SELECT CONTENT

ATFR (Live) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion and Spoilers

Page 34 of 35 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ATFR (Live) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion and Spoilers - Page 34 Empty Re: ATFR (Live) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion and Spoilers

Post by 2observe Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:02 pm

iamreal2u wrote:Don't you need to understand your past to move forward with the future.  There is nothing wrong with learning from mistakes it all part of acceptance.  Plus, burying their heads in the sand, does not make it go away.  I guess I am a better now than later kinda person.
Imo, Des is the one that was suppose to learn from her past experience with choosing the wrong men.  Not Chris.  They choose to start their relationship anew so there was no need for them to revisit the past.:Smiley:
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

ATFR (Live) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion and Spoilers - Page 34 Empty Re: ATFR (Live) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion and Spoilers

Post by iamreal2u Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:05 pm

Aunties_Love wrote:
iamreal2u wrote:Don't you need to understand your past to move forward with the future.  There is nothing wrong with learning from mistakes it all part of acceptance.  Plus, burying their heads in the sand, does not make it go away.  I guess I am a better now than later kinda person.
I really don't think that has happened here.  I am sure in the last 3 months, Des and Chris have had a chance to discuss this all.  This is the thing, it has just happened to us, to them it is long over with and they have moved on.

I understand what your saying Aunties..but I believe in the interviews she said they did not discuss it before. Oh well what will be will be.
iamreal2u
iamreal2u

Female Posts : 4107

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:14 pm

Cecilia wrote:Chris and Des said in the teleconference interview that they had not discussed Brooks after the proposal.  That blows my mind.  So, I agree that maybe they should have that conversation now.  They might not have wanted to ruin the small amount of time they had together while dating in secret.
I think that as a couple, they would of discussed anything and everything that MATTERED to them. Maybe Brooks doesn't matter to Des anymore because maybe, just maybe, it is truely over with her and something that won't interfere in their lives. Again, this has been over and done with 3 months ago.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:17 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
Beeleever wrote:I don't see the comparison to Ashley and JP as apples to apples. Ashley was most certainly NOT confessing her love to Ben in the most heart-wrenching, emotional break-up we've ever seen, five days before accepting JP's proposal. Ashley faked her way through the end of the show because she had to in order to be with JP. Des is the one that said she ONLY wanted to date Brooks. Big difference.

If your relationship is built on a solid foundation, there isn't ANYTHING that you shouldn't be able to address and work through. Having this big a skeleton in your closet, one that the whole world knows about, and not dealing with it head on, is a red flag for me. I'm a Des fan and I respect her right to make her own decisions, but this one worries me. I know we all see things differently and I'm good with that.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Des/Chris=Chres? is much more aware of what really went on than what they profess.
I just watched an interview video where Chris talks about knowing some things and compartmentalizing. One thing that is very possible, is that if the couple takes the stance that Chris did not view certain things--interviewers will stop asking him how he handled certain things.
It lets him and her off the hook with certain persistent questions as a simple assertive pat answer can be given. "I didn't watch it, so can't comment."
Then after awhile those questions are no longer asked and you move on as they are doing in their life.
Another thing, this couple loved the idea of the foiler spoiler. Loved it.
I couldn't agree more with the bolded. They probably were all for the foil and in truth, it took the paps off of their backs and onto someone elses so therefore they could start with their relationship "under the cover" if you will pardon that one. LOL.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by brittany4400 Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:17 pm

I think some people are also missing something and hearing only what they want! Chris said he ONLY watched his and des journey and their parts! He didn't just avoid the "brooks scene" he also didn't watch any of drews, zaks, Jp, and whoever else!!!! I think more couples from this show could have bentifited from doing the same. They know what they are signing up for and there would be other men they are dating. I think it's shows a lot of maturity and wisdom on chris' part IMHO!
brittany4400
brittany4400

Back to top Go down

Post by Chacharo Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:28 pm

brittany4400 wrote:I think some people are also missing something and hearing only what they want! Chris said he ONLY watched his and des journey and their parts! He didn't just avoid the "brooks scene" he also didn't watch any of drews, zaks, Jp, and whoever else!!!! I think more couples from this show could have bentifited from doing the same. They know what they are signing up for and there would be other men they are dating. I think it's shows a lot of maturity and wisdom on chris' part IMHO!

I can't help but keep thinking about Emily saying how bad Tuesday mornings were in the Womack household.  I think Emily watching the program contributed a lot to their problems - well, she basically admitted as much on their ATFR.

I'm not into poetry so honestly didn't pay that much attention to Chris and Des's dates and interactions.  I have discovered watching him in the last couple of days that I think he's really attractive and I like his goofiness.  I like my guys light-hearted and laughing all the time - something that Chris seems to do naturally.

And that is why I have an AVI of Mia's little Fig Newton.  :Biggrin:

"In the end this show is like life more than it's not really....  Sometimes you get Jash and sometimes you get Courtney/Vienna.  The stinky ones squirt out 15 minutes of fame and the good ones make lemonade from their lemons.  It's all what you make of it." - auntie
Chacharo
Chacharo

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:28 pm

iamreal2u wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
I really don't think that has happened here.  I am sure in the last 3 months, Des and Chris have had a chance to discuss this all.  This is the thing, it has just happened to us, to them it is long over with and they have moved on.

I understand what your saying Aunties..but I believe in the interviews she said they did not discuss it before.  Oh well what will be will be.
Yep, looking at that one interview, it seems that Chris handled the Brooks thing just fine and they are looking forward to moving on.

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:30 pm

2observe wrote:
Imo, Des is the one that was suppose to learn from her past experience with choosing the wrong men.  Not Chris.  They choose to start their relationship anew so there was no need for them to revisit the past.:Smiley:
I agree 2observe. I think that they have had plenty of time to discuss where they are now and how the past may/may not of been a factor.

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by ImeldaMarcos Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:48 pm

Yep. Chris impresses me more and more as time goes on...and gets sexier. Probably exactly the same thing that happened to Des. How can you NOT just love the man? Adorkable, loving, dependable, unflappable, self deprecating - I could live without the overdose of poetry but if it was real and heartfelt would appreciate it. He is a keeper.

ImeldaMarcos

Back to top Go down

Post by beader Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:57 pm

I think Chris and Des are both intelligent people who will discuss whatever they feel needs to be discussed whenever either of them feel it needs to be discussed. They seems to be very intent on moving their relationship forward and planning for their future. Time will tell if they will make it in the real world, but I have faith they'll go about it in the way that is best for them.

beader

Back to top Go down

Post by Catdwoman50 Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:59 pm

ImeldaMarcos wrote:Yep. Chris impresses me more and more as time goes on...and gets sexier. Probably exactly the same thing that happened to Des. How can you NOT just love the man? Adorkable, loving, dependable, unflappable, self deprecating - I could live without the overdose of poetry but if it was real and heartfelt would appreciate it. He is a keeper.

There must be something wrong with me because I found Chris sexy since the baseball date (HTD, that's when I started watching).  I thought Brooks had more effeminate mannerisms so he wasn't my type AT ALL, Drew too young, Zak (eh!), whereas Chris was more take charge - he pulled her into him a lot - and flirty (ok the nose hair clipping was ewww to watch)!  I liked the poetry, especially since Des writes poems too.  I like alpha romantic types I guess.  Go Chris, Tis ALL Good!

Last edited by Catdwoman50 on Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Catdwoman50
Catdwoman50

Female Posts : 1684

Back to top Go down

Post by SouthernMomOf4 Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:39 pm

Catdwoman50 wrote:
ImeldaMarcos wrote:Yep. Chris impresses me more and more as time goes on...and gets sexier. Probably exactly the same thing that happened to Des. How can you NOT just love the man? Adorkable, loving, dependable, unflappable, self deprecating - I could live without the overdose of poetry but if it was real and heartfelt would appreciate it. He is a keeper.

There must be something wrong with me because I found Chris sexy since the baseball date (HTD, that's when I started watching).  I thought Brooks had more effeminate mannerisms so he wasn't my type AT ALL, Drew too young, Zak (eh!), whereas Chris was more take charge - he pulled her into him a lot - and flirty (ok the nose hair clipping was ewww to watch)!  I liked the poetry, especially since Des writes poems too.  I like alpha romantic types I guess.  Go Chris, Tis ALL Good!

Did you jump into my brain and write that for me? :yes: 

SouthernMomOf4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 35 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

ATFR (Live) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion and Spoilers

+95
docnash14
Relalou
Luvvy
Aunties_Love
kash