SELECT CONTENT

Brooks Discussion Group

Page 6 of 37 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brooks Discussion Group - Page 6 Empty Re: Brooks Discussion Group

Post by eliza3 Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:59 pm

Rudyblue wrote:
IrishGal wrote:Well, then let's discuss something susbtantive. I'd like to discuss if people really think Brooks was asked to be the next Bachelor.  I think not.  Remember last year when Arie said he'd been asked but turned it down and no one believed it?  I think the chances Arie was asked are 10 times the chances that Brooks was asked.  At least Arie actually fell in love and got seriously heart broken. Why would they ask a proven committment phobe who is so self-unaware he didn't realize til the very last second he didn't and never would love Des?  Great lead he would be.  Sorry, JMHO.
I think he was approached, CH appeared to be indicating that in some of his comments.  But I also think they approached a number of people and not sure how serious they were with the approach to Brooks.  Juan Pablo should be an entertaining bachelor, so they probably got the right one in the end.
I think there is no way they talked to him about being the Bach. CH spoke often about Brooks inability to speak easily about his emotions. What kind of Bach would that be?? Exploring your emotions and talking about them is part of the game.
eliza3
eliza3

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudyblue Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:02 pm

eliza3 wrote:
Rudyblue wrote:
IrishGal wrote:Well, then let's discuss something susbtantive. I'd like to discuss if people really think Brooks was asked to be the next Bachelor.  I think not.  Remember last year when Arie said he'd been asked but turned it down and no one believed it?  I think the chances Arie was asked are 10 times the chances that Brooks was asked.  At least Arie actually fell in love and got seriously heart broken. Why would they ask a proven committment phobe who is so self-unaware he didn't realize til the very last second he didn't and never would love Des?  Great lead he would be.  Sorry, JMHO.
I think he was approached, CH appeared to be indicating that in some of his comments.  But I also think they approached a number of people and not sure how serious they were with the approach to Brooks.  Juan Pablo should be an entertaining bachelor, so they probably got the right one in the end.
I think there is no way they talked to him about being the Bach.  CH spoke often about Brooks inability to speak easily about his emotions.   What kind of Bach would that be??  Exploring your emotions and talking about them is part of the game.
CH also said they had talked to him but that he just wasn't ready yet. Brooks also said he'd been approached but felt, after watching what Des went through, that the process was too emotionally taxing. I think Juan Pablo is a good choice, and lots of fans of the show are probably pretty happy with him as the next bachelor.

Rudyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:02 pm

I completely agree Irish, I think that the fact that Brooks was committment phobe and truth be told, I saw him pulling away from her as early as their date in Madiera but couldn't bring himself to talk to her about it, then on hometown date he really was pulling away, then why in the world would the producers give him another chance.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10796

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:04 pm

Rudyblue wrote:
I am sorry, I must of missed those comments. Can I see them on this board somewhere?

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:07 pm

eliza3 wrote:
Rudyblue wrote:
I think there is no way they talked to him about being the Bach.  CH spoke often about Brooks inability to speak easily about his emotions.   What kind of Bach would that be??  Exploring your emotions and talking about them is part of the game.
Exactly. I can't see how they'd approach him to be the Bach when he can't commit to his emotions. He just wasn't in love with her, knew that for a long time and didn't say anything about it but dragged it out forever it seemed. After Harrison's comments, I can't see how his opinion of Brooks would ever change.

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudyblue Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:31 pm

Aunties_Love wrote:
eliza3 wrote:
Rudyblue wrote:
Exactly.  I can't see how they'd approach him to be the Bach when he can't commit to his emotions.  He just wasn't in love with her, knew that for a long time and didn't say anything about it but dragged it out forever it seemed.  After Harrison's comments, I can't see how his opinion of Brooks would ever change.
The question was whether he'd been approached. These comments are from Brooks' interview with media after the AFTR show and have not been denied by TPTB.

"You know, after watching Desiree firsthand and the process that she went through, emotionally taxing, there was some discussion early on and when they had asked me initially my response was no," Brooks admits to YourTango. "We had multiple conversations about it and they said, 'We think we're going in a different direction anyway,' so that there wasn't much to consider for me in that arena, so that decision was pretty easy."

I think they probably approached a whole lot of people.

Rudyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:57 pm

Rudyblue wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
eliza3 wrote:
Rudyblue wrote:
Exactly.  I can't see how they'd approach him to be the Bach when he can't commit to his emotions.  He just wasn't in love with her, knew that for a long time and didn't say anything about it but dragged it out forever it seemed.  After Harrison's comments, I can't see how his opinion of Brooks would ever change.
The question was whether he'd been approached.  These comments are from Brooks' interview with media after the AFTR show and have not been denied by TPTB.

"You know, after watching Desiree firsthand and the process that she went through, emotionally taxing, there was some discussion early on and when they had asked me initially my response was no," Brooks admits to YourTango. "We had multiple conversations about it and they said, 'We think we're going in a different direction anyway,' so that there wasn't much to consider for me in that arena, so that decision was pretty easy."

But you also said that it was CH that said stuff about Brooks being offered or that he'd been approached so I was commenting on that. From what I saw, CH never mentioned in the press anything to do with Brooks being a bach, and in fact has made several comments regarding that they(producers/him) don't want him and had actually talked disparignly towards BRooks too.

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:30 pm

The question was whether he'd been approached. These comments are from Brooks' interview with media after the AFTR show and have not been denied by TPTB.
I'm sure he was "approached" in the way that they always dangle that "next lead" carrot when they are trying to get a contestant to do something that they want. But I do not believe for one minute that they seriously considered Brooks for next Bachelor.
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:33 pm

IF he was approached, I don't think it was serious. Maybe in his "exit interview" (if they have those), they may have asked him "if we were to consider you for the next Bachelor lead, would you be interested?" I seriously doubt they would have picked him based on what happened with Des, and I totally credit him for being honest about not feeling it and bowing out. I don't think TPTB would want that quality in their lead though. My guess is he probably wouldn't have done it anyway; he mentioned how he saw what a toll it took being the lead. No matter who they may have been considering at the time of the MTA, it was over when Juan Pablo appeared. Case closed. I liked him, for what little we saw of him and hope this next season is a good one. I'm not sure if I'm going to stay unspoiled or not; one of the best things I liked about this season was that it felt like it did in the beginning when we didn't know who the final one would be, and we all waited for that first limo door to open and see what dress would come out so then we would know who the F1 was.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:33 pm

tigertiz wrote:
I'm sure he was "approached" in the way that they always dangle that "next lead" carrot when they are trying to get a contestant to do something that they want.   But I do not believe for one minute that they seriously considered Brooks for next Bachelor.
I agree with that for sure.

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:39 pm

Aunties_Love wrote:
Rudyblue wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
eliza3 wrote:
Rudyblue wrote:
The question was whether he'd been approached.  These comments are from Brooks' interview with media after the AFTR show and have not been denied by TPTB.

But you also said that it was CH that said stuff about Brooks being offered or that he'd been approached so I was commenting on that.  From what I saw, CH never mentioned in the press anything to do with Brooks being a bach, and in fact has made several comments regarding that they(producers/him) don't want him and had actually talked disparignly towards BRooks too.
Brooks per CH is wishy washy. He has a hard time making decisions and is not good at identifying and understanding his feelings. Nothing wrong with any of that in the real world, but no way is he Bachelor material for that one reason. I don't believe they ever seriously considered him. I question if JP wasn't put on the show specifically to be the next bachelor. He showed little investment in Des or vice versa. They had a lawsuit. It was time for a minority and now they have checked that box. As early as the MTA, Des and CH were pitching him for the next bach.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:21 am

grace8136 wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
Rudyblue wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
eliza3 wrote:
Rudyblue wrote:

But you also said that it was CH that said stuff about Brooks being offered or that he'd been approached so I was commenting on that.  From what I saw, CH never mentioned in the press anything to do with Brooks being a bach, and in fact has made several comments regarding that they(producers/him) don't want him and had actually talked disparignly towards BRooks too.
Brooks per CH is wishy washy. He has a hard time making decisions and is not good at identifying and understanding his feelings. Nothing wrong with any of that in the real world, but no way is he Bachelor material for that one reason. I don't believe they ever seriously considered him. I question if JP wasn't put on the show specifically to be the next bachelor. He showed little investment in Des or vice versa. They had a lawsuit. It was time for a minority and now they have checked that box. As early as the MTA, Des and CH were pitching him for the next bach.
I wouldn't exactly call JP a minority. His parents are from Venezuala so he is Latino but he is white, so not a minority in my book. Not that it really matters. After this dullfest of a season, I just want someone fun and entertaining.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 37 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Brooks Discussion Group

+48
jlccaz