SELECT CONTENT

Episode 11 (Finale Part 2) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 49 of 50 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 11 (Finale Part 2) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 49 Empty Re: Episode 11 (Finale Part 2) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by mrsbatonmom Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:42 pm

Longhornfan....this is why I love reading this message board.....People see things differently. And it helps when you stay neutral when watching the show. I went in this season with no favorite....really did not know much about any of the cast. I learned my lesson with Reid during Jillian's season......NEVER AGAIN!
mrsbatonmom
mrsbatonmom

Female Posts : 209

Back to top Go down

Episode 11 (Finale Part 2) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 49 Empty Re: Episode 11 (Finale Part 2) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by kash Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:07 pm

Very informative post.

Brooks stated however, that he spent several hours with Desiree on that day; what we were shown was just a small portion of their time together. He said on ATFR that he was completely exhausted when it was over.

I find it disingenuous for Desiree to ask Chris not to watch that particular episode. If she has truly gained closure and moved on, she would not have made such a request. The fact that she HAS however, means her feelings for Brooks are still alive and well, and that she doesn't want Chris to know how raw and intense those emotions were and likely still are.

Desiree will stay with Chris for the obligatory 6 months as required until the bachelor with JP starts to air. Once this professional obligation to the show is over, I see her making a move to ease her way out of her 'relationship' with Chris.

Desiree throws around the word "love" in the most cavalier way, which leads me to believe she was absolutely set on marriage (or, shall I say a proposal and ring) no matter what.

As a matter of fact, she seems to be more "in love" with her ring than with Chris ("it's gorgeous" referring to the diamonds and not to chris).

Longhornfan wrote:
mrsbatonmom wrote:Finally caught up with all the posts.....What a roller coaster of a season!  It is time for me to get off this crazy ride but before I do, I guess I need my closure.  So I have decided to make my post regarding the final outcome be what "I" as a Mom would have felt if these characters on this crazy show where my kids.  Having two kids (one son and one daughter) just a few years younger than the guys on the show.

1 - Drew - If I were his Mom I would be very proud of him for handling things they way he did.  He did nothing wrong in the process.  I just feel he was just not at the same maturity level as Des.  Even if he had more time with her, I do not think it would ever had worked out long term.
2 - Brooks - If I were his Mom I would have given him the advice to not rush into to such a final closure until he knew how Des felt.  I felt he was a little selfish in ways....it was about his process and not hers.  But on the other hand, I do thank him for not allowing her to think he would be there for her in the end.......which I am still not sure that with a little more time he would not have gotten there.  I do honestly think he cared about her....the producer pressure to propose at the end freaked him out.
3 - Chris - If I were his Mom I would be concerned.......and I would absolutely tell him that!  As a Mom, I would not want my son to be second choice.....not saying that he was.  BUT there are too many "what ifs" that point that way.  Honestly, my heart feels more for Chris than any of the other characters on this show......He looks like he is totally in love with her and IMO I feel that love his blinding him to what actually happened.  He is currently in the stage of denial.
4 - Des - If I were her Mom.......I would have told her to pick no one and go home!  If she still had feelings for any of these guys, she could reconnect with them in the real world.  By picking Chris after only 5 days of the most emotional heartbreak I have ever seen on this show, it made her picking Chris questionable.  Do you really want to start out a life together with everyone doubting and thinking she picked someone else as a default?  

Now my turn to play the "adjectives" game.....as a Mom.....Drew=Proud, Brooks=Honest, Chris=Concerned, and Des=Settled.

I am sure I will be back next season!  Everyone enjoy the rest of their summer!

I stayed very neutral this season.....glad I did!

I agree with a lot of what your wrote, however, I saw things with Brooks differently.  Brooks told CH that he HAD been in love before, and he knew what love felt like, and he just did not have that feeling with Des.  Brooks even said the exact same thing at the AFTR when CH was asking him some of the hard questions.  Despite it appearing that Brooks was being wishy washy when trying to figure out how he really felt about Des, I have no doubts about the decision that he made.  It was the right decision for both of them.  I don't believe that Brooks was ever really love with Des, but that he loved a lot of things about her.  So, more time for him would not have made a difference in the outcome.

And I don't understand what you meant by him being selfish and was making the process about him and not her.  I actually admired the fact that Brooks didn't lose sight of the fact that a relationship with Des HAD to go both ways.  It really is supposed to be two separate journeys, so to speak, and he and the other guys were told that if they weren't feeling it for Des, then they should let her know.

I just think that the timing of Brooks' revelation was the biggest problem.  I personally think that Brooks might have wanted to pull himself out of the running at the F4 RC, but perhaps he was still confused or perhaps felt pressured to continue on.  Either way, Brooks was pretty much done right after his HTD.

I do agree with you about Chris and his family, though.  That gut wrenching hour long goodbye with Brooks and Des would be hard for any parent or sibling to watch.  It was hard for me to watch!!  That was not the ideal way for Des and Chris to start off a life together.

kash

Back to top Go down

Post by Longhornfan Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:28 pm

mrsbatonmom wrote:Longhornfan....this is why I love reading this message board.....People see things differently.  And it helps when you stay neutral when watching the show.  I went in this season with no favorite....really did not know much about any of the cast.  I learned my lesson with Reid during Jillian's season......NEVER AGAIN!

I didn't have a favorite either.  The only thing that I knew from the very first night was that Brooks had been spoiled as the F1.  And after a short period of time, it became very evident that Brooks was a frontrunner, and Des WAS falling hard for him.  I actually missed the love story for Chris, because of the spoilers....and the editing.

I did believe that Brooks was telling the truth that he wanted out, and him coming to that conclusion was done after he had throughly processed everything in his head.  But, I did think that he was going to return to the show, because of the spoilers.  However, I couldn't see them making it work out in the real world, especially after what I saw while watching Part 1 of the finale.

It is interesting, though, how we can all watch the same show but see things so differently.

Longhornfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:47 pm

mrsbatonmom wrote:Finally caught up with all the posts.....What a roller coaster of a season!  It is time for me to get off this crazy ride but before I do, I guess I need my closure.  So I have decided to make my post regarding the final outcome be what "I" as a Mom would have felt if these characters on this crazy show where my kids.  Having two kids (one son and one daughter) just a few years younger than the guys on the show.

1 - Drew - If I were his Mom I would be very proud of him for handling things they way he did.  He did nothing wrong in the process.  I just feel he was just not at the same maturity level as Des.  Even if he had more time with her, I do not think it would ever had worked out long term.
2 - Brooks - If I were his Mom I would have given him the advice to not rush into to such a final closure until he knew how Des felt.  I felt he was a little selfish in ways....it was about his process and not hers.  But on the other hand, I do thank him for not allowing her to think he would be there for her in the end.......which I am still not sure that with a little more time he would not have gotten there.  I do honestly think he cared about her....the producer pressure to propose at the end freaked him out.
3 - Chris - If I were his Mom I would be concerned.......and I would absolutely tell him that!  As a Mom, I would not want my son to be second choice.....not saying that he was.  BUT there are too many "what ifs" that point that way.  Honestly, my heart feels more for Chris than any of the other characters on this show......He looks like he is totally in love with her and IMO I feel that love his blinding him to what actually happened.  He is currently in the stage of denial.
4 - Des - If I were her Mom.......I would have told her to pick no one and go home!  If she still had feelings for any of these guys, she could reconnect with them in the real world.  By picking Chris after only 5 days of the most emotional heartbreak I have ever seen on this show, it made her picking Chris questionable.  Do you really want to start out a life together with everyone doubting and thinking she picked someone else as a default?  

Now my turn to play the "adjectives" game.....as a Mom.....Drew=Proud, Brooks=Honest, Chris=Concerned, and Des=Settled.

I enjoyed your view of the individuals. For me the trouble is this is a TV show and my comment to any if my four kids who did this would be "Have you lost your mind?". I think having MF edit and have as much control as he does plus the rush format that gets them to engagement In two months is simply crazy. My kids are much older but this is not reality and all played the roles they were given and also the direction. I wish the two of them the best. If they were my kids I would have been upset about the decision to participate but figure they are adults and old enough to make their own mistakes. I think staying neutral is a great idea. I sure wish I had not listened to the spoilers. I was not a Brooks fan and was sure he would return. Very glad I was wrong!

Enjoy the rest of your summer too. Looking forward to Juan Pablo. I just hope they leave his daughter out of this show of mind games. I also hope they give him good stable women!

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsbatonmom Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:16 pm

Longhornfan wrote:
mrsbatonmom wrote:Longhornfan....this is why I love reading this message board.....People see things differently.  And it helps when you stay neutral when watching the show.  I went in this season with no favorite....really did not know much about any of the cast.  I learned my lesson with Reid during Jillian's season......NEVER AGAIN!

I didn't have a favorite either.  The only thing that I knew from the very first night was that Brooks had been spoiled as the F1.  And after a short period of time, it became very evident that Brooks was a frontrunner, and Des WAS falling hard for him.  I actually missed the love story for Chris, because of the spoilers....and the editing.

I did believe that Brooks was telling the truth that he wanted out, and him coming to that conclusion was done after he had throughly processed everything in his head.  But, I did think that he was going to return to the show, because of the spoilers.  However, I couldn't see them making it work out in the real world, especially after what I saw while watching Part 1 of the finale.

It is interesting, though, how we can all watch the same show but see things so differently.

I too knew the spoilers....I never can buy into them 100%......I told a girlfriend on Friday before the finale aired that I had a gut feeling that Chris was final 1. She thought I was crazy. I too saw Brooks as a front runner and must admit I did not pay much attention to Chris until Brooks left....at that point I felt that no other guys were even close to what she and Brooks had even after "Looking Deep" into the other relationships. I truly believe everybody deserves love and hope the best for all involved......BUT I still have a gut feeling that Chris was a default......and I truly wish that was not the case.
mrsbatonmom
mrsbatonmom

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsbatonmom Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:18 pm

Swissmiss wrote:

I enjoyed your view of the individuals. For me the trouble is this is a TV show and my comment to any if my four kids who did this would be "Have you lost your mind?".  I think having MF edit and have as much control as he does plus the rush format that gets them to engagement In two months is simply crazy. My kids are much older but this is not reality and all played the roles they were given and also the direction. I wish the two of them the best. If they were my kids I would have been upset about the decision to participate but figure they are adults and old enough to make their own mistakes. I think staying neutral is a great idea. I sure wish I had not listened to the spoilers. I was not a Brooks fan and was sure he would return. Very glad I was wrong!

Enjoy the rest  of your summer too. Looking forward to Juan Pablo. I just hope they leave his daughter out of this show of mind games. I also hope they give him good stable women!

As many may remember my daughter knew Kacie B....she twirled baton with her for a few years. When Kacie was on Ben's season someone mentioned to me about my daughter applying for the show.....My reaction was not just NO, but HE77 NO!
mrsbatonmom
mrsbatonmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:35 pm

mrsbatonmom wrote:
Swissmiss wrote:

I enjoyed your view of the individuals. For me the trouble is this is a TV show and my comment to any if my four kids who did this would be "Have you lost your mind?".  I think having MF edit and have as much control as he does plus the rush format that gets them to engagement In two months is simply crazy. My kids are much older but this is not reality and all played the roles they were given and also the direction. I wish the two of them the best. If they were my kids I would have been upset about the decision to participate but figure they are adults and old enough to make their own mistakes. I think staying neutral is a great idea. I sure wish I had not listened to the spoilers. I was not a Brooks fan and was sure he would return. Very glad I was wrong!

Enjoy the rest  of your summer too. Looking forward to Juan Pablo. I just hope they leave his daughter out of this show of mind games. I also hope they give him good stable women!

As many may remember my daughter knew Kacie B....she twirled baton with her for a few years.  When Kacie was on Ben's season someone mentioned to me about my daughter applying for the show.....My reaction was not just NO, but HE77 NO!

Glad to know I am not the only one.  My daughter and I got into this discussion years ago. She said it would be an adventure. F U N.  I told her she could have all the fun she wanted if she applied--chained and handcuffed to her bed.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelad9 Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:55 pm

I don't think that Chris was ever a default. I think the outcome would have been the same. If Brooks had come back, I think she would have rejected him after what he did in favor of Chris. Chris has always been her rock, her support and she was also falling for him as well as Brooks. I just think she was slower to realize it because of her infatuation with Brooks. But the chemistry was there to see from night 1 if anyone was really paying attention to all the Final 4 body language with the lead and lead with all Final 4. JMO. I was rooting for Chris and Brooks. Thou I have always liked Chris a bit better than Brooks. And am glad that Chris's steadfast and really supportiveness has won her heart over fast and what might have faded away over time. I see based on body language in tv interviews after the show that both Desiree and Chris are in this relationship for the long haul. Both genuinely care and love each other.

Kelad9

Female Posts : 1107

http://kelad9.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kash Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:06 pm

Desiree is impossible to read. She is just about the most emotionally monotone female I've ever seen. She had that robotic, frozen perma-smile on her face during the course of the entire show.

Until she broke down in front of Brooks, I literally thought she was a stepford wife robot, straight out of the factory.

I'd find it difficult to become emotionally involved with a woman like that: someone with the same frozen expression regardless of circumstances. Brooks had a great time: who wouldn't be overwhelmed by the fantasy scenario dates concocted during this show. But it's very easy to see why he didn't "feel it" when he wasn't with her. Without the 3 ring circus and pyrotechnics, there wasn't much there.

Kelad9 wrote:I don't think that Chris was ever a default. I think the outcome would have been the same. If Brooks had come back, I think she would have rejected him after what he did in favor of Chris. Chris has always been her rock, her support and she was also falling for him as well as Brooks. I just think she was slower to realize it because of her infatuation with Brooks. But the chemistry was there to see from night 1 if anyone was really paying attention to all the Final 4 body language with the lead and lead with all Final 4. JMO. I was rooting for Chris and Brooks. Thou I have always liked Chris a bit better than Brooks.  And am glad that Chris's steadfast and really supportiveness has won her heart over fast and what might have faded away over time. I see based on body language in tv interviews after the show that both Desiree and Chris are in this relationship for the long haul. Both genuinely care and love each other.

kash

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:10 pm

Staying unspoiled until the last two weeks, I saw it very differently.

I wasn't spoiled so I viewed each episode a little differently, I guess. I always come away with first impressions of their initial interactions. Out of the limo, I honestly thought Drew scored first! Duh. I also thought Chris scored..it was different and his first interaction with Dez told me he was a confident person. I loved her "FUNNY" cause he got the best of her in that moment or should I say caught her by surprise. I guess I'm trying to say... an impression had been made. I really didn't pay any attention to Brooks. Nothing about him stood out to me. While I was bored with the magic tricks,etc., I looked at their bios and pics. I couldn't relate to Brooks at all. For me, he was the opposite of Drew. He should have made them retake that photo..cause it was God awful. ANYWAY, when she chose him for the first date...I knew there way more to him than meets the eye because some time during the night through conversation with Dez, he also scored. After their first one on one, I actually liked Brooks. Dez first date basically landed Brooks as the "one". Sitting on top of that Hollywood sign with feet dangling and the world at her feet...yeah, I can get into her head. He spoke of his dreams... you know the many he had. (what she didn't see on the horizon is that he(a skipper) would easily never see them to fruition, either). Nice fairytale, though! As I watched throughout the season..Chris just stood out to me as he and Dez interacted. He is what Dez always wanted. He's outgoing, easy going, witty, sharp and very loving...add to that "confident in himself". Confidence is sexy to me. Back to Dez and Chris, they have SO MUCH in common. But the tone had been set on that flipping first 1-1. It took Brooks leaving for Dez to dig deep and have an "aha" moment. For me that moment didn't come out of desperation, it came from putting tomorrow and real life in perspective. Does she want to go on without the guy who makes her laugh, the guy who is confident in where he is going, the guy who loves life as she does, the guy who makes her feel safe and happy when life issues tough hurdles. You know, he is the guy with the biggest ..., lol, (had to play Katherine). Anyway, I watched this girl having a blast with Chris the entire season. So much that she even expressed a very heartfelt poem written just for him and about him. Brooks may have had that killer first date but Chris had touched her heart in a real way. When you step outside that bubble, you have to have REAL to ever have a chance to succeed. You know...outside of the bubble...where do Dez and Brooks land? I never even saw him take his shirt off or even just let go... not with Dez. He's not athletic, not confident...I guess witty takes you a long way. So as to the proposal to Chris... it made total sense to me. I'm just so happy that Dez was able to "GET IT", too. Cause there ain't too dam many that get it on this show. With that being said, who knows if they will make it. Seattle is new to Chris, too. From what I have gathered about Seattle, there are many young professionals who reside there. They are on a new journey and I think they intend to have the time of their lives. It's been months since Desiree's breakup with Brooks and I think she put it into perspective a LONG time ago. So to that I say...YOU GO GIRL! Big Ol Grin.

ETA: I'm not anti Brooks. I actually like the guy. I have the utmost respect for him. I'm reflective but he's worse than me and that would drive me nuts! It just would have been a disaster and I'm so glad that girl had fate on her side. If it doesn't work out with Chris, at least she gets what she must have in a relationship. But for now, I think they are both very excited about what possibly lies on the horizon for them. *A toast to Dez and Chris*

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by kash Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:29 pm

Nice breakdown, mp.

Honestly, I just think Desiree was going to get engaged no matter what. She said as much in the ATFR.

And she was gushing about her "gorgeous" new ring, valued at upwards of $70k.

She was smiling with Chris, sure, but she smiles with everyone. If she were alone in a room with a turnip, she'd have a beaming smile on her face.

Desiree, like her male contestant counterparts, was more or less completely vacuous. The only moment that stood out as real and heartfelt was her "breakup" with Brooks. Actually, she wasn't breaking up with him because he wasn't even her boyfriend. He was just a contestant leaving the show.

It's a bizarre, truman show type alter-reality we're talking about here.

kash

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:34 pm

mprssdbyu wrote:Staying unspoiled until the last two weeks, I saw it very differently.

I wasn't spoiled so I viewed each episode a little differently, I guess. I always come away with first impressions of their initial interactions. Out of the limo, I honestly thought Drew scored first! Duh. I also thought Chris scored..it was different and his first interaction with Dez told me he was a confident person. I loved her "FUNNY" cause he got the best of her in that moment or should I say caught her by surprise. I guess I'm trying to say... an impression had been made. I really didn't pay any attention to Brooks. Nothing about him stood out to me. While I was bored with the magic tricks,etc., I looked at their bios and pics. I couldn't relate to Brooks at all. For me, he was the opposite of Drew. He should have made them retake that photo..cause it was God awful. ANYWAY, when she chose him for the first date...I knew there way more to him than meets the eye because some time during the night through conversation with Dez, he also scored. After their first one on one, I actually liked Brooks. Dez first date basically landed Brooks as the "one". Sitting on top of that Hollywood sign with feet dangling and the world at her feet...yeah, I can get into her head. He spoke of his dreams... you know the many he had. (what she didn't see on the horizon is that he(a skipper) would easily never see them to fruition, either). Nice fairytale, though! As I watched throughout the season..Chris just stood out to me as he and Dez interacted. He is what Dez always wanted. He's outgoing, easy going, witty, sharp and very loving...add to that "confident in himself". Confidence is sexy to me. Back to Dez and Chris, they have SO MUCH in common. But the tone had been set on that flipping first 1-1. It took Brooks leaving for Dez to dig deep and have an "aha" moment. For me that moment didn't come out of desperation, it came from putting tomorrow and real life in perspective. Does she want to go on without the guy who makes her laugh, the guy who is confident in where he is going, the guy who loves life as she does, the guy who makes her feel safe and happy when life issues tough hurdles. You know, he is the guy with the biggest ..., laugh out loud, (had to play Katherine). Anyway, I watched this girl having a blast with Chris the entire season. So much that she even expressed a very heartfelt poem written just for him and about him. Brooks may have had that killer first date but Chris had touched her heart in a real way. When you step outside that bubble, you have to have REAL to ever have a chance to succeed. You know...outside of the bubble...where do Dez and Brooks land? I never even saw him take his shirt off or even just let go... not with Dez. He's not athletic, not confident...I guess witty takes you a long way. So as to the proposal to Chris... it made total sense to me. I'm just so happy that Dez was able to "GET IT", too. Cause there ain't too dam many that get it on this show. With that being said, who knows if they will make it. Seattle is new to Chris, too. From what I have gathered about Seattle, there are many young professionals who reside there. They are on a new journey and I think they intend to have the time of their lives. It's been months since Desiree's breakup with Brooks and I think she put it into perspective a LONG time ago. So to that I say...YOU GO GIRL! Big Ol Grin.

ETA: I'm not anti Brooks. I actually like the guy. I have the utmost respect for him. I'm reflective but he's worse than me and that would drive me nuts! It just would have been a disaster and I'm so glad that girl had fate on her side. If it doesn't work out with Chris, at least she gets what she must have in a relationship. But for now, I think they are both very excited about what possibly lies on the horizon for them. *A toast to Dez and Chris*

High clap 

Exactly!!!! Thank you ... this is exactly what I saw too. I think being unspoiled for first four episodes really helped. Her connection with Chris was obvious at episode 3 and just kept building. So while I heard the spoiler, I never fully believed it as I always thought what she had with Chris was stronger and reciprocated (!). I only gave up on ChrisDes relationship when all the longtime sleuthers on this board reconfirmed Brooks as F1 because as history has proven; any inaccuracies with spoiler is always corrected about 5 days or so before finale.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 49 of 50 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 11 (Finale Part 2) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

+126
cupcakes
Muslady
happy2bme
Lievta
melika