SELECT CONTENT

*No Spoilers* Episode 5 - 6/24 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

*No Spoilers* Episode 5 - 6/24 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: *No Spoilers* Episode 5 - 6/24 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by in2deep Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:28 am

Again, I am underwhelmed. Disclaimer: I was also working and talking with DS. 
My thoughts: 
- Mikey should have been sent home based on his wardrobe alone. 
- Juan Paul who? 
- Drew? Drew?  Crickets!  Mystifying, I agree, that he is so hidden *and yet* is the narrator and protector. I hope he doesn't get his arm tatooed. May we have some Drew, pretty please?  And, I'm getting a weird feeling that there is some Big Personality Mishap with him. 
- Brooks.  Oh, Brooks, you goofball. 
- Chris was lots of fun, and the poetry is sheer reality TV. 
- James goes in Spain. So does Kasey or JP or both. Maybe Kasey gives the bad news about James, and Dez shoots the messenger. 

Overall, I'm waiting for sparks.  Good thing I'm not waiting for a bus - I would have walked home by now. 

May not check in for a few days. RL is getting in the way, but in a good way.  Off to Santa Barbara with DUH for lunch tomorrow! LRSC is itching to go, but, alas, she is not big enough.  Oh, well, another time.... 

Thanks for staying unspoiled with us die hards!

"Reality TV is to reality what love handles are to love." - J. McGinness
Ride on! 8)
in2deep
in2deep

Female Posts : 218

Back to top Go down

*No Spoilers* Episode 5 - 6/24 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: *No Spoilers* Episode 5 - 6/24 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by noobsleuth Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:02 am

I agree with your comments I2D...

There were a few times last night when I wanted to switch the channel.

- As much as I like Chris, I was bored during their date.  I saw two people having fun because of the situation they were thrown into, (their date in beautiful Munich) but I didn't feel any passion.

- The group date was a little better. Now that Bryden left, it's hard for me to understand exactly what Des is looking for in a guy other then that she doesn't want someone who will hurt her.

- Drew's time got cut again! WHY?!?Redfacemad I wish I could understand what was going on with him. He had most of the PI's, but none were about his connection with Des. I'm so baffled that I'm kind of speechless! LOL

- The 2 on 1 was the worst, most uncomfortable thing I think I ever seen! I think she should have sent both home. Michael was so worried about getting rid of Ben, I think he forgot he was on a date! Why oh why did she keep him? The was a horrible use of his time with her.

- James does absolutely nothing for me and I won't be sad to see him go. When he told Des he had cheated on someone during their date last week I think she started to have doubts about him. I think he had a good week this week to set up for the "shock" of it next week. Of course we know it isn't a shock to the guys, but they have Des coming off of a good week with him in Munich. When this comes out next week, whatever doubt she had about him from before is what will make her send him home. Even if she doesn't totally believe everything Kasey says, I feel like because of the way Bryden stayed around and then suddenly left will play into her emotions when she hears the stuff about James. If she can't trust him completely, it's better for her to send him home right away before she confuses herself even more. JMO

At this point I think she likes Brooks, Zak, and Chris the most. The show is doing a horrible job of editing any kind of love story. I think Brooks is in the lead at this point, but his story line is stagnant... it hasn't changed since their first 1 on 1 whereas I can see a progression with Zak and Chris. question

I read JBF's analysis over in the edit thread and I agree that this a season of people leaving. A few of the guys have issues with fathers leaving or being neglectful. Michael even highlighted how Ben was too being neglecting Brody. People are leaving because they were there "for the wrong reasons". I liked how it was noted that Brooks was shown saying that there might even be zero guys in the end. I don't think I've ever seen a season so focused on drama and so little on romance. Every time we think Des makes a connection with someone, someone else has a problem with it and starts an all our war to get rid of them! I hope we don't have to watch another season with this layout again... usually the Bette is the more romantic of the seasons.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
noobsleuth
noobsleuth

Female Posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:08 am

noobsleuth wrote:I agree with your comments I2D...

There were a few times last night when I wanted to switch the channel.

- As much as I like Chris, I was bored during their date.  I saw two people having fun because of the situation they were thrown into, (their date in beautiful Munich) but I didn't feel any passion.

- The group date was a little better. Now that Bryden left, it's hard for me to understand exactly what Des is looking for in a guy other then that she doesn't want someone who will hurt her.

- Drew's time got cut again! WHY?!?Redfacemad I wish I could understand what was going on with him. He had most of the PI's, but none were about his connection with Des. I'm so baffled that I'm kind of speechless! LOL

- The 2 on 1 was the worst, most uncomfortable thing I think I ever seen! I think she should have sent both home. Michael was so worried about getting rid of Ben, I think he forgot he was on a date! Why oh why did she keep him? The was a horrible use of his time with her.

- James does absolutely nothing for me and I won't be sad to see him go. When he told Des he had cheated on someone during their date last week I think she started to have doubts about him. I think he had a good week this week to set up for the "shock" of it next week. Of course we know it isn't a shock to the guys, but they have Des coming off of a good week with him in Munich. When this comes out next week, whatever doubt she had about him from before is what will make her send him home. Even if she doesn't totally believe everything Kasey says, I feel like because of the way Bryden stayed around and then suddenly left will play into her emotions when she hears the stuff about James. If she can't trust him completely, it's better for her to send him home right away before she confuses herself even more. JMO

At this point I think she likes Brooks, Zak, and Chris the most. The show is doing a horrible job of editing any kind of love story. I think Brooks is in the lead at this point, but his story line is stagnant... it hasn't changed since their first 1 on 1 whereas I can see a progression with Zak and Chris. question

I read JBF's analysis over in the edit thread and I agree that this a season of people leaving. A few of the guys have issues with fathers leaving or being neglectful. Michael even highlighted how Ben was too being neglecting Brody. People are leaving because they were there "for the wrong reasons". I liked how it was noted that Brooks was shown saying that there might even be zero guys in the end. I don't think I've ever seen a season so focused on drama and so little on romance. Every time we think Des makes a connection with someone, someone else has a problem with it and starts an all our war to get rid of them! I hope we don't have to watch another season with this layout again... usually the Bette is the more romantic of the seasons.

I agree with everything you posted.

As to the bolded - I do recall him talking about his connection with Des a couple of times. In one he said something about some guys falling for her and I am one of them. There were a few other times too I think (not going to go re-watch since I did not enjoy most of the epi).

Team #[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
iPad mini typos [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by noobsleuth Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:15 am

nd4reality wrote:

As to the bolded - I do recall him talking about his connection with Des a couple of times. In one he said something about some guys falling for her and I am one of them. There were a few other times too I think (not going to go re-watch since I did not enjoy most of the epi).

I'm sure you're right nd... he had so many that I just remember them mostly being about protecting her from James or date narration. giggling

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
noobsleuth
noobsleuth

Female Posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:19 am

Desiree said what she wants in a guy when she gave Brooks the rose. It's in my sig!

As for Drew, the guy cannot hide his feelings! He looked like he was going to throw up when the cocktail party was cancelled!

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by GrahamGal Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:02 pm

nd4reality wrote:

It seemed initially his PIs were about romance and then after the GD they were all about protecting her from James. They are definitely hiding her connection with Drew. Is that to spare the F1 or hide the F1? My guess is to spare the F1 at this point, but I should have a better feel after their 1:1 next week.

In his first PI this week he said: "After last week we had some sparks. There definitely was some serious connection there. So here in Munich I'm just hoping to carry that momentum forward and looking for another opportunity to show how much I care about her." They showed none of that last week or this week. What are they hiding? IMO way to late for them to start an F1 storyline and if they wanted him as the next Bachelor you would think they would show more of his kissing with Des. Unless are trying to leave the viewers wanting more.

Anyway at this point I have to say it Brooks or Chris' to lose with Drew and Zak rounding out the top 4. As for the next Bachelor I can't see them interested in anyone other than Chris or Drew yet they don't seem to be building anyone up for the role as of yet. Unless that is what they are starting to do with Drew now.
GrahamGal
GrahamGal

Female Posts : 4592

Back to top Go down

Post by DMBFan Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:14 pm

LibbyBell wrote:
atem wrote:This show is pushing Chris/Des romance wise to me!

I think that is one of the things that I find "off" about their relationship to me, too, atem! I think she likes him..they seem to have fairly good/easy conversations, she seems to like his poetry (although after the first poem, I would have stopped) and they have kissed several times BUT, I just don't see "it"; that little spark.

I was thinking it too but didn't want to get crucified. giggling I'm not a mushy person, so a poem on a special occasion is nice, but this need to recite one every time he sees her is a bit much. I ended up fast-forwarding that part last night.

DMBFan

Female Posts : 1549

Back to top Go down

Post by LibbyBell Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:27 pm

DMB-- :giggle:

How can you help it when the music starts to play, And your ability to reason is swept away
Oh-oh-oh, heaven on earth is all you see, You're out of touch with reality
And now you cry but when you do-- Next time around someone cries for you
LibbyBell
LibbyBell

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:18 pm

GrahamGal wrote:
nd4reality wrote:

It seemed initially his PIs were about romance and then after the GD they were all about protecting her from James.  They are definitely hiding her connection with Drew.  Is that to spare the F1 or hide the F1?  My guess is to spare the F1 at this point, but I should have a better feel after their 1:1 next week.

In his first PI this week he said: "After last week we had some sparks.  There definitely was some serious connection there. So here in Munich I'm just hoping to carry that momentum forward and looking for another opportunity to show how much I care about her." They showed none of that last week or this week.  What are they hiding?  IMO way to late for them to start an F1 storyline and if they wanted him as the next Bachelor you would think they would show more of his kissing with Des.  Unless are trying to leave the viewers wanting more.

Anyway at this point I have to say it Brooks or Chris' to lose with Drew and Zak rounding out the top 4.  As for the next Bachelor I can't see them interested in anyone other than Chris or Drew yet they don't seem to be building anyone up for the role as of yet.  Unless that is what they are starting to do with Drew now.

Good insights! But to your bolded points ... I just don't think they would spare the F1 as they have a history of playing up physical edit with other F2's ... Arie with Emily. Bevin with Dr. Andy and Chantal with Brad2.0. I even remember thinking with Ashley's season that it was JP all the way but then at that last chance date with Ben, I had a tiny bit of doubt all because the scene in bed with Ashley and Ben. Way too hot kissing (and wasn't her leg wrapped around him) esp when we all know how jealous JP had been!

The hiding of Drew ... onscreen and even in her blogs where he has had zero mentions (vs. say Zak and Juan Pablo who have both been mentioned in about three of her blogs yet have had no one on one dates) ... is a HUGE mystery among spoiled and unspoiled. We don't get it!
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:22 pm

I say we wait for next week. She has a date with Drew then.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Iam4UGA Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:50 pm

Love reading everyone's thoughts!

I was not feeling it with Chris either.

The group date looked like lots of fun, but with you guys, missed the Drew time!

When the guys were talking about James, I looked at all 4 guys, and I think those might be the ones that go farthest.  I'm not sure why I got that feeling, but I can just get that vibe.  No watch me be totally wrong!

Looking forward to next week!

"How careful I must be, somewhere a little fellow watches me." - Herman Boone - High School Hall of Fame Coach
Iam4UGA
Iam4UGA

Female Posts : 800

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:10 pm

MVMom39forever wrote:
GrahamGal wrote:
nd4reality wrote:

It seemed initially his PIs were about romance and then after the GD they were all about protecting her from James.  They are definitely hiding her connection with Drew.  Is that to spare the F1 or hide the F1?  My guess is to spare the F1 at this point, but I should have a better feel after their 1:1 next week.

In his first PI this week he said: "After last week we had some sparks.  There definitely was some serious connection there. So here in Munich I'm just hoping to carry that momentum forward and looking for another opportunity to show how much I care about her." They showed none of that last week or this week.  What are they hiding?  IMO way to late for them to start an F1 storyline and if they wanted him as the next Bachelor you would think they would show more of his kissing with Des.  Unless are trying to leave the viewers wanting more.

Anyway at this point I have to say it Brooks or Chris' to lose with Drew and Zak rounding out the top 4.  As for the next Bachelor I can't see them interested in anyone other than Chris or Drew yet they don't seem to be building anyone up for the role as of yet.  Unless that is what they are starting to do with Drew now.

Good insights! But to your bolded points ... I just don't think they would spare the F1 as they have a history of playing up physical edit with other F2's ... Arie with Emily. Bevin with Dr. Andy and Chantal with Brad2.0. I even remember thinking with Ashley's season that it was JP all the way but then at that last chance date with Ben, I had a tiny bit of doubt all because the scene in bed with Ashley and Ben. Way too hot kissing (and wasn't her leg wrapped around him) esp when we all know how jealous JP had been!

The hiding of Drew ... onscreen and even in her blogs where he has had zero mentions (vs. say Zak and Juan Pablo who have both been mentioned in about three of her blogs yet have had no one on one dates) ... is a HUGE mystery among spoiled and unspoiled. We don't get it!

Yup EVERYONE is wondering what's up with Drew. At some point we will all go :shock: that is what was up laugh out loud.
And yes they have never spared the anyone wrt screen time previously.

Team #[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
iPad mini typos [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

*No Spoilers* Episode 5 - 6/24 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

+8
nd4reality
noobsleuth
in2deep
Admin
alwaystulips