SELECT CONTENT

Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Thread #1

Page 82 of 83 Previous  1 ... 42 ... 81, 82, 83  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Thread #1 - Page 82 Empty Re: Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Thread #1

Post by umngirl Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:39 pm

SouthernMomOf4 wrote:I actually feel really sorry for Des right now.  There is no right choice for her.

If she chooses Drew or Chris, she is desperate and needy.

If she chooses Brooks, she is desperate and needy.

If she walks away alone - what is wrong with her?

She will be vilified on the boards no matter what she does.  Sad but true.

Personally, I think she would get the least flack for walking away alone. In fact, everyone I've talked to who watches the show thinks that's exactly what she should do.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Thread #1 - Page 82 Empty Re: Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Thread #1

Post by Beeleever Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:45 pm

Agree. The only way Des is going to maintain a sense of dignity and self respect is to walk away alone. If she chooses any other option at this point, the viewing audience is going to be merciless.

ETA: Having said that, I am going to support whatever decision she makes. It's not my place to decide how she should live her life. Believe me...we don't even know an nth of what goes down on this show. Only Des and her F1 know the truth, along with the producers, of course. We can make decisions on what we see, but with VO's and major pieces on the cutting room floor, there is no way we have the full story.

Last edited by Beeleever on Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:48 pm

But, she does get engaged. So...no idea 

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:49 pm

Hi All - Sorry for butting in here. I have not been keeping up with all the posts from this season at all, and I'm sure its been discussed, but I have a couple of questions.

Has it been sleuthed, proof by way of s/caps that Brooks physically comes back. Was the AFRC a live audience?

One of the posts in this thread, I apologize I can't remember who, said it reminded them of Jason letting Molly go. I was thinking the same thing. She lets Chris and Drew go, the show ends with her choosing no one, then we go to the AFRC and Drew comes back, begging for a 2nd chance?

Forgive me if this has been hashed and rehashed.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71460

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:54 pm

atem wrote:But, she does get engaged.  So...no idea 

Yeah, I know atem. I'm with you. I'm speaking about the general viewing population being merciless, most of whom are unspoiled. She is going to get a whole lot of crap if she chooses any of the remaining 3 guys. Just sayin...
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:00 pm

Beeleever wrote:My thoughts on last night's show...

This was the most heartfelt and real conversation this show has ever produced.

There is constant manipulation going on behind the scenes. What in the world caused Brooks to say the things he said and then react the way he did (with a little smile on his face) when Des told him she loves him? It was a total conundrum.

What is he supposed to do at that point, tell her that if she really loves him, then he's still in???

I feel sorry for everyone involved in this whole fiasco.

Chris and Drew are great guys and don't deserve this. How incredibly betrayed they must feel to watch her say how conflicted she was because she didn't want to share her heart or date anyone but Brooks. Just brutal.

Des doesn't deserve to be treated like this. Brooks doesn't deserve to be manipulated like this.

I can't find a single scenario that would be plausible. There is just no good way to end this, other than for her to walk away alone. And according to the spoilers, that's not what happens.

This summed up my thoughts perfectly.  There really is no good way to end it.  I desperately hope the spoilers are wrong (at least on the engagement front).

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:02 pm

relaxing wrote:
Beeleever wrote:My thoughts on last night's show...

This was the most heartfelt and real conversation this show has ever produced.

There is constant manipulation going on behind the scenes. What in the world caused Brooks to say the things he said and then react the way he did (with a little smile on his face) when Des told him she loves him? It was a total conundrum.

What is he supposed to do at that point, tell her that if she really loves him, then he's still in???

I feel sorry for everyone involved in this whole fiasco.

Chris and Drew are great guys and don't deserve this. How incredibly betrayed they must feel to watch her say how conflicted she was because she didn't want to share her heart or date anyone but Brooks. Just brutal.

Des doesn't deserve to be treated like this. Brooks doesn't deserve to be manipulated like this.

I can't find a single scenario that would be plausible. There is just no good way to end this, other than for her to walk away alone. And according to the spoilers, that's not what happens.

This summed up my thoughts perfectly.  There really is no good way to end it.  I desperately hope the spoilers are wrong (at least on the engagement front).

Good way to end it: Brooks comes back. Says he was wrong, confused. He wants to see if they can make it in the real world. Promise ring? That would work for me and lots of viewers who see the Brooks and Des connection and don't want to see Des alone and broken-hearted at the end of this show in front of almost 8 million viewers!
Cecilia
Cecilia

Female Posts : 2283

Back to top Go down

Post by reidaddict Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:04 pm

I hasd
nutty1 wrote:I just finished watching. WOW…..it was harder the second time, I actually cried.

ONE VERY IMPORTANT THING I NOTICED!!
When Brooks says that about wishing she loved Drew or Chris, it was in a VO, or sounded very edited. You never saw him saying those words.

I had to go back and watch again cause I could've swore you saw his mouth say those words but you are right we don't see it!! What I did notice while rewatching was the last thing he says while standing there crying after Des walks off, is bleeped out, so I just assumed he said a cuss word but it's more like a short sentence or phrase is bleeped out, like maybe he said I've f'd up! And at that point he is really second quessing himself. Also when he is walking back up the hill and we hear him talking in a VO his statement is TOTALLY SPLICED AND DICED!! He says "I don't know if I've ever had a realtionship where it's "DA" said goodbye has been this difficult". You can 100% hear that those two things were said at different times or put together by the producers.

reidaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkflowers31 Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:06 pm

I'm not convinced that Des gets engaged at the end of all this. If she does end up with someone, I really hope they take it slow, with no engagement, but we'll see what happens.

I hope that if Brooks comes back, that she doesn't take him back. No amount of producer manipulation made him say that he wasn't madly in love with her, knew how love felt and he didn't feel it with her, that he lost it when he wasn't with her, and didn't think of her as the love of his life. If she did pick him, and had to watch that on tv last night, than I can't imagine how much those words hurt her, all over again. She alluded to something on her blog about being surprised seeing his conversations with Chris H. and his family.

One thing I'm curious about is people thinking that Des picking Chris/Drew would be a default, but her taking Brooks back wouldn't be?

I see her being upfront and honest with the two guys about what has happened with Brooks. I think she owes them that and I think that's the way it's going to happen.

I said yesterday that I thought she was going to pick Chris and I still feel that way. All season she has had a connection with him that has been shown, but underplayed imo. She wrote him that poem and also she has said a few times that she feels herself falling in love with him. She definitely has feelings for him, although she thought she was going to pick Brooks in the end.

What if Chris listens to her about Brooks, and then asks her if she has feelings for him...Chris? She will probably tell Chris that she was falling in love with him, but thought it was going to be Brooks in the end. What if Chris loves her so much that he asks her to give him a chance, that he wants to build on the feelings she already has for him? IMO, if it's Chris, then that would explain her saying... "I've always known I deserved love, but I've never felt so loved before." I can't see her saying that about Brooks even if he comes back and is suddenly head over heels for her.

I don't think an engagement should happen with anyone, but if it does happen, it would be smart of Des to have a very, very long engagement.

I liked all three guys, but after last night, I feel Chris is the one that loves her the way she needs to be loved. I want her to have that kind of love that she's never had before, and since she already has feelings for Chris, I really think it could work out. I don't think Brooks could ever love her the way she needs to be loved, not after the things he said last night.
pinkflowers31
pinkflowers31

Female Posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:10 pm

Beeleever wrote:

Yeah, I know atem. I'm with you. I'm speaking about the general viewing population being merciless, most of whom are unspoiled. She is going to get a whole lot of crap if she chooses any of the remaining 3 guys. Just sayin...
whoever the F1 is it won't be easy on them either. if it were chris people would say he's default and how could he live with being second choice, and brooks will be going through the ringer with what people will say. no wonder he went on a cruise to get away from the paps for a few days. he knows what's coming. while i think des & brooks will be together i'm not at all sure how they will do post-show. it's going to be brutal on them and i honestly don't know that they'll be able to last long together. i'm only invested 'til the end of the show.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:49 pm

gabriele wrote:
Beeleever wrote:

whoever the F1 is it won't be easy on them either. if it were chris people would say he's default and how could he live with being second choice, and brooks will be going through the ringer with what people will say. no wonder he went on a cruise to get away from the paps for a few days. he knows what's coming. while i think des & brooks will be together i'm not at all sure how they will do post-show. it's going to be brutal on them and i honestly don't know that they'll be able to last long together. i'm only invested 'til the end of the show.

yeah but at some point if Brooks doesn't love her maybe Des will come to her senses....I mean if in real life she met Brooks and dated him and then he dumped her she had to eventually move on to someone else. The question I guess is with Brooks out of the picture and knowing he didn;t love her could she get over him and fall for someone else..like Chris or Drew....I mean you can't keep falling in love with men who don't feel the same way...or you'd end up with no one. I'm wondering if after some time Des will think about how Brooks doesn't love her and if that will eventually turn her off and make her not even like him anymore so that she can move on. Another question is how much does she like Chris or Drew...could she have fallen in love with one of them if Brooks was never in the picture?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:58 pm

I just wish her well. We all have heartbreak but few if any have it play out on TV. The humiliation she experienced last night was awful. She deserves a break and I hope fans of the show will respect her choice even if they don't get it. JMHO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 82 of 83 Previous  1 ... 42 ... 81, 82, 83  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Thread #1

+113
cfck2222
happy2bme
kebarrera
black_tears
Mustang19