SELECT CONTENT

ATFR (Live) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion and Spoilers

Page 35 of 35 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 33, 34, 35

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ATFR (Live) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion and Spoilers - Page 35 Empty Re: ATFR (Live) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion and Spoilers

Post by Guest Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:24 pm

BachfanNY wrote:
Swissmiss wrote:
BachfanNY wrote:Just looking at Des post show - she looks like she's on cloud 9 (cringe)  question 

Anyway, I never heard her say she was completely over Brooks, and I don't think she was until after Monday night. She seems SO MUCH happier in her post show interviews than before, and particularly at the ATFR when rehashing the past with Brooks.  I think she needed that moment of closure with him. Girlfriend has moved on, I'm so happy for her!

Did you notice her body language when Brooks came out? She was leaning much more toward CH and not even remotely close to Brooks. Her legs crossed and pointing away too. I don't think she has feelings for him or at minimum positive ones. He strung her along. He knew that his feelings were behind yet took her home. More for his benefit than hers. Should it not have been the other way around?

Not sure what point your trying to make but I did notice her body language and it was more discomfort than anything else. I also think she wanted to make it very clear that she's moved on. I'm sure "feelings" (be it pain from the goodbye and her reaction, flashing images of what could have been, etc) stirred up at the sight of Brooks, I mean, they hadn't spoken since he left Antigua.  I don't believe for one second she didn't feel a thing. Impossible.

That being said, I do think they had a great conversation on the couch that brought closure to both. As awkward as it was, Des looks so much happier after it. I don't think she'll ever forget Brooks. But Chris is the love of her life, no doubt.

I think when somebody drops a bomb on you and drags it out as long as he did I think she did have feelings but not love more anger and resentment. She had time to think over the past few months and found a guy who treats her better. She is no fool and I am sure Brooks did not stir positive feelings. She glowed when Chris came out. I don't think she will ever forget Brooks but not in a good way.

As far as the body language it is part of my job and an occupational hazard. After forty plus years a hard habit to break. Sorry about that!

Back to top Go down

ATFR (Live) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion and Spoilers - Page 35 Empty Re: ATFR (Live) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion and Spoilers

Post by Alanna Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:00 am

Swissmiss wrote:
BachfanNY wrote:
Swissmiss wrote:
BachfanNY wrote:Just looking at Des post show - she looks like she's on cloud 9 (cringe)  question 

Anyway, I never heard her say she was completely over Brooks, and I don't think she was until after Monday night. She seems SO MUCH happier in her post show interviews than before, and particularly at the ATFR when rehashing the past with Brooks.  I think she needed that moment of closure with him. Girlfriend has moved on, I'm so happy for her!

Did you notice her body language when Brooks came out? She was leaning much more toward CH and not even remotely close to Brooks. Her legs crossed and pointing away too. I don't think she has feelings for him or at minimum positive ones. He strung her along. He knew that his feelings were behind yet took her home. More for his benefit than hers. Should it not have been the other way around?

Not sure what point your trying to make but I did notice her body language and it was more discomfort than anything else. I also think she wanted to make it very clear that she's moved on. I'm sure "feelings" (be it pain from the goodbye and her reaction, flashing images of what could have been, etc) stirred up at the sight of Brooks, I mean, they hadn't spoken since he left Antigua.  I don't believe for one second she didn't feel a thing. Impossible.

That being said, I do think they had a great conversation on the couch that brought closure to both. As awkward as it was, Des looks so much happier after it. I don't think she'll ever forget Brooks. But Chris is the love of her life, no doubt.

I think when somebody drops a bomb on you and drags it out as long as he did I think she did have feelings but not love more anger and resentment. She had time to think over the past few months and found a guy who treats her better. She is no fool and I am sure Brooks did not stir positive feelings. She glowed when Chris came out. I don't think she will ever forget Brooks but not in a good way.

As far as the body language it is part of my job and an occupational hazard. After forty plus years a hard habit to break. Sorry about that!
I'm sure she'll remember Brooks as the person who helped knock some sense into her. If Brooks didn't leave, he would be F1 and she'd continue thinking love is normal when she's chasing after her boyfriend and he's running away from her. Brooks deserves a thank you IMO for the epiphany his departure was able to give her.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Beagle Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:04 pm

Catdwoman50 wrote:
ImeldaMarcos wrote:Yep. Chris impresses me more and more as time goes on...and gets sexier. Probably exactly the same thing that happened to Des. How can you NOT just love the man? Adorkable, loving, dependable, unflappable, self deprecating - I could live without the overdose of poetry but if it was real and heartfelt would appreciate it. He is a keeper.
There must be something wrong with me because I found Chris sexy since the baseball date (HTD, that's when I started watching).  I thought Brooks had more effeminate mannerisms so he wasn't my type AT ALL, Drew too young, Zak (eh!), whereas Chris was more take charge - he pulled her into him a lot - and flirty (ok the nose hair clipping was ewww to watch)!  I liked the poetry, especially since Des writes poems too.  I like alpha romantic types I guess.  Go Chris, Tis ALL Good!
I think Chris is hot, sexy, sensitive, romantic, dependable, stable, manly and it blows my mind that the words "default", "second choice", "settling" are attached to this hunk. He should be second choice to no one. I hope Desiree realizes how lucky she is. He deserves to have someone crazy in love with him. I agree with you completely about Brooks.
Beagle
Beagle

Back to top Go down

Post by ImeldaMarcos Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:23 pm

Beagle wrote:
Catdwoman50 wrote:
ImeldaMarcos wrote:Yep. Chris impresses me more and more as time goes on...and gets sexier. Probably exactly the same thing that happened to Des. How can you NOT just love the man? Adorkable, loving, dependable, unflappable, self deprecating - I could live without the overdose of poetry but if it was real and heartfelt would appreciate it. He is a keeper.
There must be something wrong with me because I found Chris sexy since the baseball date (HTD, that's when I started watching).  I thought Brooks had more effeminate mannerisms so he wasn't my type AT ALL, Drew too young, Zak (eh!), whereas Chris was more take charge - he pulled her into him a lot - and flirty (ok the nose hair clipping was ewww to watch)!  I liked the poetry, especially since Des writes poems too.  I like alpha romantic types I guess.  Go Chris, Tis ALL Good!
I think Chris is hot, sexy, sensitive, romantic, dependable, stable, manly and it blows my mind that the words "default", "second choice", "settling" are attached to this hunk.  He should be second choice to no one. I hope Desiree realizes how lucky she is. He deserves to have someone crazy in love with him. I agree with you completely about Brooks.
I am pretty sure that Chris feels like no one's second choice. He is confident in his relationship with Des. He said so all season and afterwards. None of the F4 were my "type" but a man can grow much more attractive with his personality and character over time. That has great value in my book.

ImeldaMarcos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 35 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 33, 34, 35

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

ATFR (Live) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion and Spoilers

+95
docnash14
Relalou
Luvvy
Aunties_Love
kash