SELECT CONTENT

Last Chance Dates - Screencaps - Discussion

Page 52 of 55 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Last Chance Dates - Screencaps - Discussion - Page 52 Empty Re: Last Chance Dates - Screencaps - Discussion

Post by summerluvn Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:35 pm

JBF wrote:I had to go back and read her blog...

Ben's family was one of the families that surprised me the most. In my mind, I thought they were going to be loud, outgoing, and somewhat goofy like Ben. I was so surprised to see that they were quite the opposite. They were sophisticated and conservative. His mother reminded me of Coco Chanel! I was so nervous talking with her and felt somewhat intimidated.

My oh my... Chrystie would be equally surprised.

So now I can't stop laughing thinking about Cyrstie meeting Ames' sophisticated family. That would be television gold. giggling
summerluvn
summerluvn

Back to top Go down

Last Chance Dates - Screencaps - Discussion - Page 52 Empty Re: Last Chance Dates - Screencaps - Discussion

Post by Guest Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:37 pm

Ben's family was one of the families that surprised me the most. In my mind, I thought they were going to be loud, outgoing, and somewhat goofy like Ben. I was so surprised to see that they were quite the opposite. They were sophisticated and conservative. His mother reminded me of Coco Chanel! I was so nervous talking with her and felt somewhat intimidated.

I keep reading this over and over and trying to figure out if it's a compliment or a NOT? I'm sure Ashley meant it as a compliment and in no way a derogatory comment, but it does kind of leave Ben hanging out there without a safety net!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:44 pm

Jmho but Ben's manner of speaking has almost never been anything but lowkey, so i don't know that his love for Ashley can be judged by his intonation...? He looked MIGHTY happy picking out that ring, to my eyes...

Also, I really don't believe he said what he said about his family's approval as defining almost a threat/dealbreaker situation, with respect to Ashley ..... He was so certain that they would approve of her (esp. after he said all the "kind words" he was going to say about her lol) that to me it was just his way of underscoring (a) how tight he and his family are, and (b) his confidence that it was so not an issue. I took that whole convo as an indirect compliment to Ashley - esp. since he'd only brought 1 other person to meet his family, meaning, he must think pretty highly of her to have brought her home... jmho (sigh)

Back to top Go down

Post by mnmhughes Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:48 pm

alsoaktchr wrote:Jmho but Ben's manner of speaking has almost never been anything but lowkey, so i don't know that his love for Ashley can be judged by his intonation...? He looked MIGHTY happy picking out that ring, to my eyes...

Also, I really don't believe he said what he said about his family's approval as defining almost a threat/dealbreaker situation, with respect to Ashley ..... He was so certain that they would approve of her (esp. after he said all the "kind words" he was going to say about her laugh out loud) that to me it was just his way of underscoring (a) how tight he and his family are, and (b) his confidence that it was so not an issue. I took that whole convo as an indirect compliment to Ashley - esp. since he'd only brought 1 other person to meet his family, meaning, he must think pretty highly of her to have brought her home... jmho (sigh)

I agree with you -- I just think he's a lowkey kind of guy, and that's reflected in how he speaks and acts. I would actually question his authenticity if he started speaking excitedly about everything! giggling
mnmhughes
mnmhughes

Female Posts : 8112

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:56 pm

summerluvn wrote:

So now I can't stop laughing thinking about Cyrstie meeting Ames' sophisticated family. That would be television gold. giggling

:yes: I'll bet Fleiss would be salivating at the mere thought!

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:36 pm

summerluvn wrote:

Now that I would love to see!! Oddly enough, I think they would hit it off! rotfl

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by LibbyBell Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:11 am

GrahamGal wrote:Someone mentioned that during the mud bath she is talking about going down and grabbing more mud. After watching it it appears that is exactly what she is talking about, but when she realizes how that sounded she starts laughing. If she had been talking about him she could have reached lower, not wished she could.

Bringing this from another thread:
LibbyBell wrote:
albean99 wrote:... snipped for brevity
Since there were comments about pecks with Ben, what do you all think about Ashley's comment to Ben in the mud bath about wishing she could reach lower? I thought it was very suggestive and surprised me since she knew she'd be getting engaged to another guy in a day or two. Perhaps Ben had good reason to think he was "the one". I think there was possibly a lot more chemistry with Ben than people think. 😕
I've only seen the clip a couple of times and have not done a lot of super analysing of it but, when I heard Ashley say this the first thing that I took from it was that she was standing in the mud up to her chin already and I don't think that she could reach the bottom of the pit in order to grab a good handful without dunking her head into the mud. When they were toward the bank of the mud pit, she had no problem reaching and grabbing mud to rub all over Ben. I get that the mud, all slippery, would be sensual to rub all over but, in watching the clip, I really don't see much action behind the words. Perhaps we will see more in what makes the show vs. the preview but, usually, they preview the best that they have. I also know what the enuendo was and Ben certainly laughed at it but, I think sometimes Ashley speaks without thinking how a statement will sound. It did get her in trouble in HK when she told the other guys about the B thing-- she made it sound like they were all 2nd fiddles when in reality, they weren't. JMO based on a few initial viewings of the clip.

GG, I was the one that mentioned this and I'm glad you see what I saw in the clip. Ashley is talking about grabbing more mud-- as it is, she is standing neck deep in the mud and is apparently does not have long enough arms to reach down and grab a good handful of mud-- as soon as she says it, she knows how it sounds and starts laughing.... of course then, so does Ben. She is not saying what is implied.

How can you help it when the music starts to play, And your ability to reason is swept away
Oh-oh-oh, heaven on earth is all you see, You're out of touch with reality
And now you cry but when you do-- Next time around someone cries for you
LibbyBell
LibbyBell

Back to top Go down

Post by LibbyBell Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:19 am

JBF wrote:One thing I find so comical is how Ashley loves talking “dirty” around Ben. I am assuming she knows all about the Cream Video, seeing his get-up in the cut scene we were denied. Their potty talk shaw is so awfully cute. Bet their doggie sounds will bring the family house down in Vomo.

I can see Chrystie’s mind operating now. Ben’s home life must be like a Saturday Night Life sketch that never ends. Bet Julia and Barbara are the life of the party. Little does she realize Benny Boy is trying so hard to play Mommie’s Little Rebel. Bad enough his family forced him to get his hair-cut for the next rose ceremony. He HAD to be make that video!

Then we have Jordan Paul Rosenbaum from Long Island and Chrystie feeling she needs to cover her tattoos and put on the long dress before visiting those in-laws. We only hear JP curse when he’s upset in Taiwan. The rest of the time he is a male version of Barbara Walters. Well, his family is somewhat mild mannered, but Ashley fit in quite nicely in her goofy dorky way.

Very interesting theory-- you could be right JBF

How can you help it when the music starts to play, And your ability to reason is swept away
Oh-oh-oh, heaven on earth is all you see, You're out of touch with reality
And now you cry but when you do-- Next time around someone cries for you
LibbyBell
LibbyBell

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:10 am

I think we have learned a LOT about Ben and JP this season and where they are "at" this point in their lives. It is obvious that JP is "ready" to play the husband role. Ben may not be there quite yet, but this experience certainly helped him. Ben, simply put, is still trying to find himself, so to speak... to see himself as an individual rather than as a "son" or "member of the group". Nothing new here... everybody goes through this. Heck, he is still in his twenties... and many of us twice his age are still trying to find ourselves!

The hair business was emphasized on the hometowns for a reason. With JP, that mullet was just a trip-down-memory-lane (like the baby pictures), showcasing how much he has changed over the years. No comments made about the shaved head, even though he's the only one in the family sporting it. With Ben's hometown, Barbara said she had more "power over him" in the past. It was a very funny joke that made me laugh, but also helped explain why something like that Cream Video would be made. Then we see his hair-cut at the next RC, which made me think THEY got him to do it. (Constantine just complained about his Euro Mullet in Fiji, but nobody in HIS family commented on HIS hair... so it didn't dawn on him until after seeing his bro-buddy get one!)

Both have very protective families, but they are protective for different reasons.

Julia tells us she is even more protective of Ben that we think. She also wants to protect her family. They have that father loss situation and "not many family members left", but you can see other factors playing here as well. Ashley considers family approval so important and this will create MASSIVE drama involving her family on Monday, but this line spells out both Ben and Ashley: "I think I'm most nervous to meet Ben's family because there's a lot of pressure on this date for Ben. I know his family has been through a lot recently and I know how important this is to him and I really want to make it work." (Personally, I think she was 95% certain he wasn't the one, but was now playing "Shrink" so he can be ready for somebody else... just like proving to Ames he is not a nerd. LOL! Dino... oh heck, he needs no help.)

With the other family, that heartbreak business really gave them a work-out and they fear seeing JP go through another disturbing "dark phase". I don't see any problem with family approval here, however, which will make the Chrystie situation a major shock to him. Certainly Ashley was accepted for who she was. He told both Ilene and Roy he will handle the chance of heartbreak better this time. One of my favorite lines all season was said directly to Ashley: "At the end of all this, someone… someone’s heart is going to be broken, but unless I completely… completely put myself out there and expose my vulnerability and allow myself to get hurt, there is no way that we could ever work…" It took me by surprise because most of the fodder we hear on these episodes are about "the journey" or "I have an amazing family".
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Bhaka Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:59 am

JBF wrote:I think we have learned a LOT about Ben and JP this season and where they are "at" this point in their lives. It is obvious that JP is "ready" to play the husband role. Ben may not be there quite yet, but this experience certainly helped him. Ben, simply put, is still trying to find himself, so to speak... to see himself as an individual rather than as a "son" or "member of the group". Nothing new here... everybody goes through this. Heck, he is still in his twenties... and many of us twice his age are still trying to find ourselves!

The hair business was emphasized on the hometowns for a reason. With JP, that mullet was just a trip-down-memory-lane (like the baby pictures), showcasing how much he has changed over the years. No comments made about the shaved head, even though he's the only one in the family sporting it. With Ben's hometown, Barbara said she had more "power over him" in the past. It was a very funny joke that made me laugh, but also helped explain why something like that Cream Video would be made. Then we see his hair-cut at the next RC, which made me think THEY got him to do it. (Constantine just complained about his Euro Mullet in Fiji, but nobody in HIS family commented on HIS hair... so it didn't dawn on him until after seeing his bro-buddy get one!)

Both have very protective families, but they are protective for different reasons.

Julia tells us she is even more protective of Ben that we think. She also wants to protect her family. They have that father loss situation and "not many family members left", but you can see other factors playing here as well. Ashley considers family approval so important and this will create MASSIVE drama involving her family on Monday, but this line spells out both Ben and Ashley: "I think I'm most nervous to meet Ben's family because there's a lot of pressure on this date for Ben. I know his family has been through a lot recently and I know how important this is to him and I really want to make it work." (Personally, I think she was 95% certain he wasn't the one, but was now playing "Shrink" so he can be ready for somebody else... just like proving to Ames he is not a nerd. LOL! Dino... oh heck, he needs no help.)

With the other family, that heartbreak business really gave them a work-out and they fear seeing JP go through another disturbing "dark phase". I don't see any problem with family approval here, however, which will make the Chrystie situation a major shock to him. Certainly Ashley was accepted for who she was. He told both Ilene and Roy he will handle the chance of heartbreak better this time. One of my favorite lines all season was said directly to Ashley: "At the end of all this, someone… someone’s heart is going to be broken, but unless I completely… completely put myself out there and expose my vulnerability and allow myself to get hurt, there is no way that we could ever work…" It took me by surprise because most of the fodder we hear on these episodes are about "the journey" or "I have an amazing family".
Great post, JBF. I hadn't made the connection of how "hair" was handled by the two families.

The bolded was also one of my favorite quotes from this season. JP is putting responsibility for his feelings directly on himself. IMO, that is a very mature perspective and bodes well for this couple.
Bhaka
Bhaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Reality Mary Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:16 am

Bhaka wrote:
JBF wrote:I think we have learned a LOT about Ben and JP this season and where they are "at" this point in their lives. It is obvious that JP is "ready" to play the husband role. Ben may not be there quite yet, but this experience certainly helped him. Ben, simply put, is still trying to find himself, so to speak... to see himself as an individual rather than as a "son" or "member of the group". Nothing new here... everybody goes through this. Heck, he is still in his twenties... and many of us twice his age are still trying to find ourselves!

Great post, JBF. I hadn't made the connection of how "hair" was handled by the two families.

The bolded was also one of my favorite quotes from this season. JP is putting responsibility for his feelings directly on himself. IMO, that is a very mature perspective and bodes well for this couple.

Love the bolded quote too and totally agree that JP is showing a mature view of this process.

JBF, I search for your posts, my favorite because you always make me think. The haircut comments I think show that even though JP wore his hair long in a mullet, he now wears his hair exactly how he wants. Probably it is best for site visits wearing a hard hat. Ben on the other hand still wears his hair how his mother suggests, getting it cut for the Fiji trip. One man makes his own decisions, one man still taking suggestions from his mother which points out which one is ready to run his own family to me. JMO :hidingchair
Reality Mary
Reality Mary

Female Posts : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:28 am

Reality Mary wrote:
Bhaka wrote:

Love the bolded quote too and totally agree that JP is showing a mature view of this process.

JBF, I search for your posts, my favorite because you always make me think. The haircut comments I think show that even though JP wore his hair long in a mullet, he now wears his hair exactly how he wants. Probably it is best for site visits wearing a hard hat. Ben on the other hand still wears his hair how his mother suggests, getting it cut for the Fiji trip. One man makes his own decisions, one man still taking suggestions from his mother which points out which one is ready to run his own family to me. JMO :hidingchair

No need to hide under a chair, IMO, you speak the truth. There is a 5-6 year age difference between the guys, and it is expected that there would be a difference in maturity level as well. Ben may make a wonderful husband some day, and if he and Ashley had fallen madly in love the way Ash did with JP or Ali did with Roberto, it may have caused him to grow up a little bit as a result, and pushed him more into thinking seriously about marriage and future. As it stood, he met a girl he really liked after a long dry period, thought she felt the same way, and between the excitement of the moment, the competition, and the manipulation of the producers, decided to get engaged. I seriously doubt it ever crossed his mind to actually think seriously and critically about the marriage part of it and how that would work.

And JBF, great post!!

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 52 of 55 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Last Chance Dates - Screencaps - Discussion

+89
bluesea
Bhaka
summerluvn
marshavnyd
LuvnIt