SELECT CONTENT

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #4

Page 17 of 56 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 36 ... 56  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #4 - Page 17 Empty Re: Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #4

Post by atem Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:09 pm

What jabs from Desiree?

I don't agree about the outcome this hurting him... sometimes, I think people want things to happen in an instant and it will take time, but we will see that in his job and personal life, things will be good.

Now, I personally don't think he's ready to get married anytime soon in the first place. That should have been a clue to Desiree and to us. Maybe, he's more open to it, but not exactly. That's just my opinion though. I could be totally off.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #4 - Page 17 Empty Re: Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #4

Post by atem Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:19 pm

Piper61 wrote:
atem wrote:
Piper61 wrote:He's a cutie.
That is a cute pic of him. :Nod: 
Thanks for posting it!  This thread needs more Brooks! giggling  More pics, more video, more news.  I loved his feature in Tyler's "Atfirstsight" video.  
I wish there was a way for the pics to be in each page, so people don't miss them! Should we ask for a non-discussion thread on the fan forum to post the pics and interviews?

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Lievta Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:28 pm

sydney1 wrote:Here's the thing....I don't believe Brooks was not falling in love. I notice a change in him after he saw Des with James.  I don't think he liked James very much and for her to treat James like she treat him was difficult for him to understand . Remember he had practice of putting walls up. He was able to do that with his father.  I believe if Des had told him earlier and starting backing down on the kisses with some of the other guys he may have open his heart more.  But I really think she lost him in Spain with all the James mess.  Brooks is very set in his principles and that is a good thing. But sometimes you just have to go head first and take a leap of faith.  I guess the reason I am so sad is because I believe Des and Brooks are soul mates and one day they will look back and know this.  This does not mean that they will not have a happy life but just think of what it could have been.
I'm with you 100% on this whole post, sydney, but especially the 1st two bolded parts. Having said that, per the last bolded part, when a person who puts up walls so as not to get hurt, it's hard enough to take that leap of faith in real life. I would imagine it's next to impossible to do it when the person you're falling for is making out with other guys AND you have handlers filling your already-doubt-filled head with all sorts of notions.

For a moment each seemed unreal to the other — then the slow warm hum of love began.
Lievta
Lievta

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper61 Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:29 pm

atem wrote:
Piper61 wrote:
atem wrote:
Thanks for posting it!  This thread needs more Brooks! giggling  More pics, more video, more news.  I loved his feature in Tyler's "Atfirstsight" video.  
I wish there was a way for the pics to be in each page, so people don't miss them!  Should we ask for a non-discussion thread on the fan forum to post the pics and interviews?  
I think that's a good suggestion, if they would do it.
Piper61
Piper61

Female Posts : 6364

Back to top Go down

Post by Butter_Scotch77 Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:34 pm

atem wrote:After reading the transcripts for Drew and Brooks about being approached to be the next Bachelor and Drew had a photo shoot done for his intro vid that was cut out and how the show let Drew see the finale, but not Brooks... there are so many questions I have for Brooks and Drew!

Atem, by not showing Brooks the Finale they probably wanted to see the shock on his face that Des' got engaged or if he changed his mind by wanting her back. Instead Brooks gave them neither.
Butter_Scotch77
Butter_Scotch77

Female Posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:37 pm

Butter_Scotch77 wrote:
atem wrote:After reading the transcripts for Drew and Brooks about being approached to be the next Bachelor and Drew had a photo shoot done for his intro vid that was cut out and how the show let Drew see the finale, but not Brooks... there are so many questions I have for Brooks and Drew!

Atem, by not showing Brooks the Finale they probably wanted to see the shock on his face that Des' got engaged or if he changed his mind by wanting her back.  Instead Brooks gave them neither.
I am so glad that Brooks did not give them the reaction that they wanted. I noticed Brooks was surprised but I will always wonder what he would have said if she choose no body because she loved only him.
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:40 pm

I know I am beating a dead horse but I still wonder what would have happened if his sister didn't put this in hi head that it had to be hard when you are not with them. It does not have to be hard when you are missing someone. Des told him she missed him everyday.

Sometime you have to fall apart only to realize you need to be together!
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:40 pm

Piper61 wrote:
atem wrote:
Piper61 wrote:
atem wrote:
I wish there was a way for the pics to be in each page, so people don't miss them!  Should we ask for a non-discussion thread on the fan forum to post the pics and interviews?  
Do you guys want me to ask Love_me if we can do that?

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:44 pm

atem wrote:
Piper61 wrote:
atem wrote:
Piper61 wrote:
atem wrote:
Do you guys want me to ask Love_me if we can do that?
It would be nice to put all Brooks pics in one place. Because we will lose them if they are just on the fan thread. IMO>
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:45 pm

nannymargie wrote:
Butter_Scotch77 wrote:

Atem, by not showing Brooks the Finale they probably wanted to see the shock on his face that Des' got engaged or if he changed his mind by wanting her back.  Instead Brooks gave them neither.
I am so glad that Brooks did not give them the reaction that they wanted.  I noticed Brooks was surprised but I will always wonder what he would have said if she choose no body because she loved only him.
I will always wonder, too. Hmm. Another question on my list. I'm glad he didn't give them they reaction they wanted, too. So glad. He won.

Back to top Go down

Post by Butter_Scotch77 Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:46 pm

agentcurls wrote:
sfrank wrote:
agentcurls wrote:
Beeleever wrote:I just went back and started reading the Discussion #3 thread. I love agentcurls list of clues about why Brooks wasn´t F1, Chris was F1 etc. That post should be stickied so we don´t lose it for sleuthing next season!
 I put the updated F1 vs. not F1 analysis list as a red Sticky in the "Bachelorette Season 9 Archives/Past Discussions" thread to possibly use as a future reference.
Agent, would you mind clarifying something we were debating yesterday...at ATFR did you get the sense that Brooks still had lingering feelings for Des? Or she had for him? Someone mentioned the look on her face when he talked about seeing something between her and Chris and I agree she did not look happy. Thoughts?
I think they both feel like they have unfinished business. I know Des said she got closure because she told Brooks everything she wanted to in Antigua, but she will always wonder "what if" in a real world scenario. My opinion on Brooks is he still has feelings for Des, but knows deep down she is not the right one for him, intellectually in particular.

In retrospect, I don't think Des sparked his intellectual curiosity as much as Brooks sparked and challenged hers. There was still a strong physical attraction and emotional bond there. But I suspect Brooks is going on record saying he did the right thing by walking away and that the love just wasn't there, because he was being honest with himself and knew he had to close the door for good on the relationship because she is with Chris now.
Wow, I so agree. I read in one of the earlier threads that Brooks was listening to music on Spotify. Does anyone know what type of music it was. Was it missing her music or music of regret. You guys know what I'm trying to say because that would indicate where his head was during these months and up to now before ATFR. I don't have facebook, but could someone post those songs, I want too listen too those lyrics.
Butter_Scotch77
Butter_Scotch77

Female Posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:00 pm

Butter_Scotch77 wrote:
agentcurls wrote:
sfrank wrote:
agentcurls wrote:
Beeleever wrote:I just went back and started reading the Discussion #3 thread. I love agentcurls list of clues about why Brooks wasn´t F1, Chris was F1 etc. That post should be stickied so we don´t lose it for sleuthing next season!
 I put the updated F1 vs. not F1 analysis list as a red Sticky in the "Bachelorette Season 9 Archives/Past Discussions" thread to possibly use as a future reference.
Agent, would you mind clarifying something we were debating yesterday...at ATFR did you get the sense that Brooks still had lingering feelings for Des? Or she had for him? Someone mentioned the look on her face when he talked about seeing something between her and Chris and I agree she did not look happy. Thoughts?
I think they both feel like they have unfinished business. I know Des said she got closure because she told Brooks everything she wanted to in Antigua, but she will always wonder "what if" in a real world scenario. My opinion on Brooks is he still has feelings for Des, but knows deep down she is not the right one for him, intellectually in particular.

In retrospect, I don't think Des sparked his intellectual curiosity as much as Brooks sparked and challenged hers. There was still a strong physical attraction and emotional bond there. But I suspect Brooks is going on record saying he did the right thing by walking away and that the love just wasn't there, because he was being honest with himself and knew he had to close the door for good on the relationship because she is with Chris now.
Wow, I so agree.  I read in one of the earlier threads that Brooks was listening to music on Spotify.  Does anyone know what type of music it was.  Was it missing her music or music of regret.  You guys know what I'm trying to say because that would indicate where his head was during these months and up to now before ATFR.  I don't have facebook, but could someone post those songs, I want too listen too those lyrics.
He was listening to music with lyrics that directly addressed his situation.  The fact that he was listening to several songs a lot was what led me to believe that they were together.  But looking back, it was probably him trying to process what happened, especially since he couldn't really discuss it, and get over the feelings he had, not doubt himself etc.  But - it does support what agentcurls said above.  He did care for her, he was a little confused, but if he was being honest with himself, she wasn't "the love of his life" as he indicated.

Jesus, etc. - Wilco
You Can Be the One - Late Night Alumni
More Than Life - Whitley
I Think I Love You - Donora
Pillow Talk - Wild Child
You and I - Wilco
Love Like This - Wild Belle
Never Gonna Give You Up - Black Keys
When My Time Comes - Dawes
Against the Grain - Hudson
Eyes - Rogue Wave
It's too Late - Wild Belle
Another Girl - Wild Belle
Hello my old heart - the Oh Hellos
The End of That - Plants and Animals
Lola Who - Plants and Animals
Second Chance - Peter, Bjorn and John
Luckiest Man - The Wood Brothers
Shine - Late Night Alumni

I think a lot of people thought focusing on what he was listening to was crazy.  I just love music and we have the same taste so that's why it struck a chord with me.

Last edited by Cecilia on Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cecilia
Cecilia

Female Posts : 2283

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 56 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 36 ... 56  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #4

+50
veg_out
dax right
biolalyss
NeverEnoughTime
lorijbaker