SELECT CONTENT

Episode 6 - 7/01 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 51 of 52 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 6 - 7/01 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 51 Empty Re: Episode 6 - 7/01 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by BarbB222 Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:05 am

eusebeia wrote:
atem wrote:
eusebeia wrote:I rewatched some of the episode today and in the middle of all the James drama there's a sweet moment when James gets back from his "I'm in it for the right reasons" chat with Des on the morning of the RC.  James comes back to the house where the men are all sitting and Brooks asks "Is she coming back?"  The other guys want to know about James' conversation with Des:  Brooks couldn't care less about that.  He just wants to know if there'll be another chance for him to see her.  

Really?  That's interesting.  I am looking forward to their metaphor game on their next date!

When I rewatched I focused just on Brooks, who I hadn't noticed the first time because he has no lines in that scene.  But he doesn't zone out--he listens intently, tho he's VERY uncomfortable.  Physically uncomfortable, because James has to smush himself between Brooks and another guy.  Brooks moves over and goes to put his arm on the back of the couch--realizes James is there and ends up dropping his arm behind the couch.  Awkward.  Emotionally uncomfortable too--he stares at the floor at one point like he wants to be anywhere but there.  

I guess the producers felt the need for Brooks to validate the James drama somehow, so we do get a PI of Brooks on the balcony saying if Desiree keeps James he Brooks would have some questions for her.  He gets the line off fine but he doesn't convince me he's in the least worried that James will get a rose that night.  James is the last meathead standing and he's on his way out.  

One thing Desiree did show me this episode tho--that girl can cry on a dime!  We got TWO preview-worthy cries from her over James--one during her chat with him and one PI.  

I was wrong about one thing tho--Bres gets LESS than a minute of SQT on screen the night before.  I wonder how long they actually had together--the evening James confrontation scene that Brooks was allowed to skip might have taken quite a while. Hugesmile  

Yeah--I'm looking forward to the metaphor game too--actually to the WHOLE Bres date.  How do they not fall from that tiny outcrop?!:shock:   You can see why they needed to do their head-fake preview after Barcelona.  If they had waited the end of the Madeira episode, people would have turned off their TVs without watching the preview and be convinced it was Brooks for the win--and maybe skipped all the episodes until the finale.

Regarding the bolded, look how many positions they had although editing mixed them up. First the talk next to each other, there's another time she's nestled under his arm and then she sits on his lap. That most certainly tools more than a minute. What I think is they asked Brooks to stay with Des because he's one of the only ones that can keep her occupied while they get footage of the James fiasco.
BarbB222
BarbB222

Female Posts : 2366

Back to top Go down

Episode 6 - 7/01 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 51 Empty Re: Episode 6 - 7/01 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Guest Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:48 am

gabriele wrote:
ZevirahWolf wrote:
beader wrote:
ZevirahWolf wrote:
Norcalgal wrote:
mrsbatonmom wrote:TV Guides description of home towns:

Desiree visits the Top 4 contender’s hometowns.  One suitor treats her to a snow-cone-truck adventure; another shows his devotion to his family; a third bachelor takes her out for a day of baseball; and another considers his mother’s advice about Desiree.  Three suitors remain after the rose ceremony.

Guess it's a safe bet that Chris takes her to play baseball on HT.

Zak's is the snow-cone adventure;)

That's what I figured..snow cones are big in Texas!  Isn't everything big in Texas.  :yes: 

So I'd guess Drew for devotion to family and Brooks for considering his mother's advice.  Who knows though.

His parents actually run their own, rather popular, kona-ice biz;) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I am actually surprised there wasn't a HTD spotting;
zak isn't from some intellectual, well-educated family? or do his parents do that on the side? if all his accomplishments are without growing up in a high-achieving family then that is even more impressive.

Oh, no he is..Especially his dad;) They did very well for themeless in the past and took up this biz only a few years ago after all the kids where officially out of the house... Something fun and light-hearted and where they can enjoy more time together, interact with kids and do something good on the side(ie.the fundraising) :yes: ;)

It's also an opportunity to spend time with their own children.....when they are in town they often help out just to spend more time with them... They are a very close-knit, loving family :Smiley: 
(a pic of Zak, his mom and his brother in their kona-ice attire)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by ZevirahWolf on Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:33 am

very cool. zak has totally grown on me. i wasn't too into him first epi but now i really like him. smart & funny is a great combo. i bet he'll find a great woman after doing the show.

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverEnoughTime Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:40 pm

Apparently good looks runs in that family!

NeverEnoughTime

Back to top Go down

Post by terabithia Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:00 pm

sfrank wrote:I have watched the preview ad nauseum and here is my take...

The preview makes it look like Des wants Drew, he says no and she let's everyone else go which means that is NOT how it went down.

Here's what I think happens illustrated with SC...

sfrank, you will be remembered if this is how it goes down! Great analysis of the preview and screencaps.

I think a wild ending would have Des saying goodbye to Chris at the FRC before she knows Brooks is back, and then Brooks shows up! hahahahaha That would feel so scripted and produced to me, but it'd be something new. I can't imagine them getting engaged right then though, I think she'd have too many questions, and RS says they're engaged (for whatever engaged means on this show, obviously some couples take it more seriously than others).

I finally had a chance to watch this week's episode and made it through part 1 on OnDemand. Oh my gawd, the James drama was even more tiring than everyone said. Totally stupid. I think he knew they didn't have the spark to make it to F1 and then it was just two dudes BSing about all the fun they'd have later, a mutual ego boost for the frat guys who knew they were out of contention. We're still studs bro, the chicks back home all want us, totally man. Typical. Boring. I'm glad he's gone though so I'm not complaining about the end result. :)
terabithia
terabithia

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:35 am

just watched the episode.. well, i'll say this. james could never be the bachelor because you'd have to kiss ass to the producers & he's pretty tuned into reality. also, des needs to learn to say no cause it could get her into trouble! trust me, i know! lol. guys like james are such smooth talkers.. i fall every time.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:54 pm

california90 wrote:just watched the episode.. well, i'll say this. james could never be the bachelor because you'd have to kiss ass to the producers & he's pretty tuned into reality. also, des needs to learn to say no cause it could get her into trouble! trust me, i know! lol. guys like james are such smooth talkers.. i fall every time.

I don't know if it's a matter of James being more tuned into reality than the others or just not being that into Des to begin with (and being arrogant/clueless enough to boast as opposed to keeping his trap shut). It's a lot easier not to succumb to the brainwashing if the lead really isn't your type anyway (although of course some do regardless). To wit, I always felt that JP Rosenbaum was one of the more level headed and realistic contestants on this franchise, but because he was really into Ashley from early on, I don't think it ever occurred to him during filming that if he "lost", he could still become the next Bachelor (and that wouldn't be too bad), because he sincerely cared for her and wanted her, not fame. And I have no doubt that he was also far too smart to get pulled into a "fame" conversation the way James claimed he was by Mikey.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:18 pm

ZevirahWolf wrote:

Not fair. His mother looks younger than me, and my kids aren't even out of high school yet.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:33 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:
ZevirahWolf wrote:

Not fair.  His mother looks younger than me, and my kids aren't even out of high school yet.

His brother is better looking than Zak.
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:15 pm

ironcat wrote:
california90 wrote:just watched the episode.. well, i'll say this. james could never be the bachelor because you'd have to kiss ass to the producers & he's pretty tuned into reality. also, des needs to learn to say no cause it could get her into trouble! trust me, i know! lol. guys like james are such smooth talkers.. i fall every time.

I don't know if it's a matter of James being more tuned into reality than the others or just not being that into Des to begin with (and being arrogant/clueless enough to boast as opposed to keeping his trap shut).  It's a lot easier not to succumb to the brainwashing if the lead really isn't your type anyway (although of course some do regardless).  To wit, I always felt that JP Rosenbaum was one of the more level headed and realistic contestants on this franchise, but because he was really into Ashley from early on, I don't think it ever occurred to him during filming that if he "lost", he could still become the next Bachelor (and that wouldn't be too bad), because he sincerely cared for her and wanted her, not fame.  And I have no doubt that he was also far too smart to get pulled into a "fame" conversation the way James claimed he was by Mikey.

oh i don't disagree with you, i was just saying that james wouldn't be cut out for the bachelor IMO because of going along with what the producers want, etc.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:34 am

dw_a_mom wrote:
ZevirahWolf wrote:

Not fair.  His mother looks younger than me, and my kids aren't even out of high school yet.

Yeah, she looks crazy good for 56..giggling 

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:48 pm

california90 wrote:
ironcat wrote:

I don't know if it's a matter of James being more tuned into reality than the others or just not being that into Des to begin with (and being arrogant/clueless enough to boast as opposed to keeping his trap shut).  It's a lot easier not to succumb to the brainwashing if the lead really isn't your type anyway (although of course some do regardless).  To wit, I always felt that JP Rosenbaum was one of the more level headed and realistic contestants on this franchise, but because he was really into Ashley from early on, I don't think it ever occurred to him during filming that if he "lost", he could still become the next Bachelor (and that wouldn't be too bad), because he sincerely cared for her and wanted her, not fame.  And I have no doubt that he was also far too smart to get pulled into a "fame" conversation the way James claimed he was by Mikey.

oh i don't disagree with you, i was just saying that james wouldn't be cut out for the bachelor IMO because of going along with what the producers want, etc.

It's probably a moot point to begin with, since IMO James would never have been on the short list to be the next lead even if he had made F4 (just don't think he has been as likeable and "fan friendly" as Chris, Drew or Zak), but I still think that when someone signs on to be the lead, they realize that it's a "trade off"- money, temporary fame and "privilege" in exchange for doing the producers' bidding. Since James apparently has/had aspirations to become the next Bachelor, I suspect he would have been more than willing to do the producers' bidding in order to get the other stuff he craved.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 51 of 52 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 6 - 7/01 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

+59
Norcalgal
mrsbatonmom
bleuberry
luvstx
Jaybird