 'spoiled' don't know. Seriously, there are so many questions that need answers and the edit makes it even more confusing.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:24 pm

atem wrote:There are several things that we 'spoiled' don't know.  Seriously, there are so many questions that need answers and the edit makes it even more confusing.

Thanks Atem and Nd4 for your response.

Maybe Des ... like Ali & Ashley before her ... was able to settle on her favorite 2-3 guys early on. After that, TPTB took over in determining who went home and when and who got screen time, deleted scenes or blog mentions. In same Mike Fleiss interview, he said about BachPad:

“I thought it might be good to give it a break for a little while — let the fans starve for it a little bit so that next summer when it comes back…” WAIT, WHAT?!? Bachelor Pad is coming back? “I have a good feeling it will be back next summer,” revealed Fleiss. “I really wanted to give it a break because I did not feel like we had enough superstars to populate the pad.” Link to EW article

Fleiss's crazy edit could be about casting BachPad. I can see naked/no shirt Zak, drama Ben and goofy Kasey populating the house or even meatball Mikey T so that he and Ben can recreate the "drama" from Des' season.

Yes, I am biased but I think that Des looked pained to let Zack go in favor of Mikey. IMHO ... the few "normal" goodlooking guys she likes best gets to stay (with one of them becoming next Bachelor) but the other normal goodlooking guys who are not in her top 3 are getting the boot in favor of bigger characters.

I also have to add about Zak W - did anyone catch AfterBuzz?? Krissily who calls it like she sees it said she totally thought he was not there for "right" reasons and had ulterior motives. Well, he sure as heck is not a candidate for Bachelor but BachelorPad?? Perfect.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:27 pm

Yeah, I could see just about 1/2 the cast from Desiree's season on Bach Pad.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

*Spoiler Free* Media & Blog Thread

+4
GrahamGal
atem
MVMom39forever
albean99
8 posters