SELECT CONTENT

Episode 11 (Finale Part 2) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 48 of 50 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 11 (Finale Part 2) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 48 Empty Re: Episode 11 (Finale Part 2) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by kash Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:25 am

I haven't watched any of the previous seasons of the bachelor/ette or pad, but it seems likely that the producers of the show would make every attempt to 'persuade' a contestant to remain on the program until the final, bloody end, regardless. By hook or by crook, these producers want a so-called happy ending.

So, even if there was no 'contractual obligation' (I can't imagine how a tv producer or studio could create a binding contract which would compel someone to either propose or accept a proposal), it's clearly understood that a contestant would be letting the producers down, along with everyone who was financially and professionally invested in the tv series if they simply walked.

The contestants also realize that their future earnings opportunities would most likely evaporate immediately and forever if they walked away from a show like this without seeing it to it's inevitable "fairy tale" ending, no matter how far fetched, silly or even in this case, utterly ridiculous it might seem.

In theory, she could have walked; practically speaking, she had every incentive to stay.

Luvvy wrote:Exactly, LLiza! Like Des said, she was falling for Chris the whole time. I'll never forget her comment on the HTD, "Chris is stealing my heart!" Everything happened the way it was supposed to, and Chris is strong enough to understand that this process was hell on Des, but in the end, she chose him. I think people keep forgetting that she could have totally walked away.

kash

Back to top Go down

Episode 11 (Finale Part 2) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 48 Empty Re: Episode 11 (Finale Part 2) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Guest Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:56 am

I don't know if it is just me and my sister, but we feel like the finale was "tweaked". There never was the sting ray date with Chris. The one that really scratches my head is Chris in a purple shirt and suit in a limo upset. Also, there was a preview with a purple shirt proposing. Was it all an elaborate set up not to have the ending spoiled? One articles reported to two rings, when we only saw one. There just some items on the finale that don't add up to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by LLiza Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:24 pm

borahborah1130 wrote:I don't know if it is just me and my sister, but we feel like the finale was "tweaked". There never was the sting ray date with Chris. The one that really scratches my head is Chris in a purple shirt and suit in a limo upset. Also, there was a preview with a purple shirt proposing. Was it all an elaborate set up not to have the ending spoiled?  One articles reported to two rings, when we only saw one. There just some items on the finale that don't add up to me.

The entire season is tweaked -- each and every episode!! It is all about ratings.

LLiza

Female Posts : 213

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsbatonmom Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:41 pm

Finally caught up with all the posts.....What a roller coaster of a season!  It is time for me to get off this crazy ride but before I do, I guess I need my closure.  So I have decided to make my post regarding the final outcome be what "I" as a Mom would have felt if these characters on this crazy show where my kids.  Having two kids (one son and one daughter) just a few years younger than the guys on the show.

1 - Drew - If I were his Mom I would be very proud of him for handling things they way he did.  He did nothing wrong in the process.  I just feel he was just not at the same maturity level as Des.  Even if he had more time with her, I do not think it would ever had worked out long term.
2 - Brooks - If I were his Mom I would have given him the advice to not rush into to such a final closure until he knew how Des felt.  I felt he was a little selfish in ways....it was about his process and not hers.  But on the other hand, I do thank him for not allowing her to think he would be there for her in the end.......which I am still not sure that with a little more time he would not have gotten there.  I do honestly think he cared about her....the producer pressure to propose at the end freaked him out.
3 - Chris - If I were his Mom I would be concerned.......and I would absolutely tell him that!  As a Mom, I would not want my son to be second choice.....not saying that he was.  BUT there are too many "what ifs" that point that way.  Honestly, my heart feels more for Chris than any of the other characters on this show......He looks like he is totally in love with her and IMO I feel that love his blinding him to what actually happened.  He is currently in the stage of denial.
4 - Des - If I were her Mom.......I would have told her to pick no one and go home!  If she still had feelings for any of these guys, she could reconnect with them in the real world.  By picking Chris after only 5 days of the most emotional heartbreak I have ever seen on this show, it made her picking Chris questionable.  Do you really want to start out a life together with everyone doubting and thinking she picked someone else as a default?  

Now my turn to play the "adjectives" game.....as a Mom.....Drew=Proud, Brooks=Honest, Chris=Concerned, and Des=Settled.

I am sure I will be back next season! Everyone enjoy the rest of their summer!

I stayed very neutral this season.....glad I did!
mrsbatonmom
mrsbatonmom

Female Posts : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:54 pm

After watching the show on Youtube because I did not tape this season gave it a miss(mad as shad about that). In my heart I don't believe Chris was second choice, she just needed to clear the blinders or cobweb out of her eyes and find the inner strength to over come the thinking that she cant find someone to love her as much as she loves them, and to throw out the wants for right now and seek the need for forever. It took her a while but she finally got it and I can see her glowing and I do believe she will now have the life and love that she has always needed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Starshine_16 Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:01 pm

reason wrote:After watching the show on Youtube because I did not tape this season gave it a miss(mad as shad about that).  In my heart I don't believe Chris was second choice, she just needed to clear the blinders or cobweb out of her eyes and find the inner strength to over come the thinking that she cant find someone to love her as much as she loves them, and to throw out the wants for right now and seek the need for forever.  It took her a while but she finally got it and I can see her glowing and I do believe she will now have the life and love that she has always needed.

reason,you and I think very similarly.She realized what she needed and with Brooks out of the picture she could finally see that Chris gives her everything she needs and more.

Nephew: Christopher
Niece: Lillian
Nephew: Griffin
I am a proud aunt!
Starshine_16
Starshine_16

Female Posts : 1017

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:05 pm

Yes SS she got her ah ha moment and quickly let go of Drew also.  Good girl turn to smart lady.

Back to top Go down

Post by Catdwoman50 Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:44 pm

Starshine_16 wrote:
reason wrote:After watching the show on Youtube because I did not tape this season gave it a miss(mad as shad about that).  In my heart I don't believe Chris was second choice, she just needed to clear the blinders or cobweb out of her eyes and find the inner strength to over come the thinking that she cant find someone to love her as much as she loves them, and to throw out the wants for right now and seek the need for forever.  It took her a while but she finally got it and I can see her glowing and I do believe she will now have the life and love that she has always needed.

reason,you and I think very similarly.She realized what she needed and with Brooks out of the picture she could finally see that Chris gives her everything she needs and more.

K have to get my 2 cents in. ITA with both of you.

I wasn't really invested and didn't watch earlier dates with Brooks or any of the other guys, but I watched from the HTD on. On the HTD, I really felt something special between Des and Chris and was sad that she would choose Brooks in the end (spoiled, yah know). I was hoping TPTB would pick Chris for next bachelor, coz I actually picked him over Brooks for Des. Des' body language with Drew and Zak were friendly, with Brooks loving and desparate, but with Chris you can tell she was opening up with him and there was definitely an attraction between the 2. She was flirting more with Chris than even with Brooks (I think with the latter it was more about emotion, they have moved passed the flirtiing stage). I also think that like all of the seasons, there is always that one person that "is slow to develop" and one that can be the "crash and burn." That, in addition to Des' pattern of picking the guy that is not "that into her" has hindered her ability to move past her pattern of behavior until she was forced to look deeper into her situation. But if we were sleuthing, I think she felt something special with Chris too because at the F3 dates - she had the isolated island date that the leads usually get with one or two that they want to spend more time with, yah? Since we didn't see Brooks date I can'r really compare between the 2 dates which one was F1/F2, but of course we all know what she was leaning towards Brooks so that was a given even without seeing Brooks date.

So if Brooks was around at F2, I definitely think she would have picked Brooks and yes that would have made Chris the second choice. But things happen for a reason, with Brooks bowing out Chris became the only choice to Des. She could have said, I'm going home, and yet she didn't because as she said she couldn't say goodbye to Chris. Would she have taken Brooks back? Hmmm, I guess 3 months ago yes but not today. I think Des wisened up along the way. Chris loving her more at the time of their engagement is actually romantic, I think they are on the same level now and building on a good thing. Good for them.

Need to do something productive and stop hanging out in this forum (after Nick's season)
Catdwoman50
Catdwoman50

Female Posts : 1684

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:49 pm

Great post, catdwoman50. Hopefully this type of thinking will put the skeptics to rest.

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by latergator Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:29 pm

mrsbatonmom wrote:Finally caught up with all the posts.....What a roller coaster of a season!  It is time for me to get off this crazy ride but before I do, I guess I need my closure.  So I have decided to make my post regarding the final outcome be what "I" as a Mom would have felt if these characters on this crazy show where my kids.  Having two kids (one son and one daughter) just a few years younger than the guys on the show.

1 - Drew - If I were his Mom I would be very proud of him for handling things they way he did.  He did nothing wrong in the process.  I just feel he was just not at the same maturity level as Des.  Even if he had more time with her, I do not think it would ever had worked out long term.
2 - Brooks - If I were his Mom I would have given him the advice to not rush into to such a final closure until he knew how Des felt.  I felt he was a little selfish in ways....it was about his process and not hers.  But on the other hand, I do thank him for not allowing her to think he would be there for her in the end.......which I am still not sure that with a little more time he would not have gotten there.  I do honestly think he cared about her....the producer pressure to propose at the end freaked him out.
3 - Chris - If I were his Mom I would be concerned.......and I would absolutely tell him that!  As a Mom, I would not want my son to be second choice.....not saying that he was.  BUT there are too many "what ifs" that point that way.  Honestly, my heart feels more for Chris than any of the other characters on this show......He looks like he is totally in love with her and IMO I feel that love his blinding him to what actually happened.  He is currently in the stage of denial.
4 - Des - If I were her Mom.......I would have told her to pick no one and go home!  If she still had feelings for any of these guys, she could reconnect with them in the real world.  By picking Chris after only 5 days of the most emotional heartbreak I have ever seen on this show, it made her picking Chris questionable.  Do you really want to start out a life together with everyone doubting and thinking she picked someone else as a default?  

Now my turn to play the "adjectives" game.....as a Mom.....Drew=Proud, Brooks=Honest, Chris=Concerned, and Des=Settled.

I am sure I will be back next season!  Everyone enjoy the rest of their summer!

great synopsis mrsbatonmom... I not only agree with your point,  but definitely agree with your mothering style...:Clap:
latergator
latergator

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:30 pm

pbmax wrote:terabithia, I love your post. I agree with you. I feel like they forced her to choose Chris. The way she was crying like she didn't want to do it. Even on the ATFR you got CH telling them they're in love and happy, not the couple themselves convincing us. I feel sad for Chris if he thinks he can sweep what happen out of his mind, it's gonna always linger in the back of his mind. I think I am through with the bachelorette, atleast with the bachelor they choose who they want even if it is the unpopular choice. It's
that or no one.
Holy Moly, I must of been watching a completely different show.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10796

Back to top Go down

Post by Longhornfan Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:31 pm

mrsbatonmom wrote:Finally caught up with all the posts.....What a roller coaster of a season!  It is time for me to get off this crazy ride but before I do, I guess I need my closure.  So I have decided to make my post regarding the final outcome be what "I" as a Mom would have felt if these characters on this crazy show where my kids.  Having two kids (one son and one daughter) just a few years younger than the guys on the show.

I am sure I will be back next season!  Everyone enjoy the rest of their summer!

I agree with a lot of what your wrote, however, I saw things with Brooks differently.  Brooks told CH that he HAD been in love before, and he knew what love felt like, and he just did not have that feeling with Des.  Brooks even said the exact same thing at the AFTR when CH was asking him some of the hard questions.  Despite it appearing that Brooks was being wishy washy when trying to figure out how he really felt about Des, I have no doubts about the decision that he made.  It was the right decision for both of them.  I don't believe that Brooks was ever really love with Des, but that he loved a lot of things about her.  So, more time for him would not have made a difference in the outcome.

And I don't understand what you meant by him being selfish and was making the process about him and not her.  I actually admired the fact that Brooks didn't lose sight of the fact that a relationship with Des HAD to go both ways.  It really is supposed to be two separate journeys, so to speak, and he and the other guys were told that if they weren't feeling it for Des, then they should let her know.

I just think that the timing of Brooks' revelation was the biggest problem.  I personally think that Brooks might have wanted to pull himself out of the running at the F4 RC, but perhaps he was still confused or perhaps felt pressured to continue on.  Either way, Brooks was pretty much done right after his HTD.

I do agree with you about Chris and his family, though.  That gut wrenching hour long goodbye with Brooks and Des would be hard for any parent or sibling to watch.  It was hard for me to watch!!  That was not the ideal way for Des and Chris to start off a life together.

Longhornfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 48 of 50 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 11 (Finale Part 2) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

+126
cupcakes
Muslady
happy2bme
Lievta
melika